Thread: Sam continues his comments with regards to marijuana

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Default Sam continues his comments with regards to marijuana

Hi, I realized that I needed to clarify some things based on a post I made in another thread with regards to marijuana. But to comment more than I did in the other thread would be derailing that thread. Yet I feel I need to clarify some things based on the comments I read after my post that started it all.

This was the post - Post #145 in The Truth about Corey Goode thread.

I am writing here specifically to clarify that I only ever smoked marijuana because I liked the high I got from it. I never used it for medicinal reasons. In addition (as I wrote about extensively in the above referenced post) the reaction I experience with long term high dosage usage of high quality marijuana, in conjunction with my condition - that I am bipolar, eventually led to 10 psychosis events (some lasting literally weeks) is likely a very rare "result" but because of the fact this happened to me as much as it did and that I paid attention to the factors that led to these events, I had to admit to myself the potential triggers.

When I had whittled it down to "drugs and/or alcohol" I then isolated my three favorites and tried each independently and in combination with two of the three. Never did I go psychotic from alcoholism when I did not use marijuana. Never did this happen with me when I used cocaine extensively (as long as I never used marijuana). Never did this happen when I abused alcohol and cocaine together (as long as I never touched marijuana). In fact I went from early 2002 until early 2010 where I used both and did so in significant amounts between 2006 and March 2010 - never a hint of psychosis. And then I quit those two... quit completely and used no marijuana either and did this for five months straight where I once again (foolishly) decided to try marijuana again!

I will never forget the day I did and what I experienced. I went into an instant state of what I call quantum hyper-synchronicity. If anyone has ever experienced this, there is truly nothing like it. I will try and describe the state.

This is a state where all your thoughts are in synchronicity with all that arises in your awareness and that when one thought leads to another, the reality responds in a meaningful, highly improbable way such that one might conclude that their perceived external reality is alive and well and independent to "the individuated self" and yet that you and "it" can communicate, indeed you are doing that.

That is the best description I can come up with for this state.

And so back to that mid August day... when I suddenly found myself experiencing this state... for the first time ever, the state was not elusive. I remained in the state and for hours. In fact, I remained in the state for days though to reinvigorate the state, I had to smoke some more weed.

The experience was nothing new to me and indeed pretty much describes the same state I would be in while in one of those extreme psychoses, but without any of the paranoia. And so I was not only quite familiar with the state, I realized that "I am back!" and so I began the practice of documenting my experiences.

I also began to maintain an organized folder system I called "Gifts o' the Day." And the most amazing things started to happen and I documented (often with artifacts) all these experiences and often while in the midst of an ongoing synchronicity string.

I just popped open the first one I documented. The date I wrote this document was August 12, 2010 but the actual events occurred on the 9th and 10th of August, 2010.

I had received an e-mail that was dated August (8) 9th (9), 2010 (10) which was sent at 11 (11) 48 seeing 4 + 8 = 12 (12) and I noted the 8 9 10 11 12 and laughed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e-mail 8-9-10 at 11 48.png
Views:	47
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	35236

But what caused me to write up the experience was what happened later that evening that I saw on the news the next day... on the morning of the tenth the following news item appeared in my e-mail -

Girl born on 8/9/10 at 11:12.

So it was a double synchronicity where part two happened after I had already acknowledged how funny it was regarding that e-mail date/time and that I had noted it to myself the day before when it happened. In fact, it was this very double synchronicity which prompted me to begin a practice that continues to this day.... the writing up in detail of these synchronicities.

And so why I am describing all this with this lengthy example is to share that this experience I call quantum hyper synchronicity lasted for days and then weeks and then... months. Yet what I needed for the experience to become invigorated, was to smoke some high quality marijuana.

This was why I once again allowed myself to become addicted. And sadly, as had happened nine times before, after a period of time (this time 16 months), paranoia finally entered the ongoing experience and everything turned dark. Some have read in my previous posts and writings as to how it all ended and I just don't want to share that part again here and now, but know I barely survived. But what had never happened before and yet did this time (and though it ebbs and flows), I still experience this state from time to time and have not messed with marijuana in five years. I don't care to and frankly, I am scared to. In addition, I don't touch any other drug (legal or not) as this might lead me to weakness again and I will not risk that.

But the biggest point of all is that I just don't want to. I now have a life where this experience of quantum hyper synchronicity happens all the time and I have never stopped documenting these events. I have hundreds of these experiences documented. The most favorite one of all I wrote up in my blog. If interested, here it is (again).

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/2015...hronicity.html

A couple of other of my favorites happened back in 2010 and are documented on the first page of my blog entitled, The 19 Synchronicity and The 23 Synchronicity respectively.

So now to address some of the replies in the Goode thread.

I am not interested and feel no desire much less reason to use marijuana. I never used it for pain relief. I only used it because of its psychoactive effects. Because I have finally achieved a state where I continue to experience the quantum hyper synchronicities without the need for any marijuana and am also able to live a reasonably grounded life where I am satisfactorily successful in fulfilling my personal and familial responsibilities, I have no desire to risk addiction again as I am certain it would lead to psychosis. I see no way I will ever (at least in this lifetime) take that risk.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

araucaria (4th May 2017), Bruno (4th May 2017), DeDukshyn (3rd May 2017), genevieve (4th May 2017), Hym (4th May 2017), Jackson (4th May 2017), Jake (6th May 2017), justntime2learn (3rd May 2017), Justplain (7th May 2017), skogvokter (4th May 2017), Sunny-side-up (4th May 2017), The Freedom Train (4th May 2017), william r sanford72 (4th May 2017), Words of Joy (4th May 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Default Re: Sam continues his comments with regards to marijuana

Sam I say never smoke marijuana for you or your son I would look for alternatives go to a Native American shaman explain your need and ask him for alternative.

If none is available I would go to a Chinese medical herbalist explain your need and ask him for a alternative they might need a few days.

If you have to have marijuana maybe try to limit its use or hopefully there is modified marijuana that you can use safely.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd May 2017 at 22:55.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

aoibhghaire (3rd May 2017), Chester (4th May 2017), DeDukshyn (3rd May 2017), Hym (4th May 2017), justntime2learn (3rd May 2017), Nasu (3rd May 2017), TargeT (4th May 2017), The Freedom Train (4th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Sam, if you need MMJ for physical pain, PM me about Kratom. (I will start a thread on the topic, when I get around to it.)
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd May 2017 at 22:57.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

Chester (4th May 2017), DeDukshyn (3rd May 2017), Hym (4th May 2017), justntime2learn (3rd May 2017), Sunny-side-up (4th May 2017), The Freedom Train (4th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Hello Everyone:
    We have had this conversation in the past! If a person doesn't want to get "high" then juicing raw marijuana is the answer. You will not get high but will get the benefits of the marijuana.
    chancy

Link:
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...-raw-cannabis/

Article:
    Juicing RAW Cannabis – Eating RAW Cannabis?
    by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM Published on March 1, 2012, Last Updated on November 24, 2015

medicinal cannabis

There’s no shortage of controversy surrounding the use of medical marijuana. Despite the copious amount of scientifically-backed data gathered over decades, if not centuries [1], which show that cannabis has tremendous therapeutic potential, many lawmakers remain hesitant to approve its use. Regardless, a growing number of dedicated researchers continue to investigate new therapeutic applications for juicing or eating raw cannabis.

For some people, it still remains difficult to distinguish between the plant’s therapeutic and recreational uses. Inhaling the plant’s vapors gets you high, even when that isn’t the primary reason why its being consumed.

It’s not just anti-cannabis critics who have a problem with this issue. Many of the people who consume raw cannabis with a doctor’s recommendation have no interest in getting high. For them, the plant is a safe and natural method of relieving constant pain and constant discomfort, and it’s euphoric and thought befuddling qualities are seen as (unwanted) side effects. Research is now showing benefits from eating or juicing raw cannabis.

One term that is regularly used in conjunction with cannabis is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) — the ingredient in marijuana that produces the “high”. Cannabis does contain another beneficial chemical compound called Cannabidiol (CBD) which has been proven medically to help relieve irritation, convulsions, nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth.

Raw cannabis contains THCA and CBDA, ineffective alkaloids. They must be heated to produce THC and CBD, which in turn produces the “high.” This is the reason for smoking or vaporizing. By eating or juicing raw cannabis in its natural state, there is no “high” to speak of. Drinking fresh-squeezed cannabis juice (similar to wheat grass juice) or eating raw cannabis as a leafy green vegetable is fast becoming a preferred means of consumption for individuals in search health benefits without losing their heads in the clouds.

I personally have not tried this but please let me know your thoughts on this as it is a very interesting topic gaining popularity for a wide variety of health giving properties.

6/19/12 Follow up from Dr. G:

I would like to share with everyone an interesting and informative message I received from Jeffrey C. Raber, Ph.D. (thewercshop.com). Please read below:

When you consume “raw” cannabis, that is cannabis which has not been heated, you are consuming the cannabinoid acids. THCA and/or CBDA. If you have a strain that is dominant in CBD, then the raw form is delivering CBDA. If you have a high THC strain, then this raw form will deliver THCA. Look up tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, or cannabidiolic acid. Those are the A forms of the molecules you are consuming.

Almost all varieties today contain large amounts of THCA which when heated provides THC. By volume (it is reported by weight actually), there is next to no CBDA or CBD in virtually all of the strains currently available. NOT ALL STRAINS ARE THE SAME! EVEN THE SAME NAMES ARE MOST OFTEN NOT THE SAME (mis-named, different grower = different method = different end product)! Over-generalization of this marvelous plant is what is diminishing its stock and ruining the value it has to offer. We’ve done thousands of strain tests and have in-house expertise directly from The Netherlands, we are the most informed laboratory of professional scientists in the US, you can rest assured my comments are correct.

Only about 2% of the strain products available today have CBD above 1 wt% in them. It is RARE! And most likely almost none of it exists in non-medical states today.

Juicing is working because it provides the cannabinoid acids, which are potent compounds that help regulate the endocannabinoid system in ways not fully understood just yet. When you juice properly, you consume almost no THC or CBD, it is all THCA and CBDA! That is why you don’t receive any psychoactive effects. Juicing improperly may lead to heating the solution and causing THC to form. The only way to know exactly what you have, strain or juice wise, is to have it tested by a reliable and accurate lab (and not all of the “labs” today operate in that faction either unfortunately).

Only through accurate information dissemination, more thorough understanding and improved patient care will we be able to fully free this marvelous plant! We all have to do our part! Dr. Courtney, who we maintain an excellent relationship with, is a true pioneer in the fashion and we should all aim to support him and his efforts in every way we can. Let’s be sure to get the right information out there to everyone!
    References (1)

†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Global Healing Center does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Global Healing Center are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Bruno (4th May 2017), Chester (4th May 2017), gigha (4th May 2017), Hym (4th May 2017), Jake (6th May 2017), The Freedom Train (4th May 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    Warning - monster post... but I make odds good you won't be bored.

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    I might spend the next 24 hrs searching for posts with 'venemous energy' behind them.

Second thoughts, I'll go and cut the grass.
    Hi Ewan, not only do I understand this post of yours, a part of me wishes to go cut grass too.

I don't know if any of my posts in this thread (where I recall that in my first post I suggested I would rise above all this and then did not) could have been any of many that may have stimulated your reply, but I feel compelled to share a tiny glimpse as to why I loathe what I believe both Wilcock and Goode are consciously participating in - a scam.

Here's why and perhaps you may know some of this about me. I am 59, bipolar and have had ten serious psychotic episodes where the last event was 5 years ago. Each and every one of these episodes was brought on by long term, large dosages use of high quality marijuana usage. After about my third or forth event, I knew that my condition was such and that using weed would eventually trigger another event.

So though I have known and do still know that I can completely control whether or not I experience a serious and life threatening psychosis by simply never using marijuana (and never using any mood altering, mind altering, emotion altering drug - legal or not as I have also learned that when I do so, I become weak and eventually go back to the weed, my favorite) what is a fact that I cannot change is that I am bipolar.

Still, this is a simple no-brainer... don't use any drugs and I never get psychotic and I finally get the message (and accept my reality in this lifetime).

Now let me share another bit of information regarding this condition. Though it has yet to be definitively proven, the data strongly suggests this condition is hereditary. I not only believe the odds are high that this speculation is likely true, I have real life experience in this regard as well. My father displayed many of the same symptoms as I experienced but my father never smoked weed and thus, perhaps he avoided experiencing a serious psychotic episode. But also, because so much less was known about this condition as of 1979, my father was never diagnosed as such and thus was never treated. Why I single out 1979 is because my Dad was 44 years old in 1979 when he committed suicide. After the event, "the doctors" concluded that my Dad likely suffered from schizophrenia which is a close relative to the bipolar condition. My conclusion is that these two conditions are simply expressions of what may one day be proven to be the same underlying cause where the form this condition manifests could be viewed as either schizophrenic (based on observed symptoms) or bipolar (based on observed symptoms). What I do know is that when either a schizophrenic or someone bipolar goes psychotic, psychosis is psychosis.

So let me add one more data point regarding my own, personal experience. My oldest son (aged 26) has just experienced his third serious psychosis. Just as in my case, the data facts are that each of his psychoses were preceded by long term, high dosage use of high quality marijuana. Each of his three events involved hospitalization in a mental health facility. Sadly it appears he is still in the midst of his third event and despite being in two different psych facilities over the last three or so weeks, he was released to an environment where he has access to marijuana. I make odds poor that this current event subsides.

All the above was to prepare the reader for a specific example of what can happen with folks like this when they have been exposed to conspiracy information. Two weeks ago yesterday, this son of mine called me from his mother's cellphone at around 4 PM. He had been staying with her since his release from that first psyche facility (which held him for only 24 hours even though he had been brought there by police executing a mental health order). Note that he had returned to usage of marijuana right after his release and so when he called me, his psychosis was at about a level 9 on a 1 to 10 scale.

So he told me that his Mom was taking him to his probation appointment. I could clearly hear in his voice he was terribly fearful (paranoid) and terribly irrational. We spoke for about five minutes when he asked me point blank - "Dad? Are they going to execute me?" Shocked I replied, "What? Why would you even think that?"

And the whole reason why I wrote everything above was to state the answer he gave me.

"Well Dad, I don't know if you are aware of this, but the Illuminati has a hit out on me." I said... "Dude, why the heck do you think that the Illuminati even knows of you much less is worried about you?" "Dad... its the stuff I posted on Facebook," and he went on to tell me of all the crazy stuff he posted that any serious student of the matter knows is the same type of BS one reads when exposed to the megalomaniacal, self aggrandizing fantacists and not the information gleaned from for more grounded and likely far more informed sources.

I looked at his Facebook page where it was clear he had been reading all sorts of stuff on the internet where much of what he told me is likely all the same baloney you get from the Wilcock/Goode BSfest, the Simon Parkes BSfest and a good several dozen others who are mostly if not completely making all their crap up.

And what is a fact about all the BS is that it is so sensationalized and sadly, this is perhaps the biggest reason it is so attractive, especially to the vulnerable.

And so when we have the likely actual reality of a world where organizations do conspire to "manage" the masses who probably do implement plans to dumb the masses down, to cull off large chunks of "the herd," foment wars and economic collapses... how can anyone possibly justify the activities of consciously disseminating false, fantastical and wholly or mostly made up information along these lines? The likely truth is bad enough... but why can't we expect far more the truth than self aggrandizing fantasy promotion? In fact, I think we should demand it.

Isn't this what folks like Bill are calling for here?

We very likely do have some sort of hidden "secret space program(s)" but how can anyone justify organizing the mass media lie promoting outfits?

And so then now... add in the wild card - "third party undetectable mind management technology." I would never deny this doesn't exist. And I have studied enough about it to form my current operational assumption that it does exist. How advanced is it? How prolifically is it being used? How successful is its usage if it is being used? I wouldn't dare to guess.

But what I am as certain about as anything I might ever state, is that if individuals do not take personal responsibility no matter how compromised they are then how will this current and likely dynamic/reality ever be transcended? And just as important as my last question is - For those who have any reasonable grip upon their own actions and who also have awareness that their actions are promoting false paradigms such as the Blue Avian nonsense, then they should stop the BS and come clean and help this community get (back) on track and reach to where it could be... grounded exploration of what the controlled media will never touch.

Individuals must do everything they can to see that they are responsible at the individual level, take that responsibility seriously and act upon it. This is the only way an individual can overcome third party influence.

Individuals who are in any way consciously telling lies or are aware consciously of massive over-embellishment of actual truths should realize how they are harming us all including the generations they leave behind. And stop and then do us a bigger favor and come clean.

So again... why did I share all this personal information? Because though my case and the case of my father and my son are extremes, there are many other types of conditions people suffer from who place them in a greater risk pool than perhaps most of the rest of the human population. But then there are other forms of vulnerability that when we look at each type, we start to see that the human species as it is today is quite compromised in this regard. So I ask the obvious question... "How does BSing us all help?"

Bottom line -

Sharing of testimony must be the truth and only the truth.

In addition, the more honest sharers of "other worldly experiences" must remain vigilant against overly interpreting their experiences that invariably leads to forming conclusions whereby they then impose paradigmatic "truths" upon the rest of us. Religions get started this way by the way. And note - "truths" which are in reality nothing but their own speculations and in many cases, speculations they hope to be true or speculations they may, in a dark way, want to be true.

This last statement covers the likes of Goode (and the Wilcock tag team effect) and Parkes in a nutshell... and make sure you, the reader, knows that the only reason I point these two out is because of lengthy personal experiences with both, especially the former. There are dozens and dozens of these types that have overwhelmed the alternative community the past several years and we all suffer from this sad development.

One last statement I must make. Some readers may falsely conclude that I am against marijuana or that I am suggesting marijuana causes what I shared about above in a more universal way. Not at all though I do not promote its use either. What is clear to me is that my specific adverse reaction is in part based on a genetically inherited condition which is then triggered by long term, high dosage heavy use of marijuana.

Marijuana for me (and probably my son and probably a tiny percentage of others) is much the same as the well known "peanut allergy." Allergic reactions to peanuts can be deadly. Yet it is a fact that a quite large percentage of humanity does not experience adverse reactions to eating peanuts. And thus it makes far more sense to implore those who have peanut allergies to eat mindfully in a way they avoid peanuts and peanut products. I look upon marijuana the same way. So make sure anyone who may have become upset and conclude that I am against marijuana understands I cannot hold that position and thus don't.
    To use marijuana for health reason takes knowledge and the correct medicine. After being on high quality aspirin to treat a condition, switching out the aspirin with tictacs you come down with a blood clot within a week.

They have no THC pot now that stops seizures in infants with no side effects.

If you wanted to get rid of bad breath, would you take an aspirin or a tictac?

Sativa swap to indica brings you from mind altering to couch locked pain relief.

Until the medical industry gets serious on trials, it's all trial and error.

Dr Oz says pain relief from the happens at the point of pain, it blocks the pain sensor from your nerve so no message is sent to your brain saying ouch. Pain pills just shut off a part of your brain that receives the pain signals.

For psych, it works on the happy juice transmitter, which is also your psychic filter...

People on Meth burn out the transmitter which can take 8-10 years to heal.

No happy juice and 1000 voices in your head screaming at once is brutal...

Now you don't do Meth so couldn't be affected?

Have you ever caught a cold and took medicine?

What do you think drags your butt out of bed and makes you feel perfect?

Meth's active ingredient, the happy juice accelerator...

On the box it says to talk to a doctor before using it beyond 7 pills...

It comes in a 10 pack...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 4th May 2017 at 03:42.

10. Link to Post #6
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Kratom.
    Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) is a tropical evergreen tree in the coffee family (Rubiaceae) that produces stimulant AND opiate like effects (dependent on strain and dosage) it is still mostly legal in the US and has been a QUITE effective treatment for opiate addiction.

Being the curious type I have tried it a couple of times myself, not my cup of tea, but a lot of people swear by it, especially as pain mitigation.
    Last edited by TargeT; 4th May 2017 at 04:14.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bruno (4th May 2017), Chester (4th May 2017), DeDukshyn (4th May 2017), Hym (4th May 2017), Justplain (7th May 2017), skogvokter (6th May 2017), Sunny-side-up (4th May 2017), The Freedom Train (4th May 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Sam I fully support your position, and it makes complete sense based on your experiences.

For anyone else reading this, I would say the drug addiction dance is a very personal journey for each one of us, and is one that is best approached without judgment of self or others. We all seem to have a fix - or more - that we are turning to for comfort, to feel sane, to feel alive or energized, to tune out, to just get by in this mad mad mad world.

I have had similar experiences with mj. And for me, it has turned out that any psychoactive substance, including caffeine and processed sugar, are no go zones. I had to whittle it down over the years. I was only a drinker for a couple years after I dropped out of college the first time. I used mj more as a self medication in college and beyond, but eventually felt that it was a crutch - I would become irritable if I didn't have any, and didn't know how to enjoy life without it. I quit several times, but kept falling back into it. Then I got pregnant with my daughter, and that sealed the deal.

She stopped breastfeeding when she was three, after which I went through a brief period (2 months) where I started drinking again and I smoked several times. I noticed my emotions became highly erratic, and I also foolishly broke up with the one boyfriend I had ever had who was actually healthy for me. So yeah I realized it was not helping me, and I quit again. Also I have issues with hiding anything from my daughter, and would never dare to smoke in front of her. So that was another reason why I chose to stay away from it.

I do not feel like I need it to get anywhere special in my life that I cannot eventually get to on my own, the good old fashioned way. So now I have been substance free for quite a number of years. Of course I am still being energetically assaulted, but at least I have an easier time keeping my wits about me, and have a better grasp of my emotions. My clarity is always improving.

Also, three years caffeine free, and about two years sugar free (I still eat natural sugars like fruits, and honey and maple syrup in small amounts). My latest foray into the world of cleansing and healing is my adoption of a raw diet, including juicing 5 lemons a day and drinking in water each morning. I must say it has to be one of the most healing regimens I have yet to discover and follow. I'm very excited to see how this healing progresses!

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Alekahn2 (4th May 2017), Bruno (4th May 2017), cascadian (5th May 2017), Chester (4th May 2017), Justplain (7th May 2017), skogvokter (6th May 2017), TargeT (4th May 2017), william r sanford72 (4th May 2017), Words of Joy (4th May 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    Norway Avalon Member skogvokter's Avatar
    Thanks

Sam
    I can relate. About 13 years ago I used to smoke every day, and I mean alot over 7 years or so.
    And I disappeared in to a fog, and developed psychosis the last year(s). Can't remember much of that time.
    Tried to get myself clean a numerous of times. And I havent smoked in about 6 years..
    Feel free to pm me if you want.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skogvokter For This Post:

Bruno (4th May 2017), Chester (4th May 2017), Sunny-side-up (4th May 2017), TargeT (4th May 2017), The Freedom Train (4th May 2017), Words of Joy (4th May 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

In the Netherlands it is not so difficult to get in touch with mj as you'll probably know. I was into it for a period of 10 years. I really had a lot of good laughs with my friends while using it. Sad thing is I can't remember a whole lot of the period. Eventually I really felt it was holding me down, and also immobilizing me. Plans that I made always faded after mj and places I planned on visiting weren't visited. That's when I started fighting the habit and addiction, which was not an easy thing as all my friends and my girlfiend were in the same situation. Though I managed to keep my head strong and left it.

I'm glad I was able to find the strength to quit. Some of my old friends still use. I moved and don't see them to much anymore. My life needed a change bad, during that time.

Here are some graphs for use in the Netherlands. 1994 is about the period I started until 2004.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Bruno (4th May 2017), Chester (4th May 2017), skogvokter (6th May 2017), Sunny-side-up (4th May 2017), TargeT (4th May 2017), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

I am not interested and feel no desire much less reason to use marijuana. I never used it for pain relief. I only used it because of its psychoactive effects. Because I have finally achieved a state where I continue to experience the quantum hyper synchronicities without the need for any marijuana and am also able to live a reasonably grounded life where I am satisfactorily successful in fulfilling my personal and familial responsibilities, I have no desire to risk addiction again as I am certain it would lead to psychosis. I see no way I will ever (at least in this lifetime) take that risk.

Did I understand those words correctly.

Sam,. Dont you think the psychosis you experience is an escape from this psychotic world? Arent we just afraid to be unattached, because attachment is survival. Dr Gabor. so we think that victory is staying in all of these with our love ones? because reality is if we want to be with our family we have to partake of this insanity. Doing something that you dont approve is pretty tough. isnt it?.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Chester (6th May 2017), TargeT (6th May 2017), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)

Did I understand those words correctly.

Sam,. Dont you think the psychosis you experience is an escape from this psychotic world?
    No.

My condition is bipolar and I set off the psychosis by long term, high dosage (smoking) of high quality marijuana much the same as someone with a peanut allergy has terrible reactions when exposed to peanut products (which in some cases can result in death).

Note that at least there's recognition of the seriousness of the peanut allergy...

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ion-for-games/

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Arent we just afraid to be unattached, because attachment is survival. Dr Gabor. so we think that victory is staying in all of these with our love ones? because reality is if we want to be with our family we have to partake of this insanity. Doing something that you dont approve is pretty tough. isnt it?.
    I do get the point you are suggesting, but unless you have experienced a severe psychosis or have been close with someone who has, you might not be able to grasp the seriousness of the matter and how it is a condition where evidence suggests is likely hereditary.

I do take the view that at a level of my being, I made choices such that I found myself incarnating into this strange (and metaphorically psychotic) world, but again... that would be at a very different and foundational level of my individuated being.

One last comment, I love the challemge, love being alive, love the fact I have found that I can be good for others and have a fulfilling life as long as I simply stay away from marijuana and all other substances that might weaken my resolve to stay away from marijuana.
    Last edited by Chester; 7th May 2017 at 04:33.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bruno (22nd June 2017), Justplain (7th May 2017), TargeT (6th May 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

I have personal experience with smoking mj that confirms that continued use of it can screw up your mind. In addition to this its nonmedicinal use in younger teenagers can lead to a lowered iq:

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.dailym...dy-claims.html

This information should be enough to dissuade its nonmedicinal consumption. Even medicinal usage should likely be restricted to non thc cannibis.

There are other ways to connect with consciousness of the universe or your higher self, such as through meditation, yoga and fasting. That's what i now use and am quite satisfied with.
    Last edited by Justplain; 7th May 2017 at 04:25.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bruno (22nd June 2017), Chester (7th May 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,962 times in 4,050 posts

I've been too busy to read much on here lately, but, Sam being one of the ones I have been able to sort of personally connect with, I'll shift into reverse for a moment to ask:

What the heck does it mean, to say your "condition" "is" "bipolar"?

I am not trying to trivialize, but it sounds like some voodoo cast by psychologists. Not the most trustworthy bunch. Actually, I find them to be insecure, pandering sycophants of the status quo, even if some of the more Jungian type theories might happen to verge on a few things I agree with.

Now. Caveat. I have been drinking vodka for about four or five hours now, just because it is there, you know, I quit drinking, I don't really drink, even though I may be an alcoholic according to the definition of "can't say no" just because I have been drinking the stuff ever since, well, ever since I could open my mouth, or whatever it is you do to make sure the stuff gets in there.

Humor, man. Most everything you have posted is very intelligent and always mixed with a sense of humor, and those are really the two things...as long as you can fall back on those two things and they work, it's all gravy. I'm not seeing much of your sense of amusement here, and, kind of in the Gnostic vein, we may as well take ourselves and all our physical suffering or mental sense of insanity with a bunch of giggles.

Over the years, I've smoked some schwag and I've smoked in the 'Dam and never had these kind of results in such a heavy, bad sense as you portray. I appreciate your kind of controlled experiment to see if maybe alcohol or coke was worse, but, in my experience, those two things lead to basically a kind of intensified sobriety. One makes you wobbly and slow, the other makes you peppy and sharp, but they are pretty much mostly physical, and not at all much in common with mental weirdness or psychosis (until delirium tremens or being wired for multiple days).

That being said, I have experienced a pretty overwhelming amount of what a psychologist would definitely rank as a full blown psychosis due to the somewhat accidental discovery of LSD. And I had to walk away from it at the time, whereas today, I would pop it right now if available, just because it's interesting and amusing. But did it cause some problems with repeated use, yes, it certainly did.

In my own attempts to try to decide if mj was truly some kind of culprit, I did similar things, use or non-use compared with daily activities, and you know what? I found that, by far, what was much worse, was simply being tired. The kind of thing where you're not taking more than three or four hours of sleep for days in a row, not due to any drugs but just ordinary activity, at least, for me, that sort of thing was way worse than most anything I ever ingested, except for those occasions of alcohol leading to sickness/hangover, or what I discovered that what, perhaps, "too much" LSD can really do to the brain.

Human constitutions are all slightly different, so, of course, I wouldn't sniff at anyone's personal decision to avoid mj, or really anything else, I kind of agree with Jimi Hendrix in saying "It ain't nothin' but a thing, doesn't matter if it's there or not".

Now, according to "their" definitions, I might be bipolar as well, and am almost certainly schizoid. These mental problems bother me like hell, but, you know what, that doesn't really bother me. Kind of an oxymoron. Intense mental anguish of any kind, is pretty much par for the course. So to kind of get back to Jung, one cannot flee from the shadow self, one must eat it.

Spiritually speaking, I think this is where we're at. There isn't much real "progress" until forcing and flushing out every possible attachment, every foible and every nuisance that burns the soul, until becoming strong enough that absolutely nothing deters us from duty.

In your case, if mj is a conflict with family and things that are truly important to existence, then dropping it is the best bet. On my side, I'm phenomenally irate about the general social restrictions about it, and I can appreciate the fact that somewhere like Netherlands where they aren't so hung up, it's not a big deal and many people don't care about it, much as I don't drink or go to bars, well, until it is placed freely before me, which I find to be a huge personal weakness. I really can say no when it is optional, but when simply sitting right in front of me, I have a really hard time not drinking this stuff, even though I don't like it or its effects, so I just blame society for making alcohol prevalent and mj (here, at least) forbidden, even though that does not justify my personal inability to avoid either one.

I'm weird. I despise what I consider dangerous narcotics, such as crack, meth, heroin...but if you were to place before me a bottle of vodka, a bag of marijuana, lines of coke, tabs of acid, pieces of mushrooms, angel dust, salvia divinorum and quaalude, I would probably take it all and well...it doesn't usually go like that, but the last time it came close, I slept for about three hours, and then went out of town and trounced my cousin's husband at chess. Because I wasn't tired.

I could be sober for months, but then if you disturb me when I am tired, I won't do anything but growl.

That's what I've found. Being literally and simply physically exhausted makes me a much worse person than anything else. And alcohol is the primary type of ingestive that can lead, not just to that, but to a worse state of being. At least, from among those types of things I've tried, nothing has been as harmful as alcohol, which I am currently drinking, despite this diatribe. LSD can be a brain fryer, but never made you feel quite as bad. I'll take psychosis over being sick and tired any day.

But don't let me be your example. Instead, turn towards strength.

+ Reply to Thread