1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

Default Re: Life after death?

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by 7alon (here)
    I'm glad you believe that Bill
    It's not belief, it's knowledge.

(I don't believe I went for a hike with my dog yesterday, I know I did. )
    I'm glad you have that clarity. However, I am going through a phase where I don't know what is real these days. I swear black and blue about things, only to be told I am mistaken by others.

I experience things that others do not, so how do I know whether I am sane or not? I mean, I function normally and nobody seems to think I am crazy.. I have been told by psychics, friends and acquaintances alike to stop being so hard on myself and to believe in myself more, but the universe is a very confusing and vast place.

I do know one thing, whenever I 'remember' things, I often feel overwhelmingly emotional. I hope this isn't off topic. If it is, I do apologise.
    Last edited by 7alon; 1st May 2017 at 07:37.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2017), hohoemi (1st May 2017), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), Jake (2nd May 2017), LadyKitt (24th June 2017), Mike (1st May 2017), Spellbound (1st May 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    New Zealand Avalon Member etheric underground's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,918 times in 540 posts

Science will tell you that energy cannot be destroyed. We are Light sound and sacred geometrical energy encapsulated with universal spark...
    I agree with Bill and know I have been elsewhere and we have the ability to bypass the 4th dimension karma trap and experience all possibility out there.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to etheric underground For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2017), LadyKitt (24th June 2017), Leonard (19th January 2018), Spellbound (1st May 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    Human souls can reincarnate all over the universe?? We are not limited to earth?? That's an interesting concept.

Dave - Toronto
    I am biased.. ☺ and I know that a soul is not human.. a BODY can be human. A soul/essence is Forever... Perhaps the human gnome is 200thousand years old,,, that would make each and every one of us only RECENTLY human... lol...

I've been out of my body enough to realize that I'm Not Really In It... For me to say that I am human is not the whole truth... same for everyone, I would suppose. I have a memory where I my body is not,, AHEM,, Human... I was still ME... ☺☺☺

For what it's worth...
    Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

7alon (4th May 2017), amandapoet (4th May 2017), Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), Ewan (22nd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2017), Iyakum (21st October 2019), Justplain (4th May 2017), LadyKitt (24th June 2017), rgray222 (30th December 2019), Rich (6th June 2018), Shadowself (23rd January 2018), Spellbound (5th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by myriaddimension (here)
    Hi,

As some of you know (I posted awhile back) my cousin passed away a few months ago at the age of 37. It was a sudden passing! Neither her and nor any of us were prepared for it. I feel like there was no closure whatsoever. I doubt she got closure either since she left behind a 3 year old and not in any of our wildest dream we thought she would just die within 5 days.

Every since then, I have been wondering if there is anything after death or is this it for all of us? I really want to believe that I will reconcile with my cousin in a different form. Also, I just wanted to believe she is in peace. I guess I am still going through different stages of grief.

I just wanted to ask people who have suffered any loss, 1) how do you reconcile with this loss? Or can you at all? Someday(this is collectively as a family) I feel like the grief is too overwhelming, it is beyond any pain i have experienced 2) Have you had any contact with your loved ones after they passed away? I really want to believe she is just in a different dimension and her soul/consciousness has evolved for a new journey.

I console myself with the thought that her life with us was for 37 years and she has moved on so she can continue her journey as an eternal soul.
    Don't worry about it my friend, I believe there is a life after death. Here are some of the Evidence or Proof of Reincarnation-Past Life Research Videos:
    http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=...-reincarnation

I believe one day we will be awaken and being able to contact our dearest. Peace bro! Cheer-Up and be Positive, our spirits will always Move On!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

Antagenet (23rd January 2018), Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), hermit (27th August 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

So sorry for your loss myriaddimension. I have no doubt at all that ours souls that carry the essence of who we are carries on, I remember too many past lives not to. Many, if not all of those lives have had influences that carried over to my current life. I also do past life regressions and even among folk who do not believe in anything after this life, still have vivid and detailed memories of past lives.

You will see your cousin again. Maybe she will be your sister in your next life, maybe you will be her father. You get to try many combinations of scenarios and relationships. Her wee child will see her again too, eventually. We tend to incarnate down here in soul groups, seeing the same individuals turning up again and again, lifetime after lifetime.

It is important that you all fill the gap that your cousin left for her 3 year old. I lost my father when I was 18 months, my mother when I was 6, and 4 grandparents (2 of which looked after me after my parents died) all by the time I was 10.

The theme which I always see in folk who for a short while can remember the between lives phase, always say that they are in a beautiful place, or a place where there is no more pain. Their hearts are light, they feel joy. I recall one when the husband left too early and he stayed to see his kids grow up. He left when they were self supportive and he knew they would be fine. In our time it was about 10 years that he stayed around them, in his time it felt like weeks or months. That was during a regression.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), Rich (22nd January 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

In the late 90's, I went to a psychic who specialized in past life regression. I wanted to know whether my current wife and I shared a past life together. The psychic started regressing me from the most recent past life towards the potential past life I may have shared with my wife. When I got to the past life which was shared with my wife, I recalled the relevant part of the past life vividly. The scene was in my private office filled with walls of books. As I was reliving the moment, I cried deeply, as I was experiencing losing my wife in that life time. I had lost her due to over-focusing on my career as a lawyer in England and neglecting her far too often. I had just bought her a flower in her favorite color, fuchsia, which was sitting on a table in my office.

Now, my wife and I have met and married during this life and we are very happy together. Guess what her favorite color is in this life? Of course it's fuchsia. I have not made the same mistake again of over-focusing on my career and neglecting her. She was born in Taiwan, I was born in S. Korea. What are the chances that two soul mates were born in other countries to immigrate to this country, meet and marry? We did, and I'm so fortunate that we were able to meet again during this life. So without a doubt for me, there certainly is life after death. We have many past life memories that are buried, which can be recalled.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), Ewan (22nd January 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), Orph (24th January 2018), rgray222 (30th December 2019), Rich (22nd January 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

I just wanted to ask people who have suffered any loss, 1) how do you reconcile with this loss? Or can you at all? Someday(this is collectively as a family) I feel like the grief is too overwhelming, it is beyond any pain i have experienced 2) Have you had any contact with your loved ones after they passed away? I really want to believe she is just in a different dimension and her soul/consciousness has evolved for a new journey.

I console myself with the thought that her life with us was for 37 years and she has moved on so she can continue her journey as an eternal soul.
    I’ve disagreed with Kubler-Ross on acceptance. There’s no sense for me in accepting someone’s death, because in my simple view accepting something means I’m okay with it. And I’m not.. I like people and I don’t agree with them not being around anymore. To be fair, kubler-ross’ stages of grief have been bastardized severely. Some people don’t ever hit all of the stages, and some vacillate back and forth between them as time moves forward.

How do I reconcile with loss? It sucks, it’s traumatic, and.... it is. And I can’t do a darned thing about it. Am I gonna let the fact that the person’s physical body is no longer pleasant to see, or animated, control my thoughts and emotions? I don’t accept it but I’ve gotta keep moving.

Grief is kind of like a backpack when I’m hiking. It’s heavy at first, uncomfortable, and as rough as the trail may be, I get used to it.

I don’t believe in physical life after death (wouldn’t that be a horror, being stuck inside a broken body for eternity), but I do believe that energy cannot be destroyed. So the soul’s energy moves forward and keeps on moving... where the soul moves is anyone’s guess... maybe it’s an issue of subjective experience for the person that’s left their body. Maybe we go where we want.

I have had contact with people after they died. Usually in dreams, sometimes in the form of coincidences.... mostly though, through stories told by the people that were close to them. All of them have been quite valid and real to me. I’ve found the most helpful thing for me in dealing with loss is speaking out loud what I need, and how I feel.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), Ewan (22nd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st January 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), Orph (24th January 2018), Shadowself (21st January 2018), Wind (21st January 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Good summary, Joe! You are correct, we just have to accept what IS, as there is nothing we can do about how the circumstances played out. I have only been a member here for a little over two years, but from what I have gleaned so far, it is that we are primarily a Sovereign, Eternal Being. That means we "existed" before we took on this human body & that when we "die", we simply go on to another "assignment".(That's the way I like to see it!) That's how I saw my husband's transition two years ago in Oct.

I like the way Tom Campbell puts it. He calls Earth "an entrophy reduction trainer for souls." Put differently, as part of Infinite Source, we come here to experience, learn & develop the REAL "me".

One could say there IS no death! It is quite liberating to see things in that light, even though I realize each person has to come to come to his or her own conclusions on how to "accept" the passing of a Loved One. It helps to realize that this is not the True Reality....that is where we came from & to where we will return.
    Last edited by Foxie Loxie; 21st January 2018 at 17:10.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Antagenet (23rd January 2018), Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (22nd January 2018), Shadowself (21st January 2018), Wind (21st January 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

Good Morning,

Imaging my surprise to see this thread. You see some of you may or may not know, but I'm going to die in a relatively short time. When I say that I mean I may die tomorrow, or in the next two or three years as my body is riddles with tumors that are the most aggressive type of cancer known. I also just suffered a heart attack which could take me at any time. So my mortality is imminent. But here's the thing...so is yours. In the blink of an eye you can be gone. This is why you should live every day as though it was the last. Love harder, seek that which moves your soul to keep this life alive. Life here is a gift. I say this because even through the hardest of times and sorrow you are alive and have that spark that is so fleeting.

When you look back and say why was life so hard and miserable just know that time is a tricky thing here. What seems like the 64 years I've lived so far seem like forever...just know it really is in the blink of an eye. Time is not what we think it is. For us it's the revolution of a day on this planet added up to 12 months then as in my case added up to 64 years. That is a gift and how you choose to live it given any circumstance is but relative.

I don't simply think or believe that there is life after death....I KNOW there is. But it's not the life that you may know here. It's also personal. When I hear the phrase 'we are all one'...well that is true in the sense that we are of the same energy and soul substance. But we are as individual as snowflakes. We are as infinite as the universe and have forever to experience anything we choose. So if we choose to spend an eternity in a self created hell than that is what will be until you personally decided that was not enough.

When I say I KNOW there is life after death I know because I remember my past lives. Now one could say that is subjective. But how can I remember things that are historically true of things I have no conscious knowledge of? I've remembered historical events that I had no idea existed but later found out were true and correct. Things I've never come across in any sense other then the memory I recalled in those lives and later discovered were in fact absolutely true and documented. Documented facts that there is no way I could know unless I saw it in a history book or documentary which I never did. To say I was floored is an understatement. I knew after a series of discoveries that this past life I thought may be subjective was in fact a life I lived in the past. No question about it. I won't go into detail but understand when that came to my realization I knew there was not only life after death it could be renewed if you so choose. This is a choice...and it's your choice.

So however you live your life understand this. Life is a gift and you've for some reason chosen it and if it does not work out like you had hoped just know you can choose to do it again or not. But I urge you not to simply believe a word I've written here as this is an irrelevant point. It's up to you and you alone to seek the answers to your questions of life after death or even the reasons why. In 2012 I lost my son all to quickly for which I suffered and still do...that never goes away even with time. And there you have it....time. I heard someone say that time heals all wounds and grief. I'm counting on the relevancy of time and life after death to resolve that question in my personal grief. I leave you with a poem my son wrote in college for one of his classes...We are free to search and believe and wonder about this life and death we all experience.

Blessing and keep searching.

Free

For life rejoices; this gift behold
    What lies ahead, remains to be told
    Progressing continuously, as our lives do unfold
    Reveling more about the how and what and why

Neither accept nor so deny
    For inherent is the urge to try
    To finally conclude the question of why
    Instead, question each answer that you have derived
    Question them all till the day that you die

How did life commence and evolve?
    The meaning of life demanded there in
    Searching on, further, for purpose within
    There is no real answer; no absolution
    For life emerged from and remains to be a question.
    Last edited by Shadowself; 21st January 2018 at 16:27.

18. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Antagenet (23rd January 2018), Baby Steps (21st January 2018), Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), celticwarrior (22nd January 2018), Ewan (21st January 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st January 2018), Gemma13 (21st January 2018), Hervé (21st January 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (16th June 2018), lisalu (22nd January 2018), Michi (22nd January 2018), onevoice (11th June 2018), Orph (24th January 2018), pabranno (22nd January 2018), petra (21st January 2018), sandy (22nd January 2018), Stephanie (21st January 2018), Wind (21st January 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 1,413 posts

That's beautiful Shadowself. That's just inspiring.

If I may, here's one of my father's favorites. He is gone now, but not far...

----

Death Is Nothing At All - Poem by Henry Scott Holland

Death is nothing at all.
    I have only slipped away to the next room.
    I am I and you are you.
    Whatever we were to each other,
    That, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
    Speak to me in the easy way
    which you always used.
    Put no difference into your tone.
    Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
    at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
    Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
    Let my name be ever the household word
    that it always was.
    Let it be spoken without effect.
    Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
    It is the same that it ever was.
    There is absolute unbroken continuity.
    Why should I be out of mind
    because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you.
    For an interval.
    Somewhere. Very near.
    Just around the corner.

All is well.

Nothing is past; nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before only better, infinitely happier and forever we will all be one together with Christ.

- Henry Scott Holland

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Antagenet (23rd January 2018), Baby Steps (21st January 2018), Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), celticwarrior (22nd January 2018), Ewan (21st January 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st January 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), pabranno (22nd January 2018), sandy (22nd January 2018), Shadowself (21st January 2018), Wind (21st January 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Thank you, Shadowself, for what you wrote! What an amazing place this Forum is that we can speak to each other in this special way! You will remain in our hearts even after you decide the time is right to "move on"! You have touched our lives in an amazing way because of the Special Person that you are!!

Thank you for sharing with us the poem your son wrote! Sounds like he had a lot of YOU in him! Wish you could feel the hug I'm sending you! You have graced our lives & we Thank You!

Dear Petra....Thank you for the lovely poem you shared with us, as well!

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Antagenet (23rd January 2018), Baby Steps (21st January 2018), celticwarrior (22nd January 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), pabranno (22nd January 2018), sandy (22nd January 2018), Shadowself (21st January 2018), Wind (21st January 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Sounds like your pretty special too Foxie Loxie.......thank you everyone

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Shadowself (here)
    Good Morning,

Imaging my surprise to see this thread. You see some of you may or may not know, but I'm going to die in a relatively short time. When I say that I mean I may die tomorrow, or in the next two or three years as my body is riddles with tumors that are the most aggressive type of cancer known. I also just suffered a heart attack which could take me at any time. So my mortality is imminent. But here's the thing...so is yours. In the blink of an eye you can be gone. This is why you should live every day as though it was the last. Love harder, seek that which moves your soul to keep this life alive. Life here is a gift. I say this because even through the hardest of times and sorrow you are alive and have that spark that is so fleeting.

When you look back and say why was life so hard and miserable just know that time is a tricky thing here. What seems like the 64 years I've lived so far seem like forever...just know it really is in the blink of an eye. Time is not what we think it is. For us it's the revolution of a day on this planet added up to 12 months then as in my case added up to 64 years. That is a gift and how you choose to live it given any circumstance is but relative.

I don't simply think or believe that there is life after death....I KNOW there is. But it's not the life that you may know here. It's also personal. When I hear the phrase 'we are all one'...well that is true in the sense that we are of the same energy and soul substance. But we are as individual as snowflakes. We are as infinite as the universe and have forever to experience anything we choose. So if we choose to spend an eternity in a self created hell than that is what will be until you personally decided that was not enough.

When I say I KNOW there is life after death I know because I remember my past lives. Now one could say that is subjective. But how can I remember things that are historically true of things I have no conscious knowledge of? I've remembered historical events that I had no idea existed but later found out were true and correct. Things I've never come across in any sense other then the memory I recalled in those lives and later discovered were in fact absolutely true and documented. Documented facts that there is no way I could know unless I saw it in a history book or documentary which I never did. To say I was floored is an understatement. I knew after a series of discoveries that this past life I thought may be subjective was in fact a life I lived in the past. No question about it. I won't go into detail but understand when that came to my realization I knew there was not only life after death it could be renewed if you so choose. This is a choice...and it's your choice.

So however you live your life understand this. Life is a gift and you've for some reason chosen it and if it does not work out like you had hoped just know you can choose to do it again or not. But I urge you not to simply believe a word I've written here as this is an irrelevant point. It's up to you and you alone to seek the answers to your questions of life after death or even the reasons why. In 2012 I lost my son all to quickly for which I suffered and still do...that never goes away even with time. And there you have it....time. I heard someone say that time heals all wounds and grief. I'm counting on the relevancy of time and life after death to resolve that question in my personal grief. I leave you with a poem my son wrote in college for one of his classes...We are free to search and believe and wonder about this life and death we all experience.

Blessing and keep searching.

Free

For life rejoices; this gift behold
    What lies ahead, remains to be told
    Progressing continuously, as our lives do unfold
    Reveling more about the how and what and why

Neither accept nor so deny
    For inherent is the urge to try
    To finally conclude the question of why
    Instead, question each answer that you have derived
    Question them all till the day that you die

How did life commence and evolve?
    The meaning of life demanded there in
    Searching on, further, for purpose within
    There is no real answer; no absolution
    For life emerged from and remains to be a question.
    Got no words just feelings, Shadowself.............
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

Antagenet (23rd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (22nd January 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), pabranno (22nd January 2018), Shadowself (22nd January 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by JoefromtheCarolinas (here)
    There’s no sense for me in accepting someone’s death, because in my simple view accepting something means I’m okay with it.
    Indeed, loss can never be accepted, it is not possible to accept the negative, but perhaps it is meant in a way that loss is not real ultimately.
    So the acceptance would come from this understanding, as ACIM teaches loss is not real.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (22nd January 2018), onevoice (22nd January 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 1,413 posts

That accepting part is tricky! I've had to accept things I am not okay with, simply because it's truth.

Those words "not real" I don't think are helpful because it leads to the "well what's the point then?" train of thought. I imagine it's worded differently in ACIM itself. I think it'd be more apt to say "loss is an illusion" as opposed to loss is not real.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Ewan (22nd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (22nd January 2018), Hervé (22nd January 2018), pabranno (22nd January 2018), Rich (22nd January 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,844 times in 2,378 posts

I was questioning 'death' when I was still a kid, really young. I'm sure my parents found me quite weird, but I realised a long time ago that everything dies - everything that we consider alive. When I learnt that planets and suns/stars can die too I somehow realised it was time that wasn't real. One of the most noticable things I discerned at around my early teens was that people would rather avoid the subject - and therein lies a problem. The majority would rather not face the question of mortality. I was 13 years old when I held a cord on my grandfathers coffin, my fathers sister kindly offered me drugs, prescription kind, to help me cope with the ordeal. I didn't need drugs; I was numb already, and not because of the 'ordeal' of holding a cord but I could see no-one was talking about how they felt. Everyone was tip-toeing around on thin ice incase someone had a breakdown or something. Alcohol was being used as a prop, or in the case of my aunt, alcohol and some kind of soporific drug.

I've always known I can't die, and I've had trouble understanding grief, (the manifestation of it as a great outpouring), ever since. I realise this might make me seem heartless and cold but rest assured I am not. I know the people are not dead, they've just moved on. When my mother passed less than a year ago I had one moment of a constricted throat and hot tears welling up as I left the hospital - as I drove home I realised it was because I would never see her eyes open again. The memory of it alone produces a similar but reduced sensation. My brother-in-law rang me 2 hrs later to tell me she had passed and I spent some time remembering many things and then thanked her for everything she had done. That was it, my grief was over.

A very good friend of mine whom I bumped into a few days later already knew my mum had gone and told me someone hadn't let her go yet. I didn't know if it was my sister or my father so I spoke to both of them and just told them what she'd said. 'You have to let her go, she is conflicted.' 48 hours later I spoke again with my friend again and she was all smiles. She'd seen my mum in her new place and she was fine, everything was good. Now I really don't care if this is hard to digest I know it to be true. This same friend has already proved her capabilities to me in more ways than one.

Make no mistake, who you think you are dies, (unless you are already completely awakened), but conciousness does not; you shift from one aspect to the other as effortlessly as awakening in the morning after a good nights sleep. Only this time, leaving your 3D incarnation, you awaken with few burdens, (I was going to say no burdens, but depending on the circumstances of passing you may have lingering concerns.), they soon pass. You will feel so free you want to rejoice.

Don't feel sad for a loved ones passing, rejoice. They are no longer burdened with the pains of this world - they are free of a great restraint.

@Petra. - I know exactly what you mean with the 'not real' part. It is a difficult thing to comprehend when you are sunk neck deep in this reality and it certainly does lead to the "What's the point?" questions.
    The actual point is we are living IN an illusion, that is why it is not real. But whilst you live here you might as well do the best you can as it will only help your future selves.

Listen, I still struggle with the whatsthepointitis, at times it all seems like some sick game but we are here and we better just get on with it.

NEEDED AN EDIT: RE: (the manifestation of it as a great outpouring), I wanted to ask, do these people, who are wailing and crying, beating their chests and tearing at their hair. (I am being deliberately extreme). Did they never consider the possibility that this person might die? I mean everyone else dies, that much is obvious to all of us. So the only conclusion I can draw is that the entire possibility was ignored. That's why people don't like to talk about death, it reminds them that they are not immortal - but that is where they are wrong.
    Last edited by Ewan; 22nd January 2018 at 19:13. Reason: spelling - refuse to use a spellchecker, proof-read ftw.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (22nd January 2018), Hervé (22nd January 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd January 2018), Orph (24th January 2018), Rich (22nd January 2018), Wind (23rd January 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Hi,[...]
    You can only truly know for yourself, I wonder if you have had any dreams of your cousin since she died? If so, you may have not realised she was sending you a message because a lot of people don't realise dreams are often not "just a dream". I've lost two people whom I loved dearly and they both came to me in my dreams shortly after they died and in both cases they were responding to my reaction to their death.

My close friend who was very sick with Muscular Dystrophy asked me about life after death, I did my best to convince him there was and that it was nothing to fear and his response was, “I hope you’re right”. Not long after he hung himself to avoid the state of being unable to move or communicate anymore. I was heart-broken and wished he’d told me he was leaving, I just wanted to be with him one more time before he left. Soon after he died I dreamt of being with him like we always were, just hanging out together. I knew then my friend had granted me my wish.

My first lesson in life after death was from my Grandmother. I lost my Grandmother when I was eight years old. Soon after she died I had a dream I was in her kitchen when she walked in the room. I wasn’t aware I was dreaming and was stunned and elated to see her again but I was confused, what was she doing here, she’s dead.

My childish mind figured the universe made a mistake and somehow she was back now. I thought that if I just pretended I didn’t know she had died then nobody would notice the mistake and she could stay.

I attempted to play it cool but I was just so stunned, it was a dream come true, she was the light of my life, to this day she’s still the most special person I’ve ever known. So I stood there in her kitchen, jaw dropped, staring at her walking around the house when she stopped and asked me what the matter was. I answered that she was here, she agreed, then I said but you’re dead, she answered, so?

My Grandmother was telling me it made no difference that she had died, that all is just as it was before. This gave me little comfort when I woke up and she was gone but it was enough for me to understand that her body had worn out but she was still with me.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Ewan (23rd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd January 2018), onevoice (30th January 2018), Orph (24th January 2018), Rich (23rd January 2018), Wind (23rd January 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    Hungary Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I think this will always ever be a subjective, personal experience. A person that has never been to the other side or communicated with beings from the other side has zero proof that there is an afterlife, therefore deep in their heart they will probably never believe it to be true. We are a species that can only truly believe in things we have seen and experienced for ourselves. Obviously I'm not suggesting that you take a trip to the afterlife, that would be rather risky, but you can do the next best thing and experience what it is like to be outside your body. If you have ever had a lucid dream, where you were flying or floating around, you already know. You can learn how to project yourself astrally and be outside your body through various meditative practices. There is also a shortcut in the form of Ayahuasca or DMT, which can show you a whole another reality. Once you've had any of these experiences, you'll probably already know that there is indeed an afterlife and your consciousness can continue to live on independently of the body.

34. Link to Post #38
    Great Britain Avalon Member Amenjo's Avatar
    Thanks

Just came across a very good panel talk with a group of scientists fom the University of Virginia about life after death, and the huge scientific evidence that has been documented since the 50’s.

A fascinating talk hosted by John Cleese, with many accounts that I haven’t heard before. Definitely worth a listen too.

Recorded on the 12th April 2018.

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amenjo For This Post:

avid (19th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (19th August 2018)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

There is Life BEFORE birth!!!

That is the great truth I learned here on Avalon....so....of course, there is Life after "death"! Actually, there IS no death!!

The totally amazing truth that has been kept from us is that we are Sovereign, Eternal Beings. We have been deprived of knowing WHO we truly are!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Eva2 (26th August 2018), greybeard (26th August 2018), Valerie Villars (26th August 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2