+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solar Flare Mania

1. Link to Post #1
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Default Solar Flare Mania

A friend alerted me to this recent news yesterday. Interesting. I would love to hear what ya'lls take on this is - hype or legit?

At first glance, it appears to corroborate, potentially, what Major Ed Dames was saying in his somewhat recent (as of last summer) "kill shot" video, which I was actually somewhat turned off by. I felt like his urging people to build underground bunkers to "hide" from the solar flares that his team remote viewed sounded like NWO marching orders. Isn't that what the elite people are all doing? Preparing to run and hide in the depths of the earth like cockroaches? It seems backwards to me. I keep getting the sense that there is no point in trying to escape this. If it happens, it will do exactly what it is meant to do.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/21/earth-m...-solar-flares/

Upcoming Solar Flares Could Wreak Havoc on Earth

A giant fissure has opened across the sun and is spewing rapid solar winds toward our planet.

NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory got wind of the massive hole Friday morning.

This coronal hole is a vast region where the sun’s magnetic field tears apart, allowing solar wind to escape.

Super-charged solar winds flowing from the sun’s atmosphere are expected to reach Earth on April 23 or 24.

According to the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, this could whip up a “moderately strong” geomagnetic storm.

These kinds of storms are behind the beautiful natural phenomenon the Northern Lights.

But a storm of this magnitude could have an effect on power grids and navigation systems across the Earth’s surface.

G2 storms affect plane and military radio systems, spacecraft operations, and could trigger voltage alarms or cause equipment damage in power systems.

NASA Scientists are growing increasingly concerned over the effect a solar explosion, flare or storm could have on humanity.

Our growing dependence on technology puts humans at a greater risk if power grids, planes and satellites stop working.

US President Barack Obama was forced to issue a chilling warning to the nation in preparation for devastating space storms earlier this year.

He said: “Extreme space weather events — those that could significantly degrade critical infrastructure — could disable large portions of the electrical power grid, resulting in cascading failures that would affect key services such as water supply, health care, and transportation.

“Space weather has the potential to simultaneously affect and disrupt health and safety across entire continents.”

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

avid (24th April 2017), Bruno (24th April 2017), DeDukshyn (24th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th April 2017), ghostrider (25th April 2017), Inversion (24th April 2017), Nasu (25th April 2017), Star Tsar (24th April 2017), Tyy1907 (24th April 2017), william r sanford72 (25th April 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,801 times in 2,667 posts

Default Re: Solar Flare Mania

Blackouts in major US cities at a similar time.... ?
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (24th April 2017), ghostrider (25th April 2017), Michelle Marie (26th April 2017), sunwings (24th April 2017), The Freedom Train (24th April 2017), Tyy1907 (24th April 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

After a bit of various checking, it looks like activity will stay fairly polar - impact should be minimal. It seems we have been bombarded this past month or so though ...

Current Conditions

at 2017-04-24 16:00 UT

Polar: active
    Auroral: unsettled
    Sub-auroral: quiet

24 Hour Forecast

Polar: unsettled + stormy intervals
    Auroral: active + stormy intervals
    Sub-auroral: unsettled
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (24th April 2017), Bruno (24th April 2017), Ewan (25th April 2017), fourty-two (25th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th April 2017), frodo13 (25th April 2017), Inversion (24th April 2017), The Freedom Train (24th April 2017), Wind (24th April 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Thank you DeDukshyn! Now I believe it is necessary for me to do a bit of research so that I can understand what your post means! I am excited to discover what Polar, Auroral, and Sub-auroral mean. Thank you for the lesson

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Bruno (24th April 2017), DeDukshyn (24th April 2017), fourty-two (25th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th April 2017), Michelle Marie (26th April 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

It really doesn't look that bad activity wise. We had a few level 6 geomagnetic storms (instability), and currently the data is showing a lot more stability. The coronal hole is large but not as large as others have been.

Something that I did notice, last nite, periods of infra-sonics, (about 5 cycles per second) pressure waves were being noted, similar to what the "Taos Hum" is supposed to be like, or a sound of like a very large truck engine at slow speed idle. I was able to count the pressure waves per second it was that strong, looking a my tea vibrating (I could also feel it on the walls of the room too)..

After that series of events (lasting about a hour, for periods of about 2 minute intervals), it broke into "harmonic-like" oscillations, as if the overtones were present, with a few bursts, the activity ceased about 11pm..

I consider such to be magnetospheric vibration from the solar particle stream.. I believe also during stronger storms with similar orientation of earth to the sun, that one can get even larger "sky sounds", similar to what they call "ship's horns blowing, or "trumpets" " sounding from the sky. I have heard those and "sky booms" too, all during periods of intense solar/earth geomagnetic coupling.

It was interesting last nite, with the "infra-sound" experiences. Such are normally not "heard" but felt. Putting one's hand on a large wall one can then sense when the pressure waves are coming in..

references - one can look up geomagnetic atmospheric interaction, I read a report last nite looking up the phenomena, and such was reported as happening as early as 1961.

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

I subscribe to the SWPC news emails, and noticed that I got a ton of them this weekend. But none of them climbed above a G2, which generally aren't big enough to worry about.
    "Potential Impacts: primarily poleward of 55 degrees latitude. Power grid fluctuations can occur. Power systems at high latitudes could be affected more strongly, like voltage alarms. Could affect satellite orientation. Radio signals at high latitudes can get messed up. And auroras that could potentially be seen down as low as New York, Wisconsin, Washington."

Nothing that would cause me to consider putting all of my family's cell phones and tablets in the microwave. :-) (Easy Faraday cage.)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Ewan (25th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th April 2017), The Freedom Train (25th April 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by Joe Akulis (here)
    I subscribe to the SWPC news emails, and noticed that I got a ton of them this weekend. But none of them climbed above a G2, which generally aren't big enough to worry about.
    "Potential Impacts: primarily poleward of 55 degrees latitude. Power grid fluctuations can occur. Power systems at high latitudes could be affected more strongly, like voltage alarms. Could affect satellite orientation. Radio signals at high latitudes can get messed up. And auroras that could potentially be seen down as low as New York, Wisconsin, Washington."

Nothing that would cause me to consider putting all of my family's cell phones and tablets in the microwave. :-) (Easy Faraday cage.)
    Test your microwave with an RF meter...you'll be shocked by how much radiation is emitted from it when it is "ON".
    The cage around the microwave is designed for microwave frequencies so if microwaves are getting out, that means that microwaves will also get into the microwave cage.
    Going up higher in the frequency ranges, eg. 10 to 18 Ghz makes the microwave shielding even less effective.
    For ionizing radiation (e.g. x-rays and above), the microwave shielding is effectively useless.
    Last edited by dynamo; 24th April 2017 at 23:00. Reason: spelling

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Bob (24th April 2017), Ewan (25th April 2017), fourty-two (25th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th April 2017), The Freedom Train (25th April 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by The Freedom Train (here)
    Thank you DeDukshyn! Now I believe it is necessary for me to do a bit of research so that I can understand what your post means! I am excited to discover what Polar, Auroral, and Sub-auroral mean. Thank you for the lesson
    I have a few "quick check" websites I visit - the Canada government "space weather" website is good for quickly seeing if anything is up. That is where I clipped those stats from.

I know if the "sub auroral" areas are "unsettled", "active" or "stormy" -- that there's a good chance for aurora borealis (and the usual risks) If the Sub-Auroral region gets "Stormy" or "Major storm", expect issues.

Also they have the graph for "Geostationary Satellite Environment" -- which gives the conditions from such an orbit, which is quite far out.

http://www.spaceweather.gc.ca/index-en.php

There's more detailed websites, but I check here first and if it looks interesting I find the more detailed sites.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 24th April 2017 at 22:24.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (25th April 2017), Ewan (25th April 2017), fourty-two (25th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th April 2017), The Freedom Train (25th April 2017), william r sanford72 (25th April 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,752 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by The Freedom Train (here)
    hype or legit?
    It's very legit that if something like the 1859 Carrington Event happened today, it could create all kinds of chaos — maybe very seriously, too. There have been regular articles about this in the mainstream the last decade or so, and also in the science magazines and websites.

But regarding any real-time threat of this, another excellent go-to website for accurate information is Ben Davidson's http://spaceweathernews.com. If it's not there, it's not happening... or is too minor to mention.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (25th April 2017), Bob (25th April 2017), DeDukshyn (26th April 2017), Ewan (25th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2017), Jean-Marie (25th April 2017), meat suit (25th April 2017), The Freedom Train (26th April 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Global power grids go down due to weak magnetosphere & Plasma electrification

Adapt 2030 You Tube
    Mon, 24 Apr 2017 12:34 UTC

Power outages coincide in LA, New York, and San Francisco

With the world news focusing on power grids and satellite disruptions all pointing to hackers or planned government exercises, the global media hasn't looked to the collapsing magnetosphere and weakened magnetic field from the Sun as a cause. Additionally during the same geomagnetic storm, a new never see n before type of auroral display was photographed, it was a plasma filament. When I say plasma filament, it is straight from ancient legends of dragons in the sky and gods in the heavens. Cross two of these streams and indeed a dragon would appear. Incredibly charged skies with blue auroras again. This is the real reason for power outages, and from this point forward it will intensify and we will see more power outages and we get closer to 2019.

Sources
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2017), DeDukshyn (26th April 2017), dynamo (26th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2017), The Freedom Train (26th April 2017)

+ Reply to Thread