Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trudeau Unveils Bill Legalizing Recreational Marijuana in Canada

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Trudeau Unveils Bill Legalizing Recreational Marijuana in Canada

Trudeau Unveils Bill Legalizing Recreational Marijuana in Canada

Many nations have either decriminalized marijuana, allowed it to be prescribed medically or effectively stopped enforcing laws against it. But when Mr. Trudeau’s bill passes as expected, Canada will become only the second nation, after Uruguay, to completely legalize marijuana as a consumer product.

The government’s plan has been broadly shaped by a panel of experts, but many issues still need to be worked out before legal sales can begin.

Each of Canada’s provinces will need to decide exactly how the drug will be distributed and sold within its boundaries. The government will have to develop the marijuana equivalents of breathalyzers and a blood alcohol standard, so that drivers can be checked for impairment at the roadside and workers can be tested for safety on the job.

Diplomats will have to address conflicts with international drug treaties. And many in the medical field are concerned about the long-term health effects of increased use of marijuana by Canadians under the age of 25.

reference: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/13/w...marijuana.html

2. Link to Post #2
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Trudeau Unveils Bill Legalizing Recreational Marijuana in Canada

Dammit, my stupid island needs to jump on this train before it's economic viability is completely lost.... CO is already dominating a lot of markets with their years head start.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (13th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), Chester (14th April 2017), DeDukshyn (13th April 2017), Fellow Aspirant (16th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2017), Jantje (14th April 2017), Kryztian (15th April 2017), Matt P (13th April 2017), Omni (14th April 2017), Shannon (13th April 2017)

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Dammit, my stupid island needs to jump on this train before it's economic viability is completely lost.... CO is already dominating a lot of markets with their years head start.
    I suppose Canadian pot could very well challenge Molson's Beer

Soon we may be hearing "This Bud's for Us" the famous Times-Union tasting panel (motto: "This Bud's for us.") Budweiser
    (Anheuser-Busch got all rights to the names Bud, Budvar and Budweiser in North America. Budweiser Budvar got rights to the name in parts of Europe. Britain is the only country in the world where both beers can be sold legally under the full name of Budweiser.)

But maybe they would run square into Anheuser-Busch's trademarks and will need to call it something else in Canada..

It reminds me of the movie PleasantVille (1998) where the "world" is bigoted, stereotyped "black and white", where change is frowned upon.

Quote Pleasantville is a black-and-white '50s sitcom, a cross between Leave It to Beaver and Father Knows Best that centers around the idyllic Parker family George (William H. Macy), his wife Betty (Joan Allen), and their two children, Bud and Mary Sue.
    Everyone in the film is without "color" (substance) and in black and white.. When a breakthrough in consciousness happens, people are no longer then just black and white (colorless). They change to their normal skin tones, no longer being seen in only black and white terms.. Eventually everyone starts to change and the holdout during an emotional outburst finally changes too..

It takes just enough time for what's next to take hold.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120789/...ef_=tt_stry_pl

Uruguay, Canada, maybe the Islands..

trailer http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay...tt_pv_vi_aiv_1
    Last edited by Bob; 13th April 2017 at 19:50.

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

Amen. I feel the same way. I live in Kentucky, one of top marijuana producing states in the country. Check out these numbers from back in 2006...
    https://www.drugscience.org/Archive/bcr2/domstprod.html

In this one year we produced about 2.8 million pounds! At a conservative value of $200 an ounce (yeah, very conservative!), that's almost 9 BILLION dollars! And of course still illegal and still to date not one death ever recorded for OD on pot! Our state could be a trailblazer and make millions a year in taxes but instead we sit on our hands and prefer to let a few corporate prisons profit off locking people up for it! It's insanity! And local and state governments just announced huge budget cuts and a teacher friend if mine lost his job. It could all be fixed almost overnight if the non pot smokers weren't so stoned.
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

4evrneo (18th April 2017), Bob (13th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), DeDukshyn (13th April 2017), Dennis Leahy (13th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2017), Jantje (14th April 2017), kirolak (13th April 2017), Ol' Roy (15th April 2017), TargeT (13th April 2017)

7. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Hmmm...I'm going to have to consider quitting, now that suddenly dope is okay to consume, after forty plus years of risking fines and imprisonment.

8. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

4evrneo (18th April 2017), Basho (14th April 2017), Bob (13th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), Chester (14th April 2017), DeDukshyn (13th April 2017), Fellow Aspirant (16th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2017), Jantje (14th April 2017), kirolak (13th April 2017), Kryztian (15th April 2017), Matt P (13th April 2017), Ol' Roy (15th April 2017), Patrikas (13th April 2017), PurpleLama (18th April 2017), Richard S. (17th April 2017), seko (15th April 2017), Spellbound (15th April 2017), TargeT (13th April 2017)

9. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I suppose it could be looked at from economics - income generated to the provinces verses the cost of "policing"

This is how the Washington Times covered the announcement:

Quote If approved, legislation would establish new rules letting Canadians legally buy, harvest and have limited amounts of government-controlled marijuana in addition to implementing measures intended to discourage individuals from skirting the proposed restrictions.

One bill would allow individuals over 18 to possess up to 30 grams of pot in public, share their weed with other adults and purchase cannabis and cannabis-infused products from federally licensed pot shops, and would also let adults harvest up to to four marijuana plants in their home per resident.

Another outlines rules for enforcing the proposed pot law, and includes provisions that could put convicted marijuana criminals in prison for up to 14 years.

Both bills are likely to face opposition among members of Parliament, but the Liberal government nonetheless expects the legislation to be enacted by July 2018, Canada’s CBC predicted.

“The current system of prohibition is failing our kids,” Liberal MP Bill Blair, a supporter of the legislation, said Thursday. “We have a responsibility to act as expeditiously as we can. … We can’t drag our feet; we aspire to get this done as quickly as possible.”

If authorized as planned, proponents say the bill will be a blessing for the nearly one-third of young adults in Canada who admit smoking weed and subsequently risk arrest in the face the federal government’s current prohibition.

“Police forces spend between $2 billion and $3 billion every year trying to deal with cannabis, and yet Canadian teenagers are among the heaviest users in the western world … we simply have to do better,” said Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale.
    reference: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ational-marij/

10. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Hmmm...I'm going to have to consider quitting, now that suddenly dope is okay to consume, after forty plus years of risking fines and imprisonment.
    Yeah ... they're taking all the fun out of it
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (13th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), Chester (14th April 2017), Ernie Nemeth (14th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2017), Jantje (14th April 2017), PurpleLama (18th April 2017), Richard S. (17th April 2017), seko (15th April 2017), Spellbound (15th April 2017), TargeT (14th April 2017)

12. Link to Post #8
    Netherlands Avalon Member Jantje's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 times in 181 posts

Congratulations to common sense in Canada.

Even though Amsterdam is famous worldwide for it's coffeeshops, it's still illegal over here.
    Not that I care but still it's ridiculous.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jantje For This Post:

Bob (14th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), Ernie Nemeth (17th April 2017), Fellow Aspirant (16th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2017), seko (15th April 2017), TargeT (15th April 2017)

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Awesome

Legal over here on the west coast of the USA. One of the best things I have ever seen change in society in my lifetime. Even if you do not plan to smoke it, CBD edibles with a bit of synergistic THC is incredibly good for health. I have been eating CBD edibles for months now and I feel they have improved my health and well being far more than anything any standard doctor could give me.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Alx (19th April 2017), Bob (14th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), Ernie Nemeth (17th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2017), Jantje (18th April 2017), Mike (15th April 2017), Ol' Roy (15th April 2017), TargeT (15th April 2017)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

i wonder if it will be legal to grow for personal use?
    probably not, that would take money away from the goofernment, right?

there are commercials on the idiot box now proclaiming that new devices will be used by police to do roadside tests for pot.
    you could lose your driver license for being high while driving.

personally, this upcoming bill makes no difference to me.
    outgrew the use of pot many moons ago.

clean and sober makes for more productive use (IMO) of my remaining time and hence a sense of more rapid personal growth.

the strains are so potent these days, one puff and may as well put me in a lazy-boy rocker with a remote control and tv table full of junk food.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Bob (15th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), DeDukshyn (15th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2017), Jantje (18th April 2017), TargeT (15th April 2017)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

The proposal is for personal allowance of four (4) plants grown at any given time.

Here's one....just need three more like it:

Might get the odd bud off a plant that large.

Knew a guy who got 7lbs (dried cut buds) off one plant. (outdoor)

Since they grow about 4 months per cycle....that is a max (very unlikely but possible) of about...4 plants x 7lbs x 3 grow cycles......84 lbs of bud per year, for 'personal'.

Should be fine.

I foresee even more COD and Halo in Canada's future....
    Last edited by Carmody; 15th April 2017 at 03:05.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Akasha (16th April 2017), Bob (15th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), DeDukshyn (15th April 2017), dynamo (15th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2017), Jantje (18th April 2017), Mike (15th April 2017), seko (15th April 2017), TargeT (15th April 2017)

20. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

I don't smoke it as it makes me weird(er) but super happy it will probably be legalized and will grow it as an ornamental. It's a very pretty plant. The concentrated thc hybrids aren't pretty. I want some of the original pot plants to grow.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bob (15th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), dynamo (15th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2017), penn (18th April 2017), TargeT (15th April 2017)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    The proposal is for personal allowance of four (4) plants grown at any given time.

Here's one....just need three more like it:

Might get the odd bud off a plant that large.

Knew a guy who got 7lbs (dried cut buds) off one plant. (outdoor)

Since they grow about 4 months per cycle....that is a max (very unlikely but possible) of about...4 plants x 7lbs x 3 grow cycles......84 lbs of bud per year, for 'personal'.

Should be fine.

I foresee even more COD and Halo in Canada's future....
    wow, J.T. will be stopping by to party there for sure LOL!!!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Bob (15th April 2017), Fellow Aspirant (16th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2017), TargeT (15th April 2017)

24. Link to Post #14
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    I don't smoke it as it makes me weird(er) but super happy it will probably be legalized and will grow it as an ornamental. It's a very pretty plant. The concentrated thc hybrids aren't pretty. I want some of the original pot plants to grow.
    The male plants don't even smell strongly, great as ornamental.. the leaves are amazing , and it is a very bushy plant when in the right environment, but also easily trained into cool shapes.... or so i hear.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

4evrneo (18th April 2017), Bob (15th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), dynamo (16th April 2017), Ernie Nemeth (17th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2017), Jantje (18th April 2017)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    Amen. I feel the same way. I live in Kentucky, one of top marijuana producing states in the country. Check out these numbers from back in 2006...
    https://www.drugscience.org/Archive/bcr2/domstprod.html

In this one year we produced about 2.8 million pounds! At a conservative value of $200 an ounce (yeah, very conservative!), that's almost 9 BILLION dollars! And of course still illegal and still to date not one death ever recorded for OD on pot! Our state could be a trailblazer and make millions a year in taxes but instead we sit on our hands and prefer to let a few corporate prisons profit off locking people up for it! It's insanity! And local and state governments just announced huge budget cuts and a teacher friend if mine lost his job. It could all be fixed almost overnight if the non pot smokers weren't so stoned.

The most critical aspect to understand is that the literal Nazi methodology of separating societies was used in North America, specifically the USA.

I can't write the entire chain of facts and logic over and over again, but I'll hit the highlights so folks can do their research and find the posts here and also the data to hit the net and do the research.

-it is about funding the war machine
    -creating divisive lines in the public, as a fundamental into control
    -inflaming parts of society in unreasonable ways, propaganda, and repeat (Goebbels methods prior to and in WWII)
    -Germany in WWII had 85% of it's military soft goods manufactured by prisoners, but wholly owned by corporations, as a system.
    -This German system was paid for by the public, owned by the corporations, and then this became free labour for the corporations

--the same was done in the USA by people connected to the Nazi's....enacted in post WWII... via the OSS, Skull and bones, CIA, and the violent war mongering corporations of the USA, including the banking systems who funded the German war machine in WWII. (See Prescott bush, union banking corporation, Dulles brothers, Jekyll island, Rockefeller drug laws, heavy sentences (entrapment into slavery--prison workers who were caught with minuscule amounts of drugs).

-meaning, currently.....+85% of the soft goods of the the USA military complex.. is manufactured by the associated and controlled private prison complex. Free labour, as paid for by the US public finances and coffers. Thus, a permanent slave workforce, as provided by the public, and all involved are double and triple dipping on profits and power...at worldwide and US human expense.

-big war machine, cannot allow for worker revolt! why have the public do it [unions, wages, life freedom, etc] when they can have slaves do it! works for the military, as that crew does like to eliminate human variables from the given equations.

-and much much more, See Albert pike, Rise of the 4th Reich (Jim Marrs), and the works of Joseph P Farrell.

-Weed in Canada... stands a chance of breaking the back of the privatized and thus 'out of public sight' finances and machinery of the 'military industrial prison complex' in the USA.

Which is WHY it is ultra critical to watch this space closely.

1000 US bases all over the world, and this 'weed in Canada' literally threatens the fundamental aspects of the how the wheels of such a thing keeps rolling and balancing itself.

We're talking about trillions of dollars in might and machinery, and thousands upon thousands of psychopaths in high places, globally and in the west... being existentially to overtly threatened by 'weed in Canada'.

Essentially, getting to the point at hand:
    This battle has not yet begun, so watch for the things that will come from 'out of the blue', and out of the darkness, to shut this thing down, forever - as hard and powerfully as possible.

You can't 'float' (ignore, no involvement) on this subject and potential coming legislation and law...as those groups WILL come for it and try to shut it down. Their hand will eventually be seen, in some direction, in some way. It is just a matter of time, before that hand will be shown.

It may come in the form of ignoring the coming legislation and laws, and getting right into hardcore fake terrorism, overt and extreme propaganda, societal breakage and dividing, and war branding/making.

Weed in Canada is powerfully involved in setting the stage for the complex machine of warmongering and death ....to try to gain the upper hand in a scenario that has it losing some of that grip.

Part of the take-away logic, a critical point -in understanding what is going on- is that 'weed in Canada' is a multifaceted motion and tactic/act, in a multifaceted clandestine 'silent war'.
    Last edited by Carmody; 16th April 2017 at 03:11.

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Bob (15th April 2017), Bubu (17th April 2017), DeDukshyn (15th April 2017), dynamo (16th April 2017), Flash (16th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2017), Hervé (15th April 2017), Mike (15th April 2017), PurpleLama (15th April 2017), seko (15th April 2017), Sierra (15th April 2017), TargeT (16th April 2017), thunder24 (15th April 2017)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Let's talk about the kind of game they will play. Look at what is happening in the french election, today.

Nothing, nothing, nothing... no warning, no rumbles, and BOOM!...hit between the eyes with something that cannot be immediately turned around. Something that cannot be countered, in the given time-frame and situation that is happening.

Something that shuts down the vote, or covers up malfeasance in a way that can be excused, in the given papers and media.

Here's your warning of the cost of 'floating' and not preparing, what the cost is for not being proactive and seeking out their avenues for malfeasance and shutting those doorways down, hard.

Despite leading in the polls for Round One, The Express reports that a monumental computer blunder could cost Marine Le Pen the French general election as 500,000 citizens living outside of France have the chance to vote twice.

The election has become extremely close with just 4.5 percentage points separating Macron, Fillon, Mélenchon, and Le Pen...

Which is why this shocking error in election procedures could be the swing to crush Le Pen's hopes. As The Express reports, half a million people received duplicate polling cards in the post, which would allow them to cast two votes at the first round of the election, held on April 23.

French authorities confirmed they would not be investigating the potential electoral fraud until AFTER the election, when retrospective prosecution may take place.

We are sure this is a simple 'accident', but coincidentally (for the establishment), this could crush Ms Le Pen’s dreams of surging to power, as most French nationals living outside of their country are not right wing - demonstrated by the fact many feel they depend on the European Union (EU) to guarantee their stay in foreign countries.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't expect integrity, don't think integrity....expect filth, expect lies, expect illegal behaviour, expect crime, viciousness, false stories, false reports, false science, faked-lied-brutal EVERYTHING.

No rules, right? Major games and plans are at stake here, so expect 'whatever it takes - no limits, no rules'.

Just like is going on today, right now, in the french election regarding the attempt to take down Marine Le Pen.
    Last edited by Carmody; 16th April 2017 at 16:38.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Bubu (17th April 2017), conk (18th April 2017), Ernie Nemeth (17th April 2017), Flash (16th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th April 2017), Hervé (16th April 2017), PurpleLama (18th April 2017), seko (16th April 2017), TargeT (16th April 2017)

30. Link to Post #17
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    good thinking Ernie. Now that its legal its more probably not good for you anymore. GMO?

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (17th April 2017), PurpleLama (18th April 2017)

32. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Just seems like the thing to do. Don't like being mainstream. But I don't drink, so...

Carmody, the scene in Canada may be unique. Driven by the homegrown industry in British Columbia (province on Pacific coast of Canada), most of the premium grown pot available in all of Canada is now "homegrown". It rivals in potency the most famous brands, like the good old Acapulco Gold or Mexican Flowertops. Sure, the mafia and other gangs are still involved but a bona fide local supply is usually available, at least in the big cities. Hashish is now also being produced by local aficionados. As is hash oil and the much appreciated honey oil (the very cream of the oil).

Of course you are probably talking about the export market of homegrown dope and that is a big problem for the Americans. But now with Colorado and California in our camp the flow south is drying up.

Not sure what their long-term strategy might be but I think it might be possible that they are pulling out of marijuana sales altogether. Crack, crystal meth, heroine and designer drugs seem to be the wave of the future for them. It is less bulky and it generates far larger profits.

Also, marijuana is a useful plant. Revenues from the manufacture of products made from the plant can rival the illegal boon it has provided in the past. Plus, people are on to the many health benefits of introducing marijuana into the diet. Not to mention, dope has no side effects, is not addictive, and reduces stress. It is a good fit with this mad crazy lifestyle we live in the modern world.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Carmody (7th August 2017), Jantje (18th April 2017), PurpleLama (18th April 2017)

34. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member 4evrneo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 492 posts

There are some downfalls to the legalization. I moved to Colorado over a year ago to be closer to all my family but STILL cannot find a decent rental that I can afford. This article says Denver real estate went up 17% (also an old article) and I live in Colorado Springs, which I hear went up 15% and that was over two years ago. It's beautiful here but I don't know if I will be able to find a home here.

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/col...estate-market/

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Bob (10th May 2017), Ernie Nemeth (18th April 2017), PurpleLama (18th April 2017), TargeT (18th April 2017)

36. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 4evrneo (here)
    There are some downfalls to the legalization. I moved to Colorado over a year ago to be closer to all my family but STILL cannot find a decent rental that I can afford. This article says Denver real estate went up 17% (also an old article) and I live in Colorado Springs, which I hear went up 15% and that was over two years ago. It's beautiful here but I don't know if I will be able to find a home here.

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/col...estate-market/
    Real estate in Colorado has been on the rise. U may find places towards Colorado Springs.. wait a bit for Canada tho.. Hopefully rates will be more reasonable..
    Last edited by Bob; 10th May 2017 at 02:05.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast