+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 1 11 16 LastLast

Thread: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

1. Link to Post #201
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,086 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

Knowing Narcissism. Crucial Information about Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Ross Rosenberg
    Jul 8, 2015

( Excellent explanation of how narcissism comes about and how it operates--therapeutic for the victim of the narcissist who is still angry and hurt.
    Also, the difference between healthy and unhealthy narcissism.
    Empaths are typically most vulnerable to narcissists, and prone to be overly compassionate, which can get us into trouble, but I think it helps to understand the narcissist's dilemma while also keeping boundaries intact, and I found this sensitive description of the narcissists' inner worlds to be illuminating.
    Lingering nger and fear aren't pleasant feelings for a narcissist's victim, but understanding can help to dissipate those feelings, as well as enlighten one as to how to recognize and avoid narcissists or even help them, if that is possible.
    So much info about narcissists is expressed in such a ridiculing and even hostile manner--it's good to have a sense of humor about such a serious subject and not be naive, but also good to remember they are severely damaged and suffering beings, even if their masks make it so that's not immediately obvious, and that they are extremely difficult to help, if not impossible.)

Last edited by onawah; 15th December 2019 at 23:37.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Inaiá (21st February 2020), Mashika (16th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #202
    United States Avalon Member Seabreeze's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 594 posts

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

.. they are extremely difficult to help, if not impossible....I agree to this....they need professional help...work up the childhood and whatever else went wrong in their live which made them become a Narcissist.....
    But first of all, they need to want this kind of help!!!! There is no way in forcing a Narcissist to make a therapy...
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 16th February 2020 at 15:18.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Inaiá (21st February 2020), Mashika (16th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #203
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This, I think, is very interesting...especially for people who have or had a traumatic relationship or a PTSD....maybe some good help to know this.

Even Narcissists might could work with this, if they really want to change their ways of behavements? Just an idea...of mine... Well I think this informations are good to know. Decide for yourself....

Last edited by Seabreeze; 18th February 2020 at 05:23.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Inaiá (21st February 2020), Mashika (7th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #204
    Language
    English
    Thanks

8 Signs of the Most Destructive Narcissistic Profile
    1/30/20
    Dr. Todd Grande

(This expert is really good at distinguishing the characteristics and differences in narcissistic types, and they are quite distinct once you know what to look for. )

"This video answers the questions: What is the worst type of narcissistic personality or narcissistic profile? What combination of narcissistic characteristics is the worst for society? What combination of narcissistic characteristics is the worst for the person who has it?

Narcissism:

There are two types of narcissism: With grandiose narcissism we see characteristics like being extroverted, socially bold, self-confident, having a superficial charm, being resistant to criticism, and being callous and unemotional. Vulnerable narcissism is characterized by shame, anger, aggression, hypersensitivity, a tendency to be introverted, defensive, avoidant, anxious, depressed, socially awkward, and shy.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a Cluster B personality disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual. It has nine symptom criteria, five of which are required for a diagnosis.

1: Grandiose sense of self-importance
    2: Fantasies
    3: Special or unique
    4: Requires excessive admiration
    5: Sense of entitlement
    6: Manipulative
    7: Lacks empathy for others
    8: Often envious
    9: Arrogant attitudes or behaviors "

Types of Narcissistic Abuse | Exposure, Direct, Insidious, & Emotional Starvation
    Feb 23, 2019
    Dr. Todd Grande

"This video attempts to answer two questions (1) What is the nature of narcissistic abuse? and (2) What are the types of narcissistic abuse?
    The first type of narcissistic abuse is exposure abuse. This one's a fairly basic type of abuse. If someone is in a relationship with a person who is narcissistic, the arrogant and condescending behavior is embarrassing and could result in social isolation for the couple. This is a mild form of abuse or discomfort. The second type this gets much more serious and this is direct abuse. This is when somebody yells, screams, says derogatory remarks, and insults. This is not subtle and it has a fairly pronounced overlap with physical abuse. The third type of narcissistic abuse is insidious abuse. It is really the most common and when people use the term “narcissistic abuse” oftentimes this is what they're really talking about (this is the most discussed on YouTube) This abuse involves manipulation (e.g. gaslighting) It is about maintaining power and control. We also see the classic guilt trip and the wounded hero mentality. The fourth type of emotional abuse I'll talk about here I call emotional starvation, lack of affection and sensitivity, and sometimes I also refer to this as a lack of depth."
    Last edited by onawah; 23rd February 2020 at 03:22.
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Eva2 (13th June 2020), Mashika (7th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #205
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Why is narcissism so dangerous?
    Oct 21, 2019
    Dr. Todd Grande

"This video answers the question: Why is narcissism so dangerous?"

Case Study: Narcissism and Snapping | When the Narcissist Loses Control
    Jan 26, 2020
    Dr. Todd Grande
    201K subscribers

"This video answers the question: Can I analyze a case study featuring a narcissist who snapped? Sometimes snapping is referred to as an episode of narcissistic rage.

What does it mean to snap? There is no official scientific definition, but for the purposes this video, here is the definition: when somebody suddenly manifests aggression that is different from their normal behavior.

People can snap for a variety of reasons. The cause of snapping comes down to a combination of stress and personality.

Narcissists are susceptible due to their personality structure and they are also susceptible because they create stress through their behavior."

Last edited by onawah; 24th February 2020 at 22:32.
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Inaiá (2nd April 2020)

11. Link to Post #206
    Language
    English
    Thanks

How "narcissistic fluffing" can help you "play" the narcissist
    Feb 24, 2020
    DoctorRamani

(This may seem distasteful and manipulative, but I am learning to do it, and agree it can work and make it a lot easier to deal with a narcissist. But I only do it when absolutely necessary, and keep it to a minimum, and don't do it in such a smarmy manner, unlike in Dr. Ramani's exaggerated demonstration. )

(And then there's the other extreme, "gray rocking")
    Premiered Jan 3, 2020
    DoctorRamani

Last edited by onawah; 25th February 2020 at 00:08.
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Soda (25th February 2020)

13. Link to Post #207
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Seabreeze; 5th March 2020 at 08:58.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Constance (15th July 2020), Eva2 (5th March 2020), meeradas (1st April 2020)

15. Link to Post #208
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Narcissistic Abuse of the Masses
    Asymmetric Warfare: propaganda, psyops and narcissistic abuse of the masses

Mar 27, 2020
    RICHARD GRANNON

(Some of the insightful comments from the youtube page comment section:
    ludlow 889
    20 hours ago
    Seeing narcissistic abuse at the macro as well as the micro scale is one of the most compelling insights I've encountered. It's uncanny how all the things that create codependents in personal relations are replicated at the level of the masses with hardly any need for a change in method. It's just typical narcissist behavior writ large. And once you see it at the small scale, you can see it at the large scale.

Speedy Pete
    3 days ago
    Isolating, the Victim from friends, from family, from enjoyable activities and from one's own cultural identity is what narcissistic abusers do in a relationship. We are now being collectively subjected to the same treatment - but "voluntarily" and "for our own good". We are learning to live alone and to distrust our neighbors.

John McKenna
    3 days ago
    George Orwell's book 1984 should be filed under "non-fiction" as it's become the playbook by which our present reality is being shaped! )
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Franny (14th June 2020), graciousb (3rd April 2020), Icare (1st April 2020), meeradas (1st April 2020)

17. Link to Post #209
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What is "future faking"? (Glossary of Narcissistic Relationships)
    Apr 5, 2020
    Dr. Ramani

Each breath a gift...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #210
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Are You A Safe Person? 8 Indicators

Dr. Les Carter = DRC

Dr. Les Carter Resources:
    Would others consider you trustworthy, reliable, and personable? In other words, are you a safe person? Psychotherapist Dr. Les Carter breaks down the difference between unsafe people and safe people.

Dr. Les Carter is a best selling author and therapist who lives in Dallas, Tx. In the past 39 years he has conducted over 60,000 counseling sessions and many workshops and seminars.
    Eight Traits of an Unsafe Person:
    1. Unsafe people don't receive or digest input very well.
    2. Unsafe people can be highly defensive with strong barriers up.
    3. Unsafe people blame and accuse.
    4. Unsafe people aren't really inclined towards intimacy.
    5. Unsafe people operate with a tightly maintained agenda.
    6. Unsafe people are very slow to forgive, if they forgive at all.
    7. Unsafe people can't say “I'm sorry.” They can't say, “I was wrong.”
    8. Unsafe people use one-up, one-down communication.
    Eight Traits of a Safe Person:
    1. Safe people are approachable, especially in disagreements.
    2. Safe people want to learn from their mistakes.
    3. Safe people are transparent. (authenticity, i.e. internally and externally consistent)
    4. Safe people genuinely like to connect.
    5. Safe people affirm and encourage.
    6. Safe people have a generally agreeable manner.
    7. Safe people manage anger cleanly.
    8. Safe people are reliable. You can count on them.
    Thanks Paula, for this video. I found it a bit late, or missed it.

In some cases I like the word “unsafe person” more than labeling someone directly as being a narcissist, although in both cases the underlying cause can be the same: Poor self-esteem.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

anandacate (1st May 2020), Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), justntime2learn (13th June 2020), RunningDeer (21st April 2020)

21. Link to Post #211
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,754 times in 2,555 posts

I had the following post on another thread but have moved it here which I think is the more appropriate place - specifically dealing with sociopaths, narcissists, etc. I have definitely had my own experience(s) dealing with thoroughly toxic people.

Many years ago I was on the receiving end of a big smear campaign from a "group" of twisted, sick individuals who used me as a scapegoat for their extremely rude, abusive behaviour - turning culprits into victims. Always blame the other person for exactly what you are doing yourself - psychology 101 and an M.O. used by people with little to no integrity who are protecting themselves by projecting all this dark stuff onto someone else. But little do they realize that there is accountability and they will have to face (probably in a bigger way) the consequences of what they have done and inherit a sh*%load of karma. Well, this smear campaign was based on flipped scripts, heavily distorted, manipulated stories, and a blatant, undeniable (no fuzzy lines there), black and white LIE about a complete horrendous non-event (or at least for myself as I would not be surprised at all if one or two specific people involved in spreading this heinous LIE actually did the deed itself). In fact, I'm more than 99% sure I know who the original "story teller" is and I'm feeling pretty sure that if this was an actual occurence, then he is the one who put it out there. I was actually told by someone that I was indeed a scapegoat for this. This incident happened more than 20 years ago and although there have been "outbreaks" of this memory over the years, I have managed to bury it for the most part. However, about 10 plus months ago, this memory surfaced very early one morning and exploded into my consciousness. Since then, I have lived with this 24/7 with no breaks day or night and have received so much clarity by connecting dots, retrieving memories, common sense, intuition, etc. to get to a truth. I was not on the distribution for this poisonous missive (likely because if I had been, then without a doubt, I would have given feedback, something that this sick group of people didn't want). This false information was handed on a silver platter to two very corrupted and warped individuals who needed this to disengage from their bad behaviour and like the dark opportunists they are, project this onto me with the help of lies and a dark messenger who in her smug, self-righteous, virtue signalling mission went global with a pack of poisonous lies. The roots of this grew strong over the years and when it surfaced so dramatically in some sort of document, then I expect it was already accepted as a truth. Sorry for all this over the top emotion but I feel the need to put this rant on paper and unload some of my anger, frustration, hurt, feeling of betrayal - and a myriad of other "negative" emotions that I feel ALL the time now. I recognize the idea of forgiveness, perhaps not in the literal sense but more about detaching and letting go of these people who would likely have no feelings of shame and regret for what they have done. Sorry for being so overly emotional but although I want to leave this behind, I feel sometimes its necessary to stand up for oneself and I have a need to express this somewhere and somehow. I hope eventually to get to a place where I can say - who cares, its their "stuff", not mine and, although I don't know what form it will take, "they" have contaminated their soul and will have to answer to the ugly lies they have told and spread. This thread has helped a lot in my understanding of the aberrant psyches at play in my personal experience.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Harmony (1st July 2020), Jayke (13th June 2020), justntime2learn (13th June 2020), onawah (14th June 2020), RunningDeer (13th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #212
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Why rescuers are narcissist magnets
    20,213 views•Jun 9, 2020
    DoctorRamani
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Eva2 (18th June 2020), Franny (14th June 2020), Harmony (28th June 2020), RunningDeer (14th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #213
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Lessons from People who are "immune" to Narcissists
    “… the immune folks are human too and will acknowledge that it's not healthy that these narcissistic relationships are not healthy. But again, not from a place of being shredded and soul crushed by these relationships but from a circumspect place. They accept I just can't get through to them and I am not gonna waste my time and energy on them.

So perhaps being immune to narcissists may really be about being kind to yourself, not taking another person’s behavior personally, learning to shrug a lot, living a life you love, and doing things you enjoy., cultivating your sense of self and in some ways giving up on the expectations that other people dictate to you about life.

“So many people in narcissistic relationships turn themselves into human sacrifices trying to please an unpleasable human being. But if you think about it the day you stop caring about what they think and sort of again shrugging it off, that could be a really, really important step to your freedom. Because here's the thing, narcissistic relationships are so triggering that most of us are probably never going to fully get to this place of immunity. But we can definitely take a page out of the immune persons playbook or at least steal a few of their great psychological antibodies and learn from them.”

“So even if you're never gonna be fully immune, just make it so that the next time you're in the presence of that virus called narcissism, you don't get the full-blown flu.”

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Eva2 (29th June 2020), gord (28th June 2020), Harmony (28th June 2020), justntime2learn (28th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th June 2020), Soda (29th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #214
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,754 times in 2,555 posts

'But if you think about it the day you stop caring about what they think and sort of again shrugging it off, that could be a really, really important step to your freedom.'

Thank you RD for these wise words. I've been consumed for almost a year with my experience and although intellectually I get this, its tough to offload when the deed was so dark and dirty.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), gord (29th June 2020), Harmony (1st July 2020), justntime2learn (29th June 2020), RunningDeer (29th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th June 2020), Stephanie (9th June 2021)

29. Link to Post #215
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I just discovered this source and haven't listened to the whole video as yet, but it looks worthwhile
    Narcissist, Empathy and Boundaries with Martina Grubmueller Joining Andrew Bartzis-Adventures Into Reality
    6/30/209
    https://www.facebook.com/GalacticHis...TQ5Mzk0MTMyMQ/
    Last edited by onawah; 1st July 2020 at 06:00.
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), Constance (2nd July 2020), Eva2 (1st July 2020), Harmony (1st July 2020), justntime2learn (30th June 2020), RunningDeer (30th June 2020), Stephanie (9th June 2021)

31. Link to Post #216
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I just discovered this source and haven't listened to the whole video as yet, but it looks worthwhile
    Narcissist, Empathy and Boundaries with Martina Grubmueller Joining Andrew Bartzis-Adventures Into Reality
    6/30/209
    https://www.facebook.com/GalacticHis...TQ5Mzk0MTMyMQ/
    Narcissist, Empathy and Boundaries with Martina Grubmueller Joining
    Andrew Bartzis - Adventures Into Reality
    The empath is attracted by the pheromones of the narcissist and most time the empath has no control over their skillset. Which creates a soup of of toxicity between the narcissist and the empath.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), Constance (2nd July 2020), Eva2 (1st July 2020), Harmony (1st July 2020), justntime2learn (30th June 2020), onawah (1st July 2020), Stephanie (9th June 2021)

33. Link to Post #217
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Bartzis also says that empathy is the least developed of the psychic skills, which I had never heard before, and that empaths are energy vampires in a way as well, because their energies can be invasive in the person's field whose energies they are feeling.
    That last part made sense to me--I've had people complain that they feel kind of like they are being psychically X-rayed when I am trying to sense who they are energetically, and I think true psychics don't have that effect on the people they are reading.
    But I don't think that aspiring to psychic powers is necessarily helpful, either.
    Many spiritual teachers advise against that, warning that developing psychic powers can be very dangerous and a hindrance to true spirituality.
    I have met some real psychics and genuine healers who are very dysfunctional themselves, and seem to be easy targets for negative entities who appear to want to work through them, and can even take them over.
    Bartzis also says that empaths can turn into narcissists if they don't learn how to heal, which I had heard before, but he explains the process in more detail.
    There was an opportunity for people to call in and speak with Bartzis and Martina, and it appears this may be an ongoing series of talks and chats with listeners.
    Bartzis came over to me as a bit of a bully, and Martina not all that sure of herself, so there is a kind of codependent dynamic going on there, I think.
    But as with all things, one can take what works and leave the rest.
    There was some information shared which gave me good food for thought, if nothing else...
    Last edited by onawah; 16th July 2020 at 17:11.
    Each breath a gift...

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), Constance (2nd July 2020), Deux Corbeaux (3rd July 2020), Eva2 (14th July 2020), Harmony (2nd July 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (1st July 2020), Pam (26th January 2022), RunningDeer (1st July 2020), Stephanie (9th June 2021)

35. Link to Post #218
    Language
    English
    Thanks

11 (+ One) Tactics for not Letting Narcissists into Your Life in the First Place
    1. Stop with the second chances.
    2. Catch yourself when you make rationalizations for their behavior.
    3. Do your own deep dive in your ideal universe.
    4. Trust your gut.
    5. Don't confuse love and abuse. (Pay attention to the trauma bond.)
    6. Beware of the love bomb.
    7. Be very careful about using words like a magical connection or soulmate.
    8. Be careful if relationship moves too fast.
    9. Turn off the gas light (The first time it gets turned on when you are gaslighted, you’re being emotionally abused.)
    10. Pay attention to the almighty future fake. (The future fake is a classical love-bombing tool. Someday we're going to do this, go here…)
    11. Be careful about making overly big sacrifices early in the relationship. (Moving across the world after three months into the relationship.)
    12. Gatekeeping - be very careful when you listen to other people in the early days of your relationship. (If you're in a fast moving, exciting relationship it'll be the other people say you're so lucky. I wish my person did this for me.)
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 13th July 2020 at 22:01.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), Eva2 (13th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), justntime2learn (13th July 2020), Pam (26th January 2022), Sarah Rainsong (14th July 2020), silvanelf (11th December 2020), Stephanie (9th June 2021)

37. Link to Post #219
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Truth Teller: I'm gonna do what I want, the way that it feels good to me. Because I don't want to participate in toxic structured, toxic cultures.

I don't like calling truth-tellers loners. I think there's a real negative connotation around loners. Truth tellers become very comfortable in their own solitude because it's there they find a sort of comfortable kind of peace.
    What do Narcissists do to Truth Tellers? (15 min)

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alecs (29th August 2021), Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), Constance (22nd July 2020), Eva2 (14th July 2020), Harmony (29th January 2022), justntime2learn (14th July 2020), mokosh (15th July 2020), Pam (26th January 2022), Stephanie (9th June 2021)

39. Link to Post #220
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche wrote: “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
    Can you catch narcissism from a narcissist? (16 min)
    Enduring a narcissistic relationship really becomes about survival over time these relationships leave you feeling helpless, hopeless and powerless. So to stay in this relationship a lot of people learn to start clipping their own wings. In essence you start giving up on yourself, on life, on the relationship.

What does survival look like? Survival is life stripped to the bare minimum.

Narcissism is not an infectious disease per se. It’s a personality pattern that unfolds as part of one's social development, early life history and their own personal temperament. So no you can't catch it. You develop it.

But here's the tricky bit, the real challenge. If you spend enough time with a narcissist, it does change you. And some of these changes may end up being things you don't like about yourself.

When you're in a narcissistic relationship, you’re subjected to all kinds of awful things: lack of empathy, entitlement, arrogant, their chronic sense of being a victim, their hypersensitivity, their chronic need for validation, for admiration. And what does that mean for you? Years of invalidation, dismissiveness, gaslighting, minimization, walking on eggshells, confusion and self-doubt.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), Constance (22nd July 2020), Eva2 (22nd July 2020), Harmony (29th January 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (22nd July 2020), justntime2learn (22nd July 2020), onawah (22nd July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd July 2020), Stephanie (9th June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 1 11 16 LastLast