Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ashton Kutcher Leads Solutions To End Child Abuse & Human Trafficking

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Ashton Kutcher Leads Solutions To End Child Abuse & Human Trafficking

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Does that mean he really does know what he's getting into with Senator McCain then?
    I’m inclined to think his heart is in the right place. Saving people is his objective. He's smart enough to know when people are using him. Is he aware enough to listen to inner knowing? It's hard to say.

As for Senator McCain and the rest, I just don’t know. I've become so cynical that it clouds my judgement.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), Debra (18th February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Jean-Marie (19th February 2017), Mike (19th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: Ashton Kutcher Leads Solutions To End Child Abuse & Human Trafficking

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Does that mean he really does know what he's getting into with Senator McCain then?
    I’m inclined to think his heart is in the right place. Saving people is his objective. He's smart enough to know when people are using him. Is he aware enough to listen to inner knowing? It's hard to say.

As for Senator McCain and the rest, I just don’t know. I've become so cynical that it clouds my judgement.
    First to @A Voice from the Mountains .... hey, thanks for putting together an answer here regarding Bombard's body analysis of Kutcher https://youtube.com/watch?v=FVRJ0UuyHMo And I don't think you are an amateur Far from it. You have an astute understanding of what Bombard does. However, her analysis is through the lens of her own agenda ... and by making the assumption that Kutcher is 'just an actor' reading lines that have been scripted for him, implying that he is just a dumb actor - I think is a very narrow context to be reading from. Is he - just an actor? Well, no .. as Running Deer has provided, there is more to Kutcher.

In fact, he has been a prolific developer and investor of web technologies since 2000 - over 16 years. He is an entrepreneur and a savvy and socially driven one at that. I have dug up this article from Fast Company .. it gives an interesting insight into Kutcher's growth in this field. mr-social-ashton-kutcher-plans-be-next-new-media-mogul

@TargeT I think is spot on also, this is a business presentation, and he knows exactly what he is doing.

@Running Deer I totally get you, as I am reserving my full trust too ... but we wanted action to stop this disease and I am staying open and welcoming any public stand by a profile figure because that also will rally others to look more deeply into this darkness. My hope is that this is part of the domino affect that is going to bring this right up and clean it away.

I guess I am also tired of actors being political (for reasons that I don't agree with of course) and tools, you bet. But, not all actors are dumb, either. I've spent years working with actors and I personally don't know too many who are dumb tools. Far far from it. Many I know are just as passionate and intellectually engaged about issues as anyone on the planet. And some have been seriously intelligent in other disciplines. If it wasn't for the Hollywood star, Hedy Lamar, who invented the concept of WIFI, most of us wouldn't be engaging so freely on the internet.

But back to topic: Who benefits from this?
    Last edited by Debra; 19th February 2017 at 00:05. Reason: Adding text

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Jean-Marie (19th February 2017), Mike (19th February 2017), RunningDeer (18th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

An example of real pain from real experience. It's ugly, it's nasty, it's painful and boy can you feel it and I doubt you'd need to be an empath to do so.

Regarding Kutcher asking for money - $750,000 per Two And A Half Men episode, and that's just that gig - if Kutcher was serious he'd be kicking arse right now and, IMO, he should be starting with his own backyard - Hollywood.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 19th February 2017 at 00:21.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), BMJ (22nd February 2017), Debra (19th February 2017), DNA (19th February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Mike (19th February 2017), muxfolder (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    An example of real pain from real experience. It's ugly, it's nasty, it's painful and boy can you feel it and I doubt you'd need to be an empath to do so.
    Absofreakinglutely .. and it needs to be shared again and again and again ... btw was this part of the reality show, The Two Coreys? Was it actually aired at the time?

Kutcher asking for money - $750,000 per Two And A Half Men episode, and that's just that gig - if Kutcher was serious he'd be kicking arse right now and, IMO, he should be starting with his own backyard - Hollywood.
    He might well be, you know Innocent Warrior, we just don't know.

It goes on everywhere.

As for the money, has he not already invested and continues to invest in this project? Anyway, it should be coming out of government coffers - and there needs to be a watchdog set up to make sure that it does do exactly what it is being set up to do. That part of the deal is not clear enough for me.

And more corporate entities could be paying for this too.
    Last edited by Debra; 19th February 2017 at 00:53.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), BMJ (22nd February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (19th February 2017), Mike (19th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Debra (here)
    Absofreakinglutely .. and it needs to be shared again and again and again ... btw was this part of the reality show, The Two Coreys? Was it actually aired at the time?
    Hi Debra

I'm not sure, I think so. I never watched any of it until after Haim died, I watched a few episodes on YouTube to see how Haim was going leading up to his death, it was heartbreaking, totally heartbreaking.

You could be right, Kutcher may do good, I hope he does, however, I remain unimpressed by his efforts. He's an entrepreneur and he's pitching technology for a company he's chairman for and he spoke about his research, from the head and not the heart, IMO. And now, because he's famous he gets lauded as leading solutions to end child abuse and human trafficking and it's not even the most efficient and cost effective and most obvious solution.

The solution is for the justice system to do their job. Of the stories I've seen about Corey Haim, I'm yet to see any on official investigations into his claims, there are numerous other examples I could say the same about. For myself personally, I reported the abuse I endured and was told that it was likely that nothing would be done about it because of the cost of extradition, by a man in a very high position who made his boredom patently clear as he coldly sighed and kept looking at his watch as I ripped my soul apart recounting some of the abuse. A couple of years later (I think, roughly), after hearing nothing back, I called the other state and asked why they never did anything. The answer was that it was never even reported, there was no record at all of my report and they assured me that there's no way they would have done nothing about such a severe case of abuse.

Society doesn't need a pretty faced entrepreneur to wake up to the continuing abuse of children, it needs to listen to the survivors/victims and put pressure on the people who's job it is to deal with this problem, the people their tax dollars pays for.

So, fancy technology to help proioritise their workload or they can simply follow up on reports by the victims - I vote the latter.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 19th February 2017 at 06:05.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), BMJ (22nd February 2017), Debra (19th February 2017), DNA (19th February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Hervé (19th February 2017), Jean-Marie (19th February 2017), Marianne (25th February 2017), Mike (19th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017), Wind (19th February 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Wow Rach that was gutting. Reading that knocked the wind out of me. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Very gutsy of you to share that. Thank you.

I think Kutcher was both sincere *and* acting a little bit. Thats just my feeling. It was like he was just a little too conscious that he might be doing something heroic and sort of played the part as a result...

...I recall marlon brando doing a bit of that when he took the stand during his son Christian's murder trial. Best performance he ever gave most likely...

I think we all do this sometimes. You can emotionally embellish too. It doesnt necessarily mean youre not sincere.

.. It's easy to find reasons to by cynical. Especially when we've programmed ourselves to be so suspicious all the time. And what choice do we have? The world has dictated this. As a strength this suspicion might keep us alive. As a weakness it might make being alive cold and miserable. Its not always easy to know when to ease that inclination towards suspicion and when to enforce it. It's an art. I wont pretend to have mastered it....

Only Kutcher knows how sincere he is. Me, i'd rather trust in people more often than not and be wrong a large percentage of the time then stay overly suspicious and be right most of the time..but never have the chance to see my trust rewarded. Privileged people like Kutcher can't win - if he does nothing he's ridiculed for being a soulless, unfeeling millionaire; if he jumps into the fray he's often resented as being phony or affected.... and encouraged to "stick with his day job".

At least he's trying. If what he's doing is ultimately effective, I dont care if he cashes in on it. if his motivation was solely monetary, he just as easily could have used his cyber talents for something else.
    Last edited by Mike; 19th February 2017 at 04:24.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), BMJ (22nd February 2017), Debra (19th February 2017), DNA (19th February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (19th February 2017), Jean-Marie (19th February 2017), JRS (19th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017), Wind (19th February 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

First to @A Voice from the Mountains .... hey, thanks for putting together an answer here regarding Bombard's body analysis of Kutcher https://youtube.com/watch?v=FVRJ0UuyHMo And I don't think you are an amateur Far from it. You have an astute understanding of what Bombard does. However, her analysis is through the lens of her own agenda ... and by making the assumption that Kutcher is 'just an actor' reading lines that have been scripted for him, implying that he is just a dumb actor - I think is a very narrow context to be reading from. Is he - just an actor? Well, no .. as Running Deer has provided, there is more to Kutcher.

In fact, he has been a prolific developer and investor of web technologies since 2000 - over 16 years. He is an entrepreneur and a savvy and socially driven one at that. I have dug up this article from Fast Company .. it gives an interesting insight into Kutcher's growth in this field. mr-social-ashton-kutcher-plans-be-next-new-media-mogul

@TargeT I think is spot on also, this is a business presentation, and he knows exactly what he is doing.

@Running Deer I totally get you, as I am reserving my full trust too ... but we wanted action to stop this disease and I am staying open and welcoming any public stand by a profile figure because that also will rally others to look more deeply into this darkness. My hope is that this is part of the domino affect that is going to bring this right up and clean it away.

I guess I am also tired of actors being political (for reasons that I don't agree with of course) and tools, you bet. But, not all actors are dumb, either. I've spent years working with actors and I personally don't know too many who are dumb tools. Far far from it. Many I know are just as passionate and intellectually engaged about issues as anyone on the planet. And some have been seriously intelligent in other disciplines. If it wasn't for the Hollywood star, Hedy Lamar, who invented the concept of WIFI, most of us wouldn't be engaging so freely on the internet.

But back to topic: Who benefits from this?
    bombard's body language analysis is never that good in my views, and I do think anybody who has thoroughly studied body analysis with real expert would think the same. That being said, Kutcher is definitely doing a business presentation, to get money (and i cannot believe he said anything good about McCain who must be one of the worst crooked mind around). However this does not mean Kutcher is not sincere about the children, he may be sincere.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), BMJ (22nd February 2017), Debra (19th February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Mike (19th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Wow Rach that was gutting. Reading that knocked the wind out of me. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Very gutsy of you to share that. Thank you.
    Thanks, Mike. It's actually highly uncomfortable to do so, I doubt it matters at all but for the children (when they grow up), that's how it is for a lot of them, I have no doubt.

Quote .. It's easy to find reasons to by cynical.
    Guilty here, and totally unapologetic about it. I've never claimed to be perfect or right or whatever, just me, that's all I can offer.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 19th February 2017 at 05:14. Reason: clarified

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), BMJ (22nd February 2017), Debra (19th February 2017), DNA (19th February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Jean-Marie (19th February 2017), Mike (19th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Thanks, Mike. It's actually highly uncomfortable to do so, I doubt it matters at all but for the children (when they grow up), that's how it is for a lot of them, I have no doubt.

Guilty here, and totally unapologetic about it. I've never claimed to be perfect or right or whatever, just me, that's all I can offer.

Innocent Warrior ❤

You are amazing - Your warrior spirit is very much felt on this forum and like Mike, I cannot begin to articulate how it saddens and angers me that you, like countless others, have been through so much and yet treated this way. I am listening. And I will continue to talk about this in any way I can to prevent it falling back under the carpet. I want this to be a part of conversation everywhere to the point that the grassroots shakes enough into taking responsibility.

Part of the problem, yes, is the legal system, especially the corrupt lawyers that either profit from protecting these monsters or indulge themselves. Even if there are cases that do get attention, the system just doesn't work fast enough, in my books.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), BMJ (22nd February 2017), DNA (19th February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (19th February 2017), Mike (19th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Innocent Warrior ❤

You are amazing - Your warrior spirit is very much felt on this forum and like Mike, I cannot begin to articulate how it saddens and angers me that you, like countless others, have been through so much and yet treated this way. I am listening. And I will continue to talk about this in any way I can to prevent it falling back under the carpet. I want this to be a part of conversation everywhere to the point that the grassroots shakes enough into taking responsibility.

Part of the problem, yes, is the legal system, especially the corrupt lawyers that either profit from protecting these monsters or indulge themselves. Even if there are cases that do get attention, the system just doesn't work fast enough, in my books.
    Thank you. It would be so great if more people listened.

The issue is so much more complex than I’ve ever read or heard from the so called experts. For example; we don’t actually all want revenge and I know I’m not the only one like this. I just wanted it to stop and for him to be helped when I was a child but when others know and they won’t do anything about it then the possibility of him doing it to someone else weighed on my conscience and became my responsibility and so I reported it. And then people don’t understand how I can be compassionate about it and look at me like I’m totally messed up. So imagine how many children don’t say anything because they’re protecting their parent, because they don’t want them hurt too. Children are so pure and beautiful. That’s just one aspect of this issue that people could learn a lot about if they listened to us, without judgement. There are many more aspects.

Anyway, thank you so much for your post, I appreciate it more than I can express, you’re amazing yourself. And Mike.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), BMJ (22nd February 2017), Debra (19th February 2017), DNA (19th February 2017), Eram (19th February 2017), Hervé (19th February 2017), Mike (19th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Well thats what I love about you Rach!......youre so bloody blunt! It's beautiful.

For the record tho, I wasnt singling you out. Or trying to make myself sound pious(i was very self conscious of that of while writing that post...i just didnt know how else to write it). Who knows, maybe im some naive f#cking doofus! Look, youre talking to a guy who thinks Obama is a good guy....but thats for another thread.

One other thing id like to clarify, and this is important: in no way was I comparing Ashton Kuchers acting ability to Marlon Brando's. And its my sincere hope that if I or anyone else does this in the future, theyre chucked from the forum immediately.
    Last edited by Mike; 19th February 2017 at 09:34.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Billy (24th February 2017), BMJ (22nd February 2017), Debra (19th February 2017), DNA (19th February 2017), Eram (20th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), Sierra (24th February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2