United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Default Re: O'Reilly outed from Fox

Quote Posted by abmqa (here)
    Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I think O'Reilly was a useful shill after 9/11 and they needed a Neo-Con mouth piece to spread their propaganda,
    All publicly available information firmly condemns O'Reilly as a chronic sexual harasser, which ultimately caused his rightful downfall.

I feel that his worse crime was being one of the shills that consistently spread the neocons "weapons of mass destruction" propaganda that helped lead the U.S. to invade and destabilize Iraq, which ultimately led to the formation of ISIS and the many thousands of deaths and millions of refugees that we see trying to flee Syria today.

In my opinion, he is getting off easy with a 25 million dollar golden parachute.

I say good riddance!!

O'Reilly had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and now Syria
    He was just as stupid as the rest of gullible America was in believing the 9/11 narrative as presented
    And I'm sure I'll not reach my intended audience when I say I could really care less about some immaturity shown via sexual harassment allegations when this country is dealing with leaders who are satanic pedophiles torturing and killing kids by the f@cking thousands
    I do not care about petty insignificant sexual harassment
    Hell, when I see a petty insignificant sexual harassment allegation, I kind of have to believe that the guy is not a total scum bag because they don't have the film on him being some kind of pedophile Satanist that needs to be immediately put down like a large and significant portion of our Government
    When you bring up Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and now Syria, I can only think of what the US really had in mind when invading those countries
    The US has the blue print for invading a country and leaving it stabilized and capable of taking care of it self, look at Japan
    So when we see what happened with Iraq, Syria and Libya we know for a fact they wanted these regions broken with no infrastructure and or law so it would be easier to sell off their women and children via human trafficking
    With Afghanistan we know it is the poppy/heroin production they want as we now see the US within the worst heroin crisis it has ever been in
    Haloburton and DynCorp both huge contractors of the US military have both been caught as human trafficking mules carrying slaves across the ocean via freighters and DynCorp's VP has recently been arrested on Pedophile rape charges
    So again, I could really give a rat's ass about sexual harassment charges in light of what is really going on in this country
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2MA5Ha9XmE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IwqxnRM8TE

And the link below is on the DynCorp US General just arrested on Pedophile child rape charges
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ged-rape-minor
    Last edited by DNA; 21st April 2017 at 14:32.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Antagenet (22nd April 2017), Bob (21st April 2017), Chester (21st April 2017), Flash (22nd April 2017), Helene West (22nd April 2017), PurpleLama (21st April 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Gosh Sam, I am going nuts really - real scary stuff, please read

What is that video about Robin Williams - this guys whose name I do not remember starts with really very good sypnosis of Williams' life, but then goes on a huge rant against women who take alimony support when they divorce, saying they quit their job, they should not be paid. Anyhow, I thought his rant was sooooooo biaised that I wanted to stop listening to it.

Search for the video on my opened windows, did not find it. Closed the browser, it did not worked, it continued to play,

no kidding I shut down the whole computer AND IT CONTINUED TO PLAY!!!!! FU ... SH.... What am I to do?

Someone did put a virus there to force women to listen till the end or what!!!

Did this ever happened to anyone here???

I feel very much 1984 all overseeing eye right now!! (while laughing cause I cannot believe this - worst than mandela effect)
    Hi Flash - a few things...

First, I have experienced times that when I had my PC on for awhile and had opened several browser windows, etc. that eventually a point might be reached where my PC starts to act weird and/or the browser begins to function weird and so when I would try and close one or tow of my open browser pages, things go even weirder. And there have been times when this happened where I actually close a page where a video (or audio) was running and yet, even when the page had appeared to close... I would keep hearing the audio. If you use a PC or an Android based system and if you use Firefox, this may be what happened with you.

Now if this is the case, then the answer one might seek as to the timing is an answer I would put in the box I call "other worldly."

This next statement is meant from the heart. I know the Stefan Molyneux video is extremely strong. I also know that Stefan Molyneux is a Canadian and I was surprised he knew so much about the divorce laws in so many of the US states. I also very much know that Stefan Molyneux (like Alex Jones) uses over dramatization in many of his videos. I will admit that of the 100 or more videos from Stefan Molyneux that I have watched, I do not recall him ever being more dramatic than in this video.

But also... Stefan Molyneux stated facts in this video and then... stated his opinion. An opinion that I see would likely inflame all sorts of viewers where most would probably never allow themselves to watch the whole video to its completion. I wish he would have made his presentation without all the drama and emotion. But I was also able to experience this video (three times now) because... and you know a lot of my own story... because I have quite a bit of experience, personally, with the challenges that Stefan Molyneux brought to light. In addition, I have the unique experience of being lifetime friends with someone who (sadly) will help me make my point better... which I will do in short order. Remember this as it will be quite surprising when I reveal all aspects of this story.

None of what I have to comment upon (which I will, after presenting the stories and points) which connects with O'Reilly and Robin Williams or my own personal story or the story I will share about my friend can be anticipated by readers here as I am going to go to a whole other level of POV and then point making.... and I need to do this in its own thread. Now... if I can only come up with the right title.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), Flash (22nd April 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Sam
    thx. watched the video from youtube not your link since Flash had weird problems with his computer after downloading I wasn't taking any chances but it worked fine from the youtube site.

I thought it was a very good vid. didn't find it histrionic at all. don't know what molyneux's history is but he was clearly identifying with williams upbringing and watched moved by williams death. And calling a golddigger a golddigger I do not find hostile to women. what else are we supposed to call these women? to be in your '70s and forced to do road tours just for alimony payments, my God...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bob (22nd April 2017), Chester (22nd April 2017), DNA (22nd April 2017), Flash (22nd April 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

DNA you are right about pédophiles and scums that should be put down almost literally so perverted they are,

Helen you are right about the ultraviolet feminism etc.

Sam you are right some men are taken almost all they have by gold diggers, or real hungry wifes.

However, for women and divorce, I have seen many much more women caught alone with their kid, having to supply for their food and roof, with no revenues from the father who has escaped to better faith with a new love and has no money to spare for his offsprings. However, yes, I have met some men that were left penniless and some men that were beaten by their wifes and could not protest because they would have been the one accused and arrested.

However, once again, these plights are much more frequent for women (just starting with women making on average 30% less revenue even when taking into account the child manufacturing periods (pregnancies). Injustice starts at birth for many women, throughout the world including north America.

I am one who has been plucked of her belongings and money, who has been working for years in a company with no returns (literally for free) because I dared wanting to divorce, and I am one of those who was left pretty much along to raise a kid with a handicap. And like many women, I did more than many men would for their offspring, such as working 70 hours a week to pay for the roof, food, and very expensive thérapies. I do think I was quite worst off than many men who pay huge alimonies and chldren support yet have free time and time for a new spouse (which I did not have for 18 years, up to three years ago).

Most men are not in a bad situation when they divorce for younger women, but often their wives are.

Now, when there is harassment at work, it used to be the women who had to give up her work in order to avoid this perpetual very detrimental situation and men would not even be told to stop by other men (the hierarchy). It was manly wasn't it. Now at a minimum women can denounce. And they can denounce for their children too if taken by pédophiles.

<and of course, all these are sex and power combined, the strongest possible addiction.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

abmqa (22nd April 2017), Bob (22nd April 2017), Bruno (24th April 2017), Chester (23rd April 2017), DeDukshyn (22nd April 2017), DNA (22nd April 2017), fourty-two (22nd April 2017), Helene West (22nd April 2017), onawah (22nd April 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,685 times in 640 posts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

abmqa (22nd April 2017), Bob (22nd April 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)

Starts at 1:00

Is it ever possible for someone to be an a-hole and not a racist?
    The racist branding implies a person says or does something because he's (usually) white, thereby including millions of other folks in the branding. It's a convenient tool for race hustlers and so tedious at the very least for white citizens. I never liked o'reilly and I've seen him bully quite a few people mostly white guests but who cares about that. He bullied a black guy so we must be enraged. I saw a catchy phrase on Twitter: "If you want to end racism, stop calling people racists."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,685 times in 640 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    . I saw a catchy phrase on Twitter: "If you want to end racism, stop calling people racists."
    If you want to end racism, Do call people racists.

There is no black or white. There is Gaia. There is us. We are just an expression of Gaia. Simple.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

abmqa (22nd April 2017), Bob (23rd April 2017), Bruno (24th April 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member abmqa's Avatar
    Thanks

Starts at 1:00

Is it ever possible for someone to be an a-hole and not a racist?
    "
    Definitely not mutually exclusive. However, a racist is an a-hole. IMO

Also, having watched the clip of what you call O'Reilly bullying a black guy, others would deem his remarks as racist, and rightly so. IMO
    Last edited by abmqa; 22nd April 2017 at 22:19.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Bruno (24th April 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

[QUOTE=DNA;1147709]
    I think O'Reilly was a useful shill after 9/11 and they needed a Neo-Con mouth piece to spread their propaganda,
    All publicly available information firmly condemns O'Reilly as a chronic sexual harasser, which ultimately caused his rightful downfall.

I feel that his worse crime was being one of the shills that consistently spread the neocons "weapons of mass destruction" propaganda that helped lead the U.S. to invade and destabilize Iraq, which ultimately led to the formation of ISIS and the many thousands of deaths and millions of refugees that we see trying to flee Syria today.

In my opinion, he is getting off easy with a 25 million dollar golden parachute.

I say good riddance!!

O'Reilly had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and now Syria
    He was just as stupid as the rest of gullible America was in believing the 9/11 narrative as presented
    [/URL][/QUOTE

I firmly disagree.

"I think O'Reilly was a useful shill after 9/11 and they needed a Neo-Con mouth piece to spread their propaganda."

Does the above sound familiar? It should because I'm quoting You.

I'm not laying the entire Iraq/Syria in Bill's lap, however with platform afforded Mr. O'Reilly's and his millions of listeners, he was as you stated a mouth-piece for the Bush administration that spread propaganda about weapon's of mass destruction, despite the fact UN inspectors were clear in their assessment that none were to be found.

We should hold journalist to a higher standard when it comes to truth. IMO, Bill O'Reilly and all the other journalist that were mouth pieces for the neocon propaganda that led us to this disastrous and illegal war are culpable.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

. I saw a catchy phrase on Twitter: "If you want to end racism, stop calling people racists."
    If you want to end racism, Do call people racists.

There is no black or white. There is Gaia. There is us. We are just an expression of Gaia. Simple.
    There is no Gaia. But there are racists screaming racism. And they have more freedom of speech than those they accuse.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Chester (23rd April 2017), DNA (24th April 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

DNA you are right about pédophiles and scums that should be put down almost literally so perverted they are,

Sam you are right some men are taken almost all they have by gold diggers, or real hungry wifes.

However, for women and divorce, I have seen many much more women caught alone with their kid, having to supply for their food and roof, with no revenues from the father who has escaped to better faith with a new love and has no money to spare for his offsprings. However, yes, I have met some men that were left penniless and some men that were beaten by their wifes and could not protest because they would have been the one accused and arrested.

However, once again, these plights are much more frequent for women (just starting with women making on average 30% less revenue even when taking into account the child manufacturing periods (pregnancies). Injustice starts at birth for many women, throughout the world including north America.

I am one who has been plucked of her belongings and money, who has been working for years in a company with no returns (literally for free) because I dared wanting to divorce, and I am one of those who was left pretty much along to raise a kid with a handicap. And like many women, I did more than many men would for their offspring, such as working 70 hours a week to pay for the roof, food, and very expensive thérapies. I do think I was quite worst off than many men who pay huge alimonies and chldren support yet have free time and time for a new spouse (which I did not have for 18 years, up to three years ago).

Most men are not in a bad situation when they divorce for younger women, but often their wives are.

Now, when there is harassment at work, it used to be the women who had to give up her work in order to avoid this perpetual very detrimental situation and men would not even be told to stop by other men (the hierarchy). It was manly wasn't it. Now at a minimum women can denounce. And they can denounce for their children too if taken by pédophiles.

<and of course, all these are sex and power combined, the strongest possible addiction.
    Yeah... I guess you are right, women are maligned the world over. It's a shame... has to be the fault of the male half of the species too.

Men... men are so evil, especially white men.

I'm through with 'em.

All of 'em.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), DeDukshyn (23rd April 2017), Helene West (23rd April 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)

Yeah... I guess you are right, women are maligned the world over. It's a shame... has to be the fault of the male half of the species too.

Men... men are so evil, especially white men.

I'm through with 'em.

All of 'em.
    Women are evil too ... Men just get away with it more ... sometimes I feel I'm through with humans ... the vast majority seem so blind and idiotic to me ... but then I examine that and see, "****, now I have the disease that I hate in them!" ... stupid being human ... Then I remember the long term goals and the potential that will result ... and have to just accept it.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Bruno (24th April 2017), Chester (23rd April 2017), Flash (23rd April 2017), Helene West (23rd April 2017)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Abmqa, since that tired, decrepit word, racist, is mainly used as a control mechanism against an entire race of people, I don't care anymore. How long was O'Reilly on the air? Of all the many years it's probably been in the hundreds of people he's insulted, put down, bullied, cut-off, condescended, etc. And which vid do we present here? OF COURSE, a black male being put down... Now if he was polite, respectful to all his guests of every other race but different to this guy, I'd say, yeah, he's a bonawide / genufide Racist. But meh, he's just an arrogant, a-hole, to everyone...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Chester (23rd April 2017), DNA (24th April 2017)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Hi Helene,

Race and race relations are prominent areas of study in sociology and economics. Much of the research and work on racism in the last half-century or so has concentrated on "white racism" in the Western world, however, historical accounts of race-based social practices can be found across the globe.

As you have pointed out so-called "white racism" focuses on societies in which white populations are the majority or dominant social group?

Not trying to put words in your mouth, but racism is not limited only to "white racism" there exists many other societies where racism is not limited to "white people". Yes, there are racist people of color, many of them in fact.

Many sociologists argue that, particularly in the West where racism is often negatively sanctioned in society, racism has changed from being a blatant to a more covert expression of racial prejudice. The "newer" (more hidden and less easily detectable) forms of racism—which can be considered as embedded in social processes and structures—are more difficult to explore as well as challenge.

IMO, racism can be said to describe a condition in society in which a dominant racial group benefits from the oppression of others, whether they want such benefits or not.

So, I ask you. What word do you prefer to use to describe discriminatory action by members of a majority with the main intent of oppressing others?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Bruno (24th April 2017)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I say good riddance!!

[/URL]
    I firmly disagree.

"I think O'Reilly was a useful shill after 9/11 and they needed a Neo-Con mouth piece to spread their propaganda."

I'm not laying the entire Iraq/Syria in Bill's lap, however with platform afforded Mr. O'Reilly's and his millions of listeners, he was as you stated a mouth-piece for the Bush administration that spread propaganda about weapon's of mass destruction, despite the fact UN inspectors were clear in their assessment that none were to be found.

We should hold journalist to a higher standard when it comes to truth. IMO, Bill O'Reilly and all the other journalist that were mouth pieces for the neocon propaganda that led us to this disastrous and illegal war are culpable.

Abmqa, simply put I envy you if Bill O'Reilly and his lack of social etiquette are of utmost concern and importance to you in so far as what is wrong with this country

I personally feel that Bill O'Rielly could have been anybody, the Neo-cons had a plethora of choices as far as mouth pieces after 9/11
    Bill O'Reilly was a nobody anchor of the tabloid show "inside edition" before 9/11 brought him to prominence
    If it wasn't Bill O'Reilly reading a teleprompter it would have been someone else
    Saying Bill O"Reilly is responsible for the brain washing of America after 9/11 is like saying Britney Spears was the voice of her generation
    They are interchangeable parts in so far as their industry is concerned with very little instrinsic value other than we ascribe opinions to them as if those opinions are organic when in all probability those opinions are as fake as the food that is served from your local fast food restaurant
    Bill O'Reilly was an actor who happened to be good at playing the self-righteous white man raising the banner for demanding justice be served
    The hunger for justice fueled the goals of the neo-cons who wanted to invade the middle east to prop up the petrol dollar and set the stage for WWIII
    We are on the precipice of WWIII right now, and although I had hoped Trump would alter that course his recent actions lead me to believe he has been compromised and the agenda is still on course
    For those who haven't watched this video it is quite awesome for a ten minute piece
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7L8bw5QF4&t=71s
    Last edited by DNA; 23rd April 2017 at 13:53.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Abmqa, since that tired, decrepit word, racist, is mainly used as a control mechanism against an entire race of people, I don't care anymore. How long was O'Reilly on the air? Of all the many years it's probably been in the hundreds of people he's insulted, put down, bullied, cut-off, condescended, etc. And which vid do we present here? OF COURSE, a black male being put down... Now if he was polite, respectful to all his guests of every other race but different to this guy, I'd say, yeah, he's a bonawide / genufide Racist. But meh, he's just an arrogant, a-hole, to everyone...
    agree... and wait until they get a few doses of the new 8PM Eastern FOX show. Tucker takes no prisoners.

My wife, Cristina, is Colombian. We have been married almost 15 years. She just arrived here in the US (finally as it took us 3 years to immigrate her legally). I have been many places in the world with Cristina. I have never experienced being treated strangely where I could tell the reason was based on Cristina (clearly Hispanic) being with me, (clearly a white guy)... until Cristina arrived in the US.

I was not expecting this. In fact, what I expected was appreciation... not disdain. Ohhh and what I am talking about was noticed by Cristina as she confirmed to me after I finally started to see a pattern and asked her if I was delusional. She confirmed I was not and then explained (yes... she had to explain it to me because I am so racist, so white, so male... that I never even considered it).

I had begun to notice that so many of the Hispanics (mostly males) I encountered here in Texas, when accompanied by my wife, seemed to have an unexpectedly negative attitude towards me and sometimes both of us. I had not experienced anything like this to anywhere near this degree prior to Cristina and I going out into the public here in Texas. How strange I thought... how unexpected.

Cristina explained... but I best not share what she told me because I have no doubt that those who love to wag the racist finger may point it at my wife... even though her comment is based only on her observation over her 51 years on planet Earth and primarily in Latin America and the Caribbean.

And I probably shouldn't even share what I just wrote because I have all too often seen that if a white guy tries to discuss this subject, no matter what he might say about it unless he is simply agreeing with or parroting a US based liberal, he is automatically called a white nationalist, racist, zenophobe.

This is being massively driven by the media - worldwide (wake up!) This is being massively exploited and further driven by those who profit from pretending to be defenders of the downtrodden non-white races in the US (wake up!) It is the vulnerable that fall for it... thinking the Democrat party is their salvation and despite the facts the Democrat politicians (for the most part) don't give two shytes about any of them once they get their vote, most all of them cling to that party and think that's their salvation. Ohhh and don't think my finger pointing implies the "alternative" is any good either. It isn't IMO but for different reasons... but at least the Republicans aren't lined with race baiters whose very financial existence depends on an endless supply of the gullible and vulnerable. It is just sickening -

Here is just one example - Al Sharpton

Here is just one example of a global media outlet not helping the situation but instead fanning the flames -

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...the-franchise/

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    ... sometimes I feel I'm through with humans ... the vast majority seem so blind and idiotic to me ...
    agree, DeDukshyn... agree.

Wouldn't it be nice if the World could become a true sanctuary from ignorance (which is willful stupidity) and willful irresponsibility?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), DeDukshyn (23rd April 2017), DNA (23rd April 2017)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

I say good riddance!!

[/URL]
    I firmly disagree.

Abmqa, simply put I envy you if Bill O'Reilly and his lack of social etiquette are of utmost concern and importance to you in so far as what is wrong with this country

I personally feel that Bill O'Rielly could have been anybody, the Neo-cons had a plethora of choices as far as mouth pieces after 9/11
    Bill O'Reilly was a nobody anchor of the tabloid show "inside edition" before 9/11 brought him to prominence
    If it wasn't Bill O'Reilly reading a teleprompter it would have been someone else
    Saying Bill O"Reilly is responsible for the brain washing of America after 9/11 is like saying Britney Spears was the voice of her generation
    DNA,

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said that Bill O'Reilly is of utmost importance. I said he played a role, as well as other journalists.

For you to state and I quote you here "O'Reilly had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and now Syria" and here "I think O'Reilly was a useful shill after 9/11 and they needed a Neo-Con mouth piece to spread their propaganda."

For you to say that he had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and now Syria seems disingenuous and definitely contradicts your previous statements.

I'm all for clear and honest debate on this subject, however, I find your argument lacking in consistency and accuracy.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), sunwings (23rd April 2017)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I say good riddance!!

[/URL]
    I firmly disagree.

DNA,

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said that Bill O'Reilly is of utmost importance. I said he played a role, as well as other journalists.

For you to state and I quote you here "O'Reilly had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and now Syria" and here "I think O'Reilly was a useful shill after 9/11 and they needed a Neo-Con mouth piece to spread their propaganda."

For you to say that he had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and now Syria seems disingenuous and definitely contradicts your previous statements.

I'm all for clear and honest debate on this subject, however, I find your argument lacking in consistency and accuracy.

I find this topic trite
    It is a talking point spoon fed to you by the main stream media and my only reason for showing up on this thread was to hint at that
    By cheering for the demise of one talking head in the media it screams to me that you do not "get it" in terms that all of the main stream media is controlled
    They want you embroiled over the controversy of "sexual harassment" and "racism" and a reason to argue and hate your fellow Americans
    The media is controlled by the CIA, without a doubt and those same companies/sponsors who dumped O'Reilly in the first place
    Right now all of the main stream media in the United States I would dub an enemy to the people of the US and the world at large true journalism is dead in the MSM
    From Fox to CNN and everything in between
    I have nothing against you ABMQA, I don't know you in the slightest
    My main thrust here would be that if for some reason the Murdochs have found something wrong with O'Reilly then maybe O'Reilly is not all that bad, because folks like the Murdochs are the enemies of mankind in my opinion
    I care not for the main stream media talking points and I apologize if my refusal to stick to that narrative causes you to feel my dialogue is not substantive

36. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,606 times in 21,525 posts

I had begun to notice that so many of the Hispanics (mostly males) I encountered here in Texas, when accompanied by my wife, seemed to have an unexpectedly negative attitude towards me and sometimes both of us. I had not experienced anything like this to anywhere near this degree prior to Cristina and I going out into the public here in Texas. How strange I thought... how unexpected.
    I grew up in a fairly racist northern US town. It was all white. A black family did move in once, but soon moved on, as I doubt they felt welcome. My father was a bit shocked when I told him, just after I had gotten out of the Air Force, that I planned to move next to Atlanta, Georgia, because, as he said it, "You know ... there's ... down there." (referring to blacks, without actually saying the word, and doubtlessly thinking a less respectful word than "blacks" in his mind.)

I can readily imagine how my father would have reacted, inside, if he had seen the neighbor's daughter dating a black man. To understate matters, his reaction would not have resulted in a look of respect for the black man.

This matters to me some now because my son's girl friend of several years is a fine young lady from Central America, of Spanish and Aztec or Mayan (I forget which) ancestry. She and her parents speak Spanish at home, not English. My son is quite obviously white, of northern European ancestry.

Am I reading you more or less correctly, Sam, when you say that you are getting, when you are out and about with Christina in Texas, looks from Hispanics that might resemble the look that a black man would have gotten from my father, if the black man was acccompanying a white woman?
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 23rd April 2017 at 15:21.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Chester (23rd April 2017)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I grew up in a fairly racist northern US town. It was all white. A black family did move in once, but soon moved on, as I doubt they felt welcome. My father was a bit shocked when I told him, just after I had gotten out of the Air Force, that I planned to move next to Atlanta, Georgia, because, as he said it, "You know ... there's ... down there." (referring to blacks, without actually saying the word, and doubtlessly thinking a less respectful word than "blacks" in his mind.)

I can readily imagine how my father would have reacted, inside, if he had seen the neighbor's daughter dating a black man. To understate matters, his reaction would not have resulted in a look of respect for the black man.

This matters to me some now because my son's girl friend of several years is a fine young lady from Central America, of Spanish and Aztec or Mayan (I forget which) ancestry. She and her parents speak Spanish at home, not English. My son is quite obviously white, of northern European ancestry.

Am I reading you more or less correctly, Sam, when you say that you are getting, when you are out and about with Christina in Texas, looks from Hispanics that might resemble the look that a black man would have gotten from my father, if the black man was acccompanying a white woman?
    You have it partly right... Cristina is the one that tells me this is why. I had only noticed (and it took several experiences to actually allow myself to notice) that this was what was happening. I am sad if what Cristina tells me has any truth to it because plain and simply, I don't want this to be true.

See, I have lived (or worked) most of the last 20 years outside of the US. I have lived on the island of Curacao for eight of those years. I was always treated well by the folks in Curacao which includes a good many who didn't know I also had a company there for several years that employed over 100 folks from the island. I think a lot of this had to do with my own attitude which shone through my personality and aura. But also, and for the most part, I had experienced this general kindness, same thing in Panama, in Costa Rica and in Colombia... I was always treated well, always treated most friendly.

But also... when I was in Mumbai back in 2005, treated well, treated friendly, felt welcomed. I recall my 10 day long trip to Bangkok in 2000, was treated very kindly, in fact... treated like truly wonderfully and was my first experience in an Asian culture country. I remember being treated well in Amsterdam, London and especially well in the 6 months I lived (half the time) in Manchester back in 2007.

My two trips to Hong Kong back in 2008 and 2009 were wonderful. One of those trips lasted three weeks and I went all over that city almost always by myself and was always treated very kindly.

It has only been recently that I have come to experience what Cristina tells me is a form of prejudice. Maybe there's always a tinge of this underlying... here and there... maybe always has been, isn't unidirectional but goes all directions... but what I have experienced of late is a whole new level of this type of thing.

Folks who know me know who I am, what I am. It doesn't do any good to even attempt to express what I believe is an honest and accurate picture about myself anyways... who cares, who here on the forum might be impacted by my attitudes anywhere near as they would in the flesh, if they entered into relationship in one form or another with me. But I still feel compelled to try and convince any reader that this strange thing folks call racism ends with (at least in my case) at the doorway that leaves my heart. Of course I have had experiences that, if perhaps they were experienced by another... would be cited as grounds to have more racist attitudes, but I don't hold the 18 year old kid who, when coming back from court to his cell at the Lubbock County jail saw me and then came up and drop kicked me in the chest.... and when I asked him why he did that, ho looked at me with a glare and said, "Because the judge was white," (I learned later he had just been sentenced to five years in the pen). I felt bad for him, never held any ill will against him though I was a bit afraid of him. This is an understandable example of human actions / reactions.

But what gets me is folks like Sharpton that make a living off of fomenting hate and anger instead of giving his time to trying to raise understanding and explore true, lasting solutions. And what gets to me even more is the left leaning media... in fact, they (for the most part... not all, but certainly a large majority) make this a constantly thriving extremely over exaggerated issue and worse, they paint the matter as whites (and mostly if not exclusively white males) who are at fault.

Anytime anyone or any group calls anything and everything "racist," even when there may actually be a smidgen of racism involved is doing the worst thing to ever achieve resolution and that is -

Taking the focus OFF the individual and their own responsibility to rise above it. None of this (IMO) should have anything to do with skin color, religion, gender, sexual preferences or this newest child of the oppressed, gender identity that is not their biological gender... its all nothing but a distraction meant to avoid what is actually the real problem... and that is with regards to how person A treats person B (and I am restricting this to the human species for purposes of this discussion).

Person A and how they treat Person B. Person B and how they interpret their experience of being treated poorly by Person A. Person A needs to work on how they treat people. Person B needs to have a little understanding that Person A may have succumbed a bit to a combination of ignorant attitudes and perhaps a few unfortunate experiences but that is then inflamed further by the unconscionable media (almost exclusively politically left) and opportunistic professional race baiters (practically entirely politically left).

I have a lot more to say about this... but I probably already wrote way too much.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast