+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are Canadians Friends or Foe?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Default Are Canadians Friends or Foe?

It was a beautiful morning in December, 2010. My wife and I decided to go to Greatfalls for a day of shopping.The trip to Coutts was uneventful. At Milk River we ran into fog and it steadily got worse as we got to the Coutts/Sweetgrass border crossing. There were only two vehicles in front of us. This was excellent since we wouldn't be at the border too long. At the US side we were greeted by the border patrol and he asked how many people in the car? Where are we going? What are you going to be doing in Greatfalls? How long are you going to be gone? Are you taking anything into the US to leave? Are you taking any fruit into the US? How much money do you have with you in US dollars and Canadian Dollars? I answered all the questions truthfully and then we were told that we were must go inside for a spot check. He kept our passports and took them inside the building. We complied. When we went inside the US border/Homeland Security building we were told by the officer to go into the "glass room". It's actually a cell (Cage) with one side facing us having glass. Two sides are walls and the side toward the officers has a heavy steel mess wall from the ceiling to about 3-4 inches off the counter. All the walls whether steel, glass or normal walls are right to the ceiling. There is a video camera facing the benches in the Cage. Once inside you are locked in by the self locking door. You are in a prison cell or Cage even though the officers call it the "glass room". I was wondering why we were put into this room? The officer who told us to go into the "glass room" asked another couple and us to take out everything from all our pockets and put it into a basket provided. All of us did this. The officer then took the baskets and put them on the filing cabinet behind him. He gave both couples a form to fill out like an entry form you get on an airplane going into a country. We filled it out and waited. He eventually came back and made sure that the form was filled out correctly and completely. He reviewed the form with us and asked us if there was any changes we would like to make? He told us to sit down and wait and that he was going to search our vehicles. ( I was wondering why he or they would NOT let us be there when he or they searched our vehicles. Remember we are locked inside a Cage.) While waiting another officer came with another form. He told us that we needed to fill out an agriculture survey in regards to being on a farm or by animals etc. He filled in the form for both couples in the Cage. Finally the fellow came back that was searching our vehicles. It seemed like along time but was probably approximately 15 minutes. He informed us that we could have our baskets of items from our pockets back and could go once he unlocked the locked door with a buzzer. When we got out we were then given back our passports and told we could go.
    My question is why do we have to be locked inside a Cage? Why can't we be asked the questions and fill out the form and survey over the counter like friends?
    Why aren't the answers given to the first officer good enough since he has access to our complete life by means of giving him our passports? Why does the search of our vehicle have to be hidden from us? Why can't we be there when they search our vehicle? Is there something wrong with Canadians going to shop in the USA? Is this the price tourist have to pay in order to spend money in Montana or the USA? Is taking cash to buy things in the USA against the law even though you are allowed to take $10,000 dollars cash or less in all currencies? Is it because we are going in the fog which was no choice of our own? After being across the border many, many, many times in my life I still wonder why we are treated like we are not welcome to the USA,
    I find it ironic that the day before which would have been December 3, 2010 we were at a Christmas tradeshow and Farmers Market Christmas show in Lethbridge, Alberta. A lady from Columbia Falls, Montana was wanting us to come to Montana to spend time skiing and enjoying what Montana has to offer. I told her that my wife and I were going to be going to Greatfalls the next day. I asked if she was treated well at the Canadian border crossing and she said definitely. She did have to go inside to show the tradeshow items but that was it. I asked her if she was aware of the troubles Canadians have getting into the USA?
    She was not aware until I mentioned that we are not treated like tourist but more like people who have done something wrong and don't know what that is......My question to the USA and Montana is " Are Canadians Friends or Foe?
    It's not worth going into a Locked Cage. At the border we apparently lose all of our rights just to spend money in a country that is suppose to be our friend but locks us up in a Cage. Do you want to be locked up in a Locked Cage with your kids or other family members for the priviledge to enter the USA ? From talking to a number of people they too have been locked in the Cage while just trying to cross the border. Anyone with a criminal record cannot cross the border now so why must honest people be locked in a Cage?
    I would like an answer since if you don't want us coming to spend money, buy fuel, stay in hotels, airline flights, be snow birds, buy products, go to recreational spots like skiing, Las Vegas, Disneyland, buy equipment and help the economy then just tell me and I will let everyone in Canada know that you don't want us to come to your country. From the way Canadians are treated at the border you definitely wouldn't think we are welcome!

A Tourist and Purchaser of US Products

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Deega (21st December 2010), Harley (22nd December 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Default Re: Are Canadians Friends or Foe?

Welcome to the newest Facist States of America where We the People are our own enemies.

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 504 posts

Welcome Chancy. I don't think the American government likes us too much. The American people love us though.
    There will come a day when we know our true history.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianEn For This Post:

Harley (22nd December 2010)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    It was a beautiful morning in December, 2010. My wife and I decided to go to Greatfalls for a day of shopping.The trip to Coutts was uneventful. At Milk River we ran into fog and it steadily got worse as we got to the Coutts/Sweetgrass border crossing. There were only two vehicles in front of us. This was excellent since we wouldn't be at the border too long. At the US side we were greeted by the border patrol and he asked how many people in the car? Where are we going? What are you going to be doing in Greatfalls? How long are you going to be gone? Are you taking anything into the US to leave? Are you taking any fruit into the US? How much money do you have with you in US dollars and Canadian Dollars? I answered all the questions truthfully and then we were told that we were must go inside for a spot check. He kept our passports and took them inside the building. We complied. When we went inside the US border/Homeland Security building we were told by the officer to go into the "glass room". It's actually a cell (Cage) with one side facing us having glass. Two sides are walls and the side toward the officers has a heavy steel mess wall from the ceiling to about 3-4 inches off the counter. All the walls whether steel, glass or normal walls are right to the ceiling. There is a video camera facing the benches in the Cage. Once inside you are locked in by the self locking door. You are in a prison cell or Cage even though the officers call it the "glass room". I was wondering why we were put into this room? The officer who told us to go into the "glass room" asked another couple and us to take out everything from all our pockets and put it into a basket provided. All of us did this. The officer then took the baskets and put them on the filing cabinet behind him. He gave both couples a form to fill out like an entry form you get on an airplane going into a country. We filled it out and waited. He eventually came back and made sure that the form was filled out correctly and completely. He reviewed the form with us and asked us if there was any changes we would like to make? He told us to sit down and wait and that he was going to search our vehicles. ( I was wondering why he or they would NOT let us be there when he or they searched our vehicles. Remember we are locked inside a Cage.) While waiting another officer came with another form. He told us that we needed to fill out an agriculture survey in regards to being on a farm or by animals etc. He filled in the form for both couples in the Cage. Finally the fellow came back that was searching our vehicles. It seemed like along time but was probably approximately 15 minutes. He informed us that we could have our baskets of items from our pockets back and could go once he unlocked the locked door with a buzzer. When we got out we were then given back our passports and told we could go.
    My question is why do we have to be locked inside a Cage? Why can't we be asked the questions and fill out the form and survey over the counter like friends?
    Why aren't the answers given to the first officer good enough since he has access to our complete life by means of giving him our passports? Why does the search of our vehicle have to be hidden from us? Why can't we be there when they search our vehicle? Is there something wrong with Canadians going to shop in the USA? Is this the price tourist have to pay in order to spend money in Montana or the USA? Is taking cash to buy things in the USA against the law even though you are allowed to take $10,000 dollars cash or less in all currencies? Is it because we are going in the fog which was no choice of our own? After being across the border many, many, many times in my life I still wonder why we are treated like we are not welcome to the USA,
    I find it ironic that the day before which would have been December 3, 2010 we were at a Christmas tradeshow and Farmers Market Christmas show in Lethbridge, Alberta. A lady from Columbia Falls, Montana was wanting us to come to Montana to spend time skiing and enjoying what Montana has to offer. I told her that my wife and I were going to be going to Greatfalls the next day. I asked if she was treated well at the Canadian border crossing and she said definitely. She did have to go inside to show the tradeshow items but that was it. I asked her if she was aware of the troubles Canadians have getting into the USA?
    She was not aware until I mentioned that we are not treated like tourist but more like people who have done something wrong and don't know what that is......My question to the USA and Montana is " Are Canadians Friends or Foe?
    It's not worth going into a Locked Cage. At the border we apparently lose all of our rights just to spend money in a country that is suppose to be our friend but locks us up in a Cage. Do you want to be locked up in a Locked Cage with your kids or other family members for the priviledge to enter the USA ? From talking to a number of people they too have been locked in the Cage while just trying to cross the border. Anyone with a criminal record cannot cross the border now so why must honest people be locked in a Cage?
    I would like an answer since if you don't want us coming to spend money, buy fuel, stay in hotels, airline flights, be snow birds, buy products, go to recreational spots like skiing, Las Vegas, Disneyland, buy equipment and help the economy then just tell me and I will let everyone in Canada know that you don't want us to come to your country. From the way Canadians are treated at the border you definitely wouldn't think we are welcome!

A Tourist and Purchaser of US Products
    Hi Chancy,

What a gruesome experience...!

I should mention, I live just accross the border with the US. When we cross the river separating Canada from the US, we are not put into a cage, but we are not welcome.

The tone of voice, the questions asked, the impertinence, were you ever arrested in the US?, were you ever prosecuted in the US?, are not what one would want when visiting for purchasing purposes...! They know all about every Canadian who cross the border.

It's as if they want to prove something, Grand Master, Guardian of the Free World (?)...!, protecting the system from Canadian visitors...!, I don't know what's up on this...?, or would it be a setup between our government and the one in the US...?

So I wonder, is it the 9/11 thing (I guess) that make them loose their senses on who are Canadian.. ? They don't seem to have a bit of respect...! for visitors.

But one thing is sure, it's one great thing, my family is buying more in Canada.

All my blessings.

Deega
    Last edited by Deega; 21st December 2010 at 20:10.

7. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Yes, I agree the people of the US are great! As with the foreign policy towards Canadians I think it's all messed up.
    To follow up on the story after getting in our vehicle and starting out on our way it was decided that the feeling of being violated was so strong we both decided to stop and have lunch and turn around and go back home (where it was a beautiful sunny day with no fog! ) and shop and spend money at home. Due to this experience I have decided to limit or not go across the border due to the fact I wouldn't want my family subject to this type of nonsense. For a guy that has been across the border so many times in life I have never experienced this type of "control" anywhere in the world and that includes countries that you would think would definitely treat us bad. The thing is they treated us with respect and with dignity. As I tell everyone since this experience that there is something happening that isn't getting better but more broad in scope of some plan! More and more people are getting the opportunity to experience first hand the "glass room" which is just a nice name for CAGE. Everyone including seniors, snowbirds and families ( doesn't matter the age of the kids ) are getting this experience now. I'ts just a matter of time for everyone to be in the Cage. I have to agree with everyone that this is "Control". I for one don't accept this type of control on people.
    Chancy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Harley (22nd December 2010)

9. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

Hi chancy,
    HLS is a farce, just a bunch of paid bullies in my Humble opinion.
    But I don't think it is personal, I have heard stories where even Americans coming back from the border countries like Canada and Mexico ,get hassled as well.
    No I don't think it is personal, But I Am so sorry you got thrown off and went back home.
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

10. Link to Post #7
    Cayman Islands Deactivated
    Thanks

You should feel honored. They're treating you like you're one of us... Welcome to Amerika!

--sjkted

11. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 times in 267 posts

it goes both ways. i am a canadian and have lived in both canada/us for the last 6 years of my life and have about 5 horror (an understatement) stories for EACH year going in to the US - being banned, flagged, offended, slandered... the list goes on. btw, i have no criminal record, have never done anything illegal or tried to for that matter. i worked, made money, had a car, dog - you know all that fun stuff, but it doesnt matter. you are looked at like quota, if you're next in line and the beeper goes off, remind yourself that its nothing personal, they are 'just doing their job.' (bs i know, but that's homeland security for you).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zillah For This Post:

Deega (22nd December 2010), shadowstalker (22nd December 2010)

13. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 times in 277 posts

I learned my lesson going over to the US not to say exactly what I do. I will never again describe by job title having any thing to do with "NUCLEAR" technology or any thing remotely associated with that.

14. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

Chancy, welcome
    I can only express my sorrow and displeasure in the ways the current US Government is making it difficult and unpleasant for people to enter this country and to leave this country, even for Americans. I spent my adult life working for major US airlines (mostly working overseas) and feel particularly qualified to speak on this subject.

From what I am told they are making the pat downs (at all US airports) and the drive thru's at the borders very intrusive so that everyone accepts the full body scans which will be coming virtually everywhere in the near future. Many pilots have refused the full body scans because they feel the radiation dosage will have a negative cumulative affect. Only in recent days have they started to back down on the pilots!

They are depending on stories such as yours and those that have been in the American media to get out for a few months. The government does not even mind the lawsuits because they are going to do one of two things which will probably happen in tandem;
    1. Allow major unions to take over all airport/border security throughout the US, in essence the unions "will save us from this abuse".
    2. Tell us to accept the scanners and the pat downs and the entry visits will be less intrusive.

I realize this does not change anything in regards to what happen to you but you can be sure that there is a political agenda at work here!

15. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

This is literally creeping fascism. Fascism being headed toward... by the same people who are running the US. The same people who financed the Nazi's and brought them to the US after the war. One and the same. Actual fascists. Actual Nazi's. Skull and bones. FED, Bush family, CFR, Oil cartels, Goldman Sachs, etc, etc.

What happened in Germany that ramped it up to fully blown fascism is happening right in front of you.

First it is advertised (and seen by the public as) as socialism and communism, as fascism and communism/socialism look very similar in their introductory and initial states. '

But as the fascism rolls in all the way, it takes a different shape. More corporate.. where at one point, the socialism rids itself of the corporations and takes on the offices and workload itself. The fascism becomes even more corporate intertwined.

The problem with fascism is that it always becomes totalitarianism. Which is executions, mass graves, population reduction, prisons, starvation, basically 1984 and worse. No-one wants that, so that is the reason it is cloaked to look like socialism -- as they bring it on line. NAZI is actually NASDAP, which means: National Socialist German Workers' Party..

And that is how it is done.

By the same people, no less.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

+ Reply to Thread