+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ending disability?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,113 times in 807 posts

Default Ending disability?

According to Hugh Herr the augmented body parts require replacement by four years. They will have to catch up regenerative functionality of human body coming years.

How this kind of view will play with transhumanism in the future where augmented or cyborg humans will outperform natural ones in every field?

The brain acts as transceiver / receiver of information not the creator of intelligence. Memory probably exists outside of brain in the form of hyperspace field. Scientists such as Rupert Sheldrake focus on non-materialistic paradigm that drives natural evolution including human being.

Most materialistic scientists boldly claim, argue against the norm, organic body is godly, superior than synthetic ones.

In near future a human will have three choices when he/she looses limbs: (1) live as a disability person, (2) have the whole body again by attaching regenerated, organic limb, (3) becoming a cyborg with enhanced synthetic limbs.
    For free society!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Joe (27th March 2017), marique3652 (27th March 2017), raregem (26th March 2017), Sunny-side-up (26th March 2017), sunwings (26th March 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Ending disability?

I am not sure I am comfortable with cyborg parts quite yet, although I am legally blind and if I could get cyborg eyes and could be sighted fully and not have retrolentil fibroplasia any more and did not have tunnel vision and could drive for the first time in my life then maybe I would learn to embrace it pretty easily. Also if I lost a limb, I am pretty sure that I would get a new one. I take care of a man who lost his leg and has a prostethis, and what a pain that is. I am sure he would readily sign up for a cyborg leg asap if that were an option. I have been kind of a freak and disabled all my life and it would be so nice not to feel so freaky and to be able to see again. My eyes are kind of too large for my face, a birth defect, if I could be normal I would love it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marique3652 For This Post:

Joe (27th March 2017), Ol' Roy (27th March 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

Default Re: Ending disability?

True "science" would be best focused on aiding the body to regenerate limbs, organs, tissues. Many amphibians can do this and by extension we may be able to do so as well...in time.

I'd much rather regrow an arm than have to buy one and charge it every day. I believe true regeneration may also touch on immortality as an always perfectly regenerating body...is not "aging".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Joe (27th March 2017)

+ Reply to Thread