+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psychic Exploration by Dr. Edgar Mitchell

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,571 times in 5,659 posts

Default Psychic Exploration by Dr. Edgar Mitchell

Has anyone read this book? It seems like it would be more a reference book that is a bit out of date? The host in the video below uses some of the information in the book related to science being able to prove psychic abilities. I wonder if there is any video evidence to prove any abilities yet? Something that can be measured by tech. edit: Some forms have been measured like evps or laser grid, emf, but this more referring to live subjects causing changes.

snippet on the book..
    Quote Psychic Exploration, A Challenge for Science is a primer on psychic research, life's purpose, and the meaning of the universe. Originally published in 1974, this landmark anthology of nearly thirty chapters on every area of psychic research is finally available again. Edgar D. Mitchell, Apollo 14 astronaut and moonwalker, as well as a distinguished researcher of the study of human consciousness, brought together eminent scientists to write about issues once considered too controversial to discuss. This book includes fascinating chapters on the history of parapsychology, telepathy, hauntings, psychic phenomena, and consciousness, along with an extensive glossary and index. This timeless anthology continues to be appealing as a reference work for those curious about the history of parapsychology, fans of the world of psi, and readers interested in the meaning of the universe
    Last edited by mojo; 17th April 2017 at 23:57.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

EFO (18th April 2017), Jantje (18th April 2017), raregem (17th April 2017), sunwings (18th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017), william r sanford72 (18th April 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member Jantje's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 times in 181 posts

Default Re: Psychic Exploration by Dr. Edgar Mitchell

Well anything beyond the realms of what the human being can perceive with our five senses can only be picked up with the use of technological equipment.
    I guess it all comes down to the interpretation of data gathered by the use of that equipment.

The perception of the person dealing with the scientific data has a lot to do with the outcome of information I suppose.

It can either lead to more knowledge or further distraction.

I have not read the book by the way so I can't comment on that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jantje For This Post:

mojo (18th April 2017)

+ Reply to Thread