1. Link to Post #1901
    South Africa Avalon Member arwen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,584 times in 661 posts

Default Re: The Truth about Corey Goode

From a FB public post:
    Quote Sphere Being Alliance
    12 hrs ·

Questions for Corey Goode on Disclosure, Intellectual Property Rights, Trade Marks, and Similar SSP Testimonies.

Q: Why did Corey Goode trademark terms like ‘Blue Avians’, ‘20 and Back’, ‘SSP’ (The letters ‘SSP’ not the words Secret Space Program), ‘Full Disclosure Project’ and others? Is he attempting to put a stranglehold on the disclosure community?

Answer - Corey Goode: Recent social media posts regarding business decisions that I have made to protect my name, livelihood, story, and goodwill have seemed to cause a certain level of confusion within our community. Without a cohesive knowledge of—and transparency into—the exciting and complex web of my current creative projects and the legal means undertaken to protect those projects, it is easy to see how there could be some confusion. Recently, people have noticed through the public record that I have pending federal trademarks on certain phrases. Some have made assumptions into the motives behind this standard business legal practice—a practice that is widely utilized in the media industry (and quite honestly everywhere else including this one). Protection of one’s Intellectual Property is necessary in order to provide the consuming public with the proper assurances that they are getting content that is genuine, of high quality and from a certain particular source. The use of trademark, copyright, patent and trade secret protection (collectively known as “Intellectual Property” or “IP”) ensures that both the holder of the IP rights and the consuming/creating public are protected against harm that can be caused by those wishing to take advantage of our United States’ market-based system.

My reason for filing the pending trademarks is simple: I filed trademarks on phrases and topics unique to my testimony for protection and for their use in graphic novels, feature films, and other media-based products.

The terms I have trademarked are unique to my testimony and clearly protected under U.S. IP laws. We will not only fight to preserve my testimony and IP but also for the main mission of preserving the Full Disclosure narrative that most of us have been fighting for.

This does not stop people from telling their own stories of twenty years in a clandestine/top-secret air or space-based government operation or delivering their brand of 'fan fiction'. They are just prohibited legally from the commercial use of the keywords associated with my testimony.

We are not trying to “attempting to put a stranglehold on the disclosure community” by asserting our rights in our claimed phrases but we do have a right—and, a duty—to defend our testimony and intellectual property rights from other individuals and corporations attempting to profit off of our goodwill. Taking the secret space program topic mainstream and creating media that expands the consciousness of humanity as fast as possible is our main focus and goal.

With that goal comes responsibility, and with that responsibility comes the need for protection. I am in no way attempting to slow or halt disclosure, in fact, quite the opposite. Media content around disclosure and consciousness topics is expanding significantly. If those in this community do not protect their information and narratives, they run the risk of being taken over by writers and producers in the entertainment industry who are constantly trolling our community for creative ideas.

The more intellectual property that is stolen, misused and wrongfully profited from, the more we will see people in our community seeking these types of protections. We will find more researchers and experiencers quietly (to avoid public shaming) trademark their intellectual property in the coming months and years as they see other situations involving intellectual property play out.

The information that our community delivers is already going from 'fringe' to mainstream very quickly. We are seeing more and more movies and television shows use material that is obviously from some of our biggest personalities in the Ufology and Higher Consciousness community.

I understand the business side of bringing the topics of Full Disclosure and Expanding the Mass Consciousness makes many in this community uncomfortable. Most are working or even feel called to destroy the current financial control system and do all they can to take it down. The reality is, we need funding in order to get our message out. Without it, we cannot distribute our information, and everyone loses.

Our mission is to infiltrate and use the tools of the enemy against them. We will make movies and other media that are used as anti-propaganda to awaken the masses and use the media as a way to ‘red pill’ them instead.

This is a mission that is vitally important to the future timeline of humanity and one we hold in utmost importance. We are all putting our lives and reputations on the line. Both are regularly threatened by various entities and organizations that would attempt to control or oppose Full Disclosure and desperately want to sing the masses back to sleep.

Answer - Roger Richards: We are on the precipice of a sea of change in consciousness on a global scale. If you take a look around the world right now, you will see that humanity as a whole has begun to wake up collectively. The great awakening is upon us all and it is beautiful. Every bit of life on this planet is teeming with the energy from the cosmos, everything is being brought to the surface, and we are revealing all to one another. Everyone has their own missions to fulfill in the Cosmic Karma of this all. Now—more than ever—each human being on this planet is being called to the mission of disclosure, it is unstoppable and spreading like wildfire. What is your mission? What dream have you not fulfilled? What brilliant ideas are you sitting on to bring into this world? Now is the time to create and manifest these things into every aspect of the matrix, business, finance, media, clothing, advertising, music, and art. We need to infect the programming of the matrix like a mass hack into the planetary consciousness. We need to co-opt the system against itself in order to bring it down as gently as possible with love and compassion.

Q: If you are telling the truth about your testimony, wouldn’t other people step forward with the same testimony? Unless you are the only person in the ‘SSP’ and who experienced a ’20 and Back?’ So in sending a cease and desist to another whistleblower, are you not silencing them from sharing their own testimony? Regardless if you believe them or not, should they not be allowed to share their perspectives so we can discern the truth for ourselves?

Answer - Corey Goode: The SSP Alliance and I knew others would step forward with similar testimony for sure. If they were real insiders they would not only be on the asset roles that the SSP Alliance has access to but would also know that certain information I have given in my testimony are phrases I was told to create to be associated with certain SSP terms and topics publicly.

For example, the SSP Alliance knew that disinformation campaigns would be used against genuine insiders and used a common military intelligence tactic of taking a program name or topic, replacing it with a placeholder name and use that placeholder name as a part of the testimony. This is to give an extra layer of protection to the SSP Alliance, and their sources and methods, as well as keep the heaviest heat off of assets who are disseminating information to the public.

For example, I was approached by a retired Air Force Surgeon, who I call ‘Bones’, who claimed to have been in a program that sounded exactly like the one I had described except he remembered it being called a different name. Furthermore, he was in the programs during the same time I was.

So, when people come forward using some of the terms and project names I use it is an immediate red flag. I then follow up with the SSP Alliance to verify if the people were indeed in the programs. So far, Bones and one other are the only people that have passed that test. He chooses to remain anonymous for now but has been able to provide more information on this program than any in the SSP Alliance had known prior. He provided that program’s asset roles that went back nearly 80 years as well as vital intel about its organizational structure.

I know as our movies begin to come out there will be more and more who use my testimony as a scaffolding upon which to attach their own narratives. This type of ‘Fan Fiction’ will only increase. This is dangerous to the true Full SSP Disclosure narrative but is something that will continue. Those who chose to create these stories will have to do so without using my testimony and protected terms and content. The only way I can ensure that the community receives the true and correct testimony that I have brought forth is by way of policing its quality standards and use.
    Last edited by arwen; 18th October 2018 at 12:08.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to arwen For This Post:

Andrew_K (18th October 2018), Bill Ryan (19th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (18th October 2018), Nasu (18th October 2018), Omni (19th October 2018), RunningDeer (18th October 2018), Saracatt (19th October 2018), ThePythonicCow (18th October 2018), Tintin (18th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #1902
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

The following is copied from the below link.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1171331

Quote Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    Corey coined a phrase in the Mufon symposium to refer to his story instead of experiences (my rephrase, Paul made a good point of it somewhere) - at first glance it seemed possible to be a legal detail to avoid repercussions(?), but now in relation to Sallas comment and the Deschamp-comment, one begins to wonder whether we are seeing a slow but deliberate reversal of direction and end up with Corey coming out and telling that all a long he has had the idea of a concept of social experiment. One where all the stories have really been more akin to allegories to empower and unify? I mean, it looks like a somewhat concerted effort to downplay the facts of what has been told as truth and start to emphasize the "message"?

UT
    Makes ya wonder doesn't it? Who are the Sphere Alliance Group???

Quote https://www.darpa.mil/program/social...-communication

Social Media in Strategic Communication (SMISC) (Archived)

With the spread of blogs, social networking sites and media-sharing technology, and the rapid propagation of ideas enabled by these advances, the conditions under which the nation’s military forces conduct operations are changing nearly as fast as the speed of thought. DARPA has an interest in addressing this new dynamic and understanding how social network communication affects events on the ground as part of its mission of preventing strategic surprise.

The general goal of the Social Media in Strategic Communication (SMISC) program is to develop a new science of social networks built on an emerging technology base. Through the program, DARPA seeks to develop tools to help identify misinformation or deception campaigns and counter them with truthful information, reducing adversaries' ability to manipulate events.

To accomplish this, SMISC will focus research on linguistic cues, patterns of information flow and detection of sentiment or opinion in information generated and spread through social media. Researchers will also attempt to track ideas and concepts to analyze patterns and cultural narratives. If successful, they should be able to model emergent communities and analyze narratives and their participants, as well as characterize generation of automated content, such as by bots, in social media and crowd sourcing.

SMISC researchers will create a closed and controlled environment where large amounts of data are collected, with experiments performed in support of development and testing. One example of such an environment might be a closed social media network of 2,000 to 5,000 people who have agreed to conduct social media-based activities in this network and agree to participate in required data collection and experiments. This network might be formed within a single organization, or span several. Another example might be a role-player game where use of social media is central to that game and where players have again agreed to participate in data collection and experiments.

Researchers will be required to certify that no personally identifiable information (PII) for U.S. participants was collected, stored or created in contravention to federal privacy laws, regulations or DoD policies. SMISC researchers will not be provided PII from any other government agency or outside source.

DARPA conducts its works within legal and ethical constraints and has taken a leadership role in the science and technology community to address privacy and ethical, legal and societal implications (ELSI).
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...#post841904757

I was already releasing info against the wishes of many. I was told to back off of a couple of topics and I did...

When the "Sphere Alliance Beings" requested me By Name (I was told) there were more than a few unhappy people inside the "Programs" (AND apparently within the "Ufology" community) and there was even some resistance or "push back" by these groups.

Not only did they not like the fact that I had been releasing information for a while (In a "Shotgun" manner upsetting quite a few groups) but they had wanted to choose "Who" would be "interfacing" with the "Sphere Alliance Beings" and "What info" would be released.

They also used the fact that my "Program Service Records" had some major "redaction's" (Which are not supposed to be possible in this hard coded/copy file) of information and for that reason they had reservations about working with me.

I had been brought in and questioned heavily about that at an earlier date (November 2014) and they inquired 'How" this info might have been removed and If I "Remembered" serving under anyone who would have anything to hide or to gain by removing information (Who might be capable of doing so). I was unable to answer these questions and still have no idea what happened to that data or the "Who" or the "Why" of its tampering.

I out of courtesy do not release certain data from these programs or rock the boat as much as I was doing prior. When it comes to who is giving me "Permission" and "Guiding Me" on what information to release the answer to that would be "The Sphere Alliance Group". In particular the group that has been working the closest with me and has told me I come from their "Soul Group" prior to living on Earth. This is of course the "Blue Avians".

There are a lot of communications that do occur between me and "Alliance" contacts that coordinate meetings and either make requests of me or sometimes make life difficult or stressful for me depending on how things are going. This is how things have gone up until this point in time.

"G"
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 19th October 2018 at 01:45. Reason: fixed truncated links

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (18th October 2018), Kristin (21st October 2018), Nasu (18th October 2018), RunningDeer (18th October 2018), Tintin (21st October 2018)

5. Link to Post #1903
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

arwen ....... after reading his FB I think I'm gonna hurl. There are so many logical fallacies and misinterpretations of the law that I need to clean up the chunks after I'm finished with my bile that I expect to occur soon.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Nasu (18th October 2018), Retief (19th October 2018), RunningDeer (18th October 2018), Satori (18th October 2018), Tintin (21st October 2018), Valerie Villars (18th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #1904
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,890 times in 1,036 posts

Corey - just say it !!!

" I want to make a heap of cash of it all and sod the truth" !!

I think he hopes the blue chickens will lay his nest egg !

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Nasu (18th October 2018), RunningDeer (18th October 2018), Tintin (21st October 2018)

9. Link to Post #1905
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Thank you for posting this arwen. Apologies for the long post in advance. If it weren’t for the sad fact that so many well meaning people are being taken for a ride and or being distracted from real issues, this is very enlightening to me, as I hope it is to others, from a logical standpoint and pure comedy gold. Please forgive my laughing at this, as I am amused and disheartened in equal measure. Amused at how many people seem to believe his crap and disheartened at how many people seem believe his crap.

I’ve watched from the sidelines as Corey’s story has evolved, from his time many years ago as a member here, to him leaving after the incident with his wife, to his starring on the Willcocks GIATV show and his first telling of his 20 and back to his current 60 and back position, past the Dark Journalist flame wars all the way up till now, where he is threatening legal action against others with similar claims. I find it fascinating in a sort of human experiment type of way to see his story grow and unfold and metastasize in equal measure to his following.

Unfortunately most of Corey’s fan base will not read this post of mine, but rather will continue to “consume” his novels, films and other media based products, as he calls them. There is so much here in this rambling explanation to sift through that if you don’t mind I will go through it point by point, my part is in bold. With each paragraph he digs himself into a deeper and deeper hole, IMHO:

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Sphere Being Alliance

Questions for Corey Goode on Disclosure, Intellectual Property Rights, Trade Marks, and Similar SSP Testimonies.

Q: Why did Corey Goode trademark terms like ‘Blue Avians’, ‘20 and Back’, ‘SSP’ (The letters ‘SSP’ not the words Secret Space Program), ‘Full Disclosure Project’ and others? Is he attempting to put a stranglehold on the disclosure community?

Great question. Clearly he is getting a lot of push-back from his fan base, for him to actually address this via Facebook. I like to think Project Avalon in general and Jason Rice’s recent public letter in particular had a large part to play in this..

Answer - Corey Goode: Recent social media posts regarding business decisions that I have made to protect my name, livelihood, story, and goodwill have seemed to cause a certain level of confusion within our community. Without a cohesive knowledge of—and transparency into—the exciting and complex web of my current creative projects and the legal means undertaken to protect those projects, it is easy to see how there could be some confusion. Recently, people have noticed through the public record that I have pending federal trademarks on certain phrases. Some have made assumptions into the motives behind this standard business legal practice—a practice that is widely utilized in the media industry (and quite honestly everywhere else including this one). Protection of one’s Intellectual Property is necessary in order to provide the consuming public with the proper assurances that they are getting content that is genuine, of high quality and from a certain particular source. The use of trademark, copyright, patent and trade secret protection (collectively known as “Intellectual Property” or “IP”) ensures that both the holder of the IP rights and the consuming/creating public are protected against harm that can be caused by those wishing to take advantage of our United States’ market-based system.

Not having any knowledge, let alone cohesive knowledge of Corey's plans and or any transparency into his exciting and complex web of current creative projects is not what is giving his followers and the wider truth community some confusion. It's his old school approach to business and subsequent protectionist practices that seem off, especially given his stated position as a sentinel and spokesperson for world change, nothing more.

We made no assumptions about Corey’s motives behind his so called standard business legal practices. We merely pointed to the fact that this was in essence a business move and through the use of trade-marks he was simply protecting his livelihood, a fact that he now confirms.

Corey is quite correct that this is standard operating procedure for the media industry specifically and business as a whole. However, to my knowledge no other whistle-blower has ever felt the need to trade-mark any of their revelations, allegations or information in order to provide the “consuming” public with proper assurances that they are getting content that is genuine, of high quality or from a particular source. Please anyone correct me if I’m wrong on this.

Edward Snowden being a good recent example, is a very low level whistle-blower who worked in Intel circles for approximately 7 years, compared with the 60 plus years of galactic diplomatic service Corey Goode has given for his country, planet and species. Edward did not feel the need to trade mark any of the projects he blew the lid on, like MYSTIC, PRISM, Tailored Access Operations, XKeyscore, et al.

Even if Edward had trademarked these program titles it would not have offered any protection to the “consuming/creating public” against harm caused by such projects or by "those wishing to take advantage of our United States’ market-based system” whatever that means. I would personally take that to mean capitalism and or business, in which case COREY is the only one in this instance wishing to take advantage of the United States market-based system..

My reason for filing the pending trademarks is simple: I filed trademarks on phrases and topics unique to my testimony for protection and for their use in graphic novels, feature films, and other media-based products.

The terms I have trademarked are unique to my testimony and clearly protected under U.S. IP laws. We will not only fight to preserve my testimony and IP but also for the main mission of preserving the Full Disclosure narrative that most of us have been fighting for.

Graphic novels, feature films and media-based products are not testimony in any legal sense. They are by definition works of fiction even when used with a factual basis for the content therein. As such they are NOT protected by US IP laws unless registered as trade-marks for commercial use, again this is not regarded as testimony in law but rather instead as business assets.

Fighting to preserve your IP is all well and good from a business standpoint but is separate, legally, from fighting to preserve the integrity or good standing of someone’s authentic testimony. As far as I am aware, Corey has not testified to anything anywhere, legally at least.

Fighting for full disclosure is a great mission and one that many individuals and groups have fought long and hard for. As for it being a narrative that could be exposed, well that is very subjective and extremely difficult to prove definitively one way or another, if not impossible, as there are so many interwoven threads of evidence, some going back hundreds if not thousands of years..

This does not stop people from telling their own stories of twenty years in a clandestine/top-secret air or space-based government operation or delivering their brand of 'fan fiction'. They are just prohibited legally from the commercial use of the keywords associated with my testimony.

So in essence this is an admission that this is HIS brand or version of fan fiction, other versions with other keywords that he has not trade-marked, are fine and he has no problem with. The legal definition of testimony is a formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law. Again, graphic novels, feature films and media-based products are not testimony in the eyes of the law..

We are not trying to “attempting to put a stranglehold on the disclosure community” by asserting our rights in our claimed phrases but we do have a right—and, a duty—to defend our testimony and intellectual property rights from other individuals and corporations attempting to profit off of our goodwill. Taking the secret space program topic mainstream and creating media that expands the consciousness of humanity as fast as possible is our main focus and goal.

It is not a a right or duty for corporations or individuals to protect their “claimed phrases” only IP. It is not a right or duty but rather a privilege and or business strategy associated with the sometimes costly process of asset protection through the use of trade-marks. Taking the secret space program topic mainstream and creating media that expands the consciousness of humanity as your stated main focus and goal is a very worthy cause.

However, any goodwill dried up quickly after Corey chose to send a letter threatening Jason Rice with litigation simply for claiming to share similar experiences. This runs completely counter to Corey's claim of NOT trying to put a stranglehold on the disclosure community..

With that goal comes responsibility, and with that responsibility comes the need for protection. I am in no way attempting to slow or halt disclosure, in fact, quite the opposite. Media content around disclosure and consciousness topics is expanding significantly. If those in this community do not protect their information and narratives, they run the risk of being taken over by writers and producers in the entertainment industry who are constantly trolling our community for creative ideas.

Me thinks he doth protest too much! Clearly Corey IS attempting to slow or halt disclosure, but only that which is similar to Corey's own story and only those that use any of Corey's terms and or verbiage, Jason Rice being an obvious example. Trolling the truth community for creative ideas seems to be exactly what Corey's detractors are claiming he is up to. Once again, has anybody, ANYONE, any member of this truth community, so called, any whistle blower gone to the extent of trade-marking their own disclosure, if so I have not heard of it being done..

The more intellectual property that is stolen, misused and wrongfully profited from, the more we will see people in our community seeking these types of protections. We will find more researchers and experiencers quietly (to avoid public shaming) trademark their intellectual property in the coming months and years as they see other situations involving intellectual property play out.

OK, time will tell. Obviously to avoid public shaming, Corey trademarked the associated verbiage to his story very quietly. Only because of eagle eyed researchers here at Project Avalon and Jason Rice publishing his “cease and desist” letter, has this even been brought out into the light of day..

The information that our community delivers is already going from 'fringe' to mainstream very quickly. We are seeing more and more movies and television shows use material that is obviously from some of our biggest personalities in the Ufology and Higher Consciousness community.

OK I agree with this. Richard Dolan’s breakaway civilization theory comes to mind. I see this as a good thing, but then I’m not making my living from this..

I understand the business side of bringing the topics of Full Disclosure and Expanding the Mass Consciousness makes many in this community uncomfortable. Most are working or even feel called to destroy the current financial control system and do all they can to take it down. The reality is, we need funding in order to get our message out. Without it, we cannot distribute our information, and everyone loses.

Well this point is highly debatable, so far it looks like ONLY Corey is NOT uncomfortable with this sort of behavior. "Everyone loses," well only Corey cares enough about losing from this message of love and hope, to trade-mark his part in it. I am very suspicious of his use of capitalization in “Expanding the Mass Consciousness.” Tell me he didn't trademark this too, lol..

Our mission is to infiltrate and use the tools of the enemy against them. We will make movies and other media that are used as anti-propaganda to awaken the masses and use the media as a way to ‘red pill’ them instead.

Cunning plan Corey. In essence a similar strategy as the communist Lenin’s; the capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them. Much like Lenin, Corey hopes to intimidate his compatriots into submission. Anyone else who claims to want Full Disclosure using his words or phrases must pay, a license fee that is, lol. I only hope that the Wachowski brothers don’t notice his use of “red pill” in his Facebook marketing material.

This is a mission that is vitally important to the future timeline of humanity and one we hold in utmost importance. We are all putting our lives and reputations on the line. Both are regularly threatened by various entities and organizations that would attempt to control or oppose Full Disclosure and desperately want to sing the masses back to sleep.

So if he had not trade-marked his story / work it could have effected our whole planet's timeline? Lol. Which presumably would alter time and potentially mean he won’t be working for the SSP in the future as he claims and thus have nothing to capitalize upon today, OK I get it now. Corey didn't have to put his life or reputation on the line, it was a choice, much like his choice to trade-mark parts of his story. Interestingly opposing full disclosure and desperately wanting to sing the masses back to sleep is exactly what many people think Corey and his kids, so called, are attempting to do, by subverting the truth movement with a false narrative..

Answer - Roger Richards: We are on the precipice of a sea of change in consciousness on a global scale. If you take a look around the world right now, you will see that humanity as a whole has begun to wake up collectively. The great awakening is upon us all and it is beautiful. Every bit of life on this planet is teeming with the energy from the cosmos, everything is being brought to the surface, and we are revealing all to one another. Everyone has their own missions to fulfill in the Cosmic Karma of this all. Now—more than ever—each human being on this planet is being called to the mission of disclosure, it is unstoppable and spreading like wildfire. What is your mission? What dream have you not fulfilled? What brilliant ideas are you sitting on to bring into this world? Now is the time to create and manifest these things into every aspect of the matrix, business, finance, media, clothing, advertising, music, and art. We need to infect the programming of the matrix like a mass hack into the planetary consciousness. We need to co-opt the system against itself in order to bring it down as gently as possible with love and compassion.

Answer to what question exactly Roger? Blah blah blah, New Age WaffleTM that seems not to empower anyone but rather assume we all need karmic councilors to help us complete our own missions. Roger then goes on to ask several questions, but obviously not to Corey, presumably to the customers or consuming public like you and I.

Hack the Matrix through business, finance, media, clothing, advertising, music, and art. Music and art I can get my head around, but sorry did you say through business, finance, advertising and clothing? The mind boggles. Then fulfill our collective destiny by co opting it all with love and compassion, such a new and unique and enlightened vision. If only there was a movie or graphic novel about all this that we could buy. Lol. To be fair this is Roger waxing poetically, not Corey, oh no definitely not Corey..

Q: If you are telling the truth about your testimony, wouldn’t other people step forward with the same testimony? Unless you are the only person in the ‘SSP’ and who experienced a ’20 and Back?’ So in sending a cease and desist to another whistle-blower, are you not silencing them from sharing their own testimony? Regardless if you believe them or not, should they not be allowed to share their perspectives so we can discern the truth for ourselves?

Finally a great question, one that fundamentally gets to the nub of this “press release” or should I say fan release.

Answer - Corey Goode: The SSP Alliance and I knew others would step forward with similar testimony for sure. If they were real insiders they would not only be on the asset roles that the SSP Alliance has access to but would also know that certain information I have given in my testimony are phrases I was told to create to be associated with certain SSP terms and topics publicly.

Well this makes perfect sense, to a madman, it's all a clever test. So only those who are on the secret asset roles of the SSP Alliance would know which phrases and terms and topics were created by Corey. And only Corey has access to the SSP Alliance and their secret asset roles, lol..

For example, the SSP Alliance knew that disinformation campaigns would be used against genuine insiders and used a common military intelligence tactic of taking a program name or topic, replacing it with a placeholder name and use that placeholder name as a part of the testimony. This is to give an extra layer of protection to the SSP Alliance, and their sources and methods, as well as keep the heaviest heat off of assets who are disseminating information to the public.

Well this is as clear as mud. So all this creating of false and misleading phrases and terms and topics is merely COMSEC to protect the assets of the SSP Alliance from getting any heat from disclosing said material. However, according to Corey, he’s the only one who is disseminating this information to the public thus far..

For example, I was approached by a retired Air Force Surgeon, who I call ‘Bones’, who claimed to have been in a program that sounded exactly like the one I had described except he remembered it being called a different name. Furthermore, he was in the programs during the same time I was.

I wonder if the different name “Bones” remembered was SSE? As in Space Ship Enterprise, lol. But at least he was in the programs at the same time as Corey was, finally this sounds like corroborating evidence, which I find interesting, as most of that “time” in the programs is still yet to happen..

So, when people come forward using some of the terms and project names I use it is an immediate red flag. I then follow up with the SSP Alliance to verify if the people were indeed in the programs. So far, Bones and one other are the only people that have passed that test. He chooses to remain anonymous for now but has been able to provide more information on this program than any in the SSP Alliance had known prior. He provided that program’s asset roles that went back nearly 80 years as well as vital intel about its organizational structure.

Wait, wait what? So you mean to tell me that this anonymous “Bones” character actually provided you with nearly 80 years of vital organizational intel and more information on his program than anyone in the SSP Alliance had known before? Personally I would have thought that this was a much bigger red flag than having other people coming forward using your own self created and cleverly crafted word traps of terms and project names..

I know as our movies begin to come out there will be more and more who use my testimony as a scaffolding upon which to attach their own narratives. This type of ‘Fan Fiction’ will only increase. This is dangerous to the true Full SSP Disclosure narrative but is something that will continue. Those who chose to create these stories will have to do so without using my testimony and protected terms and content.

Or else he will sue the heck out of them fan fiction frauds, at the very least he will do his best to discredit them. Lol. Please people don't pay to watch his made up nonsense movies, it will only encourage him to do more.

The only way I can ensure that the community receives the true and correct testimony that I have brought forth is by way of policing its quality standards and use.

Ha ha ha. So said every charismatic cult leader in history, up to and including Corey Goode.

My recommend to Jason Rice is carry on. Time for you to be the wind of change. Let Corey try to sue you and prove you wrong, the blow-back from such a case would bring into the cold light of day Corey’s very limited military record in the Texas National Guard, his extremely shaky work history, his baffling case of criminal trespass and the associated restraining order and last but not least, his recorded mental health issues.

But let's not forget what a complete and utter BS artiste and delusional fool he really must be to have taken this self serving lie so far. I genuinely feel sorry for his poor wife and kids.

The threat of litigation is just that, a threat. He and his close friends and their Pro Bono lawyer sister, are literally just peeing into the wind... N

If anyone wants to post this to Corey's Facebook feel free, fair use and all that…
    Last edited by Nasu; 19th October 2018 at 09:30.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Andrew_K (19th October 2018), KansasGirl (20th October 2018), Kristin (21st October 2018), mountain_jim (19th October 2018), Retief (19th October 2018), RunningDeer (19th October 2018), Tintin (21st October 2018)

11. Link to Post #1906
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Jason Rice contacted Joe from the Carolinas. Way to go, Joe.

Corey Goode - WE REJECT YOUR TESTIMONY
    Latest About Disclosure And Trademarks (21 minutes)
    Corey Goode - WE REJECT YOUR TESTIMONY - Latest About Disclosure And Trademarks - October 2018. Community Call To Action! I provide an update regarding Jason Rice Secret Space Program insider as well as a quick channel update, then provide a JFTC community opinion response to the Sphere Being Alliance Facebook Post titled, Questions for Corey Goode on Disclosure, Intellectual Property Rights, Trade Marks, and Similar SSP Testimonies.

Joe from the Carolinas
    Published on Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 19th October 2018 at 02:04.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Andrew_K (19th October 2018), Did You See Them (19th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (19th October 2018), Ivanhoe (20th October 2018), Jean-Marie (19th October 2018), Kristin (21st October 2018), mountain_jim (19th October 2018), Nasu (19th October 2018), Spellbound (21st October 2018), Tintin (21st October 2018)

13. Link to Post #1907
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Thanks RunningDeer. Good old Joe. Corey is trade-marking a lie, ha ha, classic logic, brilliant Joe. Another great vid. Glad we are both on the same page. My hope is that Corey has finally gone too far with this sprawling excuse for an explanation of his behavior, now we will see. I am constantly surprised by how his followers seem to have zero discernment, so anything is possible, he may get more followers from this, lol....xxx.... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 19th October 2018 at 02:47.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Andrew_K (19th October 2018), Did You See Them (19th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (19th October 2018), Ivanhoe (20th October 2018), Kristin (21st October 2018), mountain_jim (19th October 2018), RunningDeer (19th October 2018), Tintin (21st October 2018), Wind (19th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #1908
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,755 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    After just a couple minutes easy searching, the first mention of "Secret Space Program" I found was in Alex Collier's book Defending Sacred Ground, which was published in 1996. Here:

I'd strongly guess it was also mentioned earlier than that, by the same name, maybe by Bill Cooper, John Lear, and others.

Friends, use the term freely.
    ~~~

A couple more minutes, and I found it was used 3 times by Bill Hamilton in his 1991 book Cosmic Top Secret.
    I've uploaded this to the Avalon server. (It's in the Avalon Library, but that's closed just now till 1 November.)
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 19th October 2018 at 15:49.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Did You See Them (22nd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (19th October 2018), Innocent Warrior (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), Kristin (21st October 2018), Nasu (19th October 2018), RunningDeer (19th October 2018), Tintin (21st October 2018)

17. Link to Post #1909
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 times in 237 posts

I found this comment by Corey Goode on OnStellar, and I just had to share it. This is really bad. LMAO. He’s so smug about it, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Oct 21, 1 08 08 PM.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	39335
    https://onstellar.com/blogs/104769/N...wns-Disclosure

He starts by rehashing what he said about trademarking being a standard practice in the entertainment industry, except this is not the entertainment industry; this is ufology, a field of research.

Next, he says some nonsense about movie houses appropriating his story and modifying it into a work of fiction, which should be their right if Corey claims to be telling a true historical account and not a fictional story. Ironically, he compares himself to a fiction writer, saying “Writers copyright their material for the same reasons.” He goes on about some more nonsense about the entertainment industry “raping and pillaging” the community.

He says that only a minority are in the camp that the SSP trademark should not stand, a “minority” that includes Bill Ryan and the Project Avalon Forum, Joe from the Carolinas, Clif High, Dark Journalist, Walter Bosley, Richard Dolan, Joseph Farrell, C.W. Chanter, Unirock, some of Corey’s own followers, and now, even Catherine Austin Fitts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (9282).png
Views:	54
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	39334
    https://twitter.com/TheSolariReport/...34448309657601

Of course, for every researcher who comes forward and calls out Corey and co. on their antics, there are dozens more lurking.

Finally, he linked to an old video called “Corey Goode Update: Dark Alliance In Panic Mode...” by a channel that pushes Corey Goode content. Based on the amount of views and the relatively high number of likes it has, Corey concluded that most of the community is behind him on the trademark issue, which has nothing to do with the actual video. Another problem with his assertion is that is he’s conflating the popcorn-munching New Age community with the actual UFO community.
    Last edited by Andrew_K; 21st October 2018 at 21:01.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_K For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2018), Billy (22nd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (21st October 2018), Innocent Warrior (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), Kristin (21st October 2018), Mike (21st October 2018), mountain_jim (21st October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), RunningDeer (21st October 2018), Wind (21st October 2018)

19. Link to Post #1910
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,755 times in 32,946 posts

Richard Dolan spends a fair chunk of this new video talking about Corey and his trademarking gambit. He opens the show with it 00—04:20 and finishes with it too, all the way from the half way point at 15:33. He's pissed.

Tomorrow evening, Monday 22 Oct, he'll be on with Jimmy Church at about 10.30 pm US Eastern Time to talk about exactly this. Richard will also livestream it from his own channel.

It should be excellent and fascinating listening, as Jimmy sweats to be the buddy of all sides at once.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 21st October 2018 at 22:02.

20. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Andrew_K (21st October 2018), Billy (22nd October 2018), Chip (15th November 2018), Debra (21st October 2018), Did You See Them (22nd October 2018), drneglector (23rd October 2018), Flyswim (23rd October 2018), Iancorgi (22nd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (21st October 2018), Innocent Warrior (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), Kristin (21st October 2018), Mike (21st October 2018), mountain_jim (21st October 2018), NancyV (21st October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), onawah (21st October 2018), RunningDeer (21st October 2018), Spellbound (21st October 2018), Tintin (23rd October 2018)

21. Link to Post #1911
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,801 times in 8,390 posts

Quote Posted by Andrew_K (here)

He says that only a minority are in the camp that the SSP trademark should not stand, a “minority” that includes Bill Ryan and the Project Avalon Forum, Joe from the Carolinas, Clif High, Dark Journalist, Walter Bosley, Richard Dolan, Joseph Farrell, C.W. Chanter, Unirock, some of Corey’s own followers, and now, even Catherine Austin Fitts.
    I think that's quite a big camp, and that's not even counting the folks who are not going to give the guy their time at all, or the ones who are not yet aware.

He's about to find out what real unity in the community looks like.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Andrew_K (21st October 2018), Bill Ryan (21st October 2018), Billy (22nd October 2018), Debra (21st October 2018), ichingcarpenter (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), Kristin (21st October 2018), Mike (21st October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), RunningDeer (21st October 2018), Satori (22nd October 2018), Spellbound (21st October 2018)

23. Link to Post #1912
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Andrew_K (here)
    Finally, he linked to an old video called “Corey Goode Update: Dark Alliance In Panic Mode...” by a channel that pushes Corey Goode content. Based on the amount of views and the relatively high number of likes it has, Corey concluded that most of the community is behind him on the trademark issue, which has nothing to do with the actual video. Another problem with his assertion is that is he’s conflating the popcorn-munching New Age community with the actual UFO community.
    Corey counts on no one double checking what he says.
    30,533 views since Aug. 17, 2017

Corey Goode Update: Dark Alliance In Panic Mode…

Last edited by RunningDeer; 21st October 2018 at 21:56.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Andrew_K (21st October 2018), Bill Ryan (21st October 2018), Billy (22nd October 2018), Debra (21st October 2018), Did You See Them (22nd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), Kristin (21st October 2018), Mike (21st October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), Spellbound (21st October 2018)

25. Link to Post #1913
    Thanks

Dolan is gonna simulcast the jimmy church show on his own channel having a live chat on his.

Church will not allow chat on his own channel but does do a live show. Church also bans people for asking questions, edits posts and deletes posts on his youtube show.

Now imagine, Dolan is gonna be reading the comments from many of the greats of this field at the same time he's talking to Church. His wife will keep him aware of what's up you can bet on that. Jimmy won't be able to control the narrative like he usually does.

Bill ....... please be on that chat!! .......
    I will be as I expect others here will be

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Andrew_K (21st October 2018), Bill Ryan (21st October 2018), Billy (22nd October 2018), Chip (15th November 2018), happyuk (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), onawah (22nd October 2018), RunningDeer (22nd October 2018), Spellbound (21st October 2018)

27. Link to Post #1914
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

In Canada, if you are considered an author, you usually won't trademark anything but you will have author rights which are starting from the date of publication and your descendants have the rights if you are dead, regarding your previous books, articles, courses, etc.

Of course it is better if you register your authors rights (but not obligatory), but registering it does not make the words used trademarked, it only means the content cannot be reproduced.

But, you will trademark ideas or products names if you are selling ideas - which are usually within a definite framework/concept - or products. Trademarks are usually for sales and marketing purposes. And also for household recognition.

Example "Lean Cuisine from Stouffer" or "Cuisine Minceur" in French for their on the shelves products, which Stouffer stole from my sister who had stupidly not trademarked it since she was writing books, you see. She could have though, because the books came with a concept.

Many authors did used the term "cuisine minceur" even after it was trademarked by Stouffer, and they were never sued. Nor did they have lawyers letters. But none used it to put on a product or a line of anything.

I do not know where Corey took his lawyers, but he will be beaten up in court. If the law is similar in the US, which I believe it is for trademarks and authors rights.

Anyone who writes and gives speeches can still use the term as authors or speakers. But they probably cannot use it for creating something in the entertainment industry.

I wonder if it has been used anywhere in Lucas films or other science fiction movies/entertainment, in which case Corey could be sued back for using it.
    Last edited by Flash; 21st October 2018 at 23:18.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Andrew_K (21st October 2018), Bill Ryan (21st October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), RunningDeer (22nd October 2018), Spellbound (21st October 2018)

29. Link to Post #1915
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,259 times in 1,040 posts

Tomorrow evening, Monday 22 Oct, he'll be on with Jimmy Church at about 10.30 pm US Eastern Time to talk about exactly this. Richard will also livestream it from his own channel.

It should be excellent and fascinating listening, as Jimmy sweats to be the buddy of all sides at once.
    I've often wondered how Jimmy Church doesn't get told to identify which horse he wants to back because they all can't be right. Dude must have splinters up his @ss from sitting on that fence for so long.

Dave - Toronto

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Andrew_K (21st October 2018), Bill Ryan (21st October 2018), ichingcarpenter (22nd October 2018), Jad (23rd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), RunningDeer (22nd October 2018)

31. Link to Post #1916
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

---------------------

From what I am reading, the "secret space program" may have been used in Moonraker, it should be check.

Here we are: before Corey's request for trademark in the entertainment industry:

Quote The X-Files (TV Series)
    My Struggle III (2018)
    David Duchovny: Fox Mulder

Mr. Y : Kill him before he kills us all. You're his son, Mr. Mulder.

Erika Price : He won't be expecting you.

Fox Mulder : You know what I think? That's only half the story. He wants to exterminate humanity. What's your budding enterprise?

Erika Price : The colonization of space.

Mr. Y : We're closer than you think.

Erika Price : Building Dyson spheres and magnificent habitable structures.

Fox Mulder : Oh. That's the plan. A secret space program? I don't think so. I think this is a power play. You want me to kill him so you can implement your own plan. You want to see blood in the streets. The colonization of space? How do you plan to do that? Transport all humanity off-planet? Seven billion people? That's not possible. Only a chosen few. And you call *him* evil?

Mr. Y : We can take you with us, Mr. Mulder, you and your boy.

Fox Mulder : You're a liar. You're all liars.

Mr. Y : Then no one can save us.

Fox Mulder : I know someone who can save us. And I think you know her, too. Now get out of my way.
    Last edited by Flash; 22nd October 2018 at 01:07.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd October 2018), Did You See Them (22nd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), RunningDeer (22nd October 2018)

33. Link to Post #1917
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    ---------------------

From what I am reading, the "secret space program" may have been used in Moonraker, it should be check.

Here we are: before Corey's request for trademark in the entertainment industry:

Quote The X-Files (TV Series)
    My Struggle III (2018)
    David Duchovny: Fox Mulder

Mr. Y : Kill him before he kills us all. You're his son, Mr. Mulder.

Erika Price : He won't be expecting you.

Fox Mulder : You know what I think? That's only half the story. He wants to exterminate humanity. What's your budding enterprise?

Erika Price : The colonization of space.

Mr. Y : We're closer than you think.

Erika Price : Building Dyson spheres and magnificent habitable structures.

Fox Mulder : Oh. That's the plan. A secret space program? I don't think so. I think this is a power play. You want me to kill him so you can implement your own plan. You want to see blood in the streets. The colonization of space? How do you plan to do that? Transport all humanity off-planet? Seven billion people? That's not possible. Only a chosen few. And you call *him* evil?

Mr. Y : We can take you with us, Mr. Mulder, you and your boy.

Fox Mulder : You're a liar. You're all liars.

Mr. Y : Then no one can save us.

Fox Mulder : I know someone who can save us. And I think you know her, too. Now get out of my way.

How do I substitute Chris Carter's name vs Rice's in this letter from Corey's attorney?
    I'm sure Chris Carter will get one of these letters soon anyway since all ideas come from Corey in his fictional delusional reality

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd October 2018), Did You See Them (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), RunningDeer (22nd October 2018), Spellbound (22nd October 2018)

35. Link to Post #1918
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hey™, I'm™ Joe™ from™ the™ Carolina's™

Secret Space Program™- Evidence™ Debate™ Challenge™
    for the Community -Sather, Goode, Wilcock, Gold (12 minutes)

Jason rice is allegedly in violation of Mr. Goode’s copyrights trademark rights and other existing intellectual property rights. Which kind of upset the community. I think is an understatement. Most recently on the 19th of October in a livestream broadcast one of the pillars of this community. Dark Journalist interviewed another pillar of the community Walter Bosley regarding how things are going with this whole ridiculous nonsense about trademarking these terms and taking them away from legitimate experiencers.

Some of the main issues discussed in Dark Journalists broadcast with Walter Bosley where issues including but not limited to not only intellectual property rights, but how long have these term that Mr. Goode’s attending the trademark been in use in common usage for years and years and years.

So it's a really good broadcast (linked below) and it actually provides evidence to the contrary that Mr. Goode invented some of these terms. Another implication of trademarking commonly used terms in ufology is actually silencing people having the legal means to tell someone they're not allowed to use words that they themselves learned completely independent of being exposed to Mr. Goode’s story.

Dark journalists proposed that there be a debate during that broadcast… so that's a little bit of the back story in case you were wondering so you understand where we’re going with the remainder of this video.

Dark journalists proposed that there be a debate during that broadcast…

Joe from the Carolinas
    Published on Oct 21, 2018

Secret™ Space™ Program™ Evidence™ Debate™ Challenge™ to the Cult of Disclosure from Dark Journalist, Walter Bosley, C.W. Chanter, and Clif High vs. Corey Goode, David Wilcock, Jordan Sather, and Roger Richards Ramsaur/Ramseur/Emma Gold. The secret space program community as well as the larger UFOLOGY community is looking forward to Corey Goode et al accepting the debate challenge so that we can engage in a lighthearted, respectful, and professional debate while all being reassured that we haven't forgotten about our sense of humor over the past few years.

Disclaimer - Obviously, all statements made in this video are comedic points and I have no actual intentions of trademarking anyone's name, intellectual or creative property, or even the city of Boston. Of course, all of my own words like Joe from the Carolinas™ and Ab[para]normal™ do belong to me.

#SecretSpaceProgram #NOSSPTM #ComicExposure #UFOLOGY

Dark Journalist DARK JOURNALIST SPECIAL: SECRET SPACE PROGRAM CIA DISCLOSURE CULT! GUEST WALTER BOSLEY - [video here]
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 22nd October 2018 at 21:17.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd October 2018), Billy (22nd October 2018), Deux Corbeaux (22nd October 2018), Did You See Them (23rd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), Satori (22nd October 2018), Spellbound (22nd October 2018)

37. Link to Post #1919
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,860 times in 21,554 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Jason rice is allegedly in violation of Mr. Goode’s copyrights trademark rights and other existing intellectual property rights. Which kind of upset the community. I think is an understatement. Most recently on the 19th of October in a livestream broadcast one of the pillars of this community. Dark Journalist interviewed another pillar of the community Walter Bosley regarding how things are going with this whole ridiculous nonsense about trademarking these terms and taking them away from legitimate experiencers.

Some of the main issues discussed in Dark Journalists broadcast with Walter Bosley where issues including but not limited to not only intellectual property rights, but how long have these term that Mr. Goode’s attending the trademark been in use in common usage for years and years and years.
    Words in common use for a long time can be trademarked. Example: Apple.

I am sure that the word "apple" was in common use long before Steve Jobs was a gleem in his parents eyes. However I am also sure that if I applied for a trademark on the word Apple to refer to some computer related thing of mine, that Apple's lawyers would crush me, or at least my application, like a bug.

A Google search for "can you trademark common words" provides a variety of links explaining what's going on.

Consider for example this page: Trademark Registration of Common Words or Phrases, which begins:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Trademark Registration of Common Words or Phrases

By: Xavier Morales, Esq., Last updated on August 25th, 2018

Clients oftentimes call me to ask if they can get a trademark registration on a “common word” or a “common phrase.” The question itself is always asked with a doubtful tone, as if they already know the answer is “no.” To their surprise, however, the answer is a resounding “”. Or at least in some cases it is.

Current Example

Can you trademark a phrase or common word? Chances are, we’re all familiar with at least one generic word that is registered as a trademark. You may even be using one of their devices to read this.

One example that I like to give to clients is that of Apple Inc., the famous computer and software manufacturer. The word “apple” is a very common word, and yet Apple Inc. had no problem trademarking the term “APPLE” for computers and computer programs. Nor did Apple Rubber Products, John Middleton Co., and Scholastic, Inc. All of those companies, and many others, own trademark rights to the single word “APPLE”.

Why was this allowed? Because the word “apple” is an arbitrary word when used in connection with the manufacture and sale of computers and computer programs, or tobacco products, or educational materials. That is, there is nothing about these products that relates to “apples”. Accordingly, the term “APPLE” is actually a pretty strong trademark, as is the case when you apply a completely arbitrary term (however common it may be) to promote your products or services.

The case would be much different if someone wanted to get a trademark on the word “APPLE” in connection with the sale of apples (the fruit). In that case, the name “APPLE” would simply be a generic term for the type of goods being provided, namely, apples. Because of this, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) would never issue a federal trademark registration for the term “APPLE” if the only products being provided were fruit products, even the best trademark attorney wouldn’t be able to help you with that attempt.

The example of “APPLE” also illustrates an important point when trademarking a common word. Just because Apple Inc. has trademarked “APPLE” does not mean that they own the word in all instances. How could they, if Scholastic, Inc. and John Middleton Co., among many others, have also trademarked “APPLE”?

Context is Everything

Trademarks are not about owning a word or phrase. It is about providing companies with distinctiveness and preventing consumer confusion. If another company producing computers or computer programs called itself Apple Hardware or Apple Electronics, then Apple Inc. could sue them for trademark infringement. But if Honda wanted to create a car called the Honda Apple, then Apple Inc. would have a very hard time getting them to stop. There is little to no chance that consumers would confuse Honda’s car with Apple’s computer products.

Further proof that registering a trademark does not bestow total ownership of the word: six different companies have trademark registrations for the word “TRADEMARK”. There are another 10 going through the process with the USPTO. Yet each company uses the mark for its own distinctive products, and none confuses consumers by using the term in association with said products.

Common words or phrases are therefore well within the scope of trademark protection, so long as the words or phrases in question are not generic for the types of products or services being provided. After all, how else would TIME (the magazine), SHELL (the energy giant), and CATERPILLAR (the equipment manufacturer) get their trademark registrations?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My untrained legal opinion: Corey Goode's applications to trademark SSP, Secret Space Program and "20 and back" for his media products presenting his material on such will be declined, because those terms are already in common use to refer to just such items as presented, discussed and researched by others.

I probably could trademark "apple" to name a new breed of cow that I came up with in my genetics engineering lab, but I could not trademark the word "apple" to refer to my commentaries or other media relating to the existing Apple computers. What's more, it wouldn't take the substantial resources of Apple's legal staff to stop any such trademark efforts on my part. Unless Corey Goode has some inside influence in the US Trademark Office (or whatever they call themselves), Corey Goode's applications should be rejected without significant dispute.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd October 2018), Deux Corbeaux (22nd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (22nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), mountain_jim (22nd October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), RunningDeer (22nd October 2018), Spellbound (22nd October 2018), WalterBosley (22nd October 2018), Wind (22nd October 2018)

39. Link to Post #1920
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 times in 243 posts

Good info and logical, of course. Let's see what happens with the trademark office first, then we'll see what happens next. We probably don't have much of anything to worry about BUT it's good to be vocal and let the storytellers know what we think.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd October 2018), Billy (22nd October 2018), Chip (26th October 2018), Jean-Marie (23rd October 2018), mountain_jim (22nd October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018), RunningDeer (22nd October 2018), ThePythonicCow (22nd October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 124 FirstFirst 1 46 86 96 106 124 LastLast