Thread: Trump - "Illegal" immigration - Sam's view

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Default Trump - "Illegal" immigration - Sam's view

Some folks may be surprised at what they are about to read (if anyone bothers to). Don't worry, I won't disappoint when I post my views on abortion (upcoming).

But now to the US issue of "illegal" immigration. Why do I write "illegal" in quotes? Certainly anyone who has followed the issue (no matter what side one might find oneself on) is aware of the semantics war between the phrases "Illegal alien" and "undocumented immigrant" yes?

Well, to me the matter is clear. To be in the US without what the US law requires as proper documentation is actually and only... "undocumented." And as for the law in the US, this is very clearly nothing but a civil matter. Let me emphasize - it is not a criminal offense to be in the US without proper, currently valid documentation. It is a civil matter only.

Now there are all sorts of things someone can do to be in the US without proper, currently valid documentation. Most of those would be criminal acts. But to be charged with one of those criminal acts, one must be caught committing them. And for those who may be interested in this issue (if they don't already know), according to this report, over 40% of the entire undocumented population in the US is from visa overstays and that since 2007 the percentage, year by year is well over 50% and in some cases reached 60%.

So if I am not a US citizen or legal resident and I come to the US with a visa and I do not leave before the visa expires, all I am is "undocumented" and this is only a civil offense.

Also, if I am not a US citizen or legal resident and I have somehow entered the US in any other way, though it can be inferred I probably committed a crime, it likely cannot be proven and thus I am only "undocumented" and this is only a civil offense.

So on the basis of everything I noted above, I do not see how the US Federal government can compel state or municipal authorities to hold someone in a jail based on nothing but a request when that request is based on a civil violation.

The only way it seems this could be done is if the law were changed and this would have to be done by the US Congress and upheld in court if the law faced any legal challenges.

OK, so... I have begun my thread regarding the matter and I have only touched on one point in this OP. I have more to come. It would be nice to enter into intelligent dialogue regarding the matter.
    Last edited by Chester; 26th April 2017 at 12:52.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th April 2017), Bruno (26th April 2017), genevieve (26th April 2017), JChombre (26th April 2017), marique3652 (29th April 2017), Mercedes (28th April 2017), petra (6th May 2017), sanma (26th April 2017), TargeT (26th April 2017), Tinman (26th April 2017), wondering (26th April 2017), Yetti (4th May 2017), Zanshin (26th April 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Trump - "Illegal" immigration - Sam's view

As for the current attempt by the US DOJ to compel cooperation from jurisdictions which prefer not to cooperate by withholding Federal grant money, here is a document that appears very well presented and done so by lawyers who seem to know their stuff.

FAQ on Federal Grant Conditions and Cooperation with Immigration Enforcement

The reason I posted this document is that the document supports my own interpretation that it would take an act of Congress (that would need the President to sign into law) to change the situation from an enforcement standpoint.

Of course, all I have posted so far is a current "snapshot" of this particular facet of the overall "immigration issue" the US is facing. In other words, the issue is multi-faceted but in addition to this, the issue has evolved over decades.

It is my opinion that the biggest mistake being made by just about everyone is that no one seems to be looking at each and every facet of the issue while also looking equally at how we got here now... and then doing this in a way that ties it all together into a whole where a big picture set of goals can be established as to how to get control of the matter and set forth a comprehensive plan going forward... a plan that details each and every step needed to achieve these goals.
    Last edited by Chester; 26th April 2017 at 14:01.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

TargeT (26th April 2017), Yetti (4th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    The reason I posted this document is that the document supports my own interpretation that it would take an act of Congress (that would need the President to sign into law) to change the situation from an enforcement standpoint.
    I'm sure an executive order could be passed to do the same (and maybe finally executive orders will get stricken down and we can roll back some of the poison done by previous administrations, and current).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Chester (26th April 2017), marique3652 (4th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I'm sure an executive order could be passed to do the same (and maybe finally executive orders will get stricken down and we can roll back some of the poison done by previous administrations, and current).
    Yet note that what we have seen is that an Executive Order by Donald Trump is far more likely to get declared illegal (citing arguments that the US Constitution is being violated) by a single Federal judge which results in a restraint being placed on execution of the EO whereas an act of Congress signed into law is far less likely to experience a court challenge in part because Congress makes the law but more to the point that the lawmaker is not Donald Trump. It is my opinion that these Federal judges feel emboldened that they are blocking a Trump EO because... it is Donald Trump doing it. Trump hatred is at a level few ever imagined possible. I should not stray towards commenting on my opinion of why and so I won't.

Now their next level of "creative interpretation" of the Constitution could be justified to the 26% or so that it blocks the will of the "evil Republicans" but this is far riskier because of the upcoming elections in 2018 ass well as beyond. The senate is already being played so that the Republican majority will likely increase by three to five seats. If they get an eight seat swing, it's "ballgame over" for the Dems... as long as the Republicans maintain a decent majority in the House too.
    Last edited by Chester; 26th April 2017 at 14:44.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

TargeT (26th April 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Notice all the rollbacks of laws enacted by Congress under Obama... what 13 so far? I think they call this "Congressional review" utilizing the Congressional Review Act. Also all the rollbacks of so many of Obama's EOs. Far more than any other president in recent memory and perhaps in the history of the US.
    Last edited by Chester; 26th April 2017 at 23:46.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

marique3652 (4th May 2017), TargeT (26th April 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,912 times in 4,329 posts

My view on the current immigration situation is as follows.

The elite want their New World Order, which is a One World Order, a single government that rules the entire world.
    The biggest obstacle to this according to Dr. John Coleman is the American middle class. So the American middle class has been under attack and still is.
    The plan with the current Muslim situation is this.
    My heart truly goes out to the people of Syria, Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan and the US should have never set foot in those countries much less dropped bombs on them and or instilled regime changes.
    But the fact remains that the US did these things.
    And the people from these countries hate the USA and every citizen who lives here, and I empathize with them and I'm so sorry for what the USA has done to them.
    But right now, George Soros and the elite who want a New World Order, they want these refugees to come into the United States and help bring down the USA from within.
    They also want this for Europe.
    Billy Meier stated back in 1975 that Europe would burn from within due to Muslim extremism.
    I wish Billy Meier would have also mentioned it was due to the globalists feigning humanitarianism so as to move troops into countries to tear them apart from within, but hey he still told us quite a bit.

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Atlas (26th April 2017), Ben (3rd May 2017), bluegalacticmonkey (13th May 2017), Bruno (26th April 2017), cascadian (27th April 2017), Chester (26th April 2017), Deega (26th April 2017), Desire (26th April 2017), Helene West (26th April 2017), LivioRazlo (27th April 2017), marique3652 (29th April 2017), NancyV (5th May 2017), norman (6th May 2017), petra (6th May 2017), seko (27th April 2017), TargeT (26th April 2017), wondering (26th April 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Regarding DNA's post #6 above...

One of my operational protocols is that I try my best not to represent any opinion I might hold as unequivocal fact. I am glad that DNA stated his opinion to be "his view." Just for the record, based on all my research and based on my perceived rise in "having a clue," I make odds pretty good that much if not all of what DNA suggests is likely true.

This view is also what I call, "a helicopter view." Seeing the big picture of the big goal(s) from way up above. It is my own opinion that exploring our world from this angle could be quite useful. It is also my opinion that for someone like me to do anything about any of it (if anything can be done) would need to start from the ground up because I am a bottom dweller from the perspective of the world's elite. I am a nobody who, if not for the words I write on this forum, am most likely invisible to the elite.

So I feel compelled to create a thread such as this from the position that I could do something about it just by sharing my views with others such that if there be any validity to my views and others embrace some of them (or much of them) then perhaps the odds of change (for the better) are raised... of course knowing that what I might think is "better" is still nothing but a subjective opinion.

I hope we can explore this issue in this thread in a way that perhaps practical solutions could also be explored.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bruno (26th April 2017), Desire (27th April 2017), DNA (26th April 2017), marique3652 (29th April 2017), petra (6th May 2017), TargeT (26th April 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks for your well thought out statement DNA and your courage

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desire For This Post:

DNA (27th April 2017), marique3652 (14th May 2017), norman (6th May 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Just an observation -

Interesting that this thread has sat all day without anyone offering any solutions. Opinions as to why things are as they are... but no one has anything to suggest in the way of any solution(s). I guess exploring solutions isn't sexy enough. Sad that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

petra (6th May 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Sam

You're an optimist. You want to talk rule of law and enforcement of laws, etc. You have to have people of integrity to do that. It's over - O V E R.

I just came back from a store and noted the headlines of one of my city's daily hate newspapers. They were ecstatic that some judge overruled trump's withholding of funds to uncooperative cities.

My view is similar to DNA's larger picture. My difference with how DNA wrote above is when he states the "USA" went into the middle east and did all the damage, etc.etc. I'm american and I didn't authorize this. Did anyone reading this authorize or back these horrors?
    If we don't start differentiating in our thinking, speaking and discussing, that is, being careful how we name things, discussion is meaningless. We need to stop saying things like America did this or that, the USA did this or that when no one in the citizenry is consulted about anything. DNA has stated his sympathy for the refugees because the 'USA' has disrupted the lives of the middle easterners. I substitute 'USA' with 'ruling class'. I Refuse Culpability of their actions. And don't tell me about american citizen culpability because our young are in the military; according to political analyst Craig B. Hulet, half our enlisted army is mexican and if ordinary folks are desperate for money they will join the military, that is human not political.

The purpose of modern immigration is to dilute and disempower the white race in every white or formerly white country.

The globalists are white but they do not practice 'diversity' or identify with whites outside of their class. They preach and mandate diversity to us peasants but they marry only their own class - that is what a ruling class does.

The judges knocking down trump's attempt to control immigration know it will cause chaos and destroy american working and middle class - THEY DON'T CARE, they are doing their job serving their/our masters. They will ignore, bypass, overrule, use accusations of racism, etc Whether threatened or well remunerated the judges will do what they are told.

They want their one world government and though they give lip service to diversity it is only a means to an end of one standardized race of obedient sheep. With AI and robotic & digital automation they will need those outside their class less and less for labor and maintaining structures like they did in past centuries. So what will they want us for? some minimal labor, sex exploitation, ritual sacrifice & cannibalism, entertainment...

The ruling class's pawns, like Macron in France, are even publicly using the term 'globalism' to mean something good and beneficial. They have co-opted the term and will make globalists sound positive.

Talk of immigration from some logical or legal standpoint is fruitless. We are discussing, They are laughing...

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Desire (27th April 2017), DNA (27th April 2017), LivioRazlo (27th April 2017), marique3652 (29th April 2017), NancyV (5th May 2017), seko (27th April 2017), TargeT (27th April 2017), wnlight (5th May 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    The purpose of modern immigration is to dilute and disempower the white race in every white or formerly white country.
    Just wow.

You might need to ponder what it means to be American.
    Here is some help

New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    “Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
    With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

America is an idea, not a piece of land. It is the ideas of liberty freedom and justice FOR ALL. Sam, if you want solutions, it is standing right in front of you. I see one simple test. Either you believe in those ideals and are welcomed freely into our country, or you leave. And currently, many so called americans should be shown the door as they dont actually share american values. Lady liberty is weeping . . .

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 9ofClubs (here)
    Just wow.

America is an idea, not a piece of land. It is the ideas of liberty freedom and justice FOR ALL. Sam, if you want solutions, it is standing right in front of you. I see one simple test. Either you believe in those ideals and are welcomed freely into our country, or you leave. And currently, many so called americans should be shown the door as they dont actually share american values. Lady liberty is weeping . . .
    The statue of liberty is on Elise island, Ellis island which eventually became more famous for deportations, than immigration..

It sounds like you believe revisionist history far too much

All is not as it seems, we have had controlled immigration for a LONG time.. Ellis island only let 12million in during it's entire (62 year) operation.

it's estimated that 1.2 million people illegally imigrate annually...

the US was never a place for all, it was a place to rise a large working class, milk it for all it's worth, then toss the husk aside and move onto china and do the same thing.

Helene isn't far from the truth.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (13th May 2017), Atlas (1st May 2017), Bruno (28th April 2017), Desire (27th April 2017), DNA (27th April 2017), genevieve (27th April 2017), Helene West (27th April 2017), marique3652 (2nd May 2017), NancyV (5th May 2017), PurpleLama (28th April 2017), seko (27th April 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Just wow.

Here is some help

New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    “Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
    With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Thanks at least for the 'wow'.
    Nice poem but it is irrelevant today.
    Sorry you're not seeing the entire picture. Search Pres Theodore Roosevelt's speeches to European immigrants. They were treated in a much more no-nonsense way than the sanctuary city deception of today. They were told point blank - you learn English, you become american, we don't cater to you, you become one of us. You can even find his speeches on the dangers of 'hyphenated americans'. He was almost psychic on that count. Today the Tower of Babel is what is encouraged, scores of different communities are encouraged, tribalism is encouraged and that is for the reason of division and destruction.
    Forced, contrived, artificial, immigration is only part of an overall plan. I understand you're seeing from the point of view of 'lady Liberty', compassion and all that good stuff. I wish it was about that...I really do. At least you didn't call me a racist, so I'll thank you for that.
    The freemason's gift, what you call Lady Liberty or the Roman goddess Libertas from the Babylonian Ishtar is said by some ancient historians to be - “Mother of the Harlots and Abominations of the Earth”. Another joke of the globalists.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Desire (28th April 2017), DNA (27th April 2017), fourty-two (28th April 2017), genevieve (27th April 2017), marique3652 (2nd May 2017), NancyV (5th May 2017), TargeT (27th April 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So I take it (so far) that seeking solutions is a waste of time and therefore our fate is cast in stone.

Perhaps your right.

I see that today... exactly 5 years from the day I had the most amazing experience of my life... the day I discovered the Horus-Ra thread and realized the voice in my head wasn't God after all... but likely some mind parasite, where I then experienced an instant change, a flushing of the deep despair I had lived solidly for the prior three months... a true, deep dark night of the soul that... this very "internet space" through which I discovered a reason to live again, is now filled with nothing but giver-uppers?

I really do hope not but I also know I am naive enough to believe otherwise despite so much of what I have been reading on PA... pretty much everyone's opinion "we are toast"... sad... really sad.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

araucaria (29th April 2017), genevieve (27th April 2017), Helene West (27th April 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

So I take it (so far) that seeking solutions is a waste of time and therefore our fate is cast in stone.

Perhaps your right.

I see that today... exactly 5 years from the day I had the most amazing experience of my life... the day I discovered the Horus-Ra thread and realized the voice in my head wasn't God after all... but likely some mind parasite, where I then experienced an instant change, a flushing of the deep despair I had lived solidly for the prior three months... a true, deep dark night of the soul that... this very "internet space" through which I discovered a reason to live again, is now filled with nothing but giver-uppers?

I really do hope not but I also know I am naive enough to believe otherwise despite so much of what I have been reading on PA... pretty much everyone's opinion "we are toast"... sad... really sad.
    Sorry Sam. Particularly since the Syria bombing has shown that Trump is a hostage to the globalists and the blatant attack on free speech is getting worse with looking to arrest Assange I'm more down and distant myself. I won't be surprised that so-called hate speech laws will follow soon to really prevent dissent against the contrived immigration mandate.

The situation doesn't have to be 'cast in stone' as you put it. But the amount of people, effort, organization and Courage it would take to push back the globalist agenda is something most people just won't rise to. The people who voted for trump were swallowing crap for more than a decade and all they did was wait to go to the dubious voting polls. If most believe all they have to do is give one hour every four or eight years, then what do you think is in store? In no way is that paltry action enough to address what is happening.
    (the Horus-Ra thread you mentioned sounds interesting!)

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

DNA (27th April 2017), marique3652 (2nd May 2017)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

pretty much everyone's opinion "we are toast"... sad... really sad.
    My opinion on solutions is far out side the thrust of this thread. On this one myopic topic (interestingly fun words to say together) I do feel that immigration is being encouraged negatively and that vastly different cultures shouldn't be forced (or enticed) to mix.

My solution on immigration is simple: don't promote "oil and water" cultures to mix, we have so many historical and current examples of how this fails.... why continue?

This is mostly in reference to Bible followers vs Koran followers, but honestly can be applied to many groups.
    Where are you?

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Desire (27th April 2017), DNA (27th April 2017), fourty-two (28th April 2017), Helene West (27th April 2017), marique3652 (2nd May 2017), NancyV (5th May 2017), petra (6th May 2017)

32. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Helene you just hoisted yourself with your own petard.

First, I highly recommend that you give a listen to two podcasts: the Hardcore History podcast by Dan Carlin called American Peril and History on Fire with Danielle Bolelli. The former talks about from the spanish american war forward and its effect on American foreign policy, which Teddy falls smack in the middle of and the latter actually has a three part series about Teddy himself. Both are supremely enjoyable and pretty even handed. Before the latter, I had a fairly negative view of Teddy but after I find him to be interesting character who of course was limited by his time and place. (all of both of those podcasts are excellent btw and if you like it should listen to others especially the HH about the mongol empire called the Wrath of the Khans).

I actually agree with Teddy about hyphenated americans. He was talking about split loyalty but I take it a step further and deal with the ideals that come along with being american, mainly those stated in the bill of rights and the Declaration of independence. If you dont believe everyone has the right to free speech, then you are not american. If you do not believe in the 4th amendment right to not be searched or seized, you are not american. If you do not believe that you have a right to bear arms against oppression, institutional or individual, then you are not american. Do you see what I mean by this? Being american is not a birthright or a language, it is an ideology. Anybody who expresses these ideals to me is american, regardless of nationality. Some of use were just lucky enough to have been born in the US which happens to espouse and enshrine the ideology in the laws of the land. WHat teddy wanted people to do was to come here and embrace that ideology. If they couldnt do that, then he didnt want them to come and I agree. If you want to come to america and change it to suit you, then you are in the wrong. But if you go there to embrace the ideals of the Bill of rights and Declaration, then I say we should welcome all brothers and sisters in arms. (this doesnt mean you should work to change the de facto US just not trying to drastically alter the De jure US, but even then the changes to the Constitution sometimes is necessary and good like the 3/5s nonsense)

Terrorism is scary because the people who do it are believers. Action based on belief is potent. If you have split belief like hyphenated american, then your action is compromised.

Teddy was also progressive in many ways such as inviting a Black person to the White House. When he had Booker T Washington over, many people claimed it was the end of the world and an attack on the White Purity/ white culture of the country. He was also fairly progressive on women rights, which again was deplored as an attack on the culture of america at the time.

But then again, he also espoused jingoism to the highest degree, although from what I am sure he found to be the best of intentions, when advocating for cuban and phillipean colonial rule.

Just because our actions dont match our ideology, doesnt mean our ideology is irrelevant. It means our actions need to be changed.

I find it telling that you think the sentiment of that poem is irrelevant at this time.

Finally, I would challenge you to move to Japan or China and live for a while and then talk about learning the local language. Yes I agree that immigrants should do it, which I have volunteered to teach English to immigrants before have you?, but it is easier said than done, especially if you have family to provide for. Do you have any idea what it is like to live in a place where you have a hard time communicating with people? IM not talking vacation, im talking living, 6 months or more in a place?

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Helene you just hoisted yourself with your own petard.

First, I highly recommend that you give a listen to two podcasts: the Hardcore History podcast by Dan Carlin called American Peril and History on Fire with Danielle Bolelli. The former talks about from the spanish american war forward and its effect on American foreign policy, which Teddy falls smack in the middle of and the latter actually has a three part series about Teddy himself. Both are supremely enjoyable and pretty even handed. Before the latter, I had a fairly negative view of Teddy but after I find him to be interesting character who of course was limited by his time and place. (all of both of those podcasts are excellent btw and if you like it should listen to others especially the HH about the mongol empire called the Wrath of the Khans).

I actually agree with Teddy about hyphenated americans. He was talking about split loyalty but I take it a step further and deal with the ideals that come along with being american, mainly those stated in the bill of rights and the Declaration of independence. If you dont believe everyone has the right to free speech, then you are not american. If you do not believe in the 4th amendment right to not be searched or seized, you are not american. If you do not believe that you have a right to bear arms against oppression, institutional or individual, then you are not american. Do you see what I mean by this? Being american is not a birthright or a language, it is an ideology. Anybody who expresses these ideals to me is american, regardless of nationality. Some of use were just lucky enough to have been born in the US which happens to espouse and enshrine the ideology in the laws of the land. WHat teddy wanted people to do was to come here and embrace that ideology. If they couldnt do that, then he didnt want them to come and I agree. If you want to come to america and change it to suit you, then you are in the wrong. But if you go there to embrace the ideals of the Bill of rights and Declaration, then I say we should welcome all brothers and sisters in arms. (this doesnt mean you should work to change the de facto US just not trying to drastically alter the De jure US, but even then the changes to the Constitution sometimes is necessary and good like the 3/5s nonsense)

Terrorism is scary because the people who do it are believers. Action based on belief is potent. If you have split belief like hyphenated american, then your action is compromised.

Teddy was also progressive in many ways such as inviting a Black person to the White House. When he had Booker T Washington over, many people claimed it was the end of the world and an attack on the White Purity/ white culture of the country. He was also fairly progressive on women rights, which again was deplored as an attack on the culture of america at the time.

But then again, he also espoused jingoism to the highest degree, although from what I am sure he found to be the best of intentions, when advocating for cuban and phillipean colonial rule.

Just because our actions dont match our ideology, doesnt mean our ideology is irrelevant. It means our actions need to be changed.

I find it telling that you think the sentiment of that poem is irrelevant at this time.

Finally, I would challenge you to move to Japan or China and live for a while and then talk about learning the local language. Yes I agree that immigrants should do it, which I have volunteered to teach English to immigrants before have you?, but it is easier said than done, especially if you have family to provide for. Do you have any idea what it is like to live in a place where you have a hard time communicating with people? IM not talking vacation, im talking living, 6 months or more in a place?
    i should move to a different country in order to get your point? lol You neither see nor understand what I'm saying and that's fine. There's much I can say but we're not going to convince each other of anything. My e.g. of 'Teddy' was a small point. All you see is the poor immigrant stance, fine. You may want to listen more to Red Ice Radio out of Sweden and hear how europeans are enjoying the enforced BS immigration and their cultural genocide. Enjoy the host while it still has some life in it.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Desire (28th April 2017), DNA (27th April 2017), fourty-two (28th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th April 2017), marique3652 (2nd May 2017), NancyV (5th May 2017), TargeT (27th April 2017)

35. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

9of clubs
    Of course you don't have to answer this but to me it sounds as though you may not be a US citizen.. But are coming from an "outsider" point of view.. As you say being American is a state of mind. I have heard that used by non citizens to justify their right to remain. Unfortunately everyone can not live here. Finding a way to make the home country more desirable is an alterative. But I'm aware that is very hard since many of us who live here would like to see positive changes also
    Last edited by Desire; 1st May 2017 at 18:54.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Desire For This Post:

DNA (30th April 2017), Helene West (30th April 2017), NancyV (5th May 2017), TargeT (27th April 2017)

37. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I noted the hostility I felt with out interactions so this is my way of trying to stop that in its tracks and be constructive. I apologize for the sass earlier.

. . .

My view is similar to DNA's larger picture. My difference with how DNA wrote above is when he states the "USA" went into the middle east and did all the damage, etc.etc. I'm american and I didn't authorize this. Did anyone reading this authorize or back these horrors?
    If we don't start differentiating in our thinking, speaking and discussing, that is, being careful how we name things, discussion is meaningless. We need to stop saying things like America did this or that, the USA did this or that when no one in the citizenry is consulted about anything. DNA has stated his sympathy for the refugees because the 'USA' has disrupted the lives of the middle easterners. I substitute 'USA' with 'ruling class'. I Refuse Culpability of their actions. And don't tell me about american citizen culpability because our young are in the military; according to political analyst Craig B. Hulet, half our enlisted army is mexican and if ordinary folks are desperate for money they will join the military, that is human not political.
    I am American and this means you like me are still responsible for the system. Yes it has been hijacked by a group or groups that have been labelled many things(illuminati, NWO, Cabal, Khazarian mafia, etc.) and that is what really sucks. They do not control everything and are not the masters of all things. They are just adept at, due to practice, power, and money, organizing and directing chaos. This beautiful thing called america, blemishes and all, has been hijacked. I still feel we are responsible the leviathan we call the US even if its brain is currently operated by the aforementioned group(s). You are culpable as you pay taxes and havent renounced citizenship. You dont go to prison for tax evasion which means you are owned by the gov, that is what income tax really is. This is the cold hard truth we have to face as Americans. When there were kings deciding, then yes you could claim no culpability. However, in a representative democracy, you can not deny your part however small. Even if you didnt vote for Bush, Obama, or now the current POTUS, then you are still responsible to a slight degree. I personally think you have blood on your hands directly if you voted for any of those three, also Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, and Johnson. Even if you didnt and voted Cynthia McKinney, Ron Paul, Kuccinich like I chose to do, we still have culpability and blood on our hands, just a matter of how much. If you dont want any burden, renounce your citizenship. This is the burden we carry as Americans.

The globalists are white but they do not practice 'diversity' or identify with whites outside of their class. They preach and mandate diversity to us peasants but they marry only their own class - that is what a ruling class does.
    I agree, because they want to keep their secrets in the family, and I think this connects to ancients kings of Sumeria and that kind of thing. This is why goode is compelling because I think the atlantis/antartica stuff might have some truth and our history is quite different from is often given. However, I think you do yourself a disservice by framing the conversation in this manner of White culture or White power being diluted. It is easy and cheap to label racist and then dismiss you entirely. I do think they are trying to dilute something and that is what I was talking about earlier with the bill of rights and constitution. And what I like about immigration is we should stand for something and if attract like minded people, Welcome. These are brothers and sisters in arms. If they believe in the American Ideals and Dream then we should be happy to have another person in the religion of America, no not christianity but rather the religion that sings of freedom justice and equality for all. I hope you share my love of what america is supposed to be, not what it currently is because of the previous paragraphs.

The judges knocking down trump's attempt to control immigration know it will cause chaos and destroy american working and middle class - THEY DON'T CARE, they are doing their job serving their/our masters. They will ignore, bypass, overrule, use accusations of racism, etc Whether threatened or well remunerated the judges will do what they are told.
    I wonder if they are actually trying to defend my previous paragraphs about the ideals of america and wanting people who share them to come here and be safe from oppression. Maybe I am wrong on that score but I want to hope that most people are good and want what is best for all. Im optimistic I guess. But you sound like you support the current President yet he is drone striking people just like the previous. He is still generally sailing the ship in the same direction it was already going. Yes the details are different, but the topic of the conversation has remained the same over the last six or seven admins. I dont think the POTUS care about you or I any more than any of the last ones.

They want their one world government and though they give lip service to diversity it is only a means to an end of one standardized race of obedient sheep. With AI and robotic & digital automation they will need those outside their class less and less for labor and maintaining structures like they did in past centuries. So what will they want us for? some minimal labor, sex exploitation, ritual sacrifice & cannibalism, entertainment...
    Completely Agree. What do? Which is what I think Sam is really wanting here.

The ruling class's pawns, like Macron in France, are even publicly using the term 'globalism' to mean something good and beneficial. They have co-opted the term and will make globalists sound positive.

Talk of immigration from some logical or legal standpoint is fruitless. We are discussing, They are laughing...
    See here is the rub, I believe in a one world organization for humanity. While I disagree about how it should be done, I think humans are going to need some organization, lets call it Star Fleet, that helps coordinate the efforts of all free people on the planet, not by force but voluntarily. A voluntary society if you will. I think America should conquer the world but not with weapons but rather Ideas. What if tomorrow all of canada realized how BOSS the united states IDEAL system is and the petition to join the US basically becoming the next Few states. I would love that. Canadians are awesome and they hold many similar values as Americans. Wouldnt you agree? Now why not carry that onto every other country, keeping in mind that they are joining us and bring with them a unique background to cherish and celebrate that adds to the mosiac of american life but not to change the fundamental system(like making sharia or or communist/socialist or whatever the current zeitgeist is).

America should be the first ideological Empire where people voluntarily join instead of being forced. I know it didnt start this way, but what if we worked together to make this country so awesome again that everyone was begging to join. That is what POTUS tapped into.

The resource management of this system needs to happen and we need to be worried about space events. We could be hit by a rock tomorrow. I not worried about aliens right now. Literally we could have extinction event tomorrow from the sky that we have no idea about. I think as humans we need to transcend nationalism and come together to work for all of our futures. This is why America is an ideology not a piece of a land or a birthright to me. That is why I want to fight to keep that piece of land matching the idea.

I know Im talking about a perfect world and situation but ithink that is the first part of the problem. We need to come together and specifically state which future we would like to see and then work on how to get there. Sorry Helene for being confrontational . Im passionate and care very much about people and the world. It cause me to be emotional and aggressive. Forgive me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 11 16 LastLast