+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are we allowed to discuss Flat Earth Yet.....?

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Are we allowed to discuss Flat Earth Yet.....?

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    Have you flat earthers ever pondered what happens when you come to the "edge" of he "flat earth"? Will you just fall over it (Well gravity will still exist of course, so no) or will you turn the edge and make your way back again on the other side. And how "thick" is the layer
    Yes they have (sort-of) an explanation for that as well - Antarctica, to them, is a ring of vast impenetrable icy wasteland that surrounds the entire flat earth - the "edge" is on the other side of this icy wasteland ring and no one can get to the edge because "Antarctica is off limits" by our government, in turn hiding the edge of the flat earth from any explorers who want to find it; Apparently, the government will always find you and send you back before you get to the edge. Not my words, just explaining it ... I studied flat Earth for a bit, did plenty of research, which is what give me my confidence in denying it.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st February 2017), drneglector (22nd February 2017), Mike (21st February 2017), TargeT (21st February 2017), transiten (21st February 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member seleka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 times in 295 posts

I dont want to read this thread right now but to the OP yes I want to discuss FE stuff, if we have to do it in hoaxes, then so be it. I will read later. TY

From Bill: there are several 'Flat Earth' threads already, and they're simple to search for and find. You can inform yourself about the science there — if you want to! — but there's nothing to 'discuss'. If you want to promote the idea, then please do that elsewhere on the internet. THX.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 21st February 2017 at 16:58.

4. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    Have you flat earthers ever pondered what happens when you come to the "edge" of he "flat earth"? Will you just fall over it (Well gravity will still exist of course, so no) or will you turn the edge and make your way back again on the other side. And how "thick" is the layer
    Yes they have (sort-of) an explanation for that as well - Antarctica, to them, is a ring of vast impenetrable icy wasteland that surrounds the entire flat earth - the "edge" is on the other side of this icy wasteland ring and no one can get to the edge because "Antarctica is off limits" by our government, in turn hiding the edge of the flat earth from any explorers who want to find it; Apparently, the government will always find you and send you back before you get to the edge. Not my words, just explaining it ... I studied flat Earth for a bit, did plenty of research, which is what give me my confidence in denying it.
    Here I am, thinking trump's border wall was a silly waste of resources, but the government's been patrolling the icy-antarctic wall this whole time, saving people from falling off the edge of our of existence.

I'd suggest we get a charter jet rented and do a group expedition to Antarctica, even if it is just to find some of these purported ancient city/structures or meet with the russian patriarch and his devout penguins- and hey, we could find the frostbitten edge of the world (or not), but it may just get discounted as more gubb'ment propaganda.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BongoBob For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st February 2017), Mike (21st February 2017), transiten (22nd February 2017)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,638 times in 18,693 posts

Quote Posted by transiten (here) Have you flat earthers ever pondered what
    happens when you come to the "edge" of he "flat earth"? Will you just fall over it
    (Well gravity will still exist of course, so no) or will you turn the edge and make
    your way back again on the other side. And how "thick" is the layer
    Yes they have (sort-of) an explanation for that as well - Antarctica, to them, is a
    ring of vast impenetrable icy wasteland that surrounds the entire flat earth -
    the "edge" is on the other side of this icy wasteland ring and no one can get to the
    edge because "Antarctica is off limits" by our government, in turn hiding the edge
    of the flat earth from any explorers who want to find it; Apparently, the
    government will always find you and send you back before you get to the edge. Not
    my words, just explaining it ... I studied flat Earth for a bit, did plenty of research,
    which is what give me my confidence in denying it.
    I do like out of the box thinking and did wonder how they explained not falling off
    the edge, but this would mean everything was wrong including our lying
    eyes....LOL. But there are other theories that are not mainstream ......

I did wonder how the holographic universe ties into this ? I have watched many
    vids and my brain hurts....LOL...The compilation vid below has a brief quote with
    David Wilcock sitting with Bill and Kerry 5m,25secs in....
    Scientists Confirm That Reality is an Illusion Our 3D Universe Is A Hologram
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAo5uLCPio
    Is The Universe A Hologram? ( Good little vid)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNgIl-qIklU

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 21st February 2017 at 17:34.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st February 2017), drneglector (22nd February 2017), transiten (22nd February 2017)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    I do like out of the box thinking and did wonder how they explained not falling off the edge, but this would mean everything was wrong including our lying eyes....LOL. But there are other theories that are not mainstream ......

I did wonder how the holographic universe ties into this ? I have watched many
    vids and my brain hurts....LOL...The compilation vid below has a brief quote with
    David Wilcock sitting with Bill and Kerry 5m,25secs in....
    Scientists Confirm That Reality is an Illusion Our 3D Universe Is A Hologram
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAo5uLCPio
    Is The Universe A Hologram?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNgIl-qIklU

THIS is what I am thinking of the whole FE thing too cidersomerset. I think it is tied into the holographic universe. I have wondered since it only recently happened to be so prevalent if it is tied to whatever caused the mandela effect. Like somehow the playing field rules changed. Hard to put into words. I have a mountain of breakfast dishes to wash and chores all day but hope to read this thread later.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Quote Posted by solos (here)
    Oh well,that only took 35 minutes and thread gets binned.
    It took nearly seven years for you to make only your second forum post, on the same non-subject. Maybe try again in 2024?

Meanwhile, you might like to join in on some of the other stuff.
    perhaps the poster was slow to join in if what they are posting about is ridiculed. It looks like the OP left. I can't message or friend them.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 21st February 2017 at 17:24. Reason: fixed quote formatting

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,210 times in 32,905 posts

Quote Posted by seleka (here)
    It looks like the OP left. I can't message or friend them.
    Yes, he was unsubscribed. See this post.

seleka, please invest the time and trouble to read what's already on the forum before adding more, which may be redundant — or just plain incorrect. That applies to quite a few topics which you may be sincerely interested in.

The time taken in reading ALL of the relevant existing threads (including this one!) may be well worth while. The members here are informed, articulate, and pretty bright, and there's an opportunity here to learn from many of them... an additional resource to the opportunity of sharing your own ideas and concerns.
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 27th February 2017 at 18:50.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (21st February 2017), Chester (21st February 2017)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,638 times in 18,693 posts

Quote THIS is what I am thinking of the whole FE thing too cidersomerset.
    I think it is tied into the holographic universe.
    Like Prof Susskind said at the end of the Is The Universe A Hologram? vid
    its pointless to predict what physics will be like in a 100 years as he would
    be wrong. I posted a article a few weeks ago on this topic. It does not go
    into FE........

The universe could be a 'vast and complex hologram', scientists say
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...scientists-say

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

seleka (21st February 2017)

13. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

Thanks for staying open a bit.

This topic is ridiculous, as most of us would agree, I think.

Yet, Solos and others seem to be honestly stuck on it. I do not believe Solos is a plant or troll. It seems to be an obvious cognitive dysfunction brought about by inadequate scientific literacy, where circles and spheres can be confused because both are fundamentally round. There is no way to rationally explain the reason why it is a ludicrous idea short of tutoring a willing student on an extensive curriculum that would necessarily include numerous tangents and otherwise unrelated data sets. I've done this with others. It can take years

Some things, like Bill said, you just have to learn on your own. This is a great forum with volumes of information on every topic you need to understand.

Like Araucaria said, let's see how you do in ten years...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (27th February 2017), HaveBlue (23rd February 2017), Mike (21st February 2017), TargeT (21st February 2017)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    It looks like the OP left. I can't message or friend them.
    Yes, he was unsubscribed. See this post.

seleka, lease invest the time and trouble to read what's already on the forum before adding more, which may be redundant — or just plain incorrect. That applies to quite a few topics which you may be sincerely interested in.

The time taken in reading ALL of the relevant existing threads (including this one!) may be well worth while. The members here are informed, articulate, and pretty bright, and there's an opportunity here to learn from many of them... an additional resource to the opportunity of sharing your own ideas and concerns.
    I just looked at the first few responses again to make sure I was not overreaching with my assertion that the OP may have felt 'attacked'. There appears to be contempt for anyone discussing FE here. Most of the responses have insulting and argumentative language in them. This thread was put into hoaxes also. I came here to Avalon for numerous reasons and FE was one of them but like you said there are many other places to discuss that.. I will read every thread I can find in here that I have not already I am sure.

Of course I was unaware of the lack of connect or content from the OP. I probably have miles and miles

I appreciate the response about the holographic universe because I think that is where the answer is.

16. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,142 times in 8,307 posts

If it's a holographic AI/etc universe, it's still pointless arguing that the holographic world we live in/on is a flat holographic world.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st February 2017), drneglector (22nd February 2017), PurpleLama (21st February 2017)

18. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,358 times in 436 posts

Agreed, Ernie

This is a great forum with volumes of information on every topic you need to understand.
    I have certainly learned to exercise my left brain hemisphere (a little more) thanks to this forum.
    I suppose one could conclude from the video that the only deception is: pigs as astronauts and yip yappers with weird mouths and synthetic fur...?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (22nd February 2017)

20. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,210 times in 32,905 posts

There appears to be contempt for anyone discussing FE here.
    With one or two exceptions, I think 'contempt' is just a little strong.

This may be more accurate:
    • Impatience;
    • Challenged to understand someone's apparent unwillingness or inability to do good research and collect and analyze information;
    • Exasperation when the same questions are asked over and over again without searching (or knowing how to search) to read the responses that are already here;
    • Awareness that this is a psy-op (it is: see here and here) — and that this very topic intentionally or otherwise discredits the very high quality of forum discussion on many topics way more important than this.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (21st February 2017), Dennis Leahy (27th February 2017), Ernie Nemeth (22nd February 2017), Franny (21st February 2017), HaveBlue (23rd February 2017), Mike (21st February 2017), Nick Matkin (22nd February 2017), PurpleLama (21st February 2017)

22. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,469 times in 5,705 posts

When I think of FE'ers, I often get the impression of being at the end of a conveyor belt and being buried by a relentless onslaught of apples or something. They seem to be coming fast n furious now, and as exhausting as it is, its important to swat them away as fast as we can......*before* we get buried...because if this idea ever gets entrenched, it'll stick around like a stubborn unflushable turd.

The FE approach is slow and insidious as first. They have to move a bit slowly so as to not give themselves away...or scare people off. in this sense, its vaguely similar to the way one might get recruited into a cult or religion. Theres a creepy subtlety...and this is usually offered up in the form of faux naive questioning and probing (posing as genuine intellectual curiosity)..which is inevitably followed up with us-against-the-world phony dramatics and an equally phony persecution complex once sane folks get involved and start picking it all apart. And thats the same for any silly idea attempting to become a meme by a group of meddling psyop types (or just plain idiots) - the martyr complex is built right into the formula. in this instance, it begins with the annoying thread title "are we ALLOWED to discuss flat earth"...which implies suppression and censorship and some kind of dictatorial regime here. we've seen these tactics for some time now..and they have a very fox news-y NLP type of scummy feel to them...

And then they get more aggressive and angry when they see theyre failing...and this usually involves the same tired old formula of evoking and distorting the notions of free speech and censorship. When this ultimately fails they go to another forum (or attempt more similar themed threads here)where they and their fellow misfits debate amongst themsleves until they finally realize that no one else is paying attention and they lose interest.

come to think of it, their approach is eerily similar to that of demonic possession - infestation, oppression, possession. Theyre attempting the infestation stage at the moment...and we must not let it take hold (this forum does a great job of this). There must be ever vigilant sanity waiting patiently to calmly explain time and again why this idea is so absurd whenever it arises. Its maddening but its a battle worth fighting.
    Last edited by Mike; 21st February 2017 at 19:46.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd February 2017), Dennis Leahy (27th February 2017), Nasu (21st February 2017), norman (21st February 2017), TargeT (21st February 2017)

24. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    There appears to be contempt for anyone discussing FE here.
    With one or two exceptions, I think 'contempt' is just a little strong.

Yea, I'll stick my hand up for contempt

[ it very well describes how I feel about it and the people behind it]
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (27th February 2017), HaveBlue (23rd February 2017), seleka (21st February 2017)

26. Link to Post #35
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

I just looked at the first few responses again to make sure I was not overreaching with my assertion that the OP may have felt 'attacked'.
    If you want to be a victim, if you look for it... you WILL find it.

We live in the really real world, looking for "safe spaces" and places you can voice opinion or ideas with absolutely no resistance is unhealthy for the human mind and detrimental to those seeking understanding and knowledge.

"attacks" and "contempt" brought up in this context alert me to "victim seeking behavior" (or perhaps virtue signalling for a victim seeker) which is VERY prevalent these days as it has been indoctrinated (especially in academia) heavily to all currently alive generations.

There were no attacks here, & Contempt, like Hate are very strong emotions that are hard to confuse/miss.. you'll know them when you see them.

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I do not believe Solos is a plant or troll. It seems to be an obvious cognitive dysfunction brought about by inadequate scientific literacy, where circles and spheres can be confused because both are fundamentally round.
    I don't think they have to be "willing" or "knowingly" a plant or troll to still fulfill the same role... perhaps we need a new term for the "zombie supporters".... Zombie actually works quite well, they are infected with an idea and attempt to spread it, usually mindlessly.

Last edited by TargeT; 21st February 2017 at 20:13.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (22nd February 2017), Mike (21st February 2017), Nasu (21st February 2017), Tangri (21st February 2017)

28. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,469 times in 5,705 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I just looked at the first few responses again to make sure I was not overreaching with my assertion that the OP may have felt 'attacked'.

We live in the really real world, looking for "safe spaces" and places you can voice opinion or ideas with absolutely no resistance is unhealthy for the human mind and detrimental to those seeking understanding and knowledge.

"attacks" and "contempt" brought up in this context alert me to "victim seeking behavior" (or perhaps virtue signalling for a victim seeker) which is VERY prevalent these days as it has been indoctrinated (especially in academia) heavily to all currently alive generations.

There were no attacks here, & Contempt, like Hate are very strong emotions that are hard to confuse/miss.. you'll know them when you see them.

Perfectly put.

seleka, even your avatar msg suggests this victim sort of mentality (the ironic "kill the messenger") "dont kill the messenger" is often the clarion call of those seeking to avoid responsibility for poorly thought out posts. look, if the message is silly and nonsensical, the messenger needs to be held accountable.
    Last edited by Mike; 21st February 2017 at 20:18.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Nasu (21st February 2017), PurpleLama (22nd February 2017), TargeT (21st February 2017)

30. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    If you'd started a thread about TV ( and or youtube ) mind control you might have had the basis of a discussion worth having.

I say "might".

Infantile short form thought links are hardly a worthwhile discussion at this stage of the game.

I say "infantile".

Engaging with flat earthers is like dealing with the results of an unwanted pregnancy every sleepless night until suicidal. A dreadfully desperate battle between giving up or honoring an assumed moral commitment to a needy human being.

I say "needy".

Flat Earth activists tap into the 'needy' response in adult minds, and then piss and crap all over it.
    Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    One second...

..ok, its flat now, discuss away.
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Oh well,that only took 35 minutes and thread gets binned.
    It took nearly seven years for you to make only your second forum post, on the same non-subject. Maybe try again in 2024?

Meanwhile, you might like to join in on some of the other stuff.
    Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Perhaps araucaria feels insulted at the advent of yet another flat earth thread. This topic is used for the denigration of alternative media all across the web. A serious question, solos: are you willfully trying to harm the forum?
    Hi PurpleLama, No, I looked at Flat Earth back in October 2015 and I am still looking . I find it strange how many people just throw insults.
    Quote Posted by avid (here)
    I would like to 'pull the plug' on this topic, as it also reminds me of the futile theories regarding the Coriolis Effect: dependent in which hemisphere one lives equates to the direction of the spinning water vortex down one's plughole, so what happens at the equator? Another maniacal scenario.....
    ....possibly because you don't believe there is one?
    Right, that's me finished with anything to do with flat earth ludicrosity, braincells need to be used for more positive interactions.
    Sorry Solos....
    Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    With the greatest respect my friend, there is no fence for any level headed person. It is 110% obvious, beyond any doubt whatever, that the flat earth theory is a blatant psy-op, or a just a joke, or perhaps a social-engineering experiment, ultimately designed to divide, polarize, and create dissent. If they tried to convince people the grass was red, or the sky orange, I'm afraid there would invariably be some people that would come round, and eventually believe somehow that the grass really was red, or the sky orange. Cue the absurd flaming wars on these sorts of platforms, mission for them accomplished.

Any truly free-thinking person could not possibly fall for the flat earth notion. It is prehistoric thinking of the most bizarre and senseless kind. Understand that contriving these fake conspiracy theories is a useful tactic for them in controlling, as well as monitoring, the flow of information (and people) in conspiracy theory communities. Psy-op = infiltration, and it = sabotage. If you're starting to believe in the notion of a real flat earth, you do not pass go, but must return to square one with regards conspiracy theories and the truther movement. Square one says, get educated in basic reality first of all. For flat earth, see:

and there are many more examples,

regards
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I do not believe Solos is a plant or troll. It seems to be an obvious cognitive dysfunction brought about by inadequate scientific literacy, where circles and spheres can be confused because both are fundamentally round.
    I don't think they have to be "willing" or "knowingly" a plant or troll to still fulfill the same role... perhaps we need a new term for the "zombie supporters".... Zombie actually works quite well, they are infected with an idea and attempt to spread it, usually mindlessly.

I was going to let this go since it is not my thread, but I will go and get the quotes where people are insulting if you want me to. Bill explained well why it may be that way, they are tired of having the same conversation in their minds and that is an explanation. But there are clearly insults and attacking language and no that is not what this forum was like when I was here before. People spoke in facts and left threads alone that they were not interested in participating in. Maybe its just different now. I am frankly worried about how many people in their 20s and 30s are using this terminology 'virtue signalling'. That is something instilled in them from where I do not know.

Attacking people for having different beliefs is lower brain thinking. Taking all the energy that was involved by these people to type what they did could be spent on subjects they wanted to expound upon, leaving this one alone if it was not their interest. If the people on here believe it to be a psy op that is fine, but some people are still interested in looking at it from different angles. It will not be on PA though, the owner does not wish it and that is his perogative. That still does not explain why this post was attacked. I am looking at this (the actual words and tone of the responses) from a logical point of view, not from belief in way or another.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seleka For This Post:

airaspect (22nd February 2017), Holly Lindin (25th February 2017)

32. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Well, speaking for myself, I did not attack the person who posted the OP.

I replied to the title of the thread.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

PurpleLama (22nd February 2017)

34. Link to Post #39
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

But there are clearly insults and attacking language
    I see UNSUPPORTIVE language on a topic that's been well covered, no attacks however.

If you see someone trying to set a fire in your apartment, is it insulting to them when you (with just words mind you) try to get them to stop? or is that an attack?

People spoke in facts and left threads alone that they were not interested in participating in. Maybe its just different now.
    There were some facts mentioned in those posts you copied.. I'm guessing you saw the facts as an insult since you copied the post about Coriolis Effect (something that soundly disproves FE).

I am frankly worried about how many people in their 20s and 30s are using this terminology 'virtue signalling'. That is something instilled in them from where I do not know.
    It's a pretty simple concept, A person feels virtuous by defending a victim (real or not); it's done all the time by liberals with "the blacks".

It's basically a way of showing your better than someone else by sticking up for what is thought to be the "underdog" in a given situation, which will garnish the supporter of said underdog... "social brownie points". It worked for a few years,, people see through it now.

Attacking people for having different beliefs is lower brain thinking.
    Seeing attacks where they are not is even lower brain thinking, survival instinct overblown.

My friend, unsupportive language is not an attack; your life will be much easier when you recognize this.

Taking all the energy that was involved by these people to type what they did could be spent on subjects they wanted to expound upon, leaving this one alone if it was not their interest. If the people on here believe it to be a psy op that is fine, but some people are still interested in looking at it from different angles. It will not be on PA though, the owner does not wish it and that is his perogative. That still does not explain why this post was attacked. I am looking at this (the actual words and tone of the responses) from a logical point of view, not from belief in way or another.
    Well I'm pretty sure we have a few EXHAUSTIVE threads (i'll let you search) on the topic... so it's on PA, extensively... just search
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Akasha (28th February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd February 2017), Mike (21st February 2017), PurpleLama (22nd February 2017)

36. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

I would like to 'pull the plug' on this topic, as it also reminds me of the futile theories regarding the Coriolis Effect: dependent in which hemisphere one lives equates to the direction of the spinning water vortex down one's plughole, so what happens at the equator? Another maniacal scenario.....
    I always want to ask Bill, that question, but never had a chance to write it down here. He lives in Ecuador, maybe he observed how water drain direction goes, clockwise or counter clockwise.
    I noticed FE followers do not have an answer for that question yet.
    Last edited by Tangri; 21st February 2017 at 22:39.
    Love and Hope

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast