+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top 40 Fakeries in the modern world.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Default Top 40 Fakeries in the modern world.

This is a classic of fakery in the modern world. Priceless.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2015/08/1...-in-our-world/

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th February 2017), drneglector (20th February 2017), enigma3 (13th August 2017), Griff (20th February 2017), Heavy Duty (19th February 2017), Hervé (20th February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th February 2017), Noelle (19th February 2017), Pam (20th February 2017), uzn (20th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,429 times in 32,920 posts

Default Re: Top 40 Fakeries in the modern world.

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)

A good list — apart from at the very end, where the author (Makia Freeman) sneaks in a bit of mindless Flat-Earth promotion. A giveaway clue to her ability to always make good judgments.

I would have included Fake Beauty and/or Fake Aesthetics, as per Paul Joseph Watson's inspired short video here:

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

enigma3 (13th August 2017), Franro (26th February 2017), Hervé (20th February 2017), Justplain (20th February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th February 2017), mgray (21st February 2017), Noelle (20th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

In response to #6, Fake Scientific Research: For a graduate-level ethics in communication class, I wrote a paper on the problem of ghost-written medical journal articles. A pharmaceutical company hires a contract medical writer to write the paper and an expert-academic puts his/her name on it without contributing anything significant to it (honorary authorship). Despite companies such as Merck getting in trouble for this practice (of course, only after people suffered or, in many cases, died) and very clear professional codes of ethics, it continues to be an issue.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

7alon (20th February 2017), Bill Ryan (20th February 2017), enigma3 (13th August 2017), Ewan (20th February 2017), fourty-two (20th February 2017), Hervé (20th February 2017), Justplain (20th February 2017), Pam (20th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    In response to #6, Fake Scientific Research: For a graduate-level ethics in communication class, I wrote a paper on the problem of ghost-written medical journal articles. A pharmaceutical company hires a contract medical writer to write the paper and an expert-academic puts his/her name on it without contributing anything significant to it (honorary authorship). Despite companies such as Merck getting in trouble for this practice (of course, only after people suffered or, in many cases, died) and very clear professional codes of ethics, it continues to be an issue.
    Hi LadyM, this is a facet of the msm that makes my blood boil. I remember reading an article masquarading as research promoting the benefits of statins (a class of drugs used for bloodpressure issues that has a long list of harmful side effects such as causing diabetes, cataracts and dementia) for non bloodpressure purposes. When you scrolled through the whole article, which was partially paid for by the canadian government for i dont know what reason, to find no mention of statins' famous negative side effects, and to discover in the last sentence that the research/article was funded by a swedish pharma company. No possible chance this article/fake research was objective. Now that's fake journalism for you!
    Last edited by Justplain; 20th February 2017 at 03:47.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Ewan (20th February 2017), JRS (20th February 2017), Noelle (20th February 2017), Olaf (20th February 2017), Pam (20th February 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    Hi LadyM, this is a facet of the msm that makes my blood boil. I remember reading an article masquarading as research promoting the benefits of statins (a class of drugs used for bloodpressure issues that has a long list of harmful side effects such as causing diabetes, cataracts and dementia) for non bloodpressure purposes. When you scrolled through the whole article, which was partially paid for by the canadian government for i dont know what reason, to find no mention of statins' famous negative side effects, and to discover in the last sentence that the research/article was funded by a swedish pharma company. No possible chance this article/fake research was objective. Now that's fake journalism for you!
    What's so crazy about the pharm-sponsored journal articles is that so many patients are in the dark; they don't question their doctors, who learn about drugs/treatments from these journals. I never would have known if I had not written the paper on it. When pharms get caught and make the news, how often is it "breaking" or "front page" news?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017), Franro (26th February 2017), Justplain (20th February 2017), Pam (20th February 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

A good list — apart from at the very end, where the author (Makia Freeman) sneaks in a bit of mindless Flat-Earth promotion. A giveaway clue to her ability to always make good judgments.

I would have included Fake Beauty and/or Fake Aesthetics, as per Paul Joseph Watson's inspired short video here:
    Thanks, Bill, you make a very good addition as Mr. Watson's video is excellent and piercingly inciteful.

Even if Makia slips up on her last post in the top40 fakery list, almost every one of her points is well researched, and i think this is a very good list to work through.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th February 2017), enigma3 (13th August 2017), Noelle (20th February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread