Thread: Charles Coughlin 1935: "the profiteers and exploiters of mankind"

1. Link to Post #1
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Default Charles Coughlin 1935: "the profiteers and exploiters of mankind"

@15:54 in this video:

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th February 2017), boutreality (27th February 2017), Bruno (27th February 2017), CurEus (27th February 2017), dynamo (27th February 2017), Ewan (27th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,705 times in 1,526 posts

Default Re: Charles Coughlin 1935: "the profiteers and exploiters of mankind"

Private banks used co-ordinated 'Bank Panics' such as in 1905 to pick off competition in the highly diverse fragmented banking sector at the time. The aim being to consolidate power and debt and currency issuance (and therefore interest income) into the hands of the elite.

However it was in 1913, with the formation of the Fed that the real shenanigans started. As with all these wars, they were manipulated by the shadowy elite in order to burden the people with an ever increasing yoke of usurious debt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	chart.gif
Views:	24
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	35038  
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Atlas (27th February 2017), Ewan (27th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

There is no question that foul means were used to manipulate public opinion in USA towards war:

a) Lusitania:

Quote By JENNIFER HUNTER
    One of the most shocking events of the First World War was the sinking of the British-owned Lusitania passenger ship off the coast of Ireland on May 7, 1915. It was torpedoed by a German U-boat and led to the deaths of 1,195 men, women and children. Erik Larson, well-known for his historical investigations — he swept readers through Hitler’s Berlin and Chicago during the 1893 World’s Fair — has a new book about the Lusitania’s sinking 100 years ago. Our conversation about Dead Wake, the Last Crossing of the Lusitania has been edited for length.
    World War I had been raging almost 10 months. On May 1, 1915, the eve of the Lusitania’s voyage across the Atlantic, the German embassy in Washington put a notice in the shipping pages of newspapers that “vessels flying the flag of Great Britain, or of any of her allies, are liable to destruction.” Why did Cunard, the company that owned the Lusitania, not heed the warning? It seems like hubris.
    People looking at the Lusitania thought it was too big, too fast for any German submarine to attack and they believed no submarine commander would attack the ship because it was a passenger liner. The rules of naval warfare forbade that kind of attack. That is why the ship was full.
    The ad in the paper wasn’t sufficiently scary to deter anyone. The ship was full of supplies, including ammunition, and you have 2,000 people on this thing. Are they really going to cancel this sailing because of an ad in the newspaper? There would have been a wave of criticism aimed at Cunard for not sailing. They thought it’s too big to fail.
    It was fascinating to learn that in 1913 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of Sherlock Holmes, wrote a prescient short story about a submarine sinking a passenger liner.
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was one of the few to recognize the submarine was going to change the rules of naval warfare. His short story was almost played out. Germany almost did bring Britain to her knees. Nobody understood the submarine could be an effective offensive weapon, that it would be used for war.
    Although America had not yet entered the war, President Woodrow Wilson warned Germany there would be strict accountability if any Americans were killed at sea by German U-boats. This seemed to hold no bearing for the Germans, or even for Wilson, who was very reluctant to enter the war, even after the sinking of the Lusitania with its contingent of U.S. passengers.
    That is one of the things that really surprised me. I had assumed the Lusitania was the proximal cause of us going into the war. It actually took two full years after the sinking of the Lusitania before the United States entered the war.
    We are taught in school that the loss of the Lusitania caused such outrage that America began clamoring for war. But America wasn’t clamoring for war. America totally supported Wilson. He did not want America to enter a war. He was a man of peace and he believed America was not ready for war and did not understand the consequences of war.
    Walther Schwieger, captain of the U-20 that downed the Lusitania, didn’t have any conscience about torpedoing ships and drowning the people on board. But he was described by his crew as a kind man.
    It did not seem to cause him any particular hesitation or moral pang. On the other hand Schwieger was not an unalloyed villain. His crew loved him; he was considered humane; his fellow submarine commanders said he couldn’t hurt a fly and yet there he is torpedoing a liner packed with passengers.
    How do you reconcile the two aspects of this man? It was war, he was sent out to do a job. Even as a person he was humane but nonetheless he was able to kill. At some point it was for him a kind of game or competition.
    Winston Churchill, then Britain’s top naval official, also had no conscience. He wanted America in the war and he didn’t seem to care how that was accomplished.
    There is no question Churchill wanted America to get into the war early on the side of the allies. There is no smoking memo from Churchill to whomever saying “Let’s let the Lusitania get into trouble.” What you have is a lot of evidence that makes you wonder: why was the Lusitania allowed to travel this route, in this way, without protection?
    I quote Churchill in a footnote, a letter he wrote to Violet Asquith, saying “I know this war is smashing and shattering the lives of thousands every moment – and yet – I cannot help it – I enjoy every second I live.”
    On the day the Lusitania was torpedoed, passengers were on deck chatting, children playing. No one knew about a lurking U-boat or that other ships had been attacked.
    When the Lusitania sank, rescue boats were hours late. Thousands of people drowned. Children died of hypothermia. One lucky passenger who was saved described “a great swirling greenish white bubble … a mass of struggling humanity and wreckage.”
    As a former journalist I look at these things with two perspectives. There is the good me and the bad me. The good me recognizes something is awful and moving and tragic. The bad me says “This is great stuff; this is really good material that is going to be so great in the book.” There is always a distance from the material. I have to be the person orchestrating what goes into the book and I can’t be influenced or go off on an emotional jag. But I hope the readers will have that experience and feel the tragedy.
    One of the reasons I did this book in the first place was there is a great body of original archival material.
    There are hundreds of survivor accounts, ranging from a two-page statement to an entire book on the subject written by Charles Laurie. I will always err on the side of using contemporaneous accounts. I like accounts of and from the moment: courtroom testimony, depositions, letters and newspaper accounts.
    Tell me about your research.
    Going back five years I had a blank slate. I always have that after I write a book.
    The Lusitania story had been on my mind but I thought it was too obvious a story, especially now as it is coming up to the 100th anniversary of its sinking. I always thought of it as a geopolitical event but I decided to read more about it.
    Then I came to realize the scope, the complexity and the depth of the archival material that would be available to me: telegraphs, Wilson’s love letters, secret information about Room 40 (where the Brits translated German code books).
    I wanted to write a maritime thriller that was true.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/insight...ania-full.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	advertisement.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	486.9 KB
ID:	35039

b) Zimmerman Telegram (a British Intelligence psi-op no doubt)

Quote Zimmermann Telegram
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Zimmermann Telegram as it was sent from Washington to Ambassador Heinrich von Eckardt (who was the German ambassador to Mexico)

The Zimmermann Telegram (or Zimmermann Note or Zimmerman Cable) was a secret diplomatic communication issued from the German Foreign Office in January 1917 that proposed a military alliance between Germany and Mexico in the event of the United States' entering World War I against Germany. The proposal was intercepted and decoded by British intelligence. Revelation of the contents enraged American public opinion, especially after the German Foreign Secretary Arthur Zimmermann publicly admitted the telegram was genuine on 3 March, and helped generate support for the United States declaration of war on Germany in April. The decryption was described as the most significant intelligence triumph for Britain during World War I, and one of the earliest occasions on which a piece of signals intelligence influenced world events.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmermann_Telegram
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Atlas (27th February 2017), Ewan (27th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Great video!! It was neat to see Huey P. Long "in action"!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Atlas (27th February 2017), Baby Steps (27th February 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Arguably, the draft was unconstitutional:
    Quote How to dodge a draft

There hasn't been a military draft in the United States since 1972. With the scaling back of the all volunteer army currently stationed in Iraq and the public's opinion of the war in Iraq, there most likely will not be forced military service any time soon.

I'm going to tell you how to dodge a draft any which way because apparently people still want to know.

This by no means is a reflection of my personal views on the subject nor do I advocate dodging a draft. This is at best merely informational. User assumes any risk for actually being stupid enough to try any of this should the opportunity ever arise.
    Step 1: Legal channels
    The first way to dodge a draft is to go about the matter legally. For instance, in the United States, upon being drafted, a young man can file for conscientious objector status with selective services. He can then go in front of the draft board and plead his case as to why he should not be drafted based on religious or moral grounds. However, objection to a particular war is not grounds for objection; the objection must be made against all wars. Most individuals that claim conscientious objector tend to fail their board hearing since there is no clear grounds on what constitute conscientious objectors and most drafts are instated at times of need.
    Step 2: Slightly Less Legal Channels
    If you can't dodge the draft through legal means or based on personal convictions as a pacifist, you can try to be declared physically unfit for service. Go to your doctor and get a thorough checkup for any possible deformity or ailment that may prevent you from being cannon fodder. If he finds something, have your doctor write you a note to the draft board. If he doesn't and he's nice he will make something up and write the note on your behalf any which way. Keep in mind that the military will most likely conduct their own physical and if it should be deemed that you are lying, well then you are just out of luck.
    Step 3: One small step.
    Avoiding the draft may be as simple as not stepping forward. When you receive a draft notice report to where you are told and when prompted to take one step forward if you are there to join the military, do not. By asking you to step forward and take an oath, the military is fooling you into volunteering to join the military against your will. The 13th amendment prevents involuntary servitude. Just hold your ground no matter what the officers on hand say or do to you. Be prepared to be assaulted verbally and possibly physically. You will also probably be arrested on some charge or another and is usually not upheld by the court since the amendment was originally created to stop slavery.
    Step 4: Dirty Dirty Liar
    Thanks to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy the military has in place, it would seem like all you would need to do is show up in drag and tell them that you are a flaming homosexual. However, Corporal Klinger, don't be surprised if this doesn't work. At times when the draft is needed, the army is less picky and even less likely to believe you (considering they heard that story three times already today). This probably won't work, but it may be worth a try.

To stay modern and out of the military, consider starting sexual reassignment. You may have to spend the rest of your life in some transgendered limbo, but at least you won't be shot at by strangers.
    Step 5: Go crazy? Don't mind if I do.
    Another possibly ineffective means of avoiding military service is just acting downright crazy. Bark obscenities in all directions. Try to bite your ear off. Walk in circles while waiting in line. And most importantly, don't be surprised if it doesn't work.
    Step 6: Get spoken for.
    You don't have to go to war if you go to prison. Armed robbery may be your ticket out of military service if you don't mind spending a couple of years locked in a cage. In fact, refusing to report to military duty will most likely get you locked up in prison any which way. However, be mindful, that in some regard that could be considered desertion or treason and in severe circumstances subject you to a death sentence. I would be careful about that depending on the circumstances.
    Step 7: Fly the coop.
    If being locked away in an American prison is not your idea of a good time, fleeing the country is always an option. The most ideal place to go is a peaceful nation with no extradition agreement with the United States. The closest nation that I could think of that fits that bill is Cuba, so get your life raft out and start paddling. Unless of course, we go to war with Cuba. This eventuality is unlikely. Other places that are nearby and may be worth a visit are, the perennial favorites, Canada and Mexico
    Step 8: Stay and fight!
    One way to avoid the draft is to challenge the government and stop the war. This is usually accomplished by gathering together a whole bunch of hippies and levitating the Pentagon 300 feet into the air with our minds. If you're having a bad day and the Pentagon won't levitate with the power of your love you are going to need to organize a peaceful resistance. Try the age-old practice of burning draft cards and having sit-ins. Refuse to go quietly.
    Step 9: Prevent wars
    The best way to dodge drafts is to elect officials that won't start wars with other nations in the first place. Think about the selective service registration card that you filled out next time that you go to vote.
    Step 10: If all else fails.
    Render yourself physically unfit for combat. Chop off your trigger fingers. Puncture an eardrum. Break both your knee caps. Lose a couple of toes. You get the idea. Keep in mind that not only will you permanently disfigure yourself, you will be committing a crime. To add insult to injury, you can be sent to jail for this.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...raft/?ALLSTEPS

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread