+ Reply to Thread

Thread: US gun sales implode

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Default US gun sales implode

Layoffs and stocks tanking since Trump election. as I entitled this post: Send lawyers, guns and money to US retailers, as Nieman Marcus is the latest casualty.

More here
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th March 2017), Baby Steps (15th March 2017), Bill Ryan (15th March 2017), Cipher (15th March 2017), Eram (15th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th March 2017), Heavy Duty (15th March 2017), Helene West (15th March 2017), Ioneo (16th March 2017), jjjones (16th March 2017), JRS (16th March 2017), justntime2learn (15th March 2017), Mercedes (15th March 2017), Noelle (15th March 2017), raregem (15th March 2017), seko (15th March 2017), Star Tsar (15th March 2017), thunder24 (15th March 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Default Re: US gun sales implode

The way you phase your statement shows a bias: [Layoffs and stocks tanking since Trump election]. It wasn't the election that caused some retailers to tank , it was there inability to see, the internet has been cutting into there sales for years, the lack of attention to there business model is there downfall. On the gun sales, the last administrations fear mongering , false flag mass shootings send a message to the public and they responded. Now things are returning to normal. The amount of guns sold over the last 8 years is off the charts. Once again did the gun manufacturers think this volume would last forever. So it begs the question , if the democrats were elected would this be happening ?
    The stock market is thru the roof, some stocks make it others don't ,over all it's been terrific.
    By the way the quarter point rate hike is already figured in on evaluations.

Uncertainty is the fall of stocks, everyone knows this was coming, and if it doesn't

it's a bonus.
    Last edited by ramus; 15th March 2017 at 17:57.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Desire (15th March 2017), DNA (16th March 2017), JRS (16th March 2017), NancyV (16th March 2017), raregem (15th March 2017), skyflower (16th March 2017), vano915 (16th March 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ramus (here)
    The way you phase your statement shows a bias: [Layoffs and stocks tanking since Trump election]. It wasn't the election that caused some retailers to tank , it was there

inability to see, the internet has been cutting into there sales for years, the lack of attention to there business model is there downfall. On the gun sales, the last administrations

fear mongering , false flag mass shootings send a message to the public and they
    responded. Now things are returning to normal. The amount of guns sold over the last 8 years

is off the charts. Once again did the gun manufacturers think this volume would last forever. So it begs the question , if the democrats were elected would this be happening ? The stock market is thru the roof, some stocks make it others don't ,
    over all it's been terrific.

By the way the quarter point rate hike is already figured in on evaluations.

Uncertainty is the fall of stocks, everyone knows this was coming, and if it doesn't

it's a bonus.
    Not attributing retail sales debacle to Trump. I am attributing plunging gun sales to him, since he is not threatening to curtail 2nd Amendment rights.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th March 2017), Chester (16th March 2017), Fellow Aspirant (15th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th March 2017), Heavy Duty (15th March 2017), Mercedes (15th March 2017), NancyV (16th March 2017), raregem (15th March 2017), Satori (15th March 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

So you attribute people not feeling threatened to the the new administration? I see nothing negative in that. Yes people have lost jobs but that's on the corporations that can't see, blinded by greed and arrogance not trump. The way you have worded your statements it looks like trump is to blame for the gun sales drop. I attribute the gun sales drop to not being threatened. It feels like your putting trump in a negative light over this. But i agree the sales have fallen. Tying trump to lost of jobs isn't fair, it's what we see in the msm everyday. Let rise about that rhetoric.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th March 2017), Heavy Duty (15th March 2017), vano915 (16th March 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Of course gun sales are down. The NRA's salesman-in-chief is out of office.

We were just afraid we were actually going to have to use them.

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Can't remember where I read it but I recall reading that we should all perk up and pay close attention if/when the Fed inevitably raised interest rates as this was to signal the beginning of the end for the world as we know it. Now, I know there is a lot of doom and gloom surrounding the economy and I don't want to contribute to that but you certainly can't squeeze blood out of a turnip and eventually the US Treasury will default on its debt obligations to the Federal Reserve. It would seem that raising interest rates will certainly accelerate the US economy's free fall into oblivion.

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    Can't remember where I read it but I recall reading that we should all perk up and pay close attention if/when the Fed inevitably raised interest rates as this was to signal the beginning of the end for the world as we know it. Now, I know there is a lot of doom and gloom surrounding the economy and I don't want to contribute to that but you certainly can't squeeze blood out of a turnip and eventually the US Treasury will default on its debt obligations to the Federal Reserve. It would seem that raising interest rates will certainly accelerate the US economy's free fall into oblivion.
    I'm not in the doom and gloom camp, since I don't sell gold or silver (snark). The Fed did raise and sun will rise tomorrow.

I'm of the camp -- and have been since 2008 -- that the US is the cleanest dirty shirt in the pile so we will be OK.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Chester (16th March 2017), fourty-two (16th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2017), Kano (16th March 2017), Satori (16th March 2017)

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Supply and Demand Debacle- The gun and ammunition manufacturers ramped up production in 2016 due to their anticipation of a Clinton victory and concomitant 2nd amendment scare driving up sales. Because they did not recognize even the remote possibility of a Trump win and the relaxing of gun control fears, they now find themselves with packed warehouses and unexpectedly flat sales. Gander Mountain, which billed itself as the nations biggest gun retailer, declared bankruptcy last week. More layoffs in the industry and drops in stock prices are probable. The industry isn't going to go away. Sales are still good, just not the windfall they expected after November. Will prices fall? I'm seeing 50 rounds of 9mm under $10 locally. That's $2 less than last fall. Just saw a Smith and Wesson Model 686 in 357 Mag and stainless steel, used in like new shape, for $599. That was $750 last fall.

Maybe DHS or HUD or somebody will buy billions of rounds of 9mm and 5.56 and help with the warehousing crunch.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JRS For This Post:

Chester (16th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2017), mgray (16th March 2017), Satori (16th March 2017), ThePythonicCow (16th March 2017)

+ Reply to Thread