+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elton John - hospitalized, expects recovery

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Elton John - hospitalized, expects recovery

Elton John spent two nights in intensive care with a potentially deadly bacterial infection and has canceled all his concerts for the rest of April and May. Bob Mezan reports.

A "potentially deadly" bacterial infection

Elton John was "violently ill" on a flight back from his South American tour and was hospitalized in intensive care for two days in the U.K.

A statement released by John's reps did not identify the infection, but noted that the singer is expected to make a full recovery.

The illness has forced John to cancel all his concerts in Las Vegas for April and May.

He released a statement saying: "I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologize for disappointing them. I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after me so well."

Elton John expects that he will resume performances at a concert in Twickenham, England, on June 3.

Elton John is a 70-year-old singer/songwriter responsible for some of the most well-known pop songs in music history.

These include: Rocket Man, Crocodile Rock, Candle in the Wind, Your Song, Tiny Dance, and Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting).

Starting life as a pianist in a pub at the age of fifteen, his career in the spotlight has spanned over half a century.

He was born Reginald “Reggie” Dwight, but adopted the stage name Elton John when he started performing professionally.

2. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Elton John - hospitalized, expects recovery

Santiago, Chile

While on tour in South America, after getting in the plane, Elton John was quite ill.

After being rushed to hospital on landing in the UK, the 70-year-old spent two nights in intensive care, followed by an “extended stay” in the facility.

He was discharged on Saturday, March 22 and has been advised to rest at home until he is feeling better.

Regarding the cancellations, Elton said: “I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologise for disappointing them.

"I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after me so well.”

MSM News is just picking up what happened. "I just heard about it today on the 25th of April".

Knighted for Charity work

Among the hundreds of accolades the star has received, he has also been given a string of nods from the Queen and received a CBE in 1995.

In 1998, Sir Elton was knighted in recognition for his charity work.

Other awards of note include being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994, Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1992, and a Hollywood Walk of Fame star in 1975.

He has also won an Oscar for Best Original Song in 1995 for his Lion King track, Can You Feel the Love Tonight.

In 2013, he was given the BRIT Icon Award for his lasting impact on UK music.

3. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Elton John - hospitalized, expects recovery

+ Reply to Thread