+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 3 13 20 LastLast

Thread: "Climate Change" (AKA "Global Warming")... is it a scam?

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: "Climate Change" (AKA "Global Warming")... is it a scam?

Perfectly blue skies out, and suddenly I was watching a white streak paint straight across the sky above me...

Koch is just reminding me he doesn't answer to Trump...

2. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Australia Weather Bureau Caught Tampering With Climate Numbers

Australian scientists at the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) ordered a review of temperature recording instruments after the government agency was caught tampering with temperature logs in several locations.

read all here

Is this sort of news still news?
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Cidersomerset (29th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd August 2017), Innocent Warrior (1st August 2017), Mad Hatter (2nd September 2017), Noelle (23rd August 2017), TargeT (22nd September 2017)

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Big data finds the Medieval Warm Period – no denial here

Quote So, our new technical paper in GeoResJ (vol. 14, pages 36-46) will likely be ignored. Because after applying the latest big data technique to six 2,000 year-long proxy-temperature series we cannot confirm that recent warming is anything but natural – what might have occurred anyway, even if there was no industrial revolution.
    read the rest by clicking the headline above.

and another article on the study -

Delingpole: Global Warming Is Almost Entirely Natural, Study Confirms
    Last edited by Chester; 22nd August 2017 at 20:12.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Ewan (3rd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd August 2017), Mad Hatter (2nd September 2017), Noelle (23rd August 2017)

6. Link to Post #44
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

When asked what I think of climate change I always say the same thing: it's true. The notion of change is intrinsic to climate. When asked what I think should be done about it I also always answer the same way: about what? If they add, about man-made climate change, I reply: stop raping the land.

Man has affected the local climate for many millennia primarily by incorrect land husbandry, it is nothing new.

In this instance and perhaps many others throughout history the rape was in the name of energy, either in the form of food, fuel, or power. Instead of sound stewardship and careful implementation of sustainable and non-lethal projects, the sources of energy have always been rapidly depleted until gone, regardless of consequences. Then the weather would change - and the climate, and the people either adapted, died or moved on.

I suspect this time is no different, except perhaps there is nowhere left to move to on this earth. But even though that seems to leave only one option, it does not. We can adapt.

The oilmen knew almost fifty years ago that the glory days were all but gone, and that what was left was the dregs of their former wells and already tapped fields. They have sequestered alternative modes of energy production and gathered the political will to go empire building, to secure more oil from abroad. With their political base firmly established they will now enter the final arm of their strategy: secure a lucrative fall back position as they divest of their former holdings in oil and gas. Thus the carbon tax, a sound adaptation on the part of the oilmen. Make money on it coming out of the ground and make money as it falls back out of the air.

When all is in turmoil and the populace are clamouring for a solution, when enough hardship has weakened the will of the people, when the mass riots turn from the empty supermarkets to city halls, then a new source of power will suddenly be found.

Or they may have their bases and select citizenry already established deep underground and on various extra-terrestrial worlds in the solar system and beyond. In which case we're on our own.

We will be forced to adapt. How that plays out is anyone's guess.

Bottom line? I'm all for climate change but I will not pay for it to arrive.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Blacklight43 (2nd September 2017), BMJ (13th October 2017), Chester (24th August 2017), Cidersomerset (29th September 2017), Ewan (3rd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd August 2017), Mad Hatter (2nd September 2017), Noelle (23rd August 2017)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

all other planet are heating up too, so it seems to be a solar system phenomena:

Entire solar system is heating up! Scientists blame solar warming
    Nothing is stable, including the solar system. New evidence suggests the solar system is moving into a new energy zone which is altering the magnetic fields of the planets.
    There is reason to believe Earth is not the only planet in the solar system undergoing climate change, meaning CO2 emissions are not the primary force responsible for the rise in global temperatures. Growth of the dark spots in Pluto, reports of auroras on Saturn, polar shifts in Uranus and changes in light intensity of Neptune suggests something very strange is happening in the solar system.
    Many scientists suspect that the solar system has migrated to a region of the galaxy with high energy. We have the illusion that the sun is a nebulous ball of gas fixated in the sky that the rest of the solar system dances around. In reality, the sun is one star among many sitting on the outskirts of the Milky Way, hurtling through space at 72,000 kilometers per hour. Although the total amount of energy within the universe is conserved, pockets of energy in the Milky Way vary in intensity. The solar system may have rolled into one of these highly active regions.
    Sun’s magnetic field increases in strength
    The warming of the entire solar system has been supported by some scientists. One dramatic shift that is taking place is the strength of the sun’s electromagnetic field. According to a study by Dr. Mike at Lockwood Rutherford Appleton National Laboratories, in California, the sun’s magnetic field has increased by 230 percent within the last 100 years. The energetic changes in the sun radiate outward though solar wind, thereby increasing the charge of interstellar space.(1)
    Another piece of evidence in favor of solar change is the sudden rise in galactic star dust. Ulysses, a space probe, has been monitoring the amount of star dust flowing through the solar system since 1992. The sun’s magnetic field impacts how much star dust drifts through the solar system. The magnetic field attracts more star dust as it strengthens.
    Overflow of star dust in solar system
    A reverse in the sun’s magnetic poles has opened the flood gates: the solar system is experiencing an overflow of star dust. The sun reverses its magnetic polarity every eleven years. The reversal takes place during the solar maxim, which is the peak of the 11 year solar cycle. As the sun’s magnetic field grows, it attracts more dust. Consequently, the amount of star dust in the solar system has increased three fold since 2003, which is heating up interstellar space.(2)
    What is puzzling scientists is the amount of star dust that continues to flood the solar system even though the sun has calmed down. Scientists believe the sun’s polarity may have not completely reversed in 2001. Instead of reversing, from north to south, the poles may have flipped only half-way and now reside along the sun’s equator. This weaker configuration of the sun’s magnetic field has allowed two to three times more star dust to enter the solar system than in the late 1990s.(2)
    The warming of Pluto
    Another affirmation of solar change comes from Pluto. Pluto resides on the icy outskirts of the solar system near a giant shell of astronomical bodies know as the Oort Cloud. Although Pluto resides in the coolest regions of the solar system, the dwarf planet is heating up. Specifically, Pluto’s atmospheric pressure has increased by 300 percent, which is more than any other planet in the solar system. Even more paradoxical, Pluto’s atmosphere is becoming denser as it travels farther away from the sun. Due to this, scientists suspect Pluto is at the forefront of a high energy region of the galaxy that the solar system is beginning to reside in.
    Their is no doubt that human activity is impacting climate change. Nevertheless, there are other forces outside the solar system that are effecting climate inside the solar system. Whatever the case may be, Earth can expect a rough ride as it travels through foreign warm waters.

source:
    http://www.space.news/2015-10-06-ent...r-warming.html

more info:
    http://www.theeventchronicle.com/med...230-stronger/#
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread221608/pg1

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Chester (24th August 2017), Cidersomerset (29th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd August 2017), KiwiElf (29th September 2017), Mad Hatter (2nd September 2017), Noelle (23rd August 2017)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

I'm always astounded that humans in all of their so called intelligence and wisdom left out one major thing out from equations or just dismissed it as mostly irrevelant. That is of course the greatest dynamo near us, our dear sun. To claim that it isn't nearly completely responsible for our climate and it's changes is just ignorance taken almost to a moronic level. Which makes me question if it's only ignorance, deceit comes to mind too. Then again, I often have expected more from people when it comes to wisdom and have been highly dissapointed so who knows.

When in the very near future people will be freezing to death en masse, I wonder if the high popes of science still will claim it's man made global warming which is causing it. I'm sure the likes Al Gore will be enjoying his mansions and money thanks to the climate fraud.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Blacklight43 (23rd August 2017), Chester (24th August 2017), Cidersomerset (29th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd August 2017), Mad Hatter (2nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (24th September 2017), Noelle (23rd August 2017), TargeT (22nd September 2017), uzn (22nd August 2017)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Post meant as a joke, but might be misunderstood!
    Last edited by Foxie Loxie; 1st October 2017 at 17:02. Reason: Mods; please remove. I meant it as a joke, but might be misunderstood.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Chester (24th August 2017), Cidersomerset (29th September 2017), Mad Hatter (2nd September 2017), Noelle (23rd August 2017), TargeT (22nd September 2017), uzn (24th August 2017), Wind (24th August 2017)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 700 posts

Mad Hatter dons his quizzical cap...

So, GreywolfBG... you are of a similar vintage to me thus would have lived through (admittedly in your early teens) the 'we are all going to die in the impending ice age scenario'.

Obviously neither of us did so, thus given that load of hyped up BS for the times I am curious as to why you so ardently believe in the what to me appears to be a repeat performance fine tuned to match the current... um... warming cycle?

Given your posts appear to reflect a level of intelligence indicating you have researched the matter in some depth and come to the conclusion(s) you obviously have, I am also curious to know if your deliberations included downloading and scrutinising the 'Climategate' email dump? If not, why not?

If you did then I'd like to know what you made of the comments within the modelling code which clearly indicated to me (given an IT background) the alarming potential for shall we say 'fudge factoring'... just the sort of thing that gave the world Manns hokey schtick.

Since then I have also wanted to know if within the current modelling code there is an allowance for regular inputs into the ionosphere of 3.5 GIGAWATTS of microwave power from but one of some purported 100+ installations planet wide capable of such things and here I am talking about H.A.A.R.P. type stations. No one seems to mention it, now why would that be? To test an 800 watt microwave oven you simply see if it boils a cup of water at the end of a two minute period.

Personally I find it hard to believe that within the purported 90% of scientists involved in the consensus viewpoint (not that consensus has anything to do with real science), that not a one has flagged that just maybe regular pummeling of parts of our atmosphere with potentially upwards of 300 Giga watts of microwave energy might be having some effect and if not on climate then at least the potential for changing the weather?

Is this down to ignorance on the part of all those scientists? I think not, for some yes, but it does beg the question of moral fortitude for those that are aware. Still if the gravy train is big enough I suppose the dilemma of what to do in Rome can arise...

For me answers to real world situations are invariably obtained via the maxim 'Cui Bono' and assuming you have an open mind on the subject if you are not familiar with a particularly sociapathic anthropoid known as 'Maurice Strong' you might like to factor him into your future deliberations on this subject matter. He was a prominent member of a body of like minded psychopaths collectively referred to as 'The Club of Rome' from which I will leave you with one of my favourite quotes as food for thought...

The common enemy of humanity is man. In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome.The real enemy then, is humanity itself."

cheers
    MH

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mad Hatter For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th September 2017), Ewan (3rd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd September 2017), Hervé (24th September 2017), Jayke (2nd September 2017)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,631 times in 18,693 posts

Amusing item by Tucker Carlson it shows the hypocrisy of the celebrity/political
    climate scarer's aprox 8mims 20 secs in he makes his point on the climate topic....

Whether Climate change is happening or not there is always one rule for the
    elites and wealthy and another for the mass's let alone what the military uses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bill Nye who is a sceptic on most things except climate change uhm!

Tucker Carlson vs Bill Nye On Climate Change
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdjfc0w4q7s
    Published on 4 Sep 2017
    Tucker Carlson vs Bill Nye On Climate Change

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Rogan on Bill Nye & Climate Change .....Joe points out Bill Nye is an engineer
    not a science expert, but an enthusiastic amateur paid to promote an agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qr-rs7ldJo

Published on 21 Aug 2017
    Joe Rogan talks about Bill Nye and the issue of climate change becoming an
    ideological one. Featuring Mike Baker.

Taken from Joe Rogan Experience #1001.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Rogan & Ben Shapiro discuss Trump's Stance on Climate Change
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvI2NH9-0aM

Pub 2nd Aug 2017
    Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro talk about climate change and how much the left wing
    leftist liberals exaggerate it without having evidence. Rogan says he is worried
    about Donald Trump's view that the economy is more important than the
    environment, but Shapiro somewhat defends Trump's views on climate change. Joe
    Rogan and Ben Shapiro also talk about Bill Nye's stance on climate change and Al
    Gore's documentary on climate change, as well as the left using climate change
    denier as an attack on the right. Joe Rogan says that he thinks there is an issue
    with how much we pollute and mess up the planet, while Shapiro thinks the left
    have exaggerated the effects of human induced climate change on the planet on
    the Joe Rogan podcast, JRE 993.
    Joe Rogan & Ben Shapiro discuss Donald Trump's stance on Climate Change -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvI2N...
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 22nd September 2017 at 18:19.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Chester (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th September 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018), Noelle (22nd September 2017)

18. Link to Post #50
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Climate science and their money making scam

Tony Heller The Deplorable Climate Science Blog
    Fri, 22 Sep 2017 22:05 UTC

Forty years ago, the front page of the Chicago Tribune featured astrologer Jeanne Dixon, and a warning that the West Antarctic Ice Sheet was going to collapse and drown us all. That was during the global cooling scare.

© Chicago Tribune Archive

It was one of the coldest winters on record in the US. It snowed in Miami, and they blamed the Polar Vortex and California drought on global cooling.

© The National Geographic Archive

The National Science Foundation Program Manager said that in 1977 that collapse of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet nothing to do with a warmer climate.
    "We're doing about the most we can do right now to study the possible collapse of the west ice sheet," said Dr. Richard Cameron, NSF program manager for glaciology.

'We're seeing the West ice sheet on its way out," said Cameron. "It seems to be doing something completely different than the east ice sheet. It has nothing to do with a warmer climate, just the dynamics of unstable ice."

© Chicago Tribune

The West Antarctic Ice Sheet retreated 30 miles from 1840 to 1930, when CO2 was below 300 PPM.

© The Queenslander

A Warmer World.

SOME great world change is taking place on the Antarctic Continent. Its glaciers are shrinking. Commander L.A. Bernacchi, who visited the South Polar land 30 years ago, says that the Great Ice Barrier which fronts the continent with a wall of ice for 250 miles has receded at least 30 miles since it was first seen and surveyed. Sir James Ross, who went out on the earliest Antarctic expedition of the nineteenth century, and those who fol lowed him, left clear descriptions of this tremendous ice frontage and its position. It was a cliff 150ft. high and 1000ft. thick. But now it appears to be continuing its century-long process of shrinking; and that process may have been going on for centuries.
    But facts, history and data don't make any difference to climate alarmists. They have a huge money making scam to maintain, and will say anything to keep their criminal venture alive.

© Google Search
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Chester (24th September 2017), Cidersomerset (26th September 2017), fourty-two (25th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th September 2017), KiwiElf (29th September 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018), Michelle Marie (24th September 2017), Mike Gorman (11th December 2018), uzn (24th September 2017)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

The Richie Allen Show on Davidicke.com: Julie Kelly - 'Climate Change
    Is About Higher Taxes, More Government & NOT About Science'

By Andrew Cheetham on 26 September 2017 GMT Richie Allen Radio Show

Published on 26 Sep 2017

==================================================
    ==================================================

Calls to punish skeptics rise with links to climate change and hurricanes

By Andrew Cheetham on 26 September 2017 GMT

THE WASHINGTON TIMES....

Calls to punish skeptics rise with links to climate change and hurricanes

read more..
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ent-for-skept/

====================================================

When Leo met Trump: DiCaprio slams politicians' 'willful ignorance and inaction' on
    global warming after the president ignored his 'comprehensive plan to tackle
    climate change'

By Andrew Cheetham on 22 September 2017 GMT

read more...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-warming.html

Climate Change Just Changed

By Andrew Cheetham. D Icke.com on 25 September 2017 GMT

Published on 23 Sep 2017
    Mutiny on the SS Global Warming, Perpetrated by the Top Ranked "Sailors on that vessel"
    Carbon Effect Paper: https://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v...
    Solar Data: https://www.geosci-model-dev.net/10/2...
    2018 Conference Page: http://www.observatoryproject.com/otf...
    Conference Speakers: https://youtu.be/DtyEL2OI1Bc
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 26th September 2017 at 14:12.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th September 2017), KiwiElf (29th September 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018), Michelle Marie (28th November 2017), uzn (26th September 2017)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

This is an interesting take on the effect on the US military and how
    its open to widespread financial abuse as the swamp dwellers do
    the corporates bidding . Making plenty of $'s promoting 'green'
    fuels that cost 9 times as much as conventional ones and more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Climate Change" Is Putting Fear In The Department Of Defense

Published on 28 Sep 2017
    Dr. Bonner Cohen joins to talk about how General Mattis has been falling
    into the climate hoax and how the military has unlimited spending.

Follow David Knight On Twitter: https://twitter.com/libertytarian

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (29th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th September 2017), KiwiElf (29th September 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018)

24. Link to Post #53
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

At the very least, charging us - we the people - in the form of a "carbon tax" is very much the scam. Where does the money go and exactly WHAT will it fix? (About as pointless as charging people for the use of the Sun or air!) Oooops - I shouldn't joke... "they're" already charging for water!
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 29th September 2017 at 09:00.

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    At the very least, charging us - we the people - in the form of a "carbon tax" is very much the scam. Where does the money go and exactly WHAT will it fix? (About as pointless as charging people for the use of the Sun or air!) Oooops - I shouldn't joke... "they're" already charging for water!
    There was something simular to an "Air-tax" on the Irish by the British some decades ago. If the Irish wanted more Windows they had to pay more "Window-tax".
    It was called the Window tax.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_tax

Don´t say they are not imaginative.

When letting in sunshine could cost you money.
    First imposed in England in 1696, Window Tax was repealed in 1851 after campaigners argued that it was a 'tax on health', and a 'tax on light and air', as well as being an unequal tax with the greatest burden on the middle and lower classes.
    Originally introduced to make up for losses caused by clipping of coinage during the reign of William III, the tax was based on the number of windows in a house.
    It was a banded tax. For instance, in 1747 for a house with ten to fourteen windows, the tax stood at 6d. per window, fifteen to nineteen windows, 9d., and exceeding twenty or more, 1s.. The tax was raised six times between 1747 and 1808. By then the lowest band started at six windows. This was raised in 1825 to eight windows.
    The window tax was relatively easy to assess and collect as windows are clearly visible from the street.
    As early as 1718 it was noted that there was a decline in revenue raised by the tax due to windows being blocked up. It was also observed that new houses were being built with fewer windows. In 1851, it was reported that the production of glass since 1810 remained almost the same despite the large increase population and building of new houses.
    The complaints from the medical profession and enlightened individuals rapidly grew as the industrial revolution and urbanisation created mass housing and crowded cities, and raised the spectre of epidemics. They argued that the lack of windows tended to create dark, damp tenements which were a source of disease and ill-health.
    The campaigners eventually won the argument and in 1851 the Act was repealed and replaced by a house tax. Punch Magazine celebrated its repeal with the cartoon shown above.
    A tax on windows was also used in Scotland and France.

Source:
    http://www.historyhouse.co.uk/articles/window_tax.html
    Last edited by uzn; 29th September 2017 at 09:15.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Cidersomerset (29th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th September 2017), genevieve (1st October 2017), KiwiElf (29th September 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018), Michelle Marie (28th November 2017)

27. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

A tax on windows?!!! Who knew?!!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th September 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018), Michelle Marie (28th November 2017), uzn (29th September 2017)

29. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote A tax on windows?!!! Who knew?!!
    There have been many tax's that have come and gone over the centuries and some
    supposed temporary ones like income tax brought in during WW1 has become
    permanent and ever increasing. The most recent in the UK , 'Bedroom' tax which
    is seen mainly a tax on the lower social end of society who rent from the various
    council authorities. The aim is to not have spare bedrooms , so that if you live in a
    four bed house and only have one child you have pay extra for the empty rooms.
    Or move to a smaller house , which sounds great in a accountants office but can be
    a social upheaval to the people involved , who may have live in an area while their
    family grew up and do not wish to leave .

A Brief History of....Window Tax brought in by King William 111 in 1696

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGE98o4WnnQ

It also spread to France and Spain....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z22B8VNcV0

People got around the tax by bricking up windows...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-benefits.html
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 29th September 2017 at 15:40.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th September 2017), genevieve (1st October 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018), Michelle Marie (28th November 2017), uzn (29th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Of all the.....

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Mad Hatter (29th November 2018), Michelle Marie (28th November 2017)

33. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

My current opinions:
    - We are adding a lot of CO2 to the atmosphere that normally wouldn't have been contributed if not for all the increased industrial activity over the past century or two.
    - CO2 does contribute to a "greenhouse" effect

What I don't know:
    - Is that extra amount going to tip the scales and cause some kind of huge problem to life on earth?

What I care about:
    1. Do we have a climate problem coming our way that could ruin this planet's ability to harbor life? If not then I'll move on to the next subject that catches my interest.

2. If the answer to concern number 1 is yes, then concern number 2 becomes: Is there anything mankind can do to change the course/prevent this climate problem that's coming? If the answer is no, then I'll stop stressing about that as well, and move on to the next subject that interests me. (After I buy an underground shelter, of course.)

3. If the answer to concern number 2 is yes, then I guess I'm interested in the shenanigans that people might be running in order to make money off the situation. Much like how we don't care about preventing cancer. We want earth to get cancer, that way we can profit from the treatment it'll need to "fight" it.
    Last edited by Joe Akulis; 29th September 2017 at 17:52.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th September 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018)

35. Link to Post #59
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Joe Akulis (here)
    My current opinions:
    - We are adding a lot of CO2 to the atmosphere that normally wouldn't have been contributed if not for all the increased industrial activity over the past century or two.
    - CO2 does contribute to a "greenhouse" effect
    we can agree to disagree on CO2 and it's "greenhouse makery"

But, it also turns out we underestimated the amount of c02 release allowed by humans before we hit hte "1.5*" shift marker (touted as "the end" by global warming believers)... by 50%... which is... A LOT.

So lets just toss C02 out the window? (do c02 levels TRAIL or LEAD warming trends (hint: they trail)).

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (2nd October 2017), Chester (5th October 2017), Cidersomerset (4th October 2017), Ewan (11th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st October 2017), Hervé (2nd October 2017), Jayke (1st October 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018), seko (2nd October 2017), Wind (2nd October 2017)

37. Link to Post #60
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Don’t let them con you – It has been cooling for 8,000 years

by Robert October 1, 2017

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Expanded record of temperature change since the end of the last glacial period Source of graph (I added the red arrow):
    Last edited by Hervé; 2nd October 2017 at 13:51.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (2nd October 2017), Chester (5th October 2017), Cidersomerset (4th October 2017), Ewan (11th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2017), Mad Hatter (29th November 2018), Michelle Marie (30th October 2017), seko (2nd October 2017), uzn (30th October 2017), Wind (2nd October 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 3 13 20 LastLast