+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theresa May calls UK general election for 8 June (2017)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,792 times in 8,388 posts

Default Theresa May calls UK general election for 8 June (2017)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...lection-8-june

Theresa May has said she wants to hold a snap general election on 8 June, despite repeatedly claiming that she was against the idea of an early vote.

In a surprise statement outside Downing Street on Tuesday morning, the prime minister claimed that opposition parties were jeopardising her government’s preparations for Brexit.

“We need a general election and we need one now,” she said. “I have only recently and reluctantly come to this conclusion but now I have concluded it is the only way to guarantee certainty for the years ahead.”

May claimed the decision she would put to voters in the election, the announcement of which was a tightly guarded secret and known only by her closest aides, would be all about “leadership”.

Last edited by norman; 10th May 2017 at 00:17.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (18th April 2017), Baby Steps (18th April 2017), Chester (18th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th April 2017), Muzz (19th April 2017), sheme (18th April 2017), Star Tsar (18th April 2017), Verdilac (19th April 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member angelfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 241 posts

Default Re: Theresa May calls UK general election for 8 June (2017)

With Labour in disarray and constantly trying to undermine Corbyn, this doesn't bode well!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angelfire For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th April 2017), Sena (25th April 2017), sheme (18th April 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,728 times in 1,526 posts

If JC has the gumption to put the hard word on his Parliamentary party - tow the line or face deselection - things could work out.

He has the opportunity that electoral coverage provides- big speech events- to communicate the policy areas where JC really is in tune with most Brits, namely-

- Most Brits support re-nationalising railways
    - Most Brits are doubtful at least- about the illegal Syrian aggression by UK
    - Most Brits are concerned about the attacks on the Health Service (' last chance to save the NHS')
    - Brits are aware of tax avoiders like Apple, Boots, and Sir Phillip Green
    - Many Brits hesitate on Trident renewal and a cheaper nuclear option would appeal.

We also have slow burn scandals that will hurt May

- Tory Electoral fraud is being investigated
    - Growing social media awareness of Pedo scandal - and May's complacency/suppression.

As I said last November I hope there will be some juicy leaks from within the Police/Judiciary regarding these two scandals.

It would also be great if Corbyn could project a more business friendly attitude. This should not be a huge concern, however, as often the left , when actually gaining power, moderate their most anti-business policies when the civil service explain how tax revenue works.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

angelfire (18th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th April 2017), Sena (25th April 2017), sheme (18th April 2017), shijo (19th April 2017), Star Tsar (23rd April 2017), Steviemad (18th April 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Well and here I was thinking I represented most Brits- well I bow to your assertions Baby Steps though I recognise little in them- I would presume you are in favour of JC and his incompetant " Well he means well" style.

I notice you forget to remember all the labour scandles - Tony Blair- baby Leo gets different jabs to the rest of our children, the Maddie McCann affair he could have saved her if he had given the go ahead according to Mr Shrimpton, Iraq War, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-death.html . Education Education Education (was never so bad).

Gorden Brown giving all our gold away just before the price rocketed , allowing corperations to steal the pension funds of the workers. and here is a little reading about aledged pedophiles that are labour . https://labour25.com/ no scandle there then.

The fact that May slipped in under the wire means she may be our only chance of getting out of the devilish corporate Governance of the EU- if she can pull a General election off now we have a chance to survive- get out of EU- avert WW111- and start a free world.

Remember it was the weakness of a weak wicked man rapeing and murdering young men that the British people were blackmailed into the EU which we never actually joined with an honest ask in the first place- no possible good can come from these circumstances.

Theresa plays a good game of chess in my opinion. I wonder what she would do if she had all the truth at her disposal, perhaps if she wins this time the civil servants will inform her of the truth.

I anticipate the cabal and the Media will start a new political party just so they can rig the vote and force us back into the EU. either that or Theresa if she wins will be disarmed or assassinated Gods forbid. I wonder who the Judas will be?

Just another point of view you understand, I appreciate nothing is what it seems. I am sure the cabal will do anything anything at all to force us to stay in the EU.
    Last edited by sheme; 19th April 2017 at 14:40.

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Bit cheeky! all self interest...

9. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,728 times in 1,526 posts

Quote Posted by sheme (here)
    Well and here I was thinking I represented most Brits- well I bow to your assertions Baby Steps though I recognise little in them- I would presume you are in favour of JC and his incompetant " Well he means well" style.

I notice you forget to remember all the labour scandles - Tony Blair- baby Leo gets different jabs to the rest of our children, the Maddie McCann affair he could have saved her if he had given the go ahead according to Mr Shipton, Iraq War, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-death.html . Education Education Education (was never so bad).

Gorden Brown giving all our gold away just before the price rocketed , allowing corperations to steal the pension funds of the workers. and here is a little reading about aledged pedophiles that are labour . https://labour25.com/ no scandle there then.

The fact that May slipped in under the wire means she may be our only chance of getting out of the devilish corporate Governance of the EU- if she can pull a General election off now we have a chance to survive- get out of EU- avert WW111- and start a free world.

Remember it was the weakness of a weak wicked man rapeing and murdering young men that the British people were blackmailed into the EU which we never actually joined with an honest ask in the first place- no possible good can come from these circumstances.

Theresa plays a good game of chess in my opinion. I wonder what she would do if she had all the truth at her disposal, perhaps if she wins this time the civil servants will inform her of the truth.

I anticipate the cabal and the Media will start a new political party just so they can rig the vote and force us back into the EU. either that or Theresa if she wins will be disarmed or assassinated Gods forbid. I wonder who the Judas will be?

Just another point of view you understand, I appreciate nothing is what it seems. I am sure the cabal will do anything anything at all to force us to stay in the EU.

mmmm good points, i am not partisan, just supporting the one who claims to want to do the right things to preserve peace. but then again, that was what i thought about Trump, so who knows?

I feel in my water that May is part of a plan to obfuscate Brexit. a big war would arrest the process. if the Brits unilaterally withdrew from any involvement in Syria and stated that they would concentrate on aid for rebuilding, plus diplomacy to bring early elections, that would have a powerful global impact. The Brits are carrying a big karmic debt and are the tip of the spear if things get nasty with Russia. if they do, there will be a rocky sand bank lighting the horizon in north west europe, that nobody will try to farm for centuries
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

angelfire (18th April 2017), avid (19th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th April 2017), sheme (19th April 2017)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 times in 241 posts

More and more uncertainty is only going to hurt the value of sterling.

But there is an upside for someone looking to invest in the UK that may what more bang for there buck whilst the £ is in the doldrums.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39410075

Many only compare Sterling to the Euro or USD, but if you click on this link and look how its performing against the Chinese Yuan you may begin to see things in a different light.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...o=CNY&view=10Y

You would think that its quite positive for UK exports at the moment, I'm not seeing that. Over the past year I have seen more local businesses that manufacture and ship abroad close down, the 1st thing they do is cut staff and 6 months later they are gone as the orders are few and far between .

You cannot run a country this poorly by accident, the only thing that works in the UK at moment seems to be the SRM/Chemtrailing program .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

avid (19th April 2017), happyuk (19th April 2017), Sena (25th April 2017), sheme (19th April 2017)

13. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,801 times in 2,667 posts

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2017/...al/#more-63131

Claims May called an election to escape Tory expenses scandal

Trying to bury Crown Prosecution Service's cases going after 20 MPs who committed election fraud in 2015, lots of marginal seats, and prosecution deadlines, late May, early June.... This would cause lots of bi-elections and these seats would probably be lost.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Baby Steps (19th April 2017), sheme (19th April 2017), shijo (19th April 2017)

15. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

The House has voted for the General election to proceed. Here we go 13 no votes the rest for the election.

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I think Theresa May wants to be free to play for time, while the Eurozone collapses completely. Why enter into hand and foot tying negotiations with an entity that, if not gone completely, will very likely be in a far more desperate state by the time Britain is actually out and free.

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (24th April 2017), Sena (25th April 2017)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Assange for MP? WikiLeaks boss trolls UK, says may run for Parliament in snap election

Published on 23 Apr 2017
    Julian Assange has announced that he may run in the UK’s June snap election, mocking the country that the UN says is holding him in arbitrary detention.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Baby Steps (10th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th April 2017), Matthew (23rd April 2017)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Is BIG DATA power running the election ?

Is Theresa May not telling us something ?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cked-democracy

Quote There are three strands to this story. How the foundations of an authoritarian surveillance state are being laid in the US. How British democracy was subverted through a covert, far-reaching plan of coordination enabled by a US billionaire. And how we are in the midst of a massive land grab for power by billionaires via our data. Data which is being silently amassed, harvested and stored. Whoever owns this data owns the future.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (10th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (31st May 2017), Hervé (31st May 2017)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,089 times in 2,402 posts

Oh how the might have fallen... from an Empire that spanned the globe to....

... an insignificant little island these days.

11 replies in three weeks, contrast that with the lead up to Trump.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Baby Steps (10th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (31st May 2017), norman (10th May 2017)

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

The Artist TAXI Driver used to make hillariously funny videos but has been very drap lately.

This one captures a fresh spring in his step:

25. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (31st May 2017)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM JUNE 1 2017

Terror in Britain: What Did the Prime Minister Know?

Giza Death Star Community

Streamed live 49 minutes ago
    In the wake of the terror attack in Manchester by alleged suicide bomber Salman Abedi, the Tories' fortunes are falling in the polls. And it may have strange connections to other geopolitics...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/terror-...r-know/5592772

27. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd June 2017)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

The Alternative 2017 UK Election Special

LegaliseFreedom1

Published on 2 Jun 2017
    Andy Duncan discusses the 2017 UK General Election and the wider political and economic scene past, present and future.

Like many political systems around the world, UK politics is deeply divided and in a growing state of disarray. Many feel that voting today has become all but irrelevant and in future may, at best, achieve little more than cementing a series of conflict-ridden coalitions. At worst, the current schizophrenic state of paralysis and upheaval may trigger the rise of a party – perhaps as yet unknown – of the ultra-extreme right or left.

In the face of enormous global challenges – in energy, economy, and environment in particular - we hear little from the political class beyond predictable, pie-in-the-sky promises and empty rhetoric about values, aspirations, and hard working families. And yet many citizens still believe that their vote actually counts for something when in the vast majority of cases it rarely – if ever - makes any real difference to anything. Who can blame them? We have long surrendered our sovereign status and personal agency to a kleptocratic elite obsessed with power, wealth, and self-aggrandisement. Now, entire generations know nothing else.

We explore these and other related issues including why the differences between the main political parties are disappearing, where we are headed if things continue as they are, and how the global financial crisis of 2007/8 - which was not allowed to run its rightful course - is coming back to bite us – hard. In a system where voters can see no real alternatives and increasingly resign themselves to disillusion and apathy, what will so-called representative democracy and indeed industrial civilization itself look like in the coming decades?

Many more interviews at http://www.legalise-freedom.com

+ Reply to Thread