Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: O'Reilly outed from Fox

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Lightbulb O'Reilly outed from Fox

Fox News and Bill O'Reilly are talking exit - source money.cnn dot com

Quote Fox News will no longer even respond to questions about whether Bill O'Reilly will return to his show.

A well-placed source said Tuesday afternoon that representatives for Fox and O'Reilly have begun talking about an exit. But this prompted a denial from sources in O'Reilly's camp.

Even one person close to O'Reilly, however, said he will probably not be back on "The O'Reilly Factor."

The original well-placed source said an announcement about O'Reilly's fate was likely by the end of the week.

The fact that none of these sources were willing to go on the record speaks to the delicate maneuvering underway.

The network's parent company, 21st Century Fox (FOX), will hold a board meeting on Thursday, a spokeswoman told CNNMoney. One of the sources said O'Reilly will be a primary topic.

The Murdochs, the men who control 21st Century Fox, are pointedly not commenting on any of this.
    But conversations inside Fox have already turned to possible O'Reilly successors.

New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman, the author of a biography about ex-Fox News boss Roger Ailes, reported Tuesday that "the Murdochs are leaning toward announcing that O'Reilly will not return to the air."

Sherman cited "three sources with knowledge of the discussions" and said "no final decision has been made."

As CNNMoney has previously reported, there had been a split between Rupert Murdoch, the company's patriarch, and his sons James and Lachlan, with James advocating for O'Reilly's ouster.

Lachlan was previously said to be in the middle. Sherman said Tuesday that Lachlan has "leaned more in his brother James's direction" in recent days.
    BBC says he's being dropped because of harassment charges..

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

Default Re: O'Reilly outed from Fox

Excellent! He won't be missed.
    Breathe in the air

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

abmqa (19th April 2017), Antagenet (22nd April 2017), Bob (19th April 2017), DeDukshyn (19th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2017), Inversion (20th April 2017), Nasu (19th April 2017), sunwings (19th April 2017), The Freedom Train (20th April 2017), toppy (19th April 2017)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,684 times in 640 posts

Quote Posted by seko (here)
    Excellent! He won't be missed.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

danegeroussacredgeometry (21st April 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2017), seko (20th April 2017), The Freedom Train (20th April 2017)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

I have a relative who was a production assistant on O'Reilly's show back in the early 2000's. She told me back then that he continually harassed attractive female staff members and management turned a blind eye to it. Everybody at Fox knew about it back then, so something has changed internally regarding their attitude towards him. It may be as simple as ratings.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

bettye198 (24th April 2017), Bob (20th April 2017), DNA (20th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2017), Inversion (20th April 2017), seko (20th April 2017), sunwings (20th April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017), The Freedom Train (20th April 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

I hear that the Murdochs via 21st Century FOX are trying to buy Sky and that one of the "authorities" involved in the approval process is the media "watchdog" Ofcom.

The opinion is that Ofcom's approval would likely come easier of they canned O'Reilly and adjusted the trend of their company's culture - a culture of sexual harassment by the alpha males at FOX who, I guess, felt empowered and perhaps became bolder when they experienced little or no executive or managerial push back to their behavior.

Note the following was published well before the April 1st news blast about the 5 women and 13 million in settlement money -

https://www.ft.com/content/a1c7c914-...8-3700c5664d30
    Last edited by Chester; 20th April 2017 at 15:59.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (20th April 2017), Inversion (20th April 2017), mgray (21st April 2017)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,810 times in 3,459 posts

Psychopaths come in all forms: conservative, liberal, transparent and secretive. O'Reilly was about as transparent as they come. A long history of sexual harassment, lies about his own personal experiences (e.g. his visit to George DeMohrenschieldt as he supposedly was comitting suicide), divorce records that show him beating his wife while his daughter was witnessing the incident, etc. In spite of this, a few will continue to listen to him talk about morals and "culture wars" and read his book on Jesus, as if this individual were a moral authority to be looked up to.

Most people will be able to see that at least Bill O'Reilly is a psycopath - he is about as obvious as come - although it will be harder for a few who's political beliefs are similar. And for some liberals, they will relish at length in O'Reilly's demise, meanwhile, they will trumpet the virtues of Barack Obama who has built a national surveillance security state, Hillary Clinton was has turned the nation of Libya from the most prosperous to a terrorist state with an open slave market, and even Bernie Sanders who has approved trillions in defense spending.

Yes, good riddance to Bill O'Reilly, a most transparent psycopath. But there are many, many, many more not so transparent ones, liberal, conservative and other. Many they soon tumble down from their lofty places too.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

abmqa (20th April 2017), Antagenet (22nd April 2017), bettye198 (24th April 2017), Bob (20th April 2017)

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Strange I’ve never heard anything before about him and sexual harassment and both o’reilly and myself have been around awhile. All I know is that recently he made fun of a grotesque racist’s hairdo and now he’s gone. Not saying harassment didn’t occur just saying I find it strange, particularly in his industry with cameras, mikes, etc all over the place more than other industries, that he would be so stupid to jeopardize his career. Whatever, Tucker Carlson is cool with me.

As a former radical feminist and current pessimistic observer of life I wouldn’t today trust a woman’s word any more than I’d trust a guy’s. Men with money and power need to consider the strategy of Pastor Billy Graham. Once he was married he was never alone in the same room with a woman again, he was famous for always having someone else present. I don’t think it was all being chaste on his part, I think he was a smart observer of humanity and knew even in his ‘flocks’ there would be golddiggers and hustlers, lol.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Antagenet (22nd April 2017), Bob (20th April 2017), DNA (20th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2017)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

I think O'Reilly was a useful shill after 9/11 and they needed a Neo-Con mouth piece to spread their propaganda, but strangely enough it seems like O'Reilly was waking up and was unapologetically giving his honest take on things which strangely enough started to land closer and closer to the truth in a horse shoes and hand grenades kind of way
    It could be that a broken clock is right at least twice a day or it could mean after a decade and a half of media and political exposure he may have actually started to develop a discerning mind
    Regardless I don't think sexual harassment had anything to do with his demise, he was no longer toting the party line via the Murdochs, which means he wasn't toting the new Neocon line which is actually the Democon line
    Just my take

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

bettye198 (24th April 2017), Bob (20th April 2017), genevieve (24th April 2017), Helene West (20th April 2017), Inversion (20th April 2017), KiwiElf (20th April 2017), Omni (4th May 2017), PurpleLama (21st April 2017), seko (20th April 2017)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,521 times in 20,692 posts

I just got this newsletter from UltraViolet, a women's rights activist group

Quote Nita and Shaunna, UltraViolet

You just took down one of the biggest names in American media and politics. Thanks to you, Bill O'Reilly won't be returning to Fox News.

The announcement came Wednesday morning, less than a day after survivors of sexual assault, UltraViolet members, and our friends at Color of Change and others took to Fox News offices to demand this sexual predator be taken off prime time TV.

This was neither quick nor easy to do. The O'Reilly Factor has dominated cable news for years, raking in the biggest audience of any network each night. But after 140,000 UltraViolet members joined powerful allies like Color of Change and Media Matters for America, toxic racist and sexual predator O'Reilly will no longer abuse women in the newsroom or be in front of four million viewers every night.

Below are the things UltraViolet members did to make this happen.

Almost 80,000 UltraViolet members signed onto a petition calling on 21st Century Fox to fire Fox News CEO Bill Shine and Fox News host Bill O’Reilly over their role in taking part in and covering up abuse at Fox News.
    More than 60,000 UltraViolet members signed onto a petition calling on advertisers on the O'Reilly Factor and Fox News to cut ties with the network over the lack of accountability for sex crimes.
    Over 500 sexual assault survivors and UltraViolet members penned a letter to 21st Century Fox executives, demanding O'Reilly be fired.
    Dozens of UltraViolet, Color of Change, and NOW NYC members as well as NYC Public Advocate Letitia James rallied with sexual assault survivors who powerfully told their stories and demanded Fox fire O'Reilly. News reports credit this protest as one of the key reasons Fox finally decided to fire O'Reilly.
    Along with the protest, UltraViolet flew a plane around Manhattan with a banner reading "FOX: #DROPOREILLY, THE SEXUAL PREDATOR."
    UltraViolet released a new online ad targeting members of the board of 21st Century Fox ahead of their board meeting Thursday to decide the fate of Bill O'Reilly. The video documents stories of women sexually harassed by Bill O'Reilly.
    UltraViolet put up movie-sized posters around Fox headquarters and online ads targeted to Fox News employees asking, "Have you also been sexually harassed by Bill?"
    Since August of last year, thousands of UltraViolet members have flooded Fox offices with phone calls.
    This once again shows that taking action together works--even taking down seemingly unbeatable household names like Bill O'Reilly.

Thank you for all you do.
    More here: https://act.weareultraviolet.org/sig...7.50843.G1CyU_
    Each breath a gift...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), Helene West (21st April 2017), seko (20th April 2017)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Strange I’ve never heard anything before about him and sexual harassment and both o’reilly and myself have been around awhile...
    I recall perhaps the first public incident when a female staffer accused him of sexual harassment. He repeatedly phoned her so she recorded several conversations. The recordings were held by her lawyer and a few excerpts were on the court filing for anyone to read, which I did. I believe this was around 12 years ago. I don't recall the details clearly but it truly was harassment. She asked him to stop, he did not. They settled out of court so we don't know much more.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), Helene West (21st April 2017)

21. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    Haha! that's good!

But the sad reality is that O'Reilly has been harrassing women for many, many years while Fox looked the other way. Only when sponsors started to pull out did Fox even do anything -- what they did is take care of their own bottom line, that's it.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

abmqa (21st April 2017), Bob (21st April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Maybe he did harassment but I'll leave that to karma. I personally never liked the guy or his show so defending him in particular isn't what I'm into.

I just find the growing throngs of predatory females concerning. These are much of the same ilk that are simply white haters and man haters. Were they around, did they organize or reach out when the young girl was raped in MD by refugees? No. There was neither money to be made there nor did it seem to have virtue signaling potential so the white female (ultraviolets) won't be interested and the 'color of change' crew won't be interested because of their bigotry (it lacked the requisite white hurting a non-white). I'm a female too and I don't feel the victory over suffering that I feel when a bad guy is nabbed. They are after well-to-do and/or symbolic white males and though o'reilly may have a good amount of money, he doesn't belong to the elite class or their service professionals, he's just a white guy that 'made it big' so his type is an ideal target for leftist predators.

Also if he hadn't made fun of grotesque maxine I doubt 'color of change' would have gotten involved. Racists of color have been holding on tight to their victim status for a long time so have tactical practice in targeting but (white) females are just getting warmed up in the predator arena. Part of the cultural genocide of (non-elite) whites is to separate white women from white men. Pair white females off with different races and diminish/eliminate white males. You may say 'but this is not related' and you may be right and I'm connecting dots where there are none and perhaps a very bad man got taken down, but the human mind works in symbols and reading the language of the females in Onawah's post it sounds like the same crowd that are unwittingly assisting the globalists.
    I wasn't even interested in o'reilly's leaving when I first read it on twitter until i started reading this thread. Now I'd be interested in hearing o'reilly and seeing what vibe I'd get.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), Chester (21st April 2017), DNA (21st April 2017), PurpleLama (21st April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member abmqa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I think O'Reilly was a useful shill after 9/11 and they needed a Neo-Con mouth piece to spread their propaganda,
    All publicly available information firmly condemns O'Reilly as a chronic sexual harasser, which ultimately caused his rightful downfall.

I feel that his worse crime was being one of the shills that consistently spread the neocons "weapons of mass destruction" propaganda that helped lead the U.S. to invade and destabilize Iraq, which ultimately led to the formation of ISIS and the many thousands of deaths and millions of refugees that we see trying to flee Syria today.

In my opinion, he is getting off easy with a 25 million dollar golden parachute.

I say good riddance!!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), Inversion (22nd April 2017), onawah (23rd April 2017), PurpleLama (21st April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

[QUOTE=abmqa;1147632]
    Quote Posted by DNA (here)

In my opinion, he is getting off easy with a 25 million dollar golden parachute.
    $25M!! wow, I think the line of 'suffering' females just got longer

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), Chester (21st April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017)

29. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Breitbart’s Marlow: O’Reilly Ouster ‘Pyrrhic Victory’ for Totalitarian Left

Breitbart editor-in-chief Alex Marlow tells Los Angeles Times’ David Ng that Bill O’Reilly’s ouster from Fox News was a “Pyrrhic victory” for the partisan activists who organized the advertiser boycott against him.

From the Los Angeles Times:

Some see the O’Reilly drama as a partisan attack from activists who care little about the victims of sexual harassment.

“The motives are deeply political,” said Alex Marlow, editor-in-chief at Breitbart News, the conservative, pro-Trump website. He said the advertiser boycott of “The O’Reilly Factor” — which saw numerous advertisers jump ship after the sexual allegations were made public — represents the creeping influence of corporate executives over what goes on in newsrooms around the country.

“It’s creating an America where corporations decide what can and can’t be said, and I don’t like the idea where the corporations have so much control,” Marlow said. “Corporations are under pressure to pull advertising from anyone who is right of center — it’s an attack on free speech.”

“Fox’s prime-time lineup is actually becoming more pro-Trump,” said Marlow. “So the left is getting a Pyrrhic victory.”
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), Helene West (22nd April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017)

31. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Maybe he did harassment but I'll leave that to karma. I personally never liked the guy or his show so defending him in particular isn't what I'm into.

I just find the growing throngs of predatory females concerning. These are much of the same ilk that are simply white haters and man haters. Were they around, did they organize or reach out when the young girl was raped in MD by refugees? No. There was neither money to be made there nor did it seem to have virtue signaling potential so the white female (ultraviolets) won't be interested and the 'color of change' crew won't be interested because of their bigotry (it lacked the requisite white hurting a non-white). I'm a female too and I don't feel the victory over suffering that I feel when a bad guy is nabbed. They are after well-to-do and/or symbolic white males and though o'reilly may have a good amount of money, he doesn't belong to the elite class or their service professionals, he's just a white guy that 'made it big' so his type is an ideal target for leftist predators.

Also if he hadn't made fun of grotesque maxine I doubt 'color of change' would have gotten involved. Racists of color have been holding on tight to their victim status for a long time so have tactical practice in targeting but (white) females are just getting warmed up in the predator arena. Part of the cultural genocide of (non-elite) whites is to separate white women from white men. Pair white females off with different races and diminish/eliminate white males. You may say 'but this is not related' and you may be right and I'm connecting dots where there are none and perhaps a very bad man got taken down, but the human mind works in symbols and reading the language of the females in Onawah's post it sounds like the same crowd that are unwittingly assisting the globalists.
    I wasn't even interested in o'reilly's leaving when I first read it on twitter until i started reading this thread. Now I'd be interested in hearing o'reilly and seeing what vibe I'd get.
    Hi Helene... you might appreciate this one -

I am certain O'Reilly won't be marrying again. (ADDED: Unless he has an iron clad "prenuptial").

He is worth almost $100 million and the golden parachute will send him well over that.
    Last edited by Chester; 21st April 2017 at 12:32.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), DNA (22nd April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member abmqa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    Breitbart’s Marlow: O’Reilly Ouster ‘Pyrrhic Victory’ for Totalitarian Left

Breitbart editor-in-chief Alex Marlow tells Los Angeles Times’ David Ng that Bill O’Reilly’s ouster from Fox News was a “Pyrrhic victory” for the partisan activists who organized the advertiser boycott against him.

“It’s creating an America where corporations decide what can and can’t be said, and I don’t like the idea where the corporations have so much control,” Marlow said. “Corporations are under pressure to pull advertising from anyone who is right of center — it’s an attack on free speech.”

“Fox’s prime-time lineup is actually becoming more pro-Trump,” said Marlow. “So the left is getting a Pyrrhic victory.”
    America has been tilting towards Fascism for years, in the form of "Corporatism".

In my opinion Trump is not really a "conservative" nor is he a true Republican in his leanings.

This has caused him many problems with the Conservative Republicans, such as Joe Scarborough, and even Bill O'Reilly at times.

I'm starting to believe that Trump did not understand politics enough to form a cogent political stance that allows conservative republicans to get on board with him.

I think what motivates Trump the most is his strong desire to be liked! Adored even.

He has learned that initiating aggressive military actions and talk will get him the support of most conservative Republicans and Democrats which is very troubling.

I truly expect him to get us into yet another tragic and unnecessary war.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Flash (22nd April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Gosh Sam, I am going nuts really - real scary stuff, please read

What is that video about Robin Williams - this guys whose name I do not remember starts with really very good sypnosis of Williams' life, but then goes on a huge rant against women who take alimony support when they divorce, saying they quit their job, they should not be paid. Anyhow, I thought his rant was sooooooo biaised that I wanted to stop listening to it.

Search for the video on my opened windows, did not find it. Closed the browser, it did not worked, it continued to play,

no kidding I shut down the whole computer AND IT CONTINUED TO PLAY!!!!! FU ... SH.... What am I to do?

Someone did put a virus there to force women to listen till the end or what!!!

Did this ever happened to anyone here???

I feel very much 1984 all overseeing eye right now!! (while laughing cause I cannot believe this - worst than mandela effect)

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)

Hi Helene... you might appreciate this one -

I am certain O'Reilly won't be marrying again.

He is worth almost $100 million and the golden parachute will send him well over that.
    Last edited by Flash; 21st April 2017 at 09:33.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), Chester (21st April 2017), PurpleLama (21st April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017)

37. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ok... here's a "less triggering" video - done "The English way."

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2017), Flash (22nd April 2017), Helene West (22nd April 2017), TargeT (21st April 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast