+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (HOAX) Cannibal Club: A private club where you can try human meat

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default (HOAX) Cannibal Club: A private club where you can try human meat

I continue to be amazed.

This isn't even a news article. It's a website with a freaking menu. Human meat "from the young and healthy."

They keep their location private and request that anyone interested go through a vetting process first, so as to "avoid disruption from the less enlightened."

Yeah, that's the reason, I'm sure. Just like they are vague about where they are getting the bodies that they are cooking and serving to people, they don't want random people showing up to check what they're doing either.

Here's their FAQ page:

Quote What does human flesh taste like?

When prepared by us, unbelievable. Of the meats you are likely to find in stores, pork is the closest match.

Where do you get your specialty meat?

Our avenues of procurement vary. Most of the businesses and institutions who supply us prefer to keep those relationships discreet. On the individual level, bodies are often bequeathed to us. For some, this is a way to supplement life insurance and offset funerary expenses. For others, such as Cannibal Club member Gwendoline Fenwich, who was served to her friends and relatives at the Club in January of 2008, being prepared as a meal, and thereby reborn into the bodies of the living, is an attractive alternative to the more the traditional practices of burial and cremation.

We take considerable care to ensure that all our meat is produced legally and ethically, and derived only from young, healthy bodies.

Isn't cannibalism wrong?

Cannibalism, as traditionally practiced, usually shows respect to the deceased, who is desired to be reborn into the living, or offered as a worthy sacrifice to some deity. It is never our practice to debase or objectify human life. Arguments against cannibalism are typically grounded in ignorance, cultural prejudice, and nonsensical spiritual beliefs.

Doesn't cannibalism cause disease?

Prion diseases of the nervous system, such as kuru, are associated with the consumption of brain tissue, which is not part of our menu.

What is your address? I want to visit!

Introduce yourself through our contact page and we will send you information about our membership process. It is necessary for us to operate privately and to vette our members in order to avoid disruption from the less enlightened.
    http://cannibalclub.org/faq.html

And if you aren't sick enough yet, how about their menu?

Quote Collaborating with visiting cooks from around the world,
    Chef de Cuisine Sophie Laffite regularly updates our menu with new and daring culinary experiments. The meat we serve is selected from the young and healthy. Consistent with the practice of cannibalism in many primitive societies, we view anthropophagy as homage to the dead, who are reborn into the bodies of their consumers. Each dish, therefore, is a study in taste and elegance.

This week’s menu includes:

Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce

A delicious meat sauce made from fresh heirloom tomatoes, served over multigrain penne noodles.

Sirloin Steak

A flame-broiled 8oz sirloin steak seasoned with fresh garlic, sautéed onions, and our in-house Worcestershire sauce.

Liver and Mushroom Pirozhi

A Russian version of pierogies, baked rather than boiled, with a savory filling of wild mushrooms and liver.

Placenta Lasagna

An otherwise traditional lasagna with one layer of cheese substituted by minced placenta in heirloom tomato sauce, seasoned with garlic, onion and oregano.

Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies

A delectable pot pie in a genuine puff pastry crust with locally-grown vegetables and tender strips of meat.
    http://cannibalclub.org/cuisine.html

Since they don't state directly where they are located, I was going to make 3 guesses: Los Angeles, New York, or Washington DC.

I looked on their staff page and learned that, sure enough, my first guess was correct: they are based in Los Angeles, California.

What in the actual hell is wrong with that state?

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: (HOAX) Cannibal Club: A private club where you can try human meat

I do believe this is a hoax. Not that cannibalism doesn't exist but in this case, the lineup of people connected to the site appear to be fictitious, I cannot find them anywhere on the web and all photos are stock images, another clue I found on this site

Quote Re: Cannibal Club - Hoax?
    Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:18 am
    Created in 2008, named after a London dining group, and as noted above, populated almost entirely by stock photos and fake names.

meta name="Keywords" content="cannibalism, anthropophagy, experimental cuisine, human flesh"

"Founder" Elspeth Blake also runs a WordPress blog: "The People's Advocacy for a Refined Appetite," which name-checks Hannibal L. with a headshot of Anthony Hopkins.

The People’s Advocacy for a Refined Appetite was founded on the belief of an enhanced diet based around luxury and rarity. We at P.A.R.A. capitalize on the dangers and overall disgusting nature of the fast food industry that grips America in a large, gluttonous hand while other countries and specifically people are starving.We aim to solve both starvation and overpopulation in one fail swoop, offering still the luxury of fine dining.

Direct all questions/comments/concerns to one of our following members:
    sistersucculence@peoplesadvocacyrefinedappetite.org
    brothersavory@peoplesadvocacyrefinedappetite.org
    drsirloin@peoplesadvocacyrefinedappetite.org

Only one person appears to be real .. that is Diamanda Galás in video above. Probably all set up by a creative brand director and publicist.

From the same post:

[QUOTE]Galás was a premed and then biochemistry student at Revelle College at UCSD. Though she became involved in the neurochemistry department at the UCSD medical school, she became aware during this time that what she really wanted to do was to use herself as a guinea pig.[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“That was not an unpopular concept in the ’70s,” she says, “and so that is what I did. This led to a complete destruction of my previous ideals and put me in the perfect place for vocal research later, although at the time I was exposed to Pasolini, Lilly, B.F. Skinner, Janov, Nietzsche and so on. But I had the uncomfortable feeling that I had no idea how to combine research with music-making until the vocal experimentation work was begun six years later.”[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Galás remained brutally outspoken, calculatingly callous. In 1991’s influential Re/Search: Angry Women anthology of interviews, she ripped a few memorable zingers: “I believe childbirth is obscene. I consider it very alien…The myth I always aspired to was that of Artemis or Diana, the goddess of the hunt. She was a warrior and a fighter who had nothing to do with procreation”; “You’re either part of the Resistance or you’re a collaborator” [on AIDS activism]; “I pity weak men: They should be dragged out into the middle of the street, beaten, humiliated, degraded and sodomized by my friends and me just for sport. I love seeing weak men cry — my heart races.”[QUOTE]
    Last edited by Debra; 18th February 2017 at 08:40.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), Chester (19th February 2017), Ewan (18th February 2017), Jean-Marie (19th February 2017), Kryztian (18th February 2017), NancyV (19th February 2017)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

You know what, I searched Voat for it and they already researched this, and sure enough, you're absolutely right. It's a hoax using stock images for staff and fake names, apparently as a publicity stunt for some book release. My bad!

Mods, this one belongs in the hoax forum. Thank God!
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 18th February 2017 at 09:28.

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member seleka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 times in 295 posts

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1722177 maybe that website is fake or maybe it is a fake dummy site on purpose.... the research of george webb led many to conclusions about the restaurants with years plus waiting lists as possible sites of these occurrences.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html chefs create human tasting meat!

Combine this with the new Barrymore vehicle that casts her as a cannibal.... weird place we are in eh?
    Last edited by seleka; 18th February 2017 at 13:57. Reason: added more

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seleka For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), Chester (19th February 2017), NancyV (19th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Yes, I have been hearing about restaurants in DC and elsewhere serving human meat too. I've also heard for years that one of the ways they dispose bodies is by sending them through meat processing plants in Chicago similar to what was described in Upton Sinclair's The Jungle so many years ago. The people who own all the big meat packing companies are elitists too. And James Alefantis himself apparently owns a pig farm (and the mob is also known to feed people they kill to hogs). That's why probably one reason why I took the web page in the OP seriously.

8. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Opinion (and an operational protocol I apply in my life)

What we each have to be responsible for... is in deciding for ourselves what may be true, what may not be and...

...when we cannot know definitively, we might best be served by deciding (and being open minded to changing) what degree of "belief" we might apply to each and every bit of information we come across...

I developed this protocol after my experience with Shane, the Ruiner... perhaps one of the best learning experiences I ever had. Most folks probably operate this way... it took me 57 years to finally "get it."

Since October of 2015, timed with being invited (under probation) back to the Project Avalon forum I have maintained this protocol well and my life has improved dramatically.
    Last edited by Chester; 19th February 2017 at 15:28.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Jean-Marie (19th February 2017), NancyV (19th February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread