+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Advisor to Putin hints at the collapse of the US Dollar

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Default Re: Advisor to Putin hints at the collapse of the US Dollar

Britain was bankrupt at the end of WWII. I've been trying to do a search on how the switch from the British Pound Sterling to the USD as the reserve currency affected the man on the street in the UK. How did that affect their purchasing power in the transition? What did the average person in Britain go through? but I'm not having too much luck in finding this out. It could help us understand what is in store for us...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2017), regnak (25th April 2017), seko (26th April 2017), TargeT (25th April 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Helene West money advice well Goverments everywhere are broke so all bets are off . Gold and silver can be seized by the Goverments they done it before and they are tracking every cent . The Euro is cracking at the moment Japan is broke from nuclear accident were the plants melted down .
    Martin Armstrong says well private assets but he also says property is taxed and can be taxed more if they so wish . Goverment debt can be extended if they cannot pay the 1930 debt was extended to 1960's so while you still got payed it was 30 years later . The biggest danger lies in the
    two big to fail banks which Martin Armstrong says will close in the middle of the night without warning he says small regional banks are safer . Peple have suggested burying your money in your back yard see India were they just simply cancelled there currency you can exchange it for new currency but
    only at a fraction of it true worth 500 = 5 lol.

Martin Armstrong says for true safety for money he is not sure .

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th April 2017), Bruno (26th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2017), Helene West (25th April 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Britain was bankrupt at the end of WWII. I've been trying to do a search on how the switch from the British Pound Sterling to the USD as the reserve currency affected the man on the street in the UK. How did that affect their purchasing power in the transition? What did the average person in Britain go through? but I'm not having too much luck in finding this out. It could help us understand what is in store for us...
    I found some information here, though it's still focused on wide ranging factors more than what the common man went through. Overall I'd say there will definitely be hard times when the Dollar collapses, but it won't necessarily be like Zimbabwe or Weimar Germany either.

Of course, Britain also had help from the US back then, so I'm not sure if China/Russia would be willing to do the same. Peak oil and it's replacement is another big factor to consider.
    Last edited by Chris Gilbert; 25th April 2017 at 17:33.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th April 2017), Bruno (26th April 2017), Helene West (25th April 2017), norman (25th April 2017), regnak (25th April 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Quote Posted by Chris Gilbert (here)
    I found some information here, though it's still focused on wide ranging factors more than what the common man went through. Overall I'd say there will definitely be hard times when the Dollar collapses, but it won't necessarily be like Zimbabwe or Weimar Germany either.

Of course, Britain also had help from the US back then, so I'm not sure if China/Russia would be willing to do the same. Peak oil and it's replacement is another big factor to consider.
    Thx. I went to your link, wikipedia. Strange reading this and other articles I perused and though they may describe the austerity the Brits went through after wwII all the way to the '50s they don't mention the transfer of the world's reserve currency from the BPS to the USD. It's like it never occurred. Strange...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th April 2017), Bruno (26th April 2017), regnak (25th April 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

Greetings Helene & everyone,
    On UKColumn.org there are various well-written Financial articles, most written by Mike Robinson. However, someone on the Forum, could better direct you than I.

Just remembered : As a young lad, pre - Decimal, the Half - Crown, was referred to as Half - A - Dollar, in fact of the Dollar being Eight to a Pound Sterling ! !

appropos : Just as NESARA, UKColumn,( British Constitution Group ) is trying to gain widespread recognition of a return to the Bradbury Pound; Financial security, based on REAL values of the Nations Production, and NOT upon fictitious scams...

Good searching !
    Last edited by Frenchy; 25th April 2017 at 20:00. Reason: addendum - Half - Crown

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th April 2017), Helene West (25th April 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 times in 404 posts

To Morbid, Libya under Gaddafi was getting close to issuing a pan African currency backed by gold. No doubt that was one of the most important reasons he was killed.

A gold backed currency is much more stable than what we have now in that it limits the amount of money that banks can loan out. After the US abandoned the gold standard in the early 70's the banks went crazy creating all sorts of loans out of thin air. Thus we now have a debt based system whereby the elites can suck more money from the economy.

It looks like Russia and China see that the present financial system is deliberately set up to funnel as much money as they dare into the hands of the Rosthchild/Rockefeller banking consortium. That would be much more difficult under a gold backed system. In essence a gold backed system would be "fairer" to all players.

One needs to ask why are Russia and China stockpiling so much gold? If they approve of the current system then why bother? Obviously, to me, they do not approve. The slow burn is watching this scenario play out over time. China and Russia know that the only sure way to bring the US dollar to its knees is to create a gold backed currency. Then Christine Lagarde and her ilk will actually have to share the world's wealth. No more economic hit men working for the elites. When the US dollar is no longer the world's standard I see financial collapse coming quickly. The basket of currencies is simply the strategy of the moment from the elites to plug the dam, prevent Russia and China from bringing the system down.

I also need to consider the larger war of good versus evil going on at a solar system and beyond level and how that influences events on the planet. I see no way of measuring its effect but am sure the influence is real.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th April 2017), Bruno (26th April 2017), Morbid (27th April 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,715 times in 8,943 posts

No, nothing to do with lumber and nothing to do with Canada alone nor free trade. The company is an international company whose Customer base is worldwide.

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Today I have been told by a very large corporation exec, at high levels, that they are preparing for a real huge downturn in the economy, I mean preparing in the bolts and knots of daily management through financial crisis, preparing right now. I thanked them for confirming what I had read.

When large corporations know and are in such readiness, it is coming folks, get prepared as well.

Paul, it is time right now to tie up all our readings and everything we know for this coming downturn, it is at our doors.
    Flash, was he referring mainly to Canada? I thought of your post yesterday after the lumber tariff decision and then woke up this morning to find the Canadian dollar disown almost a full cent.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th April 2017), Bruno (26th April 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

enigma3. as far as im aware most gold in the world is held by rothschilds so any gold standard will play into their interests. you see its not simply just 'us' plebs & 'them' elite. their unity is broken at the moment & different groups see future differently, hence the crisis. if we escape from one trap, other group already got a net set up for our next struggle. imho we need to think outside the box - cryptocurrencies i believe is something entierly new & outside of existing forces of control..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (3rd May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2