+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Melania says the Lord's Prayer the way we remember it!

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member seleka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 times in 295 posts

Default Melania says the Lord's Prayer the way we remember it!

I just saw this! I am not sure why she seems so strained, like she is having trouble doing this for some reason? I am thrilled at what this could mean. To me it seems it is a message about the mandela effect. This is the Lord's Prayer- pre mandela effect! They know! I really am wondering more and more if Trump has some inside knowledge. I posted yesterday that his uncle, John G Trump, was the man to clean up Tesla's belongings. I am just so excited I have to share this!
    http://ussanews.com/News1/2017/02/19...-lords-prayer/

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to seleka For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), Cidersomerset (20th February 2017), gigha (20th February 2017), looking-glass (19th February 2017), NancyV (20th February 2017), poetbil (20th February 2017), pyrangello (20th February 2017), raregem (19th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), Sequoia (21st February 2017), viking (21st February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 times in 222 posts

Default Re: Melania says the Lord's Prayer the way we remember it!

I grew up in church, and I always recited "forgive us our 'debts' ...", but I also am aware of "trespasses".
    I always thought it was just from a different bible version.

I am aware of the mandela effect on the lion becoming a wolf in Isaiah. Also the whole pouring new wine into "bottles" instead of wine skin. But I do not see a change in the Lord's prayer.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), looking-glass (19th February 2017), peggy englebrake (20th February 2017), pyrangello (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by skyflower (here)
    I grew up in church, and I always recited "forgive us our 'debts' ...", but I also am aware of "trespasses".

I am aware of the mandela effect on the lion becoming a wolf in Isaiah. Also the whole pouring new wine into "bottles" instead of wine skin. But I do not see a change in the Lord's prayer.
    Hello Skyflower,

thought pinged into my head (and I was meaning to find it on another thread but got distracted)..

I searched some old PDFs of bible versions and found this in 'Youngs Literal Translation':

Matthew chapter 9,

17 `Nor do they put new wine into
    old skins, and if not -- the skins burst, and the wine doth run out, and the
    skins are destroyed, but they put new wine into new skins, and both are
    preserved together.`

Sorry, the whole topic is fascinating, but don't want to divert my head ATM as researching something else, however wanted to record it more for a selfish reason to aid my failing memory and search skills/ resources.
    Emotions are transient, compassion is eternal.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looking-glass For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), skyflower (19th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

I also grew up in church. My mother and great grandmother taught sunday school. We memorized verses a lot. The world was a different world. If you are unfamiliar with the mandela effect read about it. Things have canged, same exact copy of the book, different words.

The KJV version (official) read Our Father Who Art in Heaven.... now the exact same copy of a bible, I am not talking about translations or editing.... it gets frustrating to explain this. My bible had different words in it than it does now and I am not crazy lol. It also said forgive us our tresspasses. There are and were other translations that said debtors, the methodist church I attended at 10 used it that way, but the tresspasses and who not which is the verse I grew up with. And Trump knows.... I didn't vote for him, but I am rooting for humanity

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seleka For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), pyrangello (20th February 2017), skyflower (19th February 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,870 times in 3,325 posts

The "for the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours, now and forever" part is not in the catholic version - maybe it is now

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (20th February 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by looking-glass (here)
    Hello Skyflower,

thought pinged into my head (and I was meaning to find it on another thread but got distracted)..

I searched some old PDFs of bible versions and found this in 'Youngs Literal Translation':

Matthew chapter 9,

preserved together.`

Sorry, the whole topic is fascinating, but don't want to divert my head ATM as researching something else, however wanted to record it more for a selfish reason to aid my failing memory and search skills/ resources.
    It doesn't matter researching.... the mandela effect changes written, digital, lots of records for those of us not of this place. The only research that exists to support us is in residuals, the hand written things, the embroidery of quotes, pictures etc.... although those change too. sometimes, some of them do not. Many instances of the lion and the lamb were found this way, yet every 'bible' 'translation' has wolf now... and we all know the wolf is the devil most of the time- so weird.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to seleka For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,749 times in 8,858 posts

I have yet to see the mandela effect in French. Or in French culture. In our bible forexample it has always been the wolf and the lamb as far as I remember. And guess what: it is presumed to be the same bible as the English versioni brought that cultural point in an earlier post on the mandela thread asking non anglosaxon to bring examples from their language or culture, nobody responded. To me, up to now, this is an anglosaxon problem.

Quote Posted by seleka (here)
    Quote Posted by looking-glass (here)
    Hello Skyflower,

Matthew chapter 9,

preserved together.`

It doesn't matter researching.... the mandela effect changes written, digital, lots of records for those of us not of this place. The only research that exists to support us is in residuals, the hand written things, the embroidery of quotes, pictures etc.... although those change too. sometimes, some of them do not. Many instances of the lion and the lamb were found this way, yet every 'bible' 'translation' has wolf now... and we all know the wolf is the devil most of the time- so weird.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), BongoBob (20th February 2017), Hervé (20th February 2017), kirolak (21st February 2017), looking-glass (24th February 2017), Omni (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (20th February 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

If it has always been wolf and the lamb for you or bottles, stuff, couch, matrix or that jesus said to bring people before him and slay them, then you have not 'switched realities' is about the only way it can be said that I know of. For many of us those words were different before.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to seleka For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Wrong. In fact completely wrong. I do remember stuff in English or in the English speaking world that seem to have switch but it seems that it ain't happening in the French speaking world. Isn't that odd? This is why I asked avalonians from other languages to report mandela effect in their language. Question: is the mandela effect targetting only a large sub group of humans, namely the anglo saxons?

My question is valid - and its response may lead us to a different path than what we presume at the moment.

By the way i have been raised hard core catholic and certainly remember as well as you do what I read as a kid

If it has always been wolf and the lamb for you or bottles, stuff, couch, matrix or that jesus said to bring people before him and slay them, then you have not 'switched realities' is about the only way it can be said that I know of. For many of us those words were different before.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), Ol' Roy (20th February 2017), Omni (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 111,369 times in 12,886 posts

Maybe it depends on your religion?

It seems the religious theme has come back around for me. I posted something yesterday on being raised Catholic and attended a Catholic Academy. We recited 'The Lord’s Prayer' daily beginning in the mid-1950's. When I saw the title of this thread, I wrote out first so I wouldn’t be influenced.

Not more than an hour prior, I happened upon a chart with the Lord’s Prayer at the back of the book I’m re-reading, “Discovering the Enneagram: An Ancient Tool for a New Spiritual Tool for a New Spiritual Journey,” by: Richard Rohr and Andreas Ebert, 1996. The Enneagram book matches my recollection and is the same as the video.

Whereas, it’s different in my hard copy and Kindle edition from Gregg Baden. Though they are similar in his, “The Spontaneous Healing of Belief,” pages 200-201, 2008 edition.

Our Father
    Who art in heaven
    Hallowed be thy name
    Thy kingdom come
    Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
    Give us this day our daily bread
    And forgive us our trespass as we forgive those who trespass against us
    And with lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the kingdom, the power, the glory forever and ever
    Amen.

Gregg Braden’s version:

Our Father who art in heaven,
    Hallowed be thy name.
    Thy kingdom come,
    Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread,
    And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
    Amen.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 19th February 2017 at 22:50.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), EFO (20th February 2017), Flash (19th February 2017), gigha (20th February 2017), pyrangello (20th February 2017), skyflower (19th February 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Sammy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,287 times in 4,843 posts

Look at all the versions of the Bible. For Example, I remember when "The Good News" version came out... The Lord's Prayer has experienced the same thing. Its not the Mandela effect... its people using the version theu like the best.

see here -

Quote Other English translations are also used.

Though Matthew 6:12 uses the term debts, the older English versions of the Lord's Prayer uses the term trespasses, while ecumenical versions often use the term sins. The latter choice may be due to Luke 11:4, which uses the word sins, while the former may be due to Matthew 6:14 (immediately after the text of the prayer), where Jesus speaks of trespasses.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), Flash (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (19th February 2017), skyflower (19th February 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Catholic and Eastern othordox Churches say "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" Most Protestant Churches say " forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desire For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), Flash (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (20th February 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I will just have to say for some reason it seems people are not understanding this effect. There are many of us experiencing this and its not a matter of translation. It could be that the 'temporal anomaly' or what ever did this was 'located' or 'enacted' on just North America, yes. If this were true then the French versions would match what the American versions now say, which is different than what so many of us remember. No one is in any way questioning ones memory that is from this 'timeline' or 'earth'. One could not have a memory that is different than what was taught, and if it was that way always, that is what was learned. But it was different where we were. Many of the people seem to be on YT since the videos are there. I am surprised at the low number in forums and boards that are willing to talk about it. Its just too darn trippy. But added up, for us that came from elsewhere, these changes cannot be ignored.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seleka For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), conk (21st February 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

you are the one not understanding what I am writing, and maybe what others are writing too. «please, reread my posts. For gosh sake, now we are at translation interpretation!!

If you want absolutely have the whole planet on mandela effect and never wonder about potential intricacies, I will not fight it with you, but it seems ridiculous to me not to want to explore it further, this is already fringe, why not look further.

So lets the whole planet on mandela effect, and this is it. Thanks for showing your open mindedness as you have! (sarcasm)

For your information, I am French but from North America, I live with both cultures, and it is not a matter of translation, it is a matter of absence of mandela effect in other cultures (not necessarily in other places)

How many languages do you speak? Where have you lived in your life? If the answer is one language and I always lived in the USA, then you cannot know what others are seeing or living in other places and other languages. So, why don't you plainly listen and explore what they are talking about?

<
    I will just have to say for some reason it seems people are not understanding this effect. There are many of us experiencing this and its not a matter of translation. It could be that the 'temporal anomaly' or what ever did this was 'located' or 'enacted' on just North America, yes. If this were true then the French versions would match what the American versions now say, which is different than what so many of us remember. No one is in any way questioning ones memory that is from this 'timeline' or 'earth'. One could not have a memory that is different than what was taught, and if it was that way always, that is what was learned. But it was different where we were. Many of the people seem to be on YT since the videos are there. I am surprised at the low number in forums and boards that are willing to talk about it. Its just too darn trippy. But added up, for us that came from elsewhere, these changes cannot be ignored.
    Last edited by Flash; 20th February 2017 at 02:59.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), Desire (20th February 2017), Franny (21st February 2017), gigha (20th February 2017), Omni (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (20th February 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I am surprised at the low number in forums and boards that are willing to talk about it. Its just too darn trippy. But added up, for us that came from elsewhere, these changes cannot be ignored.
    Note: I understand that your post is about other forums (and boards). I decided to stop @ page 8 of 31 on the Avalon search engine.
    1. The Mandela Effect. Is this CERN? Project Pegasus? The Montauk Project? The Philadelphia Experiment?
    2. Timeline shifts
    3. The Mandela Effect Poll
    4. Clif High: How the Mandela Effect may be caused by quantum computing affecting consciousness fields
    5. People Claim To Have Seen A 90s Movie By Sinbad Called “Shazaam” But It Never Existed!?!?
    6. Research paper on The Mandela Effect: strong statistical evidence
    7. Julianne Moore "The Forgotten" The Mandela effect.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th February 2017), BMJ (20th February 2017), Flash (20th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017), Franny (20th February 2017), Patient (20th February 2017), skyflower (21st February 2017)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,271 times in 905 posts

When I was growing up I attended several protestant and catholic churches. I am familiar with ALL the versions of this prayer mentioned above.

It depended on the church; each had the version they favored. I don't remember which had trespasses or which had debts but one used debts and the other used trespasses. The same for the last line.

I understand the Mandela effect but I don't think this is it unless someone wants to claim some can remember several versions of reality. But in this case I think it's a matter of catholic and protestant usage.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), Desire (20th February 2017), Omni (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (20th February 2017), skyflower (21st February 2017)

33. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,775 times in 428 posts

Quote Posted by latte (here)
    When I was growing up I attended several protestant and catholic churches. I am familiar with ALL the versions of this prayer mentioned above.

It depended on the church; each had the version they favored. I don't remember which had trespasses or which had debts but one used debts and the other used trespasses. The same for the last line.

I understand the Mandela effect but I don't think this is it unless someone wants to claim some can remember several versions of reality. But in this case I think it's a matter of catholic and protestant usage.
    There are many people that have said that the text in "their" bible that they own has changed. Their own bible that they have owned for years - regardless of type of religion.

I think that the conversation in this thread also shows the difficulty in trying to figure out the effects of the Mandela effect as there obviously are different people that recall different things. (And of course that is the point lol.) The Mandela effect is really an amazing thing in itself. There are so many questions yet to be discussed regarding it - this is a topic that will require patience. (Lol - sorry, couldn't resist!)

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), EFO (20th February 2017), Franny (21st February 2017), RunningDeer (20th February 2017), skyflower (21st February 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,908 times in 919 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Maybe it depends on your religion?

It seems the religious theme has come back around for me. I posted something yesterday on being raised Catholic and attended a Catholic Academy. We recited 'The Lord’s Prayer' daily beginning in the mid-1950's. When I saw the title of this thread, I wrote out first so I wouldn’t be influenced.

Not more than an hour prior, I happened upon a chart with the Lord’s Prayer at the back of the book I’m re-reading, “Discovering the Enneagram: An Ancient Tool for a New Spiritual Tool for a New Spiritual Journey,” by: Richard Rohr and Andreas Ebert, 1996. The Enneagram book matches my recollection and is the same as the video.

Whereas, it’s different in my hard copy and Kindle edition from Gregg Baden. Though they are similar in his, “The Spontaneous Healing of Belief,” pages 200-201, 2008 edition.

Our Father
    Who art in heaven
    Hallowed be thy name
    Thy kingdom come
    Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
    Give us this day our daily bread
    And forgive us our trespass as we forgive those who trespass against us
    And with lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the kingdom, the power, the glory forever and ever
    Amen.

Gregg Braden’s version:

Our Father who art in heaven,
    Hallowed be thy name.
    Thy kingdom come,
    Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread,
    And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
    Amen.

More versions on the left side of the page there's a tab with other versions:
    The Lord's Prayer
    Abwoon d'bashmaya
    Netqaddash shmak
    Teete malkutah
    Nehvwey tzevyannach aykanna d'bashmaya aph b'arha
    Havlan lahma d'sunqananan yaomana
    Washbwoqlan haubvayn aykana daph hnan shbvoqan l'hayyabayn

Wela tahlan le'ynesyuna. Ela patzan min bisha
    Metul dilakhe malkuta wahayla wateshbuhta l'ahlam almin
    Amen

The Lord's Prayer in Aramaic

The Original Our Father in Jewish Aramaic

and one more thing - perhaps will help:
    Banned From The Bible | The Stories That Were Deleted From Biblical History
    (Adam and Eva,Enoch,Peter,Nicodemus,Jesus's childhood and others- interesting 1:23 hrs documentary)

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

BMJ (20th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017), Franny (21st February 2017), pyrangello (20th February 2017), RunningDeer (20th February 2017)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EFO (here)
    More versions on the left side of the page there's a tab with other versions:
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I am French but from North America, I live with both cultures, and it is not a matter of translation, it is a matter of absence of mandela effect in other cultures (not necessarily in other places)
    That solves that. Good find EFO. Quite a few versions and in different languages on that site.

French version for Flash.

The Lord's Prayer
    (French - "Notre Père")

Notre Père, qui es aux cieux,
    Que ton nom soit sanctifié,
    Que ton règne vienne,
    Que ta volonté soit faite sur la terre comme au ciel.
    Donne-nous aujourd'hui notre pain de ce jour.
    Pardonne-nous nos offences
    Comme nous pardonnons aussi à ceux qui nous ont offensés.
    Et ne nous soumets pas à la tentation,
    mais délivre-nous du mal,
    car c'est à toi qu'appartiennent le règne,
    la puissance et la gloire, aux siècles des siècles.
    Amen.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

BMJ (21st February 2017), Desire (20th February 2017), EFO (20th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017), Franny (21st February 2017)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ditto to what I said Latte. This one is just translation not Mandela effect.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Desire For This Post:

BMJ (21st February 2017), Franny (21st February 2017), RunningDeer (20th February 2017), skyflower (21st February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast