+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on the U.S. Debt Clock

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Default Question on the U.S. Debt Clock

Many people think the Debt Clock just shows the nation's debt each second. At least I did from seeing it on vids flashing on a building. It's much more than that.

At a glance, you can see snippets of interesting info like how many are on food stamps right now, how many retirees are there right now, how many veterans are there right now, how many are without insurance right now, etc.... Here it is:

http://www.usdebtclock.org

At the very right hand bottom are 4 fields:
    Dollar to Gold Ratio 1913 - $28.72 per oz.
    Dollar to Gold Ratio NOW - $7,756 per oz.
    Dollar to Silver Ratio 1913 - $2.64 per oz.
    Dollar to Silver Ratio NOW - $851 per oz.

Meanwhile the spot price of Gold is - $1,235
    Spot price of Silver is - $17.92

My 2 questions are this - Is this huge disparity between the past and present dollar ratios to gold and silver all because of inflation?
    And, regarding the disparity between the spot prices and current dollar to gold & silver ratios purely, as some finance people say on shows, that it is 'manipulated'?? but if that is so, How? How do the powers that be manipulate the spot prices of precious metals?

It's probably a simple answer but I'm not good with finance.
    I appreciate it. Thank you!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

ceetee9 (6th March 2017), dancing bear (6th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th March 2017), Heavy Duty (6th March 2017), Kryztian (6th March 2017), mountain_jim (12th March 2017), NancyV (6th March 2017), Noelle (6th March 2017), norman (6th March 2017), RunningDeer (6th March 2017), Yetti (7th March 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Default Re: Question on the U.S. Debt Clock

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Many people think the Debt Clock just shows the nation's debt each second. At least I did from seeing it on vids flashing on a building. It's much more than that.

At a glance, you can see snippets of interesting info like how many are on food stamps right now, how many retirees are there right now, how many veterans are there right now, how many are without insurance right now, etc.... Here it is:

http://www.usdebtclock.org

At the very right hand bottom are 4 fields:

My 2 questions are this - Is this huge disparity between the past and present dollar ratios to gold and silver all because of inflation?
    And, regarding the disparity between the spot prices and current dollar to gold & silver ratios purely, as some finance people say on shows, that it is 'manipulated'?? but if that is so, How? How do the powers that be manipulate the spot prices of precious metals?

It's probably a simple answer but I'm not good with finance.
    I appreciate it. Thank you!
    A former husband of mine had a firm on Wall Street for 30 years. He told me that it's the biggest gambling hall on earth and that he personally manipulated prices of different stocks when it would benefit him. One of the ways they do it is to start rumors, claiming they have inside information. Another way he manipulated prices was to spend a LOT of money (maybe millions?) on a particular stock, start a rumor, wait for it to go way up....then sell. Obviously he made a lot of money. Rich people can manipulate stocks just by buying a lot or selling a lot. People tend to follow what the big boys do.

I'm sure there are many other ways stocks and commodities (silver and gold among others) are manipulated, but I didn't stay with that husband long enough (about a year) to find out much more as I fairly quickly became too disgusted with his lack of ethics and his seeming to have no regrets about making money by causing others to lose money. I wish I had know that before I married him as I don't tolerate very well people who are so impressed with money that they'll do almost anything to get more and more. He was retired and living in Oregon when I married him, and in the 3 years I knew him he didn't tell me the things he did when he had his firm on Wall Street.

I don't think that the prices of gold and silver are entirely due to inflation. They are partly higher because they actually have true value, unlike paper money. But they are also partially so high in price because the manipulators want it that way.
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

ceetee9 (6th March 2017), Chester (6th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th March 2017), Helene West (6th March 2017), latina (6th March 2017), meeradas (6th March 2017), Noelle (6th March 2017), RunningDeer (6th March 2017), take (23rd April 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I was only looking at this yesterday, that is far more realistic valuation than the rigged CME/LBMA/Silver price.
    JPMorgan have manipulated and loaded up on silver making another massive paper dump last week to artifically supress the price.

Thomson/Reuters eneded their contract with LBMA last Friday 2 years early.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-si...-idUSKBN16A20G

Beware The Ides of March, as Icke would say they hide the truth in plain sight ( RE Clock).

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dancing bear For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th March 2017), Helene West (6th March 2017), NancyV (6th March 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

While the headers do not make it clear what they are measuring below, I will take a stab at it.

It's the value of Gold and Silver versus the value of the dollar. Since they chose 1913, the year the Federal Reserve was enacted, I will say it is a statement on the loss of purchasing power of the dollar measured in gold and silver.

You could also say it's a measure of how undervalued precious metals are when compared to the dollar weakness since 1913.

Hope this helps.

When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th March 2017), Helene West (6th March 2017), Jean-Marie (6th March 2017), NancyV (6th March 2017), Pam (6th March 2017), wnlight (6th March 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Mgray
    Thank you. I agree that PM is undervalued vs the overvaluation of the stock market. What I don't understand is that the way a stock can be driven down or even crashed is by massive selling. I can't see the same method applied to gold and silver especially in a world where countries are demanding their leased gold back from the U.S. and UK. It seems elites want gold so how/why would they sell massively to drive the price down? Unless whoever publishes the spot prices of PM are just massively bribed? I'll keep reading and pondering..! thx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th March 2017), NancyV (6th March 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Also for those sitting on the fence who have considered buying pm I just found out that at the end of last year there have been huge changes to Sharia Law that will start enabling muslims to buy into the precious metals markets. There are 1.6 billion muslims. Many in the PM market feel this is going to drive demand and prices up. Though gold is too expensive for most working folk despite its being undervalued silver is affordable. just an fyi...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th March 2017), NancyV (6th March 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Mgray
    Thank you. I agree that PM is undervalued vs the overvaluation of the stock market. What I don't understand is that the way a stock can be driven down or even crashed is by massive selling. I can't see the same method applied to gold and silver especially in a world where countries are demanding their leased gold back from the U.S. and UK. It seems elites want gold so how/why would they sell massively to drive the price down? Unless whoever publishes the spot prices of PM are just massively bribed? I'll keep reading and pondering..! thx
    The mass selling is in the Futures markets for silver and gold. The futures contract is the right to buy or sell the commodity at a future date for a certain price. The volume in these markets are many times the amount of PM mined in a year. In broadest of terms its price manipulation at a fraction of the cost for the contract.

These futures actions drive the price of physical PM.
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th March 2017), Helene West (7th March 2017), Jean-Marie (6th March 2017), meeradas (6th March 2017), ThePythonicCow (6th March 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 332 posts

Helene. precious metals, oil, coffe, are no different just market prices going up and down according to the mandates of a dark cartel who decides what goes up or down, . Ussually when gold & sylver are cheap, enormous amount of this is changing hands, at their convenience , never yours!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Yetti For This Post:

Helene West (7th March 2017)

+ Reply to Thread