+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone have experience with far infrared devices for healing?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,088 times in 20,639 posts

Default Does anyone have experience with far infrared devices for healing?

I have been getting half hour treatments once a week at my physical therapist's on a Jade Fuzion far infrared mat http://www.universalcompanies.com/By...n-8000-/-220V/
    and it has been helping a lot with chronic pain, tension, etc.
    The most dramatic thing I've noticed is how helpful it is in keeping a positive state of mind.
    It makes it very easy to go into a state of meditation, and the first thing I notice is that the inner chatter is silenced and my mood lifts.
    I think the best mats of this kind is the Biomat http://wcom.biomatlifestyle.com/prod...sional-7000mx/
    But both of those are out of my price range.
    I'm thinking about buying one of these, which is more affordable: http://healthyline.com/product/014a/

I've talked to a few people in my local community on this subject and discovered that there is a masseuse who purchased a Biomat just a few weeks ago. She has fibromyalgia (as do I) and when I spoke to her, she said the benefits so far have been amazing.
    I had a brief session on a Biomat some years ago and it really was amazing--much more powerful than the Jade Fuzion.
    So I am not surprised at her testimonial. She is offering massage to her clients on the Biomat at the rate of $75 per 90 minute session, which is probably a good deal, but for me, still unaffordable.
    I am also thinking about seeing if I can buy a second hand Biomat.
    Dr. Mark Sircus sells Biomats, and he would be the person I would ask.
    And I thought I would try seeing if anyone on the forum has experience or advice. Thanks.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Axman (20th February 2017), Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), Cognitive Dissident (21st February 2017), dynamo (21st February 2017), wondering (20th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Default Re: Does anyone have experience with far infrared devices for healing?

I look into it breifly, was kind of surprise by what it says do, I did a search for Dr Sircus Biomats, here's the link http://medicalbiomats.com/ and the price http://www.bio-mats.com/imva/store/bio-mat, hmm!, a bit costly I might say, maybe it's plenty worthy!

Thanks for sharing this information.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), dynamo (21st February 2017), onawah (20th February 2017), toppy (21st February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Here is a smaller version of a infrared heating pad with jade stones. I have slept on one of these for over three years for neck pain. Love it. I would like a bio mat but it is also out of my price range. This is like two hundred bucks.

https://secure.losethebackpain.com/p...ng-pad-options

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to penn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), dynamo (21st February 2017), onawah (21st February 2017), toppy (21st February 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks Penn. I will check into that. The two year warranty is a year longer than the one I was considering, and that's important.

Quote Posted by penn (here)
    Here is a smaller version of a infrared heating pad with jade stones. I have slept on one of these for over three years for neck pain. Love it. I would like a bio mat but it is also out of my price range. This is like two hundred bucks.

https://secure.losethebackpain.com/p...ng-pad-options
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), dynamo (21st February 2017), penn (21st February 2017), toppy (21st February 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Hi Natalie, Tom made me a very simple near-infra-red sauna that uses three infra red heat lamps. It was very easy to make and I use it nearly everyday. I would say out of ALL the different things I've tried this has given me the best results. I started with just one lamp that I could aim anywhere in the body, but now I use the sauna (it is basically three infra red lamps in any small space). I am part of a FB page that uses the Ron Hubbard detox method...which is apparently very effective ( I haven't committed to the full protocol as there are A LOT of supplements necessary). But apparently according to many there you haveto be very careful with far infra red because of EMFs. Only the very expensive products have low EMFs (this is another reason I went with near infrared as this is not an issue).
    Some good info here: http://drlwilson.com/articles/sauna_therapy.htm

Big hug xx

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), dynamo (21st February 2017), onawah (21st February 2017), toppy (21st February 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/sauna_therapy.htm

In my opinion Dr Wilson offers one of the most advanced health programs in the world - and it works
    http://www.drlwilson.com/
    Last edited by yelik; 21st February 2017 at 15:45.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), dynamo (21st February 2017), onawah (21st February 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks Christy. I have read up on the mats, though not on the saunas, as space is an issue for me in my small apartment, and I have had such good relaxing meditations on the Jade Fuzion mat. (They are also easily portable) The better mats also provide lots of negative ions due to the jade, tourmaline and/or amethyst stones, and the $400 one I am looking at blocks EMFs, which is certainly an issue for me as well. I'm not so much looking for detoxification as pain relief from tendinitis, old joint and bone damage from a car accident. I have had infrared saunas before too, and they are also nice, but the mats are a different kind of experience.

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    Hi Natalie, Tom made me a very simple near-infra-red sauna that uses three infra red heat lamps. It was very easy to make and I use it nearly everyday. I would say out of ALL the different things I've tried this has given me the best results. I started with just one lamp that I could aim anywhere in the body, but now I use the sauna (it is basically three infra red lamps in any small space). I am part of a FB page that uses the Ron Hubbard detox method...which is apparently very effective ( I haven't committed to the full protocol as there are A LOT of supplements necessary). But apparently according to many there you haveto be very careful with far infra red because of EMFs. Only the very expensive products have low EMFs (this is another reason I went with near infrared as this is not an issue).
    Some good info here: http://drlwilson.com/articles/sauna_therapy.htm

Big hug xx
    Last edited by onawah; 21st February 2017 at 16:10.
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

I've had this sauna for about 5 years. We use it to detox or simply to sit in after a hard day in the yard or working out. If you take a good dose of niacin before sweating it out, the toxins come out more easily. The far infrared is very good for joint issues and a host of other ailments. It's my favorite health tool, aside from great nutrition.

The bio mats are wonderful. The energy healer I visit has one with far infrared and the amethyst mat. She had me lie on it when I was suffering immensely with a swollen prostate. I almost cried after 25 minutes use and was able to urinate after two days of not being able to. They work!
    Last edited by conk; 21st February 2017 at 19:32.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), dynamo (21st February 2017), onawah (21st February 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

I have been very happy with my results from an "Infrared & Red Light Therapy for Arthritis Joint Pain Relief Device" which I bought on Amazon.

I had one treatment for my knee at my husband's chiropractor, and it seemed to help tremendously, as my pain had vanished by the next morning. (The chiropractor offered me a free treatment, when my husband asked him about knee relief for his wife.) Frankly, I was surprised at the beneficial result. I had never before even been to a chiropractor.

But anyway, rather than pay for continued treatments, let alone the time getting there for appts., I checked Amazon and found a knee wrap device with high star ratings that was not terribly expensive, and it really has seemed to help. My knee has not acted up at all for months now! (although I take some supplements for joints, too.)

I also found a book which I was able to download that is very informative about red light/infrared therapy. I read the book first, and that clinched it for me as to buying the device. The book is "The Ultimate Guide To Red Light Therapy" by Ari Whitten, which includes many scientific studies.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), DeeMetrios (11th October 2020), onawah (3rd October 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 144 posts

Thermotex makes a Far Infrared Heating pad that I have used for years.
    It heats 3cc deep... The Platinum version allows it to wrap around limbs.

Does wonders to limber me up.. I keep it in my office chair.

PT told me the way to use it is..
    35 Minutes to warm the body
    35 minutes to cool off the area..
    The apply ice packs for 35 minutes..
    The body increases blood flow to the areas with a difference in temperature.

I highly recommend taking Systemic Enzymes for joints..
    Vitalzym is my favorite in high doses.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread