+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alex Jones Alternative Media Shill or Just Having Family Problems?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member abmqa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Alex Jones Alternative Media Shill or Just Having Family Problems?

Alex Jones Lawyer states that Alex Jones is a performance artist. Alex is currently in a child custody battle.

See article from NBC news below.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...artist-n747491

The Alex Jones who told his legions of "Infowars" listeners that bogus stories about the U.S. government being behind the 9/11 attacks and about Hillary Clinton operating a pedophile ring out of a Washington D.C. pizza joint is really "a performance artist."

That's according to Jones' own lawyer — not the mainstream media that the right-wing radio jock derides as "fake news."

"He's playing a character" and is nothing like his online persona, attorney Randall Wilhite reportedly insisted in a Texas courtroom at a pre-trial hearing ahead of the right wing radio jock's custody battle with ex-wife Kelly Jones.
    Alex Jones

Judging Jones by his Infowars performances would be like judging Jack Nicholson by his depiction of the Joker on "Batman," Wilhite told state District Judge Orlinda Naranjo last week, the Austin American-Statesman reported.

Kelly Jones is seeking sole or joint custody of her three children, ages 14, 12 and 9, with her ex-husband, an ardent supporter of President Trump who broadcasts from his Austin home.

"He's not a stable person," she reportedly told the court. "He says he wants to break Alec Baldwin's neck. He wants J-Lo to get raped."

"I'm concerned that he is engaged in felonious behavior, threatening a member of Congress," she added, referring to Jones' recent comments about Rep. Adam Schiff, D-California. "He broadcasts from home. The children are there, watching him broadcast."

There was no immediate response to Kelly Jones' claims from Jones, 43, who is also known for pushing other widely discredited claims like the moon landing was faked and the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre was staged.

Meanwhile, lawyers for the warring Joneses began seating a jury in the Travis County courthouse for what's expected to be a contentious two-week hearing, court officials confirmed.

The couple divorced in 2015. Jones reportedly pays his ex-wife $43,000 per month, according to the Austin paper.

Jones' Infowars site was a hub for anti-Clinton conspiracies during the presidential campaign and Trump publicly thanked him for his support.

"You reputation is amazing," Trump said in December 2015. "I will not let you down."

Jones claimed later that a victorious Trump later reached out to thank him and his listeners for his support.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Akasha (20th April 2017), AutumnW (18th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), joeecho (18th April 2017), Mike (18th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), schneider (18th April 2017), Shannon (18th April 2017), Star Tsar (20th April 2017), sunwings (18th April 2017), TargeT (18th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Default Re: Alex Jones Alternative Media Shill or Just Having Family Problems?

Jones is a carnival barker, a digital snake oil salesman. He's the alt right's version of fake news. Some of what he says is true but a lot is pretty twisted, or exaggerated. It's one thing to 'connect the dots' using reason. It's another to connect dots using silly string while intoxicated...with self.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

abmqa (18th April 2017), Akasha (20th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), danegeroussacredgeometry (21st April 2017), Fellow Aspirant (20th April 2017), joeecho (18th April 2017), Lifebringer (19th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Quote Posted by abmqa (here)
    Alex Jones Lawyer states that Alex Jones is a performance artist.
    Is anyone surprised by this statement?

Just like information from MSM, one should always do their own research. Having said that, I value alternative view points. After all, if there was only one view point presented through media on anything, wouldn't that peak suspicion of collusion?

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,305 times in 5,692 posts

Many of his friends have said that the Alex you hear on the radio is exactly the same Alex as you get off the radio. I tend to believe this.

I think he's allowing his lawyer to make these statements because it is advantageous in this case for him to do so. Simple as that.

He is obnoxious and bombastic and everything most people accuse him of being, but I believe his passion is very real. Sure, Alex is a performer in a sense. All charasmatic people are. But it would be an exaggeration imo to say he's playing a "role".

As usual the truth is found somewhere in the shades of grey.

7. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Art (18th April 2017), AutumnW (18th April 2017), BMJ (19th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), cursichella1 (19th April 2017), Earth Angel (19th April 2017), Fellow Aspirant (20th April 2017), joeecho (19th April 2017), Kano (18th April 2017), Lifebringer (19th April 2017), mojo (18th April 2017), Muzz (20th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), Satori (18th April 2017), Shannon (18th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017), Wind (18th April 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Jones might be honest but he is also pretty histrionic. Histrionics on one hand against self interested lying on the other, doesn't offer a balanced perspective. I ignore ALL of it now.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Akasha (20th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), joeecho (19th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), Shannon (18th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    Jamaica Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 times in 444 posts

On a related note... anybody seen the NSA's "blue campaign" ad about fighting human trafficking, urging people to report anything suspicious? Coincidentally enough, the commercial begins outside a pizza place.

Coincidence? Sick joke? Subliminal hint or threat? Trying to elicit responses from certain people?

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jake gittes For This Post:

AutumnW (18th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), gaiagirl (20th April 2017), Noelle (19th April 2017), Shannon (18th April 2017), sunwings (18th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

He is obnoxious and bombastic and everything most people accuse him of being, but I believe his passion is very real. Sure, Alex is a performer in a sense. All charasmatic people are. But it would be an exaggeration imo to say he's playing a "role".
    A bit of word dancing going on here.

Real passion and playing a "role" is not mutually exclusive.

The best performance artists are so passionate is their roles that they will become the role for the duration of the performance.

The Alex Jones of today, in regards to his performance art, with a little more polish could be a face on CNN or FoxNews.

But again, this does not discredit all the news coming from his camp. It's not truth central but a version of it.

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,305 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by joeecho (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)

A bit of word dancing going on here.

Real passion and playing a "role" is not mutually exclusive.

The best performance artists are so passionate is their roles that they will become the role for the duration of the performance.

The Alex Jones of today, in regards to his performance art, with a little more polish could be a face on CNN or FoxNews.

But again, this does not discredit all the news coming from his camp. It's not truth central but a version of it.

I guess what im saying is, i dont think his personality is some kind of phony affectation. I think his passion is authentic in the sense that it represents his true feelings on things and not that of some manufactured character. He may come off as a cartoon character at times, but thats because he *is* a cartoon character. Hes always been like that.

If he is consciously playing a "role", I would say that he is the greatest performance artist of all time. Because the way I underatand it, he's like that * all the time*, both on air and off. The interviews ive seen of him corroborate this. HE IS AN INTENSE DUDE.
    Last edited by Mike; 18th April 2017 at 20:19.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

AutumnW (18th April 2017), BMJ (19th April 2017), Chester (18th April 2017), Fellow Aspirant (20th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th April 2017), joeecho (18th April 2017), mojo (18th April 2017), NancyV (20th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,014 times in 8,167 posts

He could do with doing more meditation than he does. He's weaker inside himself than he used to be. I'm sure if he'd work on his internal strength he'd feel less need to validate himself, which is hindering him right now.

I acknowledge that the recent election was incredibly stressful for him and the post election period even disorientating for him too. He's taken a lot of big punches and needs to re balance himself fully. A weekend in the camper with the kids won't do it.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

AutumnW (18th April 2017), Chester (18th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

It's obvious to me that he has all along been playing a character that is Alex Jones. Also not always in a way that would paint the alternative community in a very good, sane light. It's easy discard to conspiracy theorists as nutters when people get reminded about the erratic behaviour of people like Jones'. And given benefit of the doubt, even if he isn't acting then he surely has some anger issues. I give him kudos for bringing some (limited) information out for the public though.

And no, he isn't Bill Hicks either. That "conspiracy" is insulting to the memory of the comedic genius of Hicks.
    Last edited by Wind; 19th April 2017 at 01:35.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

abmqa (18th April 2017), Akasha (20th April 2017), AutumnW (18th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), Fellow Aspirant (20th April 2017), joeecho (18th April 2017), Mike (18th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Integrity of 'character' does not automatically equate to integrity of the message. Alex Jones cannot be in all places all the time so, just like you or I, he relies on information filtered through bias reports of various degrees. Is it impossible to think that handlers infiltrated his organization over the years?

A tree fell. Bias is telling me why the tree fell in no uncertain terms.

With the speed in which news outlets get their information out, along with it's explanation, how could it not be biased? I swear the bigger news outlets write a general narrative on different scenarios before an event even happens and then fill in some details after the event to give it the air of onsite legitimacy. But I digress from the original OP.

20. Link to Post #12
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

If he didn't say that Alex could be held liable for some of the stuff he says; pure legalese is an easy excuse for that statement.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

AutumnW (18th April 2017), BMJ (19th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), Fellow Aspirant (20th April 2017), joeecho (18th April 2017), mgray (19th April 2017), Mike (18th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), The Freedom Train (18th April 2017), Wind (19th April 2017)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    If he didn't say that Alex could be held liable for some of the stuff he says; pure legalese is an easy excuse for that statement.
    Certainly, but the door swings both ways. The lawyer is his representative and, in effect, the same as Alex saying it himself unless he fires the lawyer and/or refutes the statement.

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Certainly, but the door swings both ways. The lawyer is his representative and, in effect, the same as Alex saying it himself unless he fires the lawyer and/or refutes the statement.
    I agree and, at the same time, totally disagree

At some point, you have to accept the cards that are dealt and work with in the system as you can. Playing the legal system to your advantage does not degrade integrity IMO... I think dealing honestly with any form of government is more degrading to integrity actually; because you are condoning it by following it's rules.

I also think it's every free minded individuals OBLIGATION to similar (with moral checks, of course), as much as possible; or stop saying you don't agree with what it ("the establishment") does.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

AutumnW (18th April 2017), BMJ (19th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), joeecho (18th April 2017), Mike (18th April 2017), The Freedom Train (19th April 2017)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I agree and, at the same time, totally disagree

At some point, you have to accept the cards that are dealt and work with in the system as you can. Playing the legal system to your advantage does not degrade integrity IMO... I think dealing honestly with any form of government is more degrading to integrity actually; because you are condoning it by following it's rules.

I also think it's every free minded individuals OBLIGATION to similar (with moral checks, of course), as much as possible; or stop saying you don't agree with what it ("the establishment") does.
    True that. The best gamers game the system the best.

Working within a system to change the system leaves a system to change.

26. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Working within a system to change the system leaves a system to change.
    I see it more like consolidating my resources and preparing for when the system stumbles... when that happens is the best chance to effect change; while the confidence in the "old system" is shaken. Oh and doing my best to spread the grey market & encourage personal responsibility over government dependence (I call it "nudging" confidence in the status quo).

Just workin with the cards, I can't see beyond the card game at this point; though I feel there's something there.
    Where are you?

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

AutumnW (18th April 2017), BMJ (19th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), joeecho (18th April 2017), Mike (18th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), The Freedom Train (19th April 2017)

28. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Guess what? Texas is a state that does not allow ex's to hold the other hostage... at least not directly as Texas does not "do alimony."

So guess what ex's have figured out? If you cannot get the money directly... do it through the child custody payments. But first, to get this cash, you have to win custody.

Now look at the numbers...

http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/childsupport/texas

Look at the scenarios (making everything the same except annual income) -

Scenario One

Net Annual Income of the non-custodial Parent: $100,000
    Number of children: 3
    Monthly Health Insurance Expense: $500
    Who pays for the Health Insurance: Custodial Parent

Total monthly child support payment would be: $3,000

Scenario Two

Net Annual Income of the non-custodial Parent: $1,000,000

Total monthly child support payment would be: $25,5000

I make odds high that a lawyer talked with Kelly Jones and said he could make a great case that Alex Jones is bat-ass loco and that he could win her full custody of the kids and... Cha-Ching...
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

AutumnW (18th April 2017), BMJ (19th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), Mike (18th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), TargeT (18th April 2017), The Freedom Train (19th April 2017)

30. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

His best defense is to prove that he has always been this way and that there's no significant recent behavior change. This would probably have to be proven for there to be reasonable grounds to change the original custody ruling.

Where are the questions asking, why was he awarded custody originally? How common is it for "the man" to ever be awarded custody? Perhaps this suggests something as to who appeared to be the far better parent when the original divorce happened.

One concern for Jones is that in Texas, a single judge decides the matter. Why this may bode badly for Alex Jones is that the district his is in is Texas' lone liberal enclave... Austin, Texas (and its surrounding area). But surely if the judge happens to be liberal, he or she would never allow their political leanings to affect their ruling, would they? Surely not.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

BMJ (19th April 2017), Mike (19th April 2017), TargeT (18th April 2017), The Freedom Train (19th April 2017)

32. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,056 times in 2,419 posts

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    His best defense is to prove that he has always been this way and that there's no significant recent behavior change. This would probably have to be proven for there to be reasonable grounds to change the original custody ruling.

Where are the questions asking, why was he awarded custody originally? How common is it for "the man" to ever be awarded custody? Perhaps this suggests something as to who appeared to be the far better parent when the original divorce happened.

One concern for Jones is that in Texas, a single judge decides the matter. Why this may bode badly for Alex Jones is that the district his is in is Texas' lone liberal enclave... Austin, Texas (and its surrounding area). But surely if the judge happens to be liberal, he or she would never allow their political leanings to affect their ruling, would they? Surely not.
    Actually, in Texas the parties have a right to trial by jury in a custody dispute. I understand that AJ's case is before a jury. Thus the jury will be the trier of fact and determine what the facts are. They will also be instructed on the applicable law, e,g, best interest of the children, changed circumstances, burden of proof, etc... This is unlike most states where there is no right to trial by jury in a custody case. Rather a judge is the trier of fact and applies, hopefully, the applicable law.

AJ was divorced in 2015 and was awarded custody then. The burden of proof is on his exwife to show that since 2015 there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances such that it is in the best interests of the children to have the custody changed. One major hurdle for her is that nothing has changed as to AJ and his political, social, economic and so-called conspiracy theories since then. He has been doing his thing since before these kids were born and the exwife/mother knew that when she either agreed that AJ should have custody or the jury awarded him custody, assuming there was a jury trial in 2015 or so. (A jury can be waived by the parties by the way, so it's possible there was no jury initially had the custody issue been tried. But there is a jury now according to what I have heard.)

What has changed is that AJ is even bigger than before and makes more money. He also supported Trump and Trump was elected.

AJ pays his ex $43,000 per month, and that is not all for child support. (Yes, even the parent with custody could pay some child support to the noncustodial parent if there is a large enough disparity in income between the two.) I suspect this custody dispute is driven more by money or politics or both, then the best interests of the kids. Indeed, if she has custody and the kids with her more, then AJ will pay more child support.

I will go out on a limb here and predict that--in the absence of an agreement to change custody, or facts that we are unaware of that place the kids at serious risk--AJ will retain custody.

Ps. AJ may fare better if the case was being decided by the judge. She has already indicated that his views on infowars topics are not relevant and it is sometimes easier to convince one person than many, such as a jury. The jury is out, so to speak, and all remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Satori; 18th April 2017 at 23:32.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

BMJ (19th April 2017), Bruno (19th April 2017), Chester (19th April 2017), Mike (19th April 2017), The Freedom Train (19th April 2017)

34. Link to Post #20
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    Guess what? Texas is a state that does not allow ex's to hold the other hostage... at least not directly as Texas does not "do alimony."

So guess what ex's have figured out? If you cannot get the money directly... do it through the child custody payments. But first, to get this cash, you have to win custody.

Now look at the numbers...

http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/childsupport/texas

Look at the scenarios (making everything the same except annual income) -

Scenario One

Net Annual Income of the non-custodial Parent: $100,000

Total monthly child support payment would be: $3,000

Scenario Two

Net Annual Income of the non-custodial Parent: $1,000,000

Total monthly child support payment would be: $25,5000

I make odds high that a lawyer talked with Kelly Jones and said he could make a great case that Alex Jones is bat-ass loco and that he could win her full custody of the kids and... Cha-Ching...
    Thank you, Sam. My response is off topic, on the one hand, but on the other hand, in a world where we are swimming in bull**** all the time, refers back to Alex Jones. It's insane that anybody requires 43,000.00 per month to raise three children. Lord.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Akasha (20th April 2017), BMJ (19th April 2017), Chester (19th April 2017), Mike (19th April 2017), TargeT (19th April 2017), The Freedom Train (19th April 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast