+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 8 16 LastLast

Thread: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

1. Link to Post #141
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 times in 358 posts

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

Quote Posted by Whisper (here)
    Hi Rebecca,

thank you so much for your postings and the link. I apprechiate you did this and it sure helps me a lot. It gives me some good ideas on how to leave quickly from here also.

Sorry I did not find time to answer earlier. To much is going on around me at the time and I am a bit ill. Have a fever, coughing attacs....I guess I have a flu.

And yes, my light bulbs are on....and wont ever turn off anymore. This is for sure. I know what I have to leave behind asap. My story is going since 1981 with this man. And I think I did waste enough of my life time into him, who does not apprechiate a thing I did or do for him. I even did bring up our daughter all by myself - she is 35 years old now. Enough is enough.

I am having some troubles lately on this page. I am not sure it is my PC or maybe this internet page? Some times the picture just starts to run and doesn`t stop, which makes it hard to read or write something at all. Does anybody else around here, has the same problem?
    Hi Whisper, I understand.

Perhaps something is wrong with your computer. I haven't had that problem lately.

Joe makes a good point about keeping your plans undetectable.

Do you always sign out and lock your computer when you're done? Do you have hard to guess passwords?

Fortunately for me my ex husband was too preoccupied with work and his "second wife " to spy on me... Does your soon to be ex husband tend to spy on you?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

justntime2learn (15th March 2019), Pam (15th March 2019), raregem (17th May 2019)

3. Link to Post #142
    United States Avalon Member Seabreeze's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 594 posts

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

...deleted post.....
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 27th July 2019 at 01:38.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

justntime2learn (15th March 2019), Pam (15th March 2019), raregem (17th May 2019)

5. Link to Post #143
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 times in 358 posts

Quote Posted by Whisper (here)
    Hi Rebecca7411,

I think something is wrong with my pc. All of a sudden totaly different settings and then the picture starts running without any reason? Or maybe my husband was on it? He does not have good pc skills and hardly knows how to run a pc. He does not really use the pc. So I feel save about it. But you never know...right? We only have one password, we both know. Maybe I should make up a new one. Yes, good idea. Better save - than sorry.

Well my man does not really spy on me as far as I know. But he likes to make phone calls to control where I am and what I do. This is not possible at the time, because he lost his phone. As long he is still in his mania episode he is mainly concentrated into things he likes to do and does not care much about me. He is overactiv running here and there, talking up to all kind people, makeing new friends, party a lot and he is very, very talk active. I am at home most of the time.

He is gone most of the day, which makes it easy for me to make my decisions and to get prepared for the day I have planned to leave. But it seems like this mania episode is slowly coming to an end. And he could be back to be balanced out again soon.

Then he turns back into the person which is mainly around me, day and night. I have to watch out then......
    If you don't change the password, you should clear your browsing history and sign out of project Avalon at the very least.

My ex would sometimes seem to be balanced for a week or even a couple of weeks, only to go back into having manic episodes. Definitely watch out at all times.

I'm glad he's gone most of the time and you get to plan. The more you prepare the more confident you will feel when you walk out the door!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

justntime2learn (15th March 2019), raregem (17th May 2019), Seabreeze (17th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #144
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes, thanks Rebecca7411 for the advice,

I have a automatic setting which deletes all cookies and the browser history as soon I close the browser. And I always log out, when I am done on the forum also.

But Joe is right, I should not forget this is an open forum and everybody can read in here, even without logging in.

I have to keep this in my mind.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

justntime2learn (17th March 2019), Rebecca (17th March 2019)

9. Link to Post #145
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

For those divorcing from narcissists and psychopaths

Last edited by Flash; 23rd March 2019 at 04:07.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

justntime2learn (23rd March 2019), Rebecca (23rd March 2019)

11. Link to Post #146
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,729 times in 1,343 posts

Here is an excellent article on narcissistic sociopathy by Brandon Smith:

How To Identify A Globalist Criminal

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/3...alist-criminal

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Flash (24th March 2019), justntime2learn (24th March 2019)

13. Link to Post #147
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    Here is an excellent article on narcissistic sociopathy by Brandon Smith:

How To Identify A Globalist Criminal

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/3...alist-criminal
    very good article

here part of it

Quote Psychological Similarities Of Globalists

Probably the most overwhelming epiphany I have come to in my 12 years of analysis into globalism and the nature of evil is that globalists are in fact tied together by a root mental illness or psychological aberration. This occurred during my research on narcissistic sociopathy, or what some circles might call “psychopathy”. Criminology indicates that not all criminals are full blown narcissistic sociopaths, but most full blown narcissistic sociopaths are criminals. Some are simply more successful criminals than others, and this usually depends on their ability to blend in and mimic or manipulate normal people.

Full blown narcissistic sociopaths (or psychopaths) make up around 1% of any given population, but are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes or criminal enterprises. The lion's share of justice system resources are used in dealing with these people, as they are four to eight times more likely than the average person to use violence in daily interactions or as a tool to gain advantage, and twenty-five times more likely to end up in prison.

There is a long list of character traits that make a narcissistic sociopath, but the defining features are a complete lack of conscience and empathy, a propensity for moral relativism (the ability to rationalize any and all destructive behavior), a desperate need to be adored or admired by everyone around them, a feeling of being “more special” than most people, a feeling of superiority, delusions of grandeur or an inherent right to manage the lives of others, an obsessive need to control and manipulate, impulsive desires and deviant sexual inclinations, and elitist associations (they will only associate with people they feel are like them and are “equally superior”).

A defining fact of narcissistic sociopathy is that these traits are inborn, not a product of environment. In some cases environment can play a role in activating these traits, but if a person is not born with them, they generally do not adopt them later in life because of a traumatic environment. The following documentaries linked here and here are an excellent overview of high level narcissistic sociopaths.

Narcissistic sociopaths defy all forms of treatment and cannot be reformed. They have no concrete personality beyond these traits, therefore, if you remove the traits, they are left with nothing else. They are almost anti-human; while most people are born with unique personality combinations, narcissistic sociopaths have none, so they mimic the personalities of those around them, mirroring behaviors and collecting or stealing quirks.

Their primary drives are to fulfill their fantasies of superiority and godhood, as well as an endless quest to satiate their dopamine addiction. The more deviant the action, and the more successful they are at getting away with it, the more dopamine they generate and the more satisfied they feel. This leads to an endless cycle, seeking out more and more exploitation of others which becomes less and less satisfying, which leads to even greater deviance.

I came to realize in my studies that these characteristics described almost exactly the observable behaviors of globalists. The difference being that globalists were so high functioning that they had actually built a society of narcissistic sociopaths that operated like a kind of cult, or a corporate entity. The only other historic example I could compare it to would be the mob, or other gangs which have blended into the surrounding normal society and operated in their midst.

I do not know if a society of narcissistic sociopaths with its own tribal customs, mythologies and beliefs has ever been recorded before. While psychopathic people have been known in the past to organize into groups for mutual benefit, the globalists are something different. They are an anomaly; a well maintained culture of parasites that has blended almost seamlessly within normal society in order to feed off of non-psychopathic and empathetic people. The best fictional representation I can think of is the vampire. They are so similar I sometimes wonder if folklore creatures like vampires were based on narcissistic sociopaths as a way to warn people of their presence.

Globalists are indeed a culture, a secretive and occult phenomenon that wants so badly to be recognized and worshiped, but fears public scrutiny. Their motivation at bottom is to condition or tear down normal, moral and free society until it becomes a place in which they can openly be what they really are without fear of judgment or consequences. They want to terraform civilization and make it a habitat that will accept them; a habitat for monsters surrounded by willing victims.

by Brandon Smith

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

justntime2learn (24th March 2019), onawah (27th March 2019)

15. Link to Post #148
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Can You Love the Narcissist and Rescue Him?
    Sam Vaknin
    Published on Jan 12, 2011

"I believe in the possibility of loving narcissists if one accepts them unconditionally, in a disillusioned and expectation-free manner.

Narcissists are narcissists. Take them or leave them. Some of them are lovable. Most of them are highly charming and intelligent. The source of the misery of the victims of the narcissist is their disappointment, their disillusionment, their abrupt and tearing and tearful realisation that they fell in love with an ideal of their own making, a phantasm, an illusion, a fata morgana. This "waking up" is traumatic. The narcissist always remains the same. It is the victim who changes."

(At 1:09 into the talk, Vaknin says that most narcissists are highly charming and intelligent. But there is no explanation as to why that is and it's very puzzling because narcissists are created by adverse situations, traumas, etc. Does anyone have an explanation as to why that might be? Thanks.
    Most troubling is the premise that narcissistic victims often become narcissists themselves, which makes sense, because being in a relationship with a narcissist is certainly traumatizing.
    )
    Last edited by onawah; 29th March 2019 at 15:43.
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

justntime2learn (27th March 2019), Seabreeze (27th March 2019)

17. Link to Post #149
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Victim of Narcissist: Move On!
    Sam Vaknin
    Published on Aug 4, 2011

"To preserve one's mental health -- one must abandon the narcissist. One must move on.

Moving on is a process, not a decision or an event. First, one has to acknowledge and accept painful reality. Such acceptance is a volcanic, shattering, agonising series of nibbling thoughts and strong resistances. Once the battle is won, and harsh and agonizing realities are assimilated, one can move on to the learning phase.

Learning

We label. We educate ourselves. We compare experiences. We digest. We have insights.

Then we decide and we act. This is "to move on". Having gathered sufficient emotional sustenance, knowledge, support and confidence, we face the battlefields of our relationships, fortified and nurtured. This stage characterises those who do not mourn -- but fight; do not grieve -- but replenish their self-esteem; do not hide -- but seek; do not freeze -- but move on.

Grieving

Having been betrayed and abused -- we grieve. We grieve for the image we had of the traitor and abuser -- the image that was so fleeting and so wrong. We mourn the damage he did to us. We experience the fear of never being able to love or to trust again -- and we grieve this loss. In one stroke, we lost someone we trusted and even loved, we lost our trusting and loving selves and we lost the trust and love that we felt. Can anything be worse?

The emotional process of grieving has many phases.

At first, we are dumbfounded, shocked, inert, immobile. We play dead to avoid our inner monsters. We are ossified in our pain, cast in the mould of our reticence and fears. Then we feel enraged, indignant, rebellious and hateful. Then we accept. Then we cry. And then -- some of us -- learn to forgive and to pity. And this is called healing.

All stages are absolutely necessary and good for you. It is bad not to rage back, not to shame those who shamed us, to deny, to pretend, to evade. But it is equally bad to get fixated on our rage. Permanent grieving is the perpetuation of our abuse by other means.

By endlessly recreating our harrowing experiences, we unwillingly collaborate with our abuser to perpetuate his or her evil deeds. It is by moving on that we defeat our abuser, minimising him and his importance in our lives. It is by loving and by trusting anew that we annul that which was done to us. To forgive is never to forget. But to remember is not necessarily to re-experience."

Each breath a gift...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

justntime2learn (27th March 2019)

19. Link to Post #150
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Unmasking Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Their Abuse with RUTH JACOBS in CAMBRIDGE, UK (In the Booth)
    Sam Vaknin
    Published on Feb 14, 2014

"Sam Vaknin, author of Malignant Self Love: Narcissism Revisited (http://www.narcissistic-abuse.com), shares his knowledge and personal experience of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
    In the Booth with Ruth - Sam Vaknin, author of Malignant Self Love: Narcissism Revisited" Filmed by Paul Henley (www.scarylion.co.uk) & Produced by Matthew Lynch (www.jlfilmandmedia.com)"

(Fascinating interview with Sam Vaknin where he discusses how he came to terms with his own narcissism, and how he became the authority on the subject.
    No doubt the fact that his IQ is off the charts helped, and another reason why the story just gets more and more interesting. )
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (21st May 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2019)

21. Link to Post #151
    Thanks

I truly like Vaknin, as an intelligent narcissist informant. But,he is and remains a narcissist.

I think he observed much of the results on victims, he can talk of his observations, but they are cold observations. He cannot understand the real impact which has to do with love, love betrayal, love not returned, chance to live in love lost. This, he cannot understand.

He cannot understand either the impact of the incredible amount of exploitation narcissist impose on their victims and the psychic transformation (which is not narcissim by the way as told in one of your previous post Onawah, but rather diminished trust in life altogether and quite reduce trust in human beings.)

So, when he talks about the narcissists, he has all my ears opened.

when he talk about the victims of narcissists, I take it with a grain of salt, thinking that he does not truly know what he is talking about.

--------------

As a personal note, he was the only one I found in year 2001, talking about narcissism, and pervert narcissists on the web. I was then trying to understand my husband, which kind of sick mind I had to deal with, and could not find much. But Vaknin thanks to him, I learned and understood what to do during the divorce, which was extremely long and painful in every senses.
    Last edited by Flash; 27th March 2019 at 23:13.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (29th March 2019), happyuk (28th April 2019), Hervé (28th March 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2019), onawah (27th March 2019), Seabreeze (10th May 2019)

23. Link to Post #152
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

In the UK at least, some small positive steps in the right direction appear to be being made.

I never knew this until recently, but in 2015 a new UK law banning controlling behaviour came into effect with the aim of helping to protect those in unhealthy relationships:

https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/14_plus...violence-law-/

https://www.disrespectnobody.co.uk/

24. The Following User Says Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Hervé (29th April 2019)

25. Link to Post #153
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Two Narcissists in a Couple
    Sam Vaknin
    8/31/10

I met a narcissistic couple recently, and had such a hard time figuring out the dynamic. This explanation from Sam Vaknin helped a lot.

And then there's the narcissist and the codependent--another good description from Vaknin

Do Narcissists Truly Hate?
    Last edited by onawah; 10th May 2019 at 04:03.
    Each breath a gift...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Flash (23rd May 2019), Hervé (10th May 2019)

27. Link to Post #154
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have a difficult time to understand Vaknin. He has a heavy accent......

By now I am glad I can tell better, which behavements are narcisstic at people I dont know yet. I never would have recognized it before before I did inform myself good about it.

Me recognizing this now...I can avoid to have to much contact to narcisstic people. It is good I can tell...and I can protect myself better from those kind people.....
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 27th July 2019 at 01:28.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), Hervé (12th May 2019), justntime2learn (23rd May 2019), onawah (12th May 2019), raregem (17th May 2019)

29. Link to Post #155
    Language
    English
    Thanks

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), Deux Corbeaux (21st May 2019), Hervé (18th May 2019), justntime2learn (23rd May 2019), raregem (17th May 2019)

31. Link to Post #156
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Flash posted this from an article, in post #154

Quote Narcissistic sociopaths defy all forms of treatment and cannot be reformed. They have no concrete personality beyond these traits, therefore, if you remove the traits, they are left with nothing else. They are almost anti-human; while most people are born with unique personality combinations, narcissistic sociopaths have none, so they mimic the personalities of those around them, mirroring behaviors and collecting or stealing quirks.
    This "cannot be reformed" really makes me wonder. For one thing, there's a HUGE debate over if these people are "born this way" or not, because if they are, what's the point of saying "reformed" when they were already like that. HMM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), justntime2learn (23rd May 2019)

33. Link to Post #157
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)

Quote Narcissistic sociopaths defy all forms of treatment and cannot be reformed. They have no concrete personality beyond these traits, therefore, if you remove the traits, they are left with nothing else. They are almost anti-human; while most people are born with unique personality combinations, narcissistic sociopaths have none, so they mimic the personalities of those around them, mirroring behaviors and collecting or stealing quirks.
    This "cannot be reformed" really makes me wonder. For one thing, there's a HUGE debate over if these people are "born this way" or not, because if they are, what's the point of saying "reformed" when they were already like that. HMM.
    Petra, I am French speaking. Sometimes I may not use the exact right word that I would like to carry the meaning I have. Please, do not hook on wording when reading my posts, but on the general thinking.

It takes a lot from me to write specifically what I want. Often i do not find the right word corresponding to my French wording or thinking and I will find another way to express my thinking in English that is much less precise. Try the same in French, you will see how hard it is.

Reformed, may have meant they cannot be changed.

From whisper: I have a difficult time to understand Vaknin. He has a heavy accent.....

yeah, but you see, Ii understand Vaknin, I am now used to hear all kinds of accents in English, It is a question of habit. Yet, I understand that sometimes he is not as precise as he would be in Hebrew I imagine. I would not be either. And lots of time people have to pay more attention when I speak because of my accent as well.
    Last edited by Flash; 23rd May 2019 at 19:38.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), Constance (23rd May 2019), Hervé (23rd May 2019), justntime2learn (24th May 2019), petra (27th May 2019)

35. Link to Post #158
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

I believe the general consensus is that a sociopath is made and a psychopath is born that way. No cure and therapy makes them better manipulators.

The following video explains the difference between NPD, sociopathy and psychopathy.

“To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), Flash (23rd May 2019), Hervé (23rd May 2019)

37. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    In the UK at least, some small positive steps in the right direction appear to be being made.

I never knew this until recently, but in 2015 a new UK law banning controlling behaviour came into effect with the aim of helping to protect those in unhealthy relationships:

https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/14_plus...violence-law-/

https://www.disrespectnobody.co.uk/
    Does anyone actually believe that a government can legislate controlling behavior? What a huge overstep by the government. Do you really want a government deciding how you should behave in your private life if you are not committing a crime? Wouldn't their resources be better spent in education and awareness of personality disorders and how to effectively deal with them and also provide assistance in getting out of unhealthy relationships. Wouldn't it be better to empower those that are being controlled with understanding of why they get into these relationships?
    Last edited by Pam; 23rd May 2019 at 20:19.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019)

39. Link to Post #160
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by petra (here)

Petra, I am French speaking. Sometimes I may not use the exact right word that I would like to carry the meaning I have. Please, do not hook on wording when reading my posts, but on the general thinking.

It takes a lot from me to write specifically what I want. Often i do not find the right word corresponding to my French wording or thinking and I will find another way to express my thinking in English that is much less precise. Try the same in French, you will see how hard it is.
    I only used you for a reference Flash, since you posted the article. I DO get your meaning though, and I realize I'm reading into the wording - that was my point!

I agree with the quote, I don't think they can be reformed either.

Is there even such thing as a "correct way to think"? It's hard to answer with Yes without sounding fascist (ha ha), but I think there is - and delighting in other people's suffering just is not a part of it.

Maybe it's more like a disease than I realize - but if it is, I'd guess it'd have to be a "disease of the feelings".

40. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 8 16 LastLast