Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: O'Reilly outed from Fox

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Administrator Paul's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 94,778 times in 16,419 posts

Default Re: O'Reilly outed from Fox

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    I have a lot more to say about this... but I probably already wrote way too much.
    Perhaps one can think of racism as primarily a social disease, a disease of society, rather than primarily an individual disease. Perhaps the only people immune from social diseases are those who are more or less entirely disconnected from society, a rather inhuman and typically unfortunate state of affairs in its own way.

As you suggest - take the focus of racism OFF the individual's responsibility.

That's certainly how I think of my father, who I know as a gentle, caring and honorable person, devoted to his family, his children, his nation, and the plants and animals he cared for on his farm. That he was racist or had high blood pressure (a symptom of the health issues that eventually killed him) or a dreadful diet or a quite limited education, or was addicted to two or three packs of cigarettes per day are all unfortunate details, encouraged in him by circumstances and forces that were largely outside of his awareness and self improving abilities.
    Last edited by Paul; 23rd April 2017 at 18:45.
    *** Avalon Forum Guidelines - Membership Guidelines.
    *** ProjectAvalonStatus.net - Check here for forum status.
    Formerly known as "ThePythonicCow", aka "Cow", "Mooster", ...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Flash (23rd April 2017), Sam Hunter (23rd April 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Sam Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,825 times in 3,976 posts

I just found this post now and wish to highlight what turiya is saying here in this thread as this is exactly what I was also trying to say. The words of turiya say this far better than I could.

Quote Posted by turiya (here)
    And as I have said with the regard to race - in fact, I said forget about race... One has to come to understand that acceptance of oneself for who they are, this has to be the prequisite in order to accept others for who they are. Racism, then, becomes non existent. It automatically dissolves away on its own accord. The correct mindset is enough to do this.

I don't think that is an impossible task to achieve. A community of people that have achieved this mindset, it would & could spread like a wildfire... a contagion. It could become epidemical. A nation of people that accept themselves for who they are, would set a model for other nations to follow. And, it would not take long for there to come into existence an entire planet of people who love themselves for who they are that would accept other alien nations for who they are.

Only then would the Earth human family be allowed to enter the an interplanetary community. Laugh if you want to, but perhaps, this Trump presidency just may be the leading edge of this kind of awakening in human consciousness to come into fruition.

Just saying...
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sam Hunter For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Flash (23rd April 2017), Paul (23rd April 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Sam Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,825 times in 3,976 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I have a lot more to say about this... but I probably already wrote way too much.
    Perhaps one can think of racism as primarily a social disease, a disease of society, rather than a primarily individual disease. Perhaps the only people immune from social diseases are those who are more or less entirely disconnected from society, a rather inhuman and typically unfortunate state of affairs in its own way.

As you suggest - take the focus of racism OFF the individual's responsibility.

That's certainly how I think of my father, who I know as a gentle, caring and honorable person, devoted to his family, his children, his nation, and the plants and animals he cared for on his farm. That he was racist or had high blood pressure (a symptom of the health issues that eventually killed him) or a dreadful diet or a quite limited education, or was addicted to two or three packs of cigarettes per day are all unfortunate details, encouraged in him by circumstances and forces that were largely outside of his awareness and self improving abilities.
    I was possibly not clear - I will try to clarify. Labeling group "types" as either being racist or prone to demonstrating a greater percentage of racist actions (or other forms of prejudice based actions) is (for me) a major mistake.

To me this is about an individual's attitudes as revealed by their actions (which can include words). Folks, on an individual basis, should be pressed individually to own up to their responsibility on an individual basis to rise above these attitudes. By taking color or gender or nationality or religion or, or, or... out of the picture and instead holding another responsible in a direct way is, to me, the key out of this trap.

Who cares what prejudices I might have either been infected with or cultivated on my own... the fact that I am responsible for my actions (and words) is really all that matters today and in the now moment. If I have to figure out the whole psychological messs I find myself consumed by, then I damn well better do it... doesn't matter my gender, my religion, what sex I think I am, what country I am from, what color my skin is or any group anyone might wish to put me in or that I might see myself as being in.

To me... all that is distraction and the media and race baiting folks flame these fires. There doesn't even need to be a third party Machiavelli pulling on the puppet strings as we do that well enough to ourselves. Until we look in the mirror, individual by individual and decide that "I am going to accept my responsibility and be responsible..." nothing will ever change.

ahhh but in the case of your father, Paul... he sounds just like my grandfather was (same story... and he smoked himself dead at age 65 and was terribly prejudice)... that's when I take the responsibility not to judge, but to understand. And yet if Pop (my grandfather) were alive today and if he advanced those same attitudes, I would first let my own expressions speak, but if conversation on the matter were ever an opportunity, I would certainly share with him my views, many he might not have liked.

Loving folks does not mean accecpting unacceptable behavior, especially when it becomes clear that in doing so... one enables them further. Life is so tricky. Uuuggghhh.
    Last edited by Sam Hunter; 23rd April 2017 at 18:44.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sam Hunter For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Flash (23rd April 2017), Paul (23rd April 2017)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 42,042 times in 7,247 posts

I totally agree with you Sam, racism was and for most still is a tribal left over, from tribal thinking, and erasing racism has to start on an individual basis, with far reaching Inside (as well for sexism etc.).

I also know that there is worlwide discrepancies in the ways of thinking and behaving (example: in El Salvador, the way you say bye with your hand looks like "come here" for North Americans, and come here looks like "bye" for North American, which led to hilarious situations when I was there 40 years ago). But they are only discrepancies, not fundamental human différences (nobody is an ET here on earth, well, as much as we know).

I know also for a fact that any race raised in a given culture will take the behaviors and thinking patterns of that given culture. As a French Canadian, I see different thinking pattern on the French side than on the English side of my own city, but nowaday, it does not make much difference to most Montrealers, we know the différences and enjoy it (which was not the case 40 years ago because racism against French was rampant, which is not the case any longer).

Sam, you have had a hard life and your wife too, so you both understand what empathy and human behavior and respect is about.

In my own family, I have white people or French ancestry (which is in fact a mix of French, Irish, and American Indians, the basic roots which I am from), some Scandinavians origins, and then later additions some black women who are my nièces (and yes, my brother often gets dirty looks when he is with his daughters).

We have forgotten the colors, it has to be reminded to us by the outside world. Also, my own daughter is of mixed origins although she turned out to be more white than most white - I was expecting to have made a darker one... and she is dating a Swiss guys of Portuguese origins. This is what earth humans are slowly becoming, all in a very gentle way. My nephew comes to family parties with his girl friend, a mixed Colombian and Japanese (beautiful woman). And of course, I have myself lived in Central America and Turkey and still have many friends from both continents.

This is exactly why I am soooooo against anything that tries to limit our thinking and social behaving and impose some very restrictive laws on us, like the jihadists wanting the Sharia law. This is sooooooo much retrograde that it becomes clearly unacceptable for women, for different races, for Christians, name it. And believe me, the fundamentalists are crazies and will do anything to implement such (Turkey, which was very secular, where 80% of the population wanted nothing to do with politics based on religion in year 2,000, had a religiously based governement elected 10 years later, supported by the USA). So, the problem is constantly there and growing in the Western countries.

For example, I hate being told very arrogantly, with a loud voice for all to hear, in a food store by a man flirting the cashier in front of his wife "I have the right to four wifes, therefore and can and will flirt her" and turning to her and flirting her - no, in my country, this is illegal to have 4 wifes and if you came here, you've got to respect the laws and customs and your present wife can ask for divorce because you have a second wife. Period. But this is what Islamists want and Sharia law does. Women half of men legally, can be beaten by their husband, can be fired just with 4 sentences 3 times, etc. And no respect for the occidentals, whatsoever, in my own country, and I pay with my taxes for that... no thanks. I do understand not all Muslims are like that, but enough to make me think and not enough ordinary ones taking the high ground to protest against this.

Sharia and fundamental Islam is the ultimate racism these days, like it has not been seen since the crusades. I know, I have seen and lived it in business, in life, in the Streets of Montréal.

In my family and group of friends and society, this is unacceptable.

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I had begun to notice that so many of the Hispanics (mostly males) I encountered here in Texas, when accompanied by my wife, seemed to have an unexpectedly negative attitude towards me and sometimes both of us. I had not experienced anything like this to anywhere near this degree prior to Cristina and I going out into the public here in Texas. How strange I thought... how unexpected.
    I grew up in a fairly racist northern US town. It was all white. A black family did move in once, but soon moved on, as I doubt they felt welcome. My father was a bit shocked when I told him, just after I had gotten out of the Air Force, that I planned to move next to Atlanta, Georgia, because, as he said it, "You know ... there's ... down there." (referring to blacks, without actually saying the word, and doubtlessly thinking a less respectful word than "blacks" in his mind.)

I can readily imagine how my father would have reacted, inside, if he had seen the neighbor's daughter dating a black man. To understate matters, his reaction would not have resulted in a look of respect for the black man.

This matters to me some now because my son's girl friend of several years is a fine young lady from Central America, of Spanish and Aztec or Mayan (I forget which) ancestry. She and her parents speak Spanish at home, not English. My son is quite obviously white, of northern European ancestry.

Am I reading you more or less correctly, Sam, when you say that you are getting, when you are out and about with Christina in Texas, looks from Hispanics that might resemble the look that a black man would have gotten from my father, if the black man was acccompanying a white woman?
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), Paul (23rd April 2017), Sam Hunter (23rd April 2017)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 42,042 times in 7,247 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    DNA you are right about pédophiles and scums that should be put down almost literally so perverted they are,

Helen you are right about the ultraviolet feminism etc.

Sam you are right some men are taken almost all they have by gold diggers, or real hungry wifes.

However, for women and divorce, I have seen many much more women caught alone with their kid, having to supply for their food and roof, with no revenues from the father who has escaped to better faith with a new love and has no money to spare for his offsprings. However, yes, I have met some men that were left penniless and some men that were beaten by their wifes and could not protest because they would have been the one accused and arrested.

However, once again, these plights are much more frequent for women (just starting with women making on average 30% less revenue even when taking into account the child manufacturing periods (pregnancies). Injustice starts at birth for many women, throughout the world including north America.

I am one who has been plucked of her belongings and money, who has been working for years in a company with no returns (literally for free) because I dared wanting to divorce, and I am one of those who was left pretty much along to raise a kid with a handicap. And like many women, I did more than many men would for their offspring, such as working 70 hours a week to pay for the roof, food, and very expensive thérapies. I do think I was quite worst off than many men who pay huge alimonies and chldren support yet have free time and time for a new spouse (which I did not have for 18 years, up to three years ago).

Most men are not in a bad situation when they divorce for younger women, but often their wives are.

Now, when there is harassment at work, it used to be the women who had to give up her work in order to avoid this perpetual very detrimental situation and men would not even be told to stop by other men (the hierarchy). It was manly wasn't it. Now at a minimum women can denounce. And they can denounce for their children too if taken by pédophiles.

<and of course, all these are sex and power combined, the strongest possible addiction.
    Yeah... I guess you are right, women are maligned the world over. It's a shame... has to be the fault of the male half of the species too.

Men... men are so evil, especially white men.

I'm through with 'em.

All of 'em.
    Women are evil too ... Men just get away with it more ... sometimes I feel I'm through with humans ... the vast majority seem so blind and idiotic to me ... but then I examine that and see, "****, now I have the disease that I hate in them!" ... stupid being human ... Then I remember the long term goals and the potential that will result ... and have to just accept it.
    Yep, just accept it (how humans are) while hoping we won't destroy the earth in the meantime.

I have also learned something else: sometimes it is one's karma to protest and expose the unacceptable, the thing that harms others, like the Nazi should have been exposed, or the craziness of Hitler. If you have not done your human homework before, you will have to to it now, kind of.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2017), DeDukshyn (23rd April 2017), Paul (23rd April 2017), Sam Hunter (23rd April 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3