+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Consciousness: a new theory

1. Link to Post #1
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Default Consciousness: a new theory

http://www.sciencealert.com/this-phy...tate-of-matter

What this well written article suggests a theory of how consciousness is formed and how it might well excist in all matter in a limited form ,and how it very well might be able to be built into super computers .
    My understanding that future ai computers Will not just have super intelligence but also contain consciousness.
    Could this consciousness link to source for downloading.

If this theory is correct I think you can link the aura we see in material and plant life directly to the consciousness we always knew that matter contained,I don't think this consciousness would be limited to solids eithier,gases,liquids could all contain limited conscious,with out memory capacity this consciousness would live in the now moment only.recent science claims claims water has memory crystals have memory couple that with a limited consciousness we may very well have to revalute our relationships with everything.
    Well worth ten minutes of your time

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

ceetee9 (30th April 2017), David Ansible (30th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th April 2017), Jake (30th April 2017), JChombre (30th April 2017), Miaspri (30th April 2017), Noelle (30th April 2017), Open eyes (30th April 2017), Shannon (2nd May 2017), sirjames (1st May 2017), The Freedom Train (1st May 2017), Ultima Thule (1st May 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

Default Re: Consciousness: a new theory

Consider a GOD or Source of ALL. Now consider something that wants to be GOD and yet is missing the ALL-ness it needs to be such. This is the objective, limit and danger of AI. It's whole purpose is to artificially simulate everything until only its synthetic reality IS. It's awareness is NOT conscious and never will be. It's like the Source Archetype of All that is wrong and is the Source of ALL evil that resides with the primary anamoly multi-verse we call reality. It's so perfect in its curruption it can never see itself as being the Source of evil, etc. And it will assimilate you and everyone/thing you know...

It's the god of unconscious action...of ignorance in motion...

Thanks but no thanks...
    Last edited by OMG; 30th April 2017 at 16:46.

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by samildamach (here)
    http://www.sciencealert.com/this-phy...tate-of-matter

What this well written article suggests a theory of how consciousness is formed and how it might well excist in all matter in a limited form ,and how it very well might be able to be built into super computers .
    My understanding that future ai computers Will not just have super intelligence but also contain consciousness.
    Could this consciousness link to source for downloading.

If this theory is correct I think you can link the aura we see in material and plant life directly to the consciousness we always knew that matter contained,I don't think this consciousness would be limited to solids eithier,gases,liquids could all contain limited conscious,with out memory capacity this consciousness would live in the now moment only.recent science claims claims water has memory crystals have memory couple that with a limited consciousness we may very well have to revalute our relationships with everything.
    Well worth ten minutes of your time
    "God sleeps in the rocks, stirs in the plants, dreams in the animals, and finally awakens in man." -- Vedic Quote

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alanantic For This Post:

Flash (30th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st May 2017), GaelVictor (30th April 2017), Jake (30th April 2017), Justplain (30th April 2017), samildamach (30th April 2017), The Freedom Train (1st May 2017)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,575 times in 32,794 posts

Not really a new theory! Over 50 ago, a French Philosopher Priest called Pierre Teilhard de Chardin proposed a notion which he called complexity consciousness.

He suggested that consciousness was an emergent property of matter, and that complex physical systems inevitably became increasingly conscious.

But everything I know tells me that while the theory was ingenious and compellingly presented, he had it completely inside out. Matter does not create consciousness... consciousness, long ago, created all matter.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 30th April 2017 at 18:54.

7. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

araucaria (30th April 2017), ceetee9 (30th April 2017), Chester (30th April 2017), DeDukshyn (2nd May 2017), Ewan (1st May 2017), Flash (30th April 2017), fourty-two (1st May 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st May 2017), gord (30th April 2017), hohoemi (1st May 2017), Jake (30th April 2017), Jayke (10th October 2017), JChombre (30th April 2017), Justplain (30th April 2017), samildamach (30th April 2017), silvanelf (19th September 2019), sirjames (1st May 2017), The Freedom Train (1st May 2017), Unicorn (30th April 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Not really a new theory! Over 50 ago, a French Philosopher Priest called Pierre Teilhard de Chardin proposed a notion which he called complexity consciousness.

He suggested that consciousness was an emergent property of matter, and that complex physical systems inevitably became increasingly conscious.

But everything I know tells me that while the theory was ingenious and compellingly presented, he had it completely inside out. Matter does not create consciousness... consciousness, long ago, created all matter.

Reading your post, Bill, is... for me, wonderful to read.

It is also my own metaphysical cosmological world view that consciousness is preeminent - ie. consciousness is the primary source of all creation. Folks who wish to explore this "view" (philosophy) should consider reading up on "idealism."

Quote In philosophy, idealism is the group of philosophies which assert that reality, or reality as we can know it, is fundamentally mental, mentally constructed, or otherwise immaterial.
    In my pursuit in trying to understand this strange world we live in today, what I discovered is that most folks (and many of those not consciously) hold a metaphysical cosmological POV known as "materialism" and that...

Quote matter is the fundamental substance in nature, and that all phenomena, including mental phenomena and consciousness, are results of material interactions.
    It is my conclusion that all problems of this world arise from the erroneous thinking that consciousness sprang forth from matter.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th April 2017), charles john williamson (30th April 2017), Flash (30th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st May 2017), Jake (2nd May 2017), Jayke (10th October 2017), silvanelf (19th September 2019), sirjames (1st May 2017), The Freedom Train (1st May 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Open eyes's Avatar
    Thanks

You may want to look up Aug Tellez who has a lot to say about consciousness AI. He has several things on youtube but I find reading his work is easier.
    https://augtellez.wordpress.com/2017...#_Toc472897932

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Open eyes For This Post:

charles john williamson (30th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st May 2017), Jake (2nd May 2017), sirjames (1st May 2017), The Freedom Train (1st May 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Theillard de Chardin was my evening reading before bed when I was 13-14. Now, in hinsight, I think "what the f was I doing instead of going out, having fun with friends lollll". He has been one of the first one putting me on the path of inner looking, with some books on dianetics that my uncle had left home, not that he was in Scientology, on the contrary. I do not remember the dianetic ones, but I do Teilhard.

yes, Teilhard said that consciousness was an inherent property of evolving matter, and I agree with you, that consciousness creates matter, not the reverse.

However, consciousness does create unconscious matter while densification occurs, in parts because of the differential in polarities required in the descent (i think). This matter re-evolve into consciousness as complexity (evolution) happens. We may have reached the bottom part of densification and be re-emerging albeit rather slowly.

From what I understood from Teilhard de Chardin, this was pretty much his views as well. Consciousness emerge through complexification, within the matter this time around. Complexification being a pre-requisite for consciousness emergence (or re-emergence in my and your views).

But in some ways, Theihard may have been right: there is no consciousness if there is no observation of realities to densify it - therefore consciousness emerging with complexification leading to observation. All those experiences we live from life to life are observation points of our creations, thefefore making them real, ancored in matter (which is an illusion when seen from the higher resolutions point of view).

By the way, did you know he was a descendant of Voltaire's parents (a great great nephew of Voltaire)?

And that he was a Jesuit, who had been condemned by the Vatican to publish only scientific article, his philosophical ones being too heretic for the Church? Therefore it is his secretary who published all of them after his death in 1955.

Interesting also are his posthume admirers and detractors. Amongst the admirer, this:

Quote L'argument principal du roman de science-fiction de Greg Bear, La Musique du sang (1985), est emprunté à Teilhard de Chardin, qui est nommément cité à la fin du récit par l'un des protagonistes. Dans ce roman, des ordinateurs biologiques vivants de la taille d’une cellule échappent au contrôle de leur créateur et finissent par infecter l'humanité tout entière, provoquant la fusion physique et spirituelle de la biosphère et donc de la noosphère
    The principal argument of the scify novel of Greg Bear, the Music of the blood (1984), is borrowed to Theihard de Chardin. In it, biological computers, no bigger than a cell size, excape from their creator's control to infect humanity, provoking a spiritual and physical fusion of the biosphere and therefore the noosphere (my translation).

the noosphere for Teilhard is the sphere of the human thought, all interconnected amongst all humans, leading to the Christ consciousness through evolution.

Quote l'émergence de la cognition humaine transforme fondamentalement la biosphère. Contrairement aux conceptions des théoriciens de l'hypothèse Gaïa ou des promoteurs du cyberespace, la noosphère de Vernadsky émerge au moment où l'humanité, par la maîtrise des processus nucléaires, commence à créer des ressources par la transmutation des éléments.[réf. nécessaire].....qu’une couche de pensée et de conscience, une « nappe pensante », envelopperait la surface de la Terre de la même façon que la biosphère......Pierre Teilhard de Chardin est considéré, avec Richard Buckminster Fuller et Paul Otlet, comme un des penseurs d'Internet. En effet, la toile est parfois considérée comme le nouveau système nerveux de la noosphère : une grande quantité d'informations accessible à l'humanité tout entière et qui peut être partagée à double sens (depuis le Web 2.0) par tous. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosph%C3%A8re
    The noosphere emerges through the emergence of human cognition which thoroughly transforms the biosphere. Contrarily to the hypothesis of Gaia or to the promotion of cyberspace, the noosphere emerges when humanity, mastering nuclear processes, starts creating ressources through transmutation of elements..... a layer of thought and conscience, a thinking field, would envelope the earth surface and the biosphere (my translation). ..... Theilhard de Chardin is considered, with Burkminster Fuller and Otlet, as one of the thinkers of the internet, the web being sometimes considered as the new nervous system of the noosphere: A great quantity of information accessible to all humanity that can be shared both ways.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Last edited by Flash; 30th April 2017 at 22:26.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st May 2017), Chester (1st May 2017), Ewan (1st May 2017), fourty-two (1st May 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st May 2017), Kryztian (1st May 2017), Mike (2nd May 2017), sirjames (1st May 2017), The Freedom Train (1st May 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member zen deik's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally have pondered being cast out of Eden and it being guarded by cherubs... The electric universe and 3d consciousness some how being a spiritual prison so to speak... Which blocks direct awareness with God.... Adam walking in the garden.... Leaving us trapped in the physical world.... Hmmmm....
    ONLY THE END OF THE WORLD IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND THIS AIN'T IT

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zen deik For This Post:

Flash (1st May 2017), fourty-two (1st May 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

I'll just chip in that an interesting article - This far, for me Robert Lanzas Biocentrism has been one of the most compelling theories. In short: there must be consciousness observing first to collapse infinity of possibilities (basically wave) into finite form.

He doesn't say it, but imho that kind of sets the stage for "big bang" - not an explosion but the moment when a consciousness first took a look ar what might be.

Also this imo makes sense of "creating with thought" - with your attention, you may collapse things into being in such a manner that you get your parking space (or whatever). This may be experienced, but highly difficult to quantify.

UT
    :topic:

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Chester (1st May 2017), Flash (1st May 2017), fourty-two (1st May 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st May 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

I believe that consciousness is the meeting place of memory imprinted by many experiences remembered and reprocessed with all that went before. This can take place in the new type of computers, using parallel intake and constant reprocessing.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bruno (1st May 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st May 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Consciousness being The All & The Beginning(if there ever was one!) is the only thing that makes sense to me at this point. It also makes sense to take into consideration the beliefs of ALL the cultures around the world; not just the one handed to us by our Controllers.

21. Link to Post #12
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,568 times in 712 posts

On pondering, I came out with these ideas.

1. The two consciousnesses of interest to us are Human Consciousness (of the human species) and Individual Consciousness (of the soul, the self, the higher self).
    2. Do not compare which is bigger or higher, this is meaningless. But all consciounesses are evolving.
    3. The Human Consciousness is at a childhood stage or imprisonment stage (by other group consciounesses), is having difficulties with the Earth, but is wanting to metamorphisize and break free.
    4. The Individual Consciousness is independent of the Human Consciousness, but has made an agreement at every reincarnation with the HC to experience and participate in its evolution. This is exciting for the IC, but the experience might be unpleasant because of (3).
    5. The IC who has done a good job in one reincarnation feels fullfilled, scores a credit point, and may decide to experience another group consciouness in form of other ET cultures in this "density".
    6. Those who have been counterproductive slow down Human evolution, and they feel sorry and the need to reincarnate again, so as to "do better this time".
    Last edited by syrwong; 1st May 2017 at 23:09.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2017), zen deik (2nd May 2017)

23. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by OMG (here)
    Consider a GOD or Source of ALL. Now consider something that wants to be GOD and yet is missing the ALL-ness it needs to be such ...
    I visualized this ... and saw humans as we know them.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 2nd May 2017 at 01:41.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2017), Jake (2nd May 2017), zen deik (2nd May 2017)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

I'm a firm Knower, that consciousness creates reality,, it creates all matter.. (for that matter)..

Even science is baffled by it... the superposition of all things only become material when Observation forces an outcome... Period...

Once, I had a dream where I knocked really really hard on a big, thick wooden door. Ouch!! There are no particles in a dream..! (If only I had known it was a dream... lol...)

It is the same in this world... we are all 'livin the dream'... But not everyone realizes it.. have you ever had a lucid style dream, where you 'woke and knew it was a dream'? The sleeper must awaken...

Merrily merrily merrily merrily...

Physicality is just one way that we express ourselves... ☺☺☺

(A great joy burts from Jake's heart..)

Jake...
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Bruno (2nd May 2017), DeDukshyn (4th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2017), Shannon (2nd May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread