+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Are we allowed to discuss Flat Earth Yet.....?

1. Link to Post #41
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Are we allowed to discuss Flat Earth Yet.....?

Quote Posted by Tangri (here)
    Quote Posted by avid (here)
    I would like to 'pull the plug' on this topic, as it also reminds me of the futile theories regarding the Coriolis Effect: dependent in which hemisphere one lives equates to the direction of the spinning water vortex down one's plughole, so what happens at the equator? Another maniacal scenario.....
    I always want to ask Bill, that question, but never had a chance to write it down here. He lives in Ecuador, maybe he observed how water drain direction goes, clockwise or counter clockwise.
    I noticed FE followers do not have an answer for that question yet.
    The Coriolis affect is subtle and only affects large fluid systems. It actually doesn't really have any affects on small drains, but does consistently affect tropical storms, as those fluidic system are large enough to be affected by the very subtle Coriolis forces. Therefore drain directions are not a large enough system to be overtly affected. A drain can turn either directions in both north and south hemispheres - usually dependent on other factors like shape of the drain and not consistent. So it is the same at the equator. A tropical storm will always spin consistently in one direction and will always move away from the equator to a pole, also due to the Coriolis affect. based on which hemisphere the storm is in.

The short: drains are too small to be influenced by the Coriolis affect. There a thread somewhere here where explored all this already - I think I started one on this topic actually ...

EDIT: found it -- some good info here explaining what the Coriolis effect is and what it isn't, what it does and what it does not do.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...direction-only
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Hervé (22nd February 2017), Mike (21st February 2017), Nasu (21st February 2017), Tangri (21st February 2017), TargeT (22nd February 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

One can say that the investigations of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries into the observational theories of a spherical earth that is in orbit around a central sun, lay the foundations for most if not all the scientific developments of the subsequent five hundred years. This is a subject of 500+ years of investigation and experimentation by our race.

There is more factual evidence for the existence of fairies or "little people" than there is for a flat earth, look into it!! However, that being said it magnetizes to the most deep thinkers within our community for the simple reason that when you have come to doubt everything that you have been told, nothing is then sacred any more, nothing is true, even reality itself could be a lie, everything including our lying eyes is potentially false. Into this black hole for the mind, we could throw the holographic universe theory, or indeed the theory that life is just a dream, either way so what, lets make the best of our holographic or dreamlike existence since it's all we have got...

Somewhere in a darkened room, the instigators of this "meme" are smiling and slapping each others backs as they tally up just how many potentially rebellious minds they have distracted into pure undiluted YouTube inaction with all this crap. Let us please not be on that list, there is far too much to do.....x.... N

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Brodie75 (18th November 2021), Chris Gilbert (22nd February 2017), DeDukshyn (22nd February 2017), Mike (21st February 2017), sanma (22nd February 2017), Ultima Thule (22nd February 2017), Wind (24th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Another thing to look at is motivation. If the Earth were flat, what would be the "elite's" motivation for spending unimaginable resources convincing us it was a sphere? Money? No. More Power, Nope. They will lose power if we don't believe the earth is flat? Nope again. Anyone? Anyone? (cue Ben Stein from Ferris Bueller's day off) What would be their gain?

I know with other "secrets" that the elite keep from us, there are huge ramifications to their rule so they spend the resources to keep secrets - like the true history of the earth, and the participation of "others" in our development. A lie about our entire past, has to be kept to keep us in the dark. Just look into Credo Mutwa and what he has had to endure for just trying to share some of the real history that had been passed down to him. They actually actively work to keep this hidden. Has any "flat earther" exposing this secret lie been attacked in the way Credo has? No, of course not, the thought makes me laugh actually.

So why does the Elite need to convince us the earth is round? No motivation. Why would the elite need to convince us the earth is flat when actually it is round? Two motivations - one, a litmus test for the level of gullibility in the masses, and two, discredit people who are getting close to the truth by calling them "conspiracy theorists" and lumping the flat earther in with them so as to discredit those who are approaching the truth.

Far more motivation for the Elite to convince us of flat earth lie than a sphere earth lie.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 21st February 2017 at 23:09.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

KiwiElf (23rd February 2017), Mike (21st February 2017), Nasu (21st February 2017), TargeT (22nd February 2017), Wind (24th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I would like to 'pull the plug' on this topic, as it also reminds me of the futile theories regarding the Coriolis Effect: dependent in which hemisphere one lives equates to the direction of the spinning water vortex down one's plughole, so what happens at the equator? Another maniacal scenario.....
    I always want to ask Bill, that question, but never had a chance to write it down here. He lives in Ecuador, maybe he observed how water drain direction goes, clockwise or counter clockwise.
    The Coriolis affect is subtle and only affects large fluid systems. It actually doesn't really have any affects on small drains, but does consistently affect tropical storms, as those fluidic system are large enough to be affected by the very subtle Coriolis forces. Therefore drain directions are not a large enough system to be overtly affected. A drain can turn either directions in both north and south hemispheres - usually dependent on other factors like shape of the drain and not consistent. So it is the same at the equator. A tropical storm will always spin consistently in one direction and will always move away from the equator to a pole, also due to the Coriolis affect. based on which hemisphere the storm is in.

The short: drains are too small to be influenced by the Coriolis affect. There a thread somewhere here where explored all this already - I think I started one on this topic actually ...

EDIT: found it -- some good info here explaining what the Coriolis effect is and what it isn't, what it does and what it does not do.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...direction-only
    I had very short period of time observed southern hemisphere life(2 days) but my observation at hotel room was fascinating, unfortunately I didn't spent time for searching on that subject. I just accept it , didn't think of sink's structural design might effect it.
    Love and Hope

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st February 2017)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Easy answer..... but you're not going to like it.

Toilets and sinks are FAR too small to exhibit the Coriolis effect, they are far more influenced by random factors that contribute to the direction of their drain swirl...

you need AT LEAST a large "kiddy pool" to display the directional drain effect based on the Coriolis effect.

as covered... Here:

So, the answer is.. observable water drain is practically meaningless to the Coriolis Effect unless the body of water is sufficiently large enough (the average person does not observe this size of body of water draining).

EDIT:
    Err... yeah, what he said...
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd February 2017), KiwiElf (23rd February 2017), Nick Matkin (22nd February 2017)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

As one of the alleged contempters on this thread, let me explain my position by elaborating on a comment of Bill’s. My remarks did not so much address the tired old issue of FE as the status of a member as a first time poster who joined the forum almost at its inception, not to be confused with an ad hominem attack. I do understand that some people may feel shy about posting but usually they either take the plunge or they don’t register in the first place. There are plenty of smalltalk and feelgood threads to make such people welcome. This is a very useful function and I was actually suggesting that Solos make use of it. No one cast scorn on any previous posts because there weren’t any. This poster’s record of absence means he was neither a newbie nor a longstanding member and it happens to be consistent with the account of a troll or even a machine planted so as to be triggered at some later stage as and when required. The FE topic is a very good example of a trigger subject where a shy poster is unlikely, or possibly ill-advised, to dive in, and I saw no evidence to indicate that this was happening.

Given that there is always the chance of dealing with a bona fide seeker, there is always the risk of offending whenever the gentle approach is abandoned in order to preserve a forum that one is not embarrassed to belong to. FE is the latest attempt at discrediting every genuine line of research by association. They say, ‘You believe this or that? I expect you believe the earth is flat too’, just as previously they would say, ‘I expect you believe we didn’t go to the Moon’, and before that ‘I expect you believe JFK wasn’t killed by a lone nut’. Causing embarrassment is a crude weapon against open-mindedness, but clearly it is working less and less. One of the purposes of the forum, or at least its effects, is on the contrary to accustom us to feel comfortable with things that appear outlandish to many, including ourselves. We do this when people bring life-changing experiences or ideas that are potentially life-changing. What disqualifies FE ‘theory’ is that is has no life-changing effects either on its proponents or its opponents. If it did, it would be literally to abandon things like longhaul flights, satellite communications (including those blessed cellphones), the list is endless – in other words metaphorically to crawl back into our shell, underground bunker or whatever protective device we feel we need, which extends to behaviour indistinguishable from a machine. This is diametrically opposed to what we are about; which is why I make no apologies for a little impatience, brusqueness, face-palming etc. The forum is about overcoming our vulnerabilities, perceived or real, i.e. exposing ourselves, no more lurking. See this thread of mine.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (22nd February 2017), Nasu (23rd February 2017), norman (22nd February 2017), TargeT (22nd February 2017)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think one of the main points that makes this more than just a little interesting and worth discussing is that the flat earth concept looks so much like a PSYOP from people who have almost unlimited resources. The various videos have quite a bit of work in them. I think it is a carefully orchestrated effort to make '911 truthers' look like idiots.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martybeck For This Post:

norman (22nd February 2017), TargeT (22nd February 2017)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,091 times in 2,402 posts

Quote Posted by solos (here)
    Hi Ewan, do you believe or know you live on a spinning ball.If so why ? also is your believe or knowledge based on your own first hand observations ?
    I see you have been unsubscribed but will reply anyway. First I apologise for my earlier post, it was out of character to be so sarcastic and you took it with good grace by ignoring it.

I have three direct experiences for you.

Standing atop high cliffs looking out to sea I can observe a dipping at the periphery of my vision when staring straight at the horizon. Do I just convince myself of that, I don't know.

I did note once on a long haul flight at 40,000 feet that the effect was more apparent though you don't often get the conditions to glimpse it.

Thirdly, my nephew flew round the world always heading east and made it back home.

There is a degree of trust in that last one that the planes were indeed flying in the direction they claimed to be as I doubt my nephew was carrying a compass to verify each leg of the journey. But others have flown and sailed around the world single handedly, using navigation, and succeeded, so it does seem to have some merit.

As an aside, I thoroughly enjoyed reading Terry Pratchett's Discworld series as he was clearly a very astute observer of human foibles and belief systems. I rather suspect that was why he chose a flat-earth scenario to base his novels in.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

airaspect (22nd February 2017), Ernie Nemeth (22nd February 2017), Nasu (3rd March 2017), TargeT (22nd February 2017)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by martybeck (here)
    I think one of the main points that makes this more than just a little interesting and worth discussing is that the flat earth concept looks so much like a PSYOP from people who have almost unlimited resources. The various videos have quite a bit of work in them. I think it is a carefully orchestrated effort to make '911 truthers' look like idiots.
    we have a thread discussing that as well

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...th#post1134449

haha, this topic really has been extensively delved into in many ways.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

18. Link to Post #50
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,817 times in 4,349 posts

There was no attack on my part in responding to this thread, only (as Bill pointed out) a continued sense of exasperation!

If one went back in time to say, the 16th century, and started spouting off about a flat earth, you would be laughed at, or maybe imprisoned as a lunatic. Because that was the age of enlightenment and reason, which had the flat earth well and truly licked by then. Did the 16th century equivalent of the illuminati, say the Vatican, deploy 10,000 galleons to the Antarctic to patrol its waters so that renaissance explorers did not discover the dreadful truth, as supposedly NATO or NASA do today? There were a lot of these pioneering explorers sailing the globe back then - and making DISCOVERIES. And guess what, they didn't fall off the edge, their carefully plotted circumnavigations brought them back to exactly where they started, because obviously the earth is a sphere.

I continue to scratch my head on this. If flat earth proponents so vehemently claim that a spherical earth does not exist, then also, by association, they are claiming that SCIENCE itself does not exist either.

Even with a million arguments and other examples against a flat earth, there is really only one argument that truly, positively, trumps anything else. And that is, that the earth sitting on a flat plane is a PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBILITY - as far as absolutely everything we know (can measure, observe, and PROVE) to be true about the reality in which we live. Forget everything else if you like, a FLAT EARTH IS IMPOSSIBLE. And that can be scientifically verified by YOU. Now. Today. And very easily, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

For me, it is a small miracle that these flat earth threads, when they do appear, are as polite and civil as they are!

Because it is bordering on farcical that this 'subject' even exists (beyond the 16th century!)
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Ewan (22nd February 2017), norman (22nd February 2017), TargeT (22nd February 2017)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

" knowing enough to think your right, but not enough to know your wrong".

Great!

Where are you?

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd February 2017), drneglector (24th February 2017), Ernie Nemeth (22nd February 2017), Ewan (22nd February 2017), Hervé (22nd February 2017), KiwiElf (23rd February 2017), norman (22nd February 2017), Wind (24th February 2017)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,752 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    "knowing enough to think you're right, but not enough to know you're wrong".
    The alternative community is awash (flooded!) with exactly this problem. The Flat Earth meme is certainly being pushed as a a psy-op, whether the proponents are aware of it or not, and it's just the most extreme example of this. It's misinformation that's being taken full advantage of to indirectly discredit a mountain of important, good work.

Fake news at its most idiotic and extreme. The mods' policy here is getting very close to one that defines that while it's important to discuss the psy-op, those who want to use Avalon to promote the idea are simply not welcome here.

23. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (22nd February 2017), Billy (22nd February 2017), Bob (22nd February 2017), Calz (22nd February 2017), Chester (23rd February 2017), DeDukshyn (22nd February 2017), drneglector (24th February 2017), Ernie Nemeth (22nd February 2017), Ewan (22nd February 2017), ExomatrixTV (12th March 2022), fourty-two (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd February 2017), HaveBlue (23rd February 2017), Hervé (22nd February 2017), KiwiElf (23rd February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd February 2017), modini (14th January 2023), Nasu (23rd February 2017), norman (22nd February 2017), seko (1st March 2017), TargeT (22nd February 2017), transiten (22nd February 2017), Wind (24th February 2017)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Here is an intriguing possibility derived from the one thing we know about open poster solos, corroborating my idea that we may be dealing with an artificial intelligence: his age (47). When a forum member wants to browse in invisible mode, as is readily verifiable by checking the member list, the software sets their join date to Jan 1st 1970 – a kind of Day One Year One. Notice also how, for reasons of their own such as astrological anonymity, the forum has a surfeit of members claiming Jan 1st as their date of birth. So if a piece of software opened a forum account, it might well supply Jan 1st 1970 as a default date of birth.

Which now in 2017 would translate on screen as an age of 47. QED.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

fourty-two (25th February 2017)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,648 times in 18,693 posts

Just saw this article on the BBC headline page , It claims its due for 2018 on the
    Dragon 2 space craft and Falcon heavy rocket both of which have yet to fly
    according to the vid below. This raises several questions on related topics Van Allen
    Belt, whether we went to the moon etc , not for this thread.

But I did think if the world was flat it would be a short trip, so if this does go off
    and is not a publicity stunt , hopefully they will get some high resolution pictures of
    space , the moon and the earth.......

Two people have paid to take part in a trip to the Moon

5 hours ago

Short vid on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39113474

Elon Musk, it seems, loves nothing more than to spin plates. When most
    of us might be looking to lighten the load, he's piling on the ambition.
    The serial entrepreneur's latest gambit is to fly people around the Moon.
    Two wealthy individuals have apparently lodged significant deposits with
    his SpaceX company to make this journey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39113474

SpaceX to fly private moon missions

Published on 27 Feb 2017
    SpaceX says two people have paid to take a lunar trip on a Falcon Heavy
    by the end of 2018.

===================================================

SpaceX Announces Plan To Send Two Private Citizens To The Moon In 2018 | NBC Nightly News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwoYE8qhheI

Published on 27 Feb 2017
    The space travel company revealed Monday that it is working on plans to fly two
    private citizens on a week-long mission to the moon in 2018.
    » Subscribe to NBC News

====================================================

SpaceX is sending two people to the moon and back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAR-tBpOol8
    Published on 27 Feb 2017

SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has announced big plans to send two private citizens
    around the moon by 2018. CBS News space consultant Bill Harwood joins CBSN
    with the latest details.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 28th February 2017 at 18:46.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Ewan (28th February 2017), Nasu (3rd March 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3