+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "The Bad War" - World War II book banned on Amazon (Update Post 32: More books banned)

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,433 times in 21,489 posts

Default Re: "The Bad War" - World War II book banned on Amazon (Update Post 32: More books banned)

A somewhat less erudite (than Richard A. Widmann, above) but more action focused Lisa Haven is also pissed:
    I’VE HAD ENOUGH! Time To Tick Off Google, Facebook &
    Big Brother For Censorship! Here’s HOW!
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (13th March 2017), avid (13th March 2017), BMJ (14th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th March 2017), Johnny (13th March 2017), norman (13th March 2017), Shannon (23rd March 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Retired Member JChombre's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: "The Bad War" - World War II book banned on Amazon (Update Post 32: More books banned)

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Quote Posted by JChombre (here)
    Right now, what we need more than anything else in this country is forgiveness, compassion, humility, understanding, and courage.
    That's what we would like, but instead we have BLM and Antifa guys with bandanas covering their faces beating people in the street, and when they are arrested for it they claim they were also just exercising free speech.

There is a difference though, because speech actually is protected, even if you don't like it.

Violence is not "free speech." Neither is trying to start an insurrection against a duly-elected leader, a man who was fairly elected under the rules that everyone understood going into this, that have always been our rules.

A posteriori, your posts are inconsequential for me; therefore, my system is set so that I don't read them.

However, I am making an exception here this time because I would like to make some suggestions to you.

I would like to suggest that you go deep inside in your inner sanctuary, and introspectively look at your life.

In this introspection, your objective will be to figure out why you are perpetually manifesting pus filled with hate and negativity viruses, in your life in the 3D world.

Once you have figured out what the root cause(s) of your issues are, then hopefully you will be able to address them at the soul level; and consequently, change your life in 3D.

Remember that we create our reality, as we learned from Jane Roberts in the Seth's books.

However, if you don’t know how to go inside and do inner work, then I would suggest that you seek help from a competent spiritual or psychiatric counselor.

In effect, through your seemingly boisterous and obnoxious behavior, you are really begging and crying for help. Anyone who is involved in this channel can attest to that.

What is sad here is that your family and you are the main victims of your nasty, demented behavior.

Here at Avalon I can put you on my "Ignore List", and never hear from you again. However, you don't have an "Ignore List" for yourself and neither does your family.

So, help yourself and those who are dear to you by proceeding as suggested above. It is never too late.

Be well.

JC

P.S: I am not interested in some type of back and forth argumentation with you. This message is final.
    Last edited by JChombre; 7th April 2017 at 07:22.

4. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A posteriori, your posts are inconsequential for me; therefore, my system is set so that I don't read them.

However, I am making an exception here this time because I would like to make some suggestions to you.

I would like to suggest that you go deep inside in your inner sanctuary, and introspectively look at your life.

In this introspection, your objective will be to figure out why you are perpetually manifesting pus filled with hate and negativity viruses, in your life in the 3D world.
    I trust that the one whom you address so impudently will take your advice for what it's worth, and not a farthing more .

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th March 2017), JChombre (14th March 2017), Shannon (23rd March 2017)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,349 times in 1,707 posts

Just an interesting side note when I in high school back in the mid 1980's amongst the compulsory books were both "1984" and "Fahrenheit 451".
    Last edited by BMJ; 14th March 2017 at 03:48.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th March 2017)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,950 times in 2,388 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    That was an interesting read but badly let down by the style of writing.

Although he presents a quite clear depiction of the machinations involved in engineering the war unfortunately his frequent use of rhetoric and ad-hominem structure in several remarks result in the work being easily dismissed, (for a predisposed mindset), as agenda driven.

A variety of examples and some points:

The Katyn Forest Massacre in which 10,000 Polish Army officers are shot in the head.

Why would 10,000 oficers all be in the same place at the same time. It makes sense that there might be 10,000 troops, but not that they are all officers.

Referring to Einstein as the 'mad' scientist, (regardless of his ideologies), will produce an automatic negative reaction in many readers.

Jewish Money King Bernard Baruch and his 'puppet' FDR
    It doesn't matter if this is factually accurate, in order to be given credence it needs presenting in a more appropriate manner.

'lunatic, drunken', cigar chomping Winston Churchill
    The cigar-chomping, Zionist-owned, alcoholic Winston Churchill.
    Churchill and his 'criminal' crew of Kingsley Wood & Anthony Eden
    'Ignorant' British soldier laughs as he reads Hitler’s air-dropped peace leaflet.

I don't need to keep explaining these do I?

Ewan, thank you for reviewing some of the information presented in this thread. I cannot imagine watching a 1.5-hour video of the material that you are describing, just to get a pro-nazi spin of WW2.

Obviously, a skunk is a skunk no matter how well-groomed it looks, or how much perfume it wallows itself into.

The view of WW2 history expressed in david duke interview (under the guise of freedom of speech, or as an attempt to uncover the truth) will always be welcomed by those who share his ideology.

Unfortunately, this view goes hand-in-hands with the anti-immigrant and anti-semitic mass psychosis currently experienced here in the US.

Consequently, it is right and very much appropriate that some concern be expressed in this thread since innocent people are been killed in the US because of their uniqueness! And no, this is not fake news!

In addition, besides those who share duke’s beliefs, there is no doubt that the rest of the world cares not to receive history lessons from this individual.

Frankly at this point, the US pendulum is swinging in the unhealthy domain where extremists dwell and thrive.

Ben Rich might have been right when he said that “we now have technology to take ET home. “ However, spiritually, we have a long way to go.

Right now, what is needed to start the healing process in this country is forgiveness, compassion, humility, understanding, and courage.

David duke and his followers do not embody these attributes.

Be well.

JC
    The reason I would watch however many hours of those videos is precisely the reason you seemingly wish to avoid them. History as presented to me over the years, and generally available to all in the west, has a pro-allies spin. It is not necessarily an accurate history, and in certain specifics may be outright deceitful. I don't wish to hold a one-sided inaccurate view of history as that would colour all my thinking and judgement.

One can only arrive at correct conclusions when one has all the information. (Leaving aside the fact we are unlikely to ever have all the information).

I had never heard of David Duke before his name was mentioned in this thread, nor have I ever listened to a word he said.

We forgive on an individual level, and perhaps all it takes is 100 individuals to change the future. Worry not about the rest.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th March 2017), BMJ (14th March 2017), Chester (14th March 2017), EFO (16th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (14th March 2017), seko (15th March 2017)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

I had understood that David Duke was a high up in the KKK?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

BMJ (14th March 2017)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Retired Member JChombre's Avatar
    Thanks

That was an interesting read but badly let down by the style of writing.

Although he presents a quite clear depiction of the machinations involved in engineering the war unfortunately his frequent use of rhetoric and ad-hominem structure in several remarks result in the work being easily dismissed, (for a predisposed mindset), as agenda driven.

A variety of examples and some points:

The Katyn Forest Massacre in which 10,000 Polish Army officers are shot in the head.

Why would 10,000 oficers all be in the same place at the same time. It makes sense that there might be 10,000 troops, but not that they are all officers.

Referring to Einstein as the 'mad' scientist, (regardless of his ideologies), will produce an automatic negative reaction in many readers.

Jewish Money King Bernard Baruch and his 'puppet' FDR
    It doesn't matter if this is factually accurate, in order to be given credence it needs presenting in a more appropriate manner.

'lunatic, drunken', cigar chomping Winston Churchill
    The cigar-chomping, Zionist-owned, alcoholic Winston Churchill.
    Churchill and his 'criminal' crew of Kingsley Wood & Anthony Eden
    'Ignorant' British soldier laughs as he reads Hitler’s air-dropped peace leaflet.

I don't need to keep explaining these do I?

Ewan, thank you for reviewing some of the information presented in this thread. I cannot imagine watching a 1.5-hour video of the material that you are describing, just to get a pro-nazi spin of WW2.
    JC
    The reason I would watch however many hours of those videos is precisely the reason you seemingly wish to avoid them. History as presented to me over the years, and generally available to all in the west, has a pro-allies spin. It is not necessarily an accurate history, and in certain specifics may be outright deceitful. I don't wish to hold a one-sided inaccurate view of history as that would colour all my thinking and judgement.

One can only arrive at correct conclusions when one has all the information. (Leaving aside the fact we are unlikely to ever have all the information).

I had never heard of David Duke before his name was mentioned in this thread, nor have I ever listened to a word he said.

We forgive on an individual level, and perhaps all it takes is 100 individuals to change the future. Worry not about the rest.

I would like you to know that I have absolutely nothing against you or anyone who is learning about WW2 from the axis perspective. I am a lifelong student of history, so I clearly understand why you are interested in the nazi side of WW2.

In fact, I learned about this topic many years ago, in the 1980s. I did not spend countless hours watching pro-nazi tapes, I was not interested in becoming an expert in this field. However, among other things, I watched Das Boot; an excellent movie, and learned a lot from it.

I posted in this thread because I was frankly appalled that in the extreme polarized atmosphere that exists currently in the US, an ignominious character like david duke is introduced here at PA to teach us WW2 history. This absolutely blows my mind!

Another thing that totally surprised me and blew my mind away but in a positive way, is that prior to this thread, you knew absolutely nothing about this individual. This really surprised me because I thought that everyone knew about him.

However, the fact that you knew nothing about him is a good thing. It means that your feedback of his tape is more accurate because your judgement carries no bias against him from prior experience or knowledge. And you reached the conclusion that his information could easily be dismissed…

Your post is begging that the following questions be asked:

Do people who live outside North America (US, Canada and Mexico) really understand what’s going on here in the US?

Do they have the information required to make informed decisions or adequate judgement about what going on in the US?

Can someone who has never lived in the US for extended periods of time judge this country just from the information provided by Breithard and Fox News?

From my personal experience living in different continents and countries, I have learned that it takes about 5 years to learn a new language and/or assimilate a new culture. And one is fully assimilated when he/she can understand the jokes in the new language or culture.

I have read some highly divisive posts here and I absolutely disagree with them. There is more than enough division in this country now, I think it is time for people in the US to start looking into ways that can heal this nation.

I personally have issues with those who live abroad and seem to suggest that a civil war be waged in this country. I would like them to look in their backyard and make sure that everything is in order. Then, perhaps they will be in a position to make some suggestions about the US.

Be well.

JC
    Last edited by JChombre; 15th March 2017 at 05:31.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JChombre For This Post:

Ewan (15th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th March 2017)

14. Link to Post #48
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Paul summed up my sentiments before I could respond myself.

If you are too enlightened to even engage in discussion with me then I'm too enlightened to care for your one-way sermons, because you obviously have only contempt for me. Not sure what kind of spirituality that's supposed to represent.

Btw my family are all Trump supporters too, so they understand me completely, unlike many on the other side of the aisle, such as yourself, who have no interest in even listening.

I understand JChombre likely won't even see this message, but maybe someone else of the modern leftist persuasion will see a bit of their movement or even themselves in JChombre and can take the opportunity to reflect on how it isn't productive to talk down to those you disagree with in a self-righteous and condescending way. Especially when you're trying to preach some kind of system of enlightenment. That just makes the whole thing that much more sad.

15. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

You're absolutely right, and I realized just how bad this really could be when I considered that, without the Internet, all of the garbage that the MSM publishes would have become accepted history for the times we're living in now. We know better most of what they're selling (they are corporations after all), but in the past how would people have known any different?

The history we read is largely just the MSM of the past.

Thomas Jefferson said that those who read newspapers are more ignorant than those who don't, so I guess even back in his day it was pretty bad.

16. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Re: "The Bad War" - World War II book banned on Amazon (Update Post 32: More books banned).

The other scary thought beyond the obvious censorship of different opinons as demostrated by amazon.

Is the fact that with a growing reliance on electronic media and decline of hard copy documents we also have the threat that electronic media itself presents, that is, that history and other documents can be rewritten easily when it is in soft copy.

So we need to also preserve hardcopies of history books and other documents, because they cannot be inflitrated like a PC or servers and altered at will.

(FYI we know of the mandela effect).
    Last edited by BMJ; 15th March 2017 at 04:36.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th March 2017), EFO (16th March 2017), Ewan (15th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th March 2017), seko (22nd March 2017)

18. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

I agree, BMJ.....let's hear it for LIBRARIES!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th March 2017), BMJ (17th March 2017), EFO (16th March 2017)

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 times in 221 posts

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    Re: "The Bad War" - World War II book banned on Amazon (Update Post 32: More books banned).

The other scary thought beyond the obvious censorship of different opinions as demonstrated by amazon.

Is the fact that with a growing reliance on electronic media and decline of hard copy documents we also have the threat that electronic media itself presents, that is, that history and other documents can be rewritten easily when it is in soft copy.

So we need to also preserve hard-copies of history books and other documents, because they cannot be infiltrated like a PC or servers and altered at will.

(FYI we know of the mandela effect).

Though I totally agree with the sentiment, censorship is a huge issue especially with what is taught in school have you ever read a hard copy history book in school? Like as an interest - NOT as in - did you even go to school kinda thing. For example I only buy the really old books on UFO stories (at second hand stores) the new ones are annoyingly filtered.

Anyways - It's all history totally rewritten with the censorship of the publishers of which there are few and used entirely throughout US and Canada like these guys....

"Pearson PLC is a British multinational publishing and education company headquartered in London. It was founded as a construction business in the 1840s. It shut down its construction activities in the 1920s and switched to publishing. It is the largest education company and the largest book publisher in the world.[3][4] Pearson has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It has a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of American Depository Receipts."

"Publishing business: 1920s to 1990
    In 1919, the firm acquired a 45% stake in the London branch of merchant bankers Lazard Brothers, an interest which was increased to 80% in 1932 during the depression years. Pearson continued to hold a 50% stake until 1999.[14] In 1921, Pearson purchased a number of local daily and weekly newspapers in the United Kingdom, which it combined to form the Westminster Press group.[5]

In 1957, it bought the Financial Times[5] and acquired a 50% stake in The Economist. It purchased the publisher Longman in 1968.[5]

The company was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1969.[5] It went on to buy paperback publisher Penguin in 1970,[5] and in 1972, children's imprint Ladybird Books. In 1986, Pearson invested in the British Satellite Broadcasting consortium, which, a few years later merged with Sky TV to form a new company, British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB).[15]"

"Pearson Higher Education
    Pearson Higher Education was created when the Higher Education businesses from Pearson International and Pearson North America were merged in 2013. They provide textbooks and digital technologies to teachers and students across Higher Education. Pearson's higher education brands include eCollege, Mastering/MyLabs, Revel, online tutoring (Smarthinking), and Financial Times Publishing."

Ya I think they control pretty much everything that is in schools and libraries for sometime, digital or hard copy and on the news.
    Last edited by Chakra; 15th March 2017 at 18:17.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chakra For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th March 2017), BMJ (16th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2017), Hervé (16th March 2017), seko (16th March 2017)

22. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Another reason Amazon sucks that was on the Drudge Report today:

Quote Amazon is going to kill more American jobs than China did

Millions of retail jobs are threatened as Amazon’s share of online purchases keeps climbing

Amazon's revenue has been growing at more than 20% a year.

Amazon.com has been crowing about its plans to create 100,000 American jobs in the next year, but as with other recent job-creation announcements, that figure is meaningless without context.

What Amazon /quotes/zigman/63011/composite AMZN +0.04% won’t tell us is that every job created at Amazon destroys one or two or three others. What Jeff Bezos doesn’t want you to know is that Amazon is going to destroy more American jobs than China ever did.

Amazon has revolutionized the way Americans consume. Those who want to shop for everything from books to diapers increasingly go online instead of to the malls. And for about half of those online purchases, the transaction goes through Amazon.

For the consumer, Amazon has brought lower prices and unimaginable convenience. I can buy almost any consumer product I want just by clicking on my phone or computer — or even easier, by just saying: “Alexa: buy me one” — and it will be shipped to my door within days or even hours for free. I can buy books for my Kindle, or music for my phone instantly. I can watch movies or TV shows on demand.

But for retail workers, Amazon is a grave threat. Just ask the 10,100 workers who are losing their jobs at Macy’s. /quotes/zigman/467976/composite M -2.05% Or the 4,000 at The Limited. Or the thousands of workers at Sears /quotes/zigman/95136/composite SHLD -0.45% and Kmart, which just announced 150 stores will be closing. Or the 125,000 retail workers who’ve been laid off over the past two years.
    https://secure.marketwatch.com/story...did-2017-01-19

Someone needs to start looking into anti-trust laws. Mr. Jeff Sessions?

23. Link to Post #54
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

This (45 sec.) is a part of a little longer clip.
    A refugee woman dressed in mixed military men pieces of uniform:boots-trousers-shirt.
    Watch her left eye.
    Freeze clip at 0:32 mark and watch her left hand.
    What this Human suffered from other human/s?

Good enough to stand against,boycott,sabotage and/or fight against any kind of war and or thoughts of war in any part of the world or elsewhere or we need more?

After 1945 we have:
    -Corea
    -Vietnam
    -Egypt
    -Palestine
    -Israel
    -Lebanon
    -Iran
    -Afghanistan
    -Chechnya
    -Moldova
    -Ethiopia
    -Liberia
    -Argentina
    -Cambodia
    -Irak
    -Ukraine
    -Syria
    and many,many other "fine revolutions" all over the world.

And all these "to make the world a better place". Interesting way of doing.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st March 2017), BMJ (16th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2017)

25. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Here is an extended interview of Mike King, the author of the above book, by David Duke:
    A couple of Avalon's long standing members have quietly suggested to me that I should not have posted this interview of Mike King, because the interviewer, David Duke, is (my paraphrasing) so racist that no good can come of giving anything he says or does any standing. It's also been suggested to me that Hitler was so evil that (my paraphrasing again) I would be well advised to never say anything good about him. Even if it were true that Hitler had a dog who liked him, I should best never mention that either.

===

My present (no doubt changing) view is that the occult (truly hidden from plain sight) elite bastards who have treated humanity with such a heavy hand for so many millenia are currently working through a number of blood-line families, secret societies, intelligence agencies, major and/or central banks, major corporations (defense, agriculture, news media, pharmaceuticals, energy, ...), universities and churches. Some of these families and institutions are what might be called fascist, some zionist, and so forth. I see a major line of continuity between Germany's World War II fascist/nazi regime under Hitler, and the Nixon/Kissinger/Bush/Clinton/Obama/... dominant political families and individuals in the US over the last half century. Former President George H.W. Bush's father, Prescott Bush, was a major supporter of Hitler, and to this day, the destruction of the Ukraine national government over the last two or three years carries forth the same "Nazi" inspired radical violence, under covert NATO and US State Dept direction.

The "main stream" view is that Hitler was an extraordinary and exceptional case of evil, and that the Democrats vs Republicans in the US has been just a case of ordinary politics, conducted by sometimes decent, sometimes unusually deceitful and scummy politicians. However there is (supposedly) such a great difference between the level of evil of a Hitler, versus say a Kissinger, that to label Kissinger a Nazi is a conversation stopper, not a point of discussion worthy of further consideration. When the more partisan on one side of the current political divide put Hitler mustaches on pictures of a leader of the other side, this is intended to provoke a visceral disgust with that leader (in some viewers) and typically also provokes a visceral disgust with such over the top rhetoric in viewers of the opposite persuasion.

Calm thinking and research into whatever truth might lie beneath the mountain of lies we're constantly being fed pretty much ceases, for those on either side, once the "He's Hitler" meme is spat in our faces.

The images of a fascist Hitler, or a racist David Duke, or an anti-Semetic radical Muslim, are energized weapons of mass mental destruction.

Certain individuals and groups are turned into mental cyanide for the consciousness of humanity. They are made into pariahs, able to empty any room, any forum thread, of considered thought and careful research.

===

Thus is the banning of books justified to the public. Thus is the continuity of the evils manifest under such banners as fascism, and the deep ties of present day leaders to those evils, hidden from our collective view, behind such stink bombs assaulting our collective consciousness.

In a similar vein, investigating whether the majority of such dastardly elites are male is denounced as sexist, or whether it is (apparently) more common for the agents of the dastardly elite to come from Jewish ancestry than from, say, Methodist ancestry, is denounced as being anti-Semetic. Such charges are yet more examples of ways in which polarizing emotional appeals and accusations are used to derail careful consideration of the complex, layered, ever changing, situations in which we find ourselves.

===

The remedy, in my rather firm view, is to continue to discuss, continue to honor the free speech and independent views of others, and continue to defuse these emotional stink bombs, rather than pussy foot around them.

When the vultures of war have sown my land with mines, I do not pussy foot around those areas of my land, hoping not to step on any of them (well, being a wimp, I might do that for a little while.) Rather I hire, or learn to become myself, a good sapper (bomb defuser), to locate and remove the landmines. If I do not do thus, those landmines will doubtlessly remain, putting the lives of my children and grandchildren at risk.

I suggest (strongly encourage) not avoiding the most explosive topics, but rather studying them slowly and carefully, as one would examine an unexploded bomb, the better to defuse it, without blowing too much up.

===

Let us work together, to defuse some of the landmines of the mind that have been sown about the mental landscape of humanity oh these many eons.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 21st March 2017 at 20:38.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st March 2017), Beren (21st March 2017), BMJ (21st March 2017), Bruno (21st March 2017), Ewan (21st March 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st March 2017), JRS (21st March 2017), Kristin (21st March 2017), seko (22nd March 2017), Shannon (23rd March 2017)

27. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

The "main stream" view is that Hitler was an extraordinary and exceptional case
    The remedy, in my rather firm view, is to continue discuss, continue to honor the free speech and independent views of others, and continue to defuse these emotional stink bombs, rather than pussy foot around them.
    [...]
    Let us work together, to defuse some of the landmines of the mind that have been sown about the mental landscape of humanity oh these many eons.
    Great post Paul.

Turkey's leader Erdogan is in the news now for saying that Germany is behaving like the Nazi regime again, and the topic is so taboo in Germany that German officials don't even know how to respond. It's like their brains are melting down at the emotional overload, because, as you say, the topic has become emotionally charged to the point of shutting down any critical thought. Hitler has become a caricature of evil personified outside of all proportion to Stalin or Mao or Pol Pot or Hirohito or any number of other examples of brutal dictators.

I was talking to a Russian friend of mine and was shocked to learn that many people actually still look back to Stalin as a sort of national hero, and have no shame about him. This is the man who is supposed to have killed more than three times as many innocent people as Hitler.

If peoples' emotional reactions were proportional to the actual amount of innocent lives these kinds of leaders have taken, comparisons to Stalin should generate more than 3 times the amount of outrage as comparisons to Hitler, and comparisons to Mao should generate much more outrage. But it doesn't work like that because emotions and calm logical reasoning are two completely different things. Politicians are better at manipulating peoples' feelings than they are hard facts.

Reminds me of this:

Obviously these people are at the height of their mental faculties. Right?

28. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Calm thinking and research into whatever truth might lie beneath the mountain of lies we're constantly being fed pretty much ceases, for those on either side, once the "He's Hitler" meme is spat in our faces.

The images of a fascist Hitler, or a racist David Duke, or an anti-Semetic radical Muslim, are energized weapons of mass mental destruction.

Certain individuals and groups are turned into mental cyanide for the consciousness of humanity. They are made into pariahs, able to empty any room, any forum thread, of considered thought and careful research.

The remedy, in my rather firm view, is to continue discuss, continue to honor the free speech and independent views of others, and continue to defuse these emotional stink bombs, rather than pussy foot around them.

I suggest (strongly encourage) not avoiding the most explosive topics, but rather studying them slowly and carefully, as one would examine an unexploded bomb, the better to defuse it....
    Fantastic summary Paul, and I second your sentiments.

An example of the case in point regarding your post #4 video "Adolf Hitler - The Greatest Story NEVER Told".

I posted this back in 7/22/2016 at the time I thought it would be controversial and interesting point of discussion, I waited and waited and all I could hear was the sound of silence.

I realized soon enough I had over stepped a community boundary and this topic was a taboo subject. (But I do not regret posting this video at all).

Link: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1083374

Truth is a victim of politics and so humanity suffers for this injustice.
    Last edited by BMJ; 21st March 2017 at 13:55.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (22nd March 2017), Ewan (21st March 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st March 2017), Shannon (23rd March 2017), ThePythonicCow (21st March 2017)

30. Link to Post #58
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Looking closer into those sold as "War Heroes"...

'Winston Churchill is no better than Adolf Hitler,' states Indian politician Dr Shashi Tharoor

Maya Oppenheim The Independent
    Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:44 UTC

© Rohit Jain Paras

Dr Tharoor, a former Under-Secretary General of the UN, says the blame for the Bengal Famine rests with Churchill

'Churchill has as much blood on his hands as Hitler does,' says author

An Indian politician has said Winston Churchill is no better than Adolf Hitler and the two leaders have equivalent amounts of "blood" on their hands.

Dr Shashi Tharoor, whose new book Inglorious Empire chronicles the atrocities of the British Empire, said the former British Prime Minister should be remembered alongside the most prominent dictators of the twentieth century.

Dr Tharoor, a former Under-Secretary General of the UN, said the blame for the Bengal Famine rested with Churchill. In 1943, up to four million Bengalis starved to death when Churchill diverted food to British soldiers and countries such as Greece while a deadly famine swept through Bengal.

"This is the man who the British insist on hailing as some apostle of freedom and democracy," the author said of Churchill at a launch of his book. "When to my mind he is really one of the more evil rulers of the 20th century only fit to stand in company of the likes of Hitler, Mao and Stalin".

"Churchill has as much blood on his hands as Hitler does," the Indian MP said. "Particularly the decisions that he personally signed off during The Bengal Famine when 4.3 million people died because of the decisions he took or endorsed."

"Not only did the British pursue its own policy of not helping the victims of this famine which was created by their policies. Churchill persisted in exporting grain to Europe, not to feed actual 'Sturdy Tommies', to use his phrase, but add to the buffer stocks that were being piled up in the event of a future invasion of Greece and Yugoslavia".

"Ships laden with wheat were coming in from Australia docking in Calcutta and were instructed by Churchill not to disembark their cargo but sail on to Europe," he added. "And when conscience-stricken British officials wrote to the Prime Minister in London pointing out that his policies were causing needless loss of life all he could do was write peevishly in the margin of the report, 'Why hasn't Gandhi died yet?'"

Talking about the Bengal famine in 1943, the Prime Minister who led Britain to victory in World War Two, said: "I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion. The famine was their own fault for breeding like rabbits."

Dr Tharoor, a former Indian government minister, rose to prominence after his impassioned speech at the Oxford Union in July of 2015 went viral. In the address, he discussed the economic toll British rule took on India.

He said: "India's share of the world economy when Britain arrived on it shores was 23 per cent. By the time the British left it was down to below four per cent. Why? Simply because India had been governed for the benefit of Britain. Britain's rise for 200 years was financed by its depredations in India."

"In fact, Britain's industrial revolution was actually premised upon the de-industrialisation of India."

Dr Tharoor recently gained headlines for suggesting Britons suffer "historical amnesia" over the atrocities and plunder committed by the empire.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (22nd March 2017), Baby Steps (21st March 2017), BMJ (22nd March 2017), Ewan (21st March 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st March 2017), seko (22nd March 2017), Shannon (23rd March 2017), Sierra (22nd March 2017), ThePythonicCow (21st March 2017)

32. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

"The Greatest Story Never Told" is no longer available due to Epic Elites!

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (22nd March 2017), BMJ (22nd March 2017), Hervé (21st March 2017), Shannon (23rd March 2017)

34. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    "The Greatest Story Never Told" is no longer available due to Epic Elites!
    Hi Foxie,
    If you are mentioning the video I referred to in post #57, that video is exactly the same as the video in post #4. As you suggested it's not something tptw want anyone to see and it gets censored often.
    Last edited by BMJ; 23rd March 2017 at 18:16.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (22nd March 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2017), Shannon (23rd March 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast