+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trump signs Executive Order on Human Trafficking

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Default Trump signs Executive Order on Human Trafficking

U.S. President Donald Trump signed an executive order "ENFORCING FEDERAL LAW WITH RESPECT TO TRANSNATIONAL CRIMINAL ORGANIZATIONS AND PREVENTING INTERNATIONAL TRAFFICKING."

This concerns both drug trafficking and human trafficking. This order mostly stands to make the issue of prosecuting these crimes a Federal priority, "under the guidance of the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and the Secretary of Homeland Security." It also mandates that a report be submitted to the President within 120 days.

The news coverage of this executive order mostly focused on the drug aspect, along with others executive order that break up urban gangs and protecting police from violence, portraying them as a creation of a police state, with headlines like "Trump's Executive Orders on Crime Foment 'Dark View of Society'."

Is this the end of politically connected pedophile networks, or just another empty presidential promise designed to keep us Avalonians happily waiting in suspense?
    Last edited by Kryztian; 11th February 2017 at 21:25.

2. The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Arcturian108 (12th February 2017), avid (12th February 2017), Ba-ba-Ra (11th February 2017), Baby Steps (19th June 2018), bennycog (11th February 2017), Bill Ryan (11th February 2017), BMJ (23rd February 2017), Bruno (13th February 2017), Calz (12th February 2017), Cardillac (12th February 2017), Chester (11th February 2017), cursichella1 (14th February 2017), Daughter of Time (11th February 2017), Debra (18th February 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th April 2019), DNA (12th February 2017), ElfeMya (11th February 2017), Eram (12th February 2017), etheric underground (12th February 2017), Ewan (12th February 2017), ghostrider (12th February 2017), GrnEggsNHam (14th February 2017), Helene West (13th February 2017), Hervé (11th February 2017), justntime2learn (12th February 2017), Justplain (12th February 2017), ks4ever (12th February 2017), Magnus (13th February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th April 2019), mojo (8th July 2018), Nasu (12th February 2017), Noelle (12th February 2017), norski (12th February 2017), Omni (19th June 2018), ponda (12th February 2017), Reinhard (12th February 2017), sanma (12th February 2017), Sean (11th February 2017), seko (12th February 2017), Sequoia (12th February 2017), starlight (12th February 2017), TargeT (13th February 2017), Timreh (12th February 2017), toppy (12th February 2017), uzn (11th February 2017), Valerie Villars (20th June 2018), WhiteLove (12th February 2017), wnlight (13th February 2017), Yetti (12th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Sean's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,659 times in 387 posts

Default Re: Trump signs Executive Order on Human Trafficking

REALLY interesting how MSM made, like, zero mention of the human trafficking component of this EO. That was on purpose.

I can't stand Trump, but this is good. I hate seeing families torn apart with these raids..But have we not figured out yet that the people who are trafficking illegal immigrants are ALSO trafficking sex slaves? I protested against this here in NYC; But, can we admit that it was the IMPLEMENTATION and EXECUTION of this EO that was the main problem? HOW they did it, not the "why?"

I'm not partisan. I want the truth. The truth is Obama did a lot of the same things, with nary a protest. Why is that?

If Trump is going after drug/human trafficking, good.

And, the reason the MSM downplayed the human trafficking part of the EO should be obvious: They themselves, or people they're friendly with, are involved. Don't forget that California raid recently. 474 people busted. Just saying. Some of the "Trump blowback" is "deception and cover".

4. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Sean For This Post:

Arcturian108 (12th February 2017), avid (12th February 2017), Bayareamom (12th February 2017), bennycog (11th February 2017), Bill Ryan (11th February 2017), BMJ (23rd February 2017), Bruno (13th February 2017), Chester (12th February 2017), Debra (18th February 2017), East Sun (8th July 2018), Eram (12th February 2017), Hervé (11th February 2017), justntime2learn (12th February 2017), Justplain (12th February 2017), kirolak (12th February 2017), Kryztian (12th February 2017), Nasu (12th February 2017), onevoice (20th June 2018), ponda (12th February 2017), seko (12th February 2017), Timreh (12th February 2017), toppy (12th February 2017), uzn (12th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Sequoia's Avatar
    Thanks

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...ion-crackdown/
    "Of the 160 arrested, about 150 had criminal histories, while five more had either been previously deported or had “final orders of removal”. Many of those arrested had prior felony convictions for “serious or violent offenses” including child sex crimes and assault."

Btw are you guys not aware of the mutiny in 2013 by the stand-up ICE agents who were left pulling their hair out their heads bc of the obamination of J. Napolitano who herself without fanfare resigned only to become the prez of Berkley! - as her "policy" was to basically release criminal illegal aliens who crawl over and under the borders back on the streets..til next time??

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sequoia For This Post:

Bruno (13th February 2017), East Sun (8th July 2018), Eram (12th February 2017), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Kryztian (13th February 2017), Michelle Marie (19th June 2018), TargeT (13th February 2017), toppy (12th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Quote Posted by Sean (here)
    REALLY interesting how MSM made, like, zero mention of the human trafficking component of this EO. That was on purpose.

I can't stand Trump, but this is good. I hate seeing families torn apart with these raids..But have we not figured out yet that the people who are trafficking illegal immigrants are ALSO trafficking sex slaves? I protested against this here in NYC; But, can we admit that it was the IMPLEMENTATION and EXECUTION of this EO that was the main problem? HOW they did it, not the "why?"

I'm not partisan. I want the truth. The truth is Obama did a lot of the same things, with nary a protest. Why is that?

If Trump is going after drug/human trafficking, good.

And, the reason the MSM downplayed the human trafficking part of the EO should be obvious: They themselves, or people they're friendly with, are involved. Don't forget that California raid recently. 474 people busted. Just saying. Some of the "Trump blowback" is "deception and cover".
    Not to forget the Trafficking of Human Organs...

Day 111 - DynCorp's Harvest,
    Killing Is Good Business, Part 1

(Published on Feb 11, 2017)
    "What we do in this series is we follow Oil Pipelines. And from that, if you just follow Oil Pipelines, you discover these Rat Lines. And these Rat Lines are illicit trade in Organs, Sex for Kids & Women, Drug Trafficking & Arms Trafficking. And so, we follow DynCorp & we're looking into DynCorp's move from the international space where its had alot of trouble overseas in Bosnia & Kosovo & so forth, and then Haiti, and how this has moved into the United States, as part of a program called Joint Task Force on Terror (JTTF)."

So, we're going to drill down a little bit today on journalism. I saw this data-driven journalism piece that someone quoted for me - thank you for the reference (to the blogger who put this out there). But it talks about how most news is delivered to you as data... and then you really don't have any filter to see the credibility of that, or not. So, its CNN vs 'Joe Blow', or whomever. Very infrequently is it data-aggregated with Truth-Points to visualize it. And almost never do they go into the WHY? of the story.

But I just wanted to show that this is a secret document from the CIA - its 1983 - and you wouldn't even have to change the date to bring it up to date, right now, which is: We need to bring muscle to bear against Syria. And it says we need to sharply escalate the pressure against Assad, to covertly orchestrate simultaneous military threats in Syria from three border States - Iraq, Israel & Turkey - they just dropped Israel. And the reason being is the sole goal: the Opening of the Pipeline.

If you knew this story - the 1983 story - you could have a 'filter' against anything CNN says, or anything CIA says. And say, 'that's just patently false' - I mean, its obvious that you're trying to put a Pipeline through Syria. And that's what I strive for in data-driven journalism.

And that's why the 650,000 emails from these 19 State Department people are so important. Because, even just with one email, completely changes the data-set, and changes our mindset. Even with just one proof-point & one pattern - we can throw out everything that CNN has done in, actually, the last 5 years, because we know its just not true.

And that's why if we Meta-data, or these G-mail accounts, it will just open up all the Foreign Policy & the Domestic Program that the FBI is running through McCabe.

Jason Chaffetz from House Oversight had a whole bunch of people protest last night - the Soros protesters with waving arms, some people now coming & pointing, and then they'll probably be throwing things, like eggs, soon. But what they were saying was, "Where is the 'Line in the Sand'? In other words, "What Line does Trump have to cross, in order for you to Impeach Trump, three weeks in?"

And the line is obvious - its the Constitution. Its the Law! And these 19 G-mail accounts, or a Felony - Violation of the Federal Records Act - and my response for Chappetz would be: The 'Line' for Trump is the same as it was for everyone else that works for the government. When you sign the pledge to go work for the government, if you break these laws, you have to pay the price. I would just say (to Chappetz), "Look, as soon as the FBI gives me the 19 G-mail accounts from the last investigation that I was working on, I'll be glad to start the investigation on Trump."

So this is another example that I want to use of this data-visualization & story... If you took the story that the CIA put out, they have beautiful graphics & so forth... they were saying, "Oh, right here, there's trash building up in these canals, so we need to go in there with U.N. Peace Keepers to clear this land cuz its backing up all the trash. And then there's these other Settlement Areas where... those need to be cleared because there could be rain & mud-slides.

Well, I mapped the new hotels - the seven new hotels to these spots - in Port-au-Prince. That's the only place where people were being permanently removed. So its again, it putting the two things together so you can have that lens to filter this. They wanted to move these people off this coastal area, because here's the airport - this is all luxury... And right now, its occupied by people - they wanted to move them out to these Green Spots.

So, one of the ways, I'll show... as I zoom in down here - this is this area right in here - if you didn't know, for instance, that Fort Dimanche - I think that means Sunday, right? It was the Haitian Auschwitz - this was where all the people were put to death, right here, during Pappa Doc & Baby Doc. Moran(?) Hotel - this was exactly based on the Vietnam Phoenix Project.

If you look at this little piece of land, here, called Cité Soleil... when
    Aristide came into power - a popularly elected President - he named this Cité Simone, because I believe his wife was named Simone, and now they've changed that because Aristide has been forced out. But if you look at the airport it aims almost like a gun - right at Cité Soleil - they want that property so bad... This Ministola(?) Logistic Center is right here, at the end, its like the bullet at the end of the gun - aiming right at Cité Soleil.

If you know this history, again, you can see these things that come out - these beautiful info-graphics, that are so well done. But then, you can kind of see through "cover stories"... Oh, its 'garbage', or it 'landslides', and so forth. And you go, "Wait, wait, a minute, here... But they don't build the hotel right away, so it would be hard to know that.

This is Samy, for instance, with the guy whose kind of importing / exporting of whatever - I think its alot of frozen bodies - to be honest w/ you. But this is this sex-operation that they've set up - this Kaliko Beach Club - and, we heard the story that there was 33 women that were saved. We heard the story that there were 12 men arrested [actually, people], but we didn't hear the names of who those 12 people were, we didn't hear the names of the 33 girls that were involved. We didn't have any reporters doing any follow-up at all. We don't know anything about it. There could have been 33 girls kidnapped from Cité Soleil. They could still be sex-slaves, now. And we don't know if the 12 guys who were arrested were the 12 kidnappers that went down & got them. Its just basically - if everyone is playing this 'fake' role - like the manager for the banquets, and so forth - if everybody is playing a fake role, you have no way of knowing, without real reporting.

So again, I'm encouraging anybody in Haiti to actually go and find this, because I think this is still in operation. And I think they're doing this at all 27 of Samy's hotels, still! Until they can provide me proof that they're not doing that. Go to the jail & show me pictures of the mug-shots of the people who got arrested, if they shut this thing down.

Okay, I'm just saying that the journalism has to go that next step..."

Day 111 - DynCorp Harvest,
    Killing Is Good Business, Part 2

(Published on Feb 11, 2017)

Day 109 - DynCorp Harvest,
    Killing Is Good Business, Part 4

(Published on Feb 9, 2017)

Day 109 - DynCorp Harvest,
    Killing Is Good Business, Part 1

(Published on Feb 9, 2017)

Last edited by turiya; 12th February 2017 at 19:46.

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Sequoia's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes there's a reason why I posted this YT link to this thread.
    Recall SERCO?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulP0QdvexFg

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sequoia For This Post:

avid (12th February 2017), Bruno (13th February 2017), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Michelle Marie (19th June 2018), sanma (13th February 2017), toppy (12th February 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

it's about time someone is battling drug/human trafficking;

Larry

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

BMJ (23rd February 2017), Bruno (13th February 2017), Chester (12th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th February 2017), Michelle Marie (19th June 2018), mojo (8th July 2018), sheme (17th February 2017), Valerie Villars (20th June 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Call me nuts but I feel this indicates some Character in the current administration.
    no doubt if trump haters can't find a way to twist it into something negative it will be ignored.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (13th February 2017), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Kryztian (24th February 2017), Michelle Marie (19th June 2018), mojo (8th July 2018), Valerie Villars (8th July 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Hopefully we will know soon if Trump's EO on both drug trafficking and human trafficking will be a white wash simply prosecuting the "little guys" or will become a true dragnet of deviant politicians and other inhumane elites. Will it actually come to seeing Hillary on MSM in an orange jumpsuit and chains? That scene would be a shocker for everyone in the USA! Can you imagine a third of congress 'convening' in jail? Then there is the drug running by the CIA and the military. All this imagery boggles the mind!

Settle down, Light. Relax. You know that nothing will come of this. It's just all talk and no action.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Baby Steps (31st August 2018), BMJ (23rd February 2017), boutreality (17th February 2017), Bruno (13th February 2017), Ewan (13th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th February 2017), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Kryztian (13th September 2018), Michelle Marie (19th June 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Below is a link which apparently doesn't work in France so I copied the article. It's from our biggest newspaper, "The Advocate" which the GDPR is blocking because they data mine.

I wasn't sure where to post without starting a new thread. This is a local article and not likely to be picked up by the AP.

It adds another perspective to the problem. This couple was arrested with 25 illegal immigrants, who they were illegally transporting for purposes of forced debt bondage, including two juveniles.

It's an ugly situation any way you look at it.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...2d017feef.html

Denham Springs couple accused of smuggling undocumented immigrants into Louisiana
    Advocate staff report JUN 16, 2018 - 3:41 PM (3)

A Denham Springs couple was arrested in Calcasieu Parish after officers caught the pair smuggling 25 undocumented immigrants as part of a forced debt bondage operation, according to a Louisiana State Police news release.

Stephanie T. Harris, 32, and Nicholas L. Harris, 38, were booked in Calcasieu Correctional Center Thursday on improper lane use, human trafficking and human trafficking of a juvenile, according to the news release. They are each being held on a $376,000 bond and could face up to 35 years in prison if convicted.

Troopers separately pulled the couple over for traffic violations as they drove sport utility vehicles Thursday evening on I-10 eastbound between Sulphur and Westlake. After the stops, officers found 25 undocumented immigrants, including two unaccompanied juveniles, between the two vehicles.

"These victims were being transported through a human smuggling operation, where they would be forced into debt bondage," according to the Louisiana State Police press release. "This type of trafficking is an example of modern day slavery, where unreasonable working conditions exist."

The U.S. Border Patrol took custody of the immigrants and put the juveniles in protective custody, police said. Authorities continue to investigate.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 19th June 2018 at 20:58.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th June 2018), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Michelle Marie (19th June 2018), mountain_jim (20th June 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    Hopefully we will know soon if Trump's EO on both drug trafficking and human trafficking will be a white wash simply prosecuting the "little guys" or will become a true dragnet of deviant politicians and other inhumane elites. Will it actually come to seeing Hillary on MSM in an orange jumpsuit and chains? That scene would be a shocker for everyone in the USA! Can you imagine a third of congress 'convening' in jail? Then there is the drug running by the CIA and the military. All this imagery boggles the mind!

Settle down, Light. Relax. You know that nothing will come of this. It's just all talk and no action.
    What about each one of us?

Are we all talk and no action?

What can each of us do to pitch in and make a difference?

I'm trying to find ways to make a difference. So far, here's what I'm doing:

1) ++++Becoming aware++++
    2) Sharing awareness
    3) praying for help
    4) praying for guidance
    5) writing to politicians
    6) signing petitions
    7) using "inner activism" intentional meditation
    8) praying with others
    9) ready for any other guided action
    10) talking to people

This has only recently been in the center stage of human Awareness.
    It's up to ALL of us.

***Community involvement and group action.***
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1191078

All of these issues are related. There are many crimes against humanity. We need to take a stand!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	38261

Any further ideas are welcome.

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 19th June 2018 at 21:01.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (20th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (19th June 2018), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), mojo (8th July 2018), Valerie Villars (19th June 2018)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,349 times in 1,707 posts

Further to this on the international stage.

US exits UN Human Rights Council

Washington D.C. [United States], June 20 (ANI): US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley has announced that the United States is withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council, alleging the 47-member council of "political bias."

"For too long, the Human Rights Council has been a protector of human rights abusers, and a cesspool of political bias. Human rights abusers continue to serve on, and be elected to, the council," CNN reported quoting Haley, as saying from the State Department, where she was accompanied by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

"The world's most inhumane regimes continue to escape its scrutiny, and the council continues politicizing scapegoating of countries with positive human rights records in an attempt to distract from the abusers in its ranks," she added.

The announcement came barely a day after the UNHRC condemned the Trump administration for its policy of separating children from the families at the US-Mexico border.

Haley threw a couple of other adjectives at the Geneva-based Human Rights Council, calling it "hypocritical" and "self-serving" organization.

"I want to make it crystal clear that this step is not a retreat from our human rights commitments. On the contrary, we take this step because our commitment does not allow us to remain a part of a hypocritical and self-serving organisation that makes a mockery of human rights," she said.

The Trump administration has already pulled the US out of several enormous international organisations and deals, including the Paris climate accord and the Iran nuclear deal, as well as the UN's educational and cultural organizations. (ANI)

Link: https://in.news.yahoo.com/us-exits-u...233609694.html
    Last edited by BMJ; 20th June 2018 at 13:49.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Flash (31st August 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th June 2018), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Michelle Marie (31st August 2018), mojo (8th July 2018), mountain_jim (20th June 2018), Valerie Villars (20th June 2018)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Just heard this from my cousin, who was in the Air Force and now flies for a commercial airliner. It shows awareness without paranoia can help the situation. This happened recently as told to him by a fellow pilot.

There was a very large man, 6ft. 4 inches or so, who had with him a 13 year old girl on a flight. They were different colors. The girl looked frightened and the stewardess relayed to the pilot that something didn't seem right with the situation. So, they set up law enforcement to be present when they landed. They handcuffed the man and took the girl to other authorities.

The girl was being trafficked and the quick action of the airline crew probably saved her from a life of hell.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (12th July 2018), Denise/Dizi (29th April 2019), East Sun (9th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (8th July 2018), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Kryztian (9th June 2019), Michelle Marie (31st August 2018), mountain_jim (9th July 2018), onawah (8th July 2018)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

https://apnews.com/5699bdffb7354eea9ccdc4f6fea9d8c7

From the AP

"Morocco shaken by harrowing account of tortured teen
    RABAT, Morocco (AP) — A lawyer for a 17-year-old Moroccan girl who told police she was gang-raped, forcibly tattooed and held against her will for two months says authorities have arrested 12 suspects in a case that’s sparking fresh public outcry over women’s rights and sexual abuse in the North African kingdom.

The Moroccan government has so far declined to comment on the girl’s harrowing account. Local police confirmed to The Associated Press that there have been arrests in the case, but wouldn’t say how many or give details.

Ibrahim Hashane, a member of a group of volunteer lawyers who are pressing her case, said an examining judge has ordered investigations into allegations of kidnapping, rape and abuse. He told the AP that among the 15 people suspected in the case, 12 are in custody and three are still on the run. He added that the judge has scheduled a first hearing in the case for next week.

In an online video interview with Morocco’s Chouf TV posted last week, the girl alleged that her kidnappers “would assault me one by one,” burned her and didn’t feed her or let her shower. She appeared to have scars from cigarette burns on her hands.

“They tattooed my arms, I don’t remember the day they tattooed me ’cause when I woke up in the morning I found that my arms were swollen and they hurt me,” said the girl, who was identified by local media only as Khadija. The AP does not generally identify victims of sexual assault. “It was terrible. I cried but no one cared. They have no compassion.”

The girl alleged that two men kidnapped her at knife-point when she was visiting her aunt during the May-June holy month of Ramadan, before selling her to other men in exchange for money or drugs. She said her captors gave her drugs that knocked her out for days at a time.

The case has dominated Moroccan news media for days, and more than 27,000 people have signed an online petition voicing indignation. Lawyers, activists and her parents are now raising funds to press her case and for medical treatment.

Abdelwahed Saadi, a social worker and neighbor of the girl’s family in the central Morocco town of Oulad Ayad, said her father reported her missing but authorities did not launch an investigation.

“They are simple people. The father is sick and couldn’t do much to help free his daughter. Where we live is a crime and drug hotspot. No one can do much when houses are assaulted, people robbed in the light of day, drugs are used up and crime is committed,” he said in a telephone interview. “She is first and foremost a victim of a dysfunctional environment. So are the attackers.”

The teenager said she attempted to flee from her abusers several times but in vain. Eventually, she said her father managed to speak by phone to one of the alleged kidnappers and convinced him to free her by saying he wouldn’t file a police complaint. Once freed, however, the girl notified authorities herself.

Houcine Harshi, president of the Moroccan Association for the Defense of Human Rights, cautioned that the girl’s account must be viewed with some skepticism.

In a phone interview, he alleged that the girl was known in the town for associating herself with drug users.

A mother of two of the alleged kidnappers told Sultana, a women’s news website, that the girl fled home with her parents’ knowledge and often came to her house to see her two sons now in custody. The mother said they repeatedly chased the girl away.

Saadi, the social worker, said no circumstances could excuse the girl’s alleged rape.

“This girl is a minor. She says she has been abused and raped. Her words must be taken seriously,” he said.

Violence against Moroccan women remains widespread and a largely taboo subject in a country that is seen as a haven of moderate Islam and relative prosperity in North Africa.

In February, parliament passed a long-sought law on combating violence against women, recognizing some forms of abuse for the first time and criminalizing some forms of domestic violence. But critics say it didn’t go nearly far enough.

A survey by U.N. Women, a United Nations agency for the empowerment of women, carried out in Rabat, the Moroccan capital, and in some neighboring cities found that 41 percent of the men surveyed believe that financial support justifies marital rape.

Over 50 percent reported having been emotionally abusive to their wives, and 15 percent acknowledged using physical violence against women.

The survey, conducted in 2016 and released in February, found that 62 percent of the men interviewed believe women must tolerate violence in order to preserve family unity. The study questioned 2,400 men and women in person over three months. No margin of error was given.

Concern about sexual violence gained momentum last year when video footage circulated online of boys on a bus ripping the clothes off a girl and groping her breasts, among other abuse. Neither the passengers nor the bus driver intervened."

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th April 2019), Flash (31st August 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st September 2018), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Kryztian (13th September 2018), Michelle Marie (31st August 2018)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)

2) Sharing awareness
    3) praying for help
    4) praying for guidance
    6) signing petitions
    8) praying with others
    10) talking to people

MM
    MM some of us are being active, the first thing here is really YOU SEE something, YOU SAY something.

I have been reporting mistreatment to children a few times to save their lives or to save them from forced prostitution.

And everytime I had to threaten the social work organisations of lawsuits and of going to newspapers if anything bad continues to go on for those kids, so they would take action.

I also made it clear I was following the case personally so that the action taken were in the best interest of the child.

We have to get used to taalk legal language and remain firm in our stand.

Otherwise complacency dominates when asking for help for children.

This is one place where we should always intervene when seeing Something. And most people won’t, they are afraid or complacent, which in my mind, makes them accomplices.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th April 2019), Foxie Loxie (1st September 2018), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Kryztian (13th September 2018), Michelle Marie (31st August 2018), Valerie Villars (1st September 2018)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)

2) Sharing awareness
    3) praying for help
    4) praying for guidance
    6) signing petitions
    8) praying with others
    10) talking to people

MM
    MM some of us are being active, the first thing here is really YOU SEE something, YOU SAY something.

I have been reporting mistreatment to children a few times to save their lives or to save them from forced prostitution.

And everytime I had to threaten the social work organisations of lawsuits and of going to newspapers if anything bad continues to go on for those kids, so they would take action.

I also made it clear I was following the case personally so that the action taken were in the best interest of the child.

We have to get used to taalk legal language and remain firm in our stand.

Otherwise complacency dominates when asking for help for children.

This is one place where we should always intervene when seeing Something. And most people won’t, they are afraid or complacent, which in my mind, makes them accomplices.
    That's great, Flash!

You have taken a strong stand. You set a good example for others, too.

You've got that spot on: SEE SOMETHING ... SAY SOMETHING.

It's amazing what we go up against, isn't it? This reminds of when I was a summer school teacher for social services in a residential girl's home. One girl reported being bullied, harrassed, and hit by another girl. Well, I reported it. Naively thinking I'd be supported and that we would implement solutions. Like, put them in different bedrooms. Tell the bully girl that behavior was not acceptable.

But instead, the girl was discredited (they said she reported hearing the voice of her grandmother who had passed on), and I was discredited (Nothing concrete, just saying I had some crazy ideas!). I ended up having several meetings, was told not to come back, but called Dept. of Human Services (as a mandatory reporter), and getting the number of the girl's lawyer and calling him. I went to the top. I had a meeting with the regional supervisor. My immediate supervisor was there. She lied about having the initial meeting with me (saying it didn't happen).

I told them that I couldn't give a whit about my job (I was still at the boys home), and that all I cared about was this girl's welfare. I also informed them that I called DHS and the girl's attorney. They changed their tune about that time.

Later, I followed up with the girl's attorney and she was soon to leave and be independent because she was turning 18.

But those people, they cared about the money. Once a co-worker told me there was a discussion about that not being the right place for this one boy, and one of the supervisors said, "Well, we get $8,000 a month for having him here."

Good for you for taking a firm stand.

We can just keep on trying to do our best--and saying what needs to be said.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th April 2019), Flash (31st August 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st September 2018), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Kryztian (13th September 2018)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    Further to this on the international stage.

US exits UN Human Rights Council

Washington D.C. [United States], June 20 (ANI): US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley has announced that the United States is withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council, alleging the 47-member council of "political bias."

"For too long, the Human Rights Council has been a protector of human rights abusers, and a cesspool of political bias. Human rights abusers continue to serve on, and be elected to, the council," CNN reported quoting Haley, as saying from the State Department, where she was accompanied by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

"The world's most inhumane regimes continue to escape its scrutiny, and the council continues politicizing scapegoating of countries with positive human rights records in an attempt to distract from the abusers in its ranks," she added.

The announcement came barely a day after the UNHRC condemned the Trump administration for its policy of separating children from the families at the US-Mexico border.

Haley threw a couple of other adjectives at the Geneva-based Human Rights Council, calling it "hypocritical" and "self-serving" organization.

"I want to make it crystal clear that this step is not a retreat from our human rights commitments. On the contrary, we take this step because our commitment does not allow us to remain a part of a hypocritical and self-serving organisation that makes a mockery of human rights," she said.

The Trump administration has already pulled the US out of several enormous international organisations and deals, including the Paris climate accord and the Iran nuclear deal, as well as the UN's educational and cultural organizations. (ANI)

Link: https://in.news.yahoo.com/us-exits-u...233609694.html
    Just say "No!" To hypocritical, self-serving organizations that mock truth by being deceptive and completely out of integrity.

MM

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Baby Steps (31st August 2018), BMJ (1st September 2018), Denise/Dizi (29th April 2019), Flash (31st August 2018), KiwiElf (1st September 2018), Kryztian (13th September 2018), Valerie Villars (1st September 2018)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Below is a link which apparently doesn't work in France so I copied the article. It's from our biggest newspaper, "The Advocate" which the GDPR is blocking because they data mine.

I wasn't sure where to post without starting a new thread. This is a local article and not likely to be picked up by the AP.

It adds another perspective to the problem. This couple was arrested with 25 illegal immigrants, who they were illegally transporting for purposes of forced debt bondage, including two juveniles.

It's an ugly situation any way you look at it.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...2d017feef.html

Denham Springs couple accused of smuggling undocumented immigrants into Louisiana
    Advocate staff report JUN 16, 2018 - 3:41 PM (3)

A Denham Springs couple was arrested in Calcasieu Parish after officers caught the pair smuggling 25 undocumented immigrants as part of a forced debt bondage operation, according to a Louisiana State Police news release.

Stephanie T. Harris, 32, and Nicholas L. Harris, 38, were booked in Calcasieu Correctional Center Thursday on improper lane use, human trafficking and human trafficking of a juvenile, according to the news release. They are each being held on a $376,000 bond and could face up to 35 years in prison if convicted.

Troopers separately pulled the couple over for traffic violations as they drove sport utility vehicles Thursday evening on I-10 eastbound between Sulphur and Westlake. After the stops, officers found 25 undocumented immigrants, including two unaccompanied juveniles, between the two vehicles.

"These victims were being transported through a human smuggling operation, where they would be forced into debt bondage," according to the Louisiana State Police press release. "This type of trafficking is an example of modern day slavery, where unreasonable working conditions exist."

The U.S. Border Patrol took custody of the immigrants and put the juveniles in protective custody, police said. Authorities continue to investigate.
    I know this is off topic, but I find it interesting that debt bondage is how America itself was formed, as the people coming to America to be "Free" came as "Indentured servants" to corporations, forced to work for those corporations to repay their debt for using their ships to come here. Then they were forced to continue this lifestyle in order to be able to legally own land, as those people who owned those corporations set into motion a system that would keep the entire nation as debt slaves. Something we still are to this day.

A slave that believes they're free is a happy slave. It's just obvious and enraging to see people being smuggled openly for such things, if the subject gained any real traction, the establishment knows that the population will recognize their own condition and they would face a destabilizing revolt..

So it's better we just keep this little "Secret" off the radar...

Really disgusting any way that you look at it really.. The only difference being the laws protect those using us as debt slaves, and they really don't help us at all. Little condolence for those being trafficked in other ways. Why people don't get enraged about ALL of it is what baffles me..

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

BMJ (30th April 2019), Bob (29th April 2019), Valerie Villars (29th April 2019)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

That's why I always balk at "slave reparation". How can you reimburse most people on the planet, who have either been enslaved or are currently enslaved, which means all of us, including our ancestors? It's just an impossible situation.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (30th April 2019)

+ Reply to Thread