+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates in two days (on 15 Mar 2017)

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Default Re: Why the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates in two days (on 15 Mar 2017)

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Karma Ninja (here)
    It appears Paul was on to something ...
    That ... or I was on something .

I only got two out of three of my calls - the Fed and the (easy call) debt ceiling. Far-Right Dutch MP Geert Wilders FAILED to make inroads in general election.
    It seems that whatever initial report I had read about the Dutch election was misleading. Dutch MP Geert Wilders party did gain some seats, and the leading party lost quite a few seats.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th March 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Default Re: Why the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates in two days (on 15 Mar 2017)

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    It seems that whatever initial report I had read about the Dutch election was misleading. Dutch MP Geert Wilders party did gain some seats, and the leading party lost quite a few seats.
    This quote, from the Brietbart article Analysts: Geert Wilders Force to be Reckoned With After Dutch Elections seems to do a good job of explaining what happened in the Dutch election:

===========
    THE HAGUE (AFP) – Geert Wilders may have been beaten into second place in the Dutch elections but the far-right MP will enjoy a magnified role in parliament and remain a force to be reckoned with, analysts said.

While he failed in his aim of starting a “patriotic revolution,” Wilders has already succeeded in shifting the debate and the tone in Dutch politics on immigration and integration, observers said.

Campaigning on an anti-Islam ticket, the peroxide-haired politician saw his hopes wilt from an all-time high in January when opinion polls had said he could win as many as 37 seats in the 150-seat Dutch lower chamber.

Instead, he captured a more sobering 20 seats in Wednesday’s general elections, behind the 33 won by the Liberal party of Prime Minister Mark Rutte, but enough to place his Freedom Party (PVV) second.

“It would have been great if we were the largest, but we’re willing to talk and help govern. That’s my hope,” Wilders told journalists Thursday.
    ===========

There's more detail in this article.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (18th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th March 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2