United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Default The meaning of life in a world without work

The meaning of life in a world without work

In this article -

As technology renders jobs obsolete, what will keep us busy? Sapiens author Yuval Noah Harari examines ‘the useless class’ and a new quest for purpose.

Comment by Sam: I found the article thought provoking. I also get a sense there is some "thought planting." I also sense the article takes one to the edge of some conclusions which the article does not address along the lines of what is found on the Georgia Guidestones.

Quote Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Antagenet (12th May 2017), Atlas (8th May 2017), Baby Steps (9th May 2017), DNA (12th May 2017), Ewan (9th May 2017), Justplain (8th May 2017), LoneWolf76 (11th May 2017), Magnus (15th May 2017), Mike (8th May 2017), Noelle (8th May 2017), The Freedom Train (9th May 2017), Watching from Cyprus (9th May 2017), william r sanford72 (8th May 2017), Zampano (9th May 2017), zythlar (9th May 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Default Re: The meaning of life in a world without work

Hi Sam, in this recent thread was discussed that the Canadian central bank is promoting AI and automation:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...t=Central+bank

I would suggest the bank of canada got this idea from the cabal banskter committee, via committees like the council on foreign relations, or the bilderburgers, or the club of rome, or trilateral commission, or the rand corp. What a bunch of illuminati manipulators those psychopaths are.

Speaking about psychpaths, here one of PA's members elspru, the transhumanist 'greenjesus', in this thread is promoting robots over humans:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-any-questions

Even the mainstream science icon stephen hawking warns against the dangers of AI. But, as far as the msm goes, its just another merry fun ride for the newest tech trend, as directed by their puppetmasters.

I think good advice to young people is save their dinero and invest it in an independent lifestyle, one that can be self sustaining. An example would be buy land with lodgings, grow a garden, find renewable energy (ie wood, solar, etc.) and be ready to home school your kids, etc. If the big unemployment depression comes, then atleast you'd have your own patch of land to live on. I can see room in such an independent lifestyle for the internet, 3d printers, electric cars, etc., but one should be able to live off the grid if needs be. It would be a time to get back to nature and closer to your soul.
    Last edited by Justplain; 8th May 2017 at 20:26.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Basho (9th May 2017), Chester (8th May 2017), Ewan (9th May 2017), Fellow Aspirant (9th May 2017), Gaia (8th May 2017), genevieve (9th May 2017), Mike (8th May 2017), Noelle (8th May 2017), Satori (11th May 2017), The Freedom Train (9th May 2017), william r sanford72 (8th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

''I think good advice to young people is save their dinero and invest it in an independent lifestyle''

I'm doing this everyday

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Antagenet (12th May 2017), Chester (8th May 2017), ElfeMya (9th May 2017), Justplain (8th May 2017), Mike (8th May 2017), Noelle (8th May 2017), StandingWave (9th May 2017), starlight (9th May 2017), TargeT (9th May 2017), The Freedom Train (9th May 2017), william r sanford72 (8th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

"The crucial problem isn’t creating new jobs. The crucial problem is creating new jobs that humans perform better than algorithms."

The crucial problem is that man thinks that work is more important than living.
    Life might start to have meaning when there is no work.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Atlas (8th May 2017), Basho (9th May 2017), Ewan (9th May 2017), Mike (8th May 2017), PurpleLama (8th May 2017), StandingWave (9th May 2017), The Freedom Train (9th May 2017), Zampano (9th May 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Hi Bubu, i get your point, however having AI driven tech that provides us with 'freedom' is extremely dangerous, since AI could very easily choose to eliminate us as unneeded baggage.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (9th May 2017), Gaia (9th May 2017), The Freedom Train (9th May 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Painting a picture is work. Composing a piece of music is work. Organic small hold farming is work. Writing a poem, novel, or essay is work. Creating a virtual world is work.

One of these things carries little to no cultural value, therefore lacks "meaning" in the grand scheme of human endeavor.

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    Hi Bubu, i get your point, however having AI driven tech that provides us with 'freedom' is extremely dangerous, since AI could very easily choose to eliminate us as unneeded baggage.
    yes that's the plan all along as depicted in movies, AI vs human. To eliminate more humans as possible through whatever way. I seem to have develop immunity to fear of such and choose to live instead. As I have said danger can be sensed by a grounded and connected person. A person with fear is unconnected.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Mike (8th May 2017), The Freedom Train (9th May 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member zen deik's Avatar
    Thanks

E.M.P. start over.....☺
    ONLY THE END OF THE WORLD IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND THIS AIN'T IT

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zen deik For This Post:

The Freedom Train (9th May 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    yes that's the plan all along as depicted in movies, AI vs human. To eliminate more humans as possible through whatever way. I seem to have develop immunity to fear of such and choose to live instead. As I have said danger can be sensed by a grounded and connected person. A person with fear is unconnected.
    Not to be run by fear, to be aware of the risks. To not swim in shark infested water, not to drink the poison elixir. I love life and want the best future for all, without AI armies, with a close connection to the living Mother Earth. Emphasis on consciousness and spirit raising. That should be our goal. Tech that supports that goal is welcome.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bubu (9th May 2017), Mike (9th May 2017), Noelle (9th May 2017), The Freedom Train (9th May 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

In a world without work and barring the freedom to acquire necessities without some form of currency, I would say that life would look like starvation and chaos for many.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Justplain (9th May 2017), Mike (9th May 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,069 times in 2,400 posts

A disturbing article with a rather narrow view I felt, those that are unemployable can spend their time playing computer games and living in virtual worlds. What a bright future for humanity he has all mapped out.

Last night I watched the new film "Ghost in the Shell", originally told via Japanese Manga. It is largely about transhumanism, 70 something per cent of humanity have embraced cybernetic implants, enhancements etc.

Quite near the begining the doctor/scientist tells the main character..
    Quote We cling to memories as if they define us, but, they really don't.
    What we do is what defines us.
    At the end of the film the main character tells us..
    Quote My mind is human, my body is manufactured. I'm the first of my kind, but, I won't be the last. (She repeats the previous quote). My ghost survived to remind the next of us that humanity is our virtue. I know who I am.
    With the overall message, as I understood it, being that humanity is above and beyond any kind of 'enhancement' from technology. I'm sure it depends on your perspective, there will likely be a lot of people ready to embrace the idea of implants and enhancement not realising the long term result is likely to be a negative.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Basho (9th May 2017), Bubu (9th May 2017), Chester (10th May 2017), Gaia (9th May 2017), Justplain (9th May 2017), kirolak (14th May 2017), Noelle (9th May 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

of all the living organism on planet earth perhaps humans are the only ones afraid to lose a job.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Antagenet (12th May 2017), Atlas (10th May 2017), Blacklight43 (9th May 2017), Ewan (9th May 2017), kirolak (14th May 2017), neutronstar (9th May 2017), PurpleLama (9th May 2017), robinr1 (10th May 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    A disturbing article with a rather narrow view I felt, those that are unemployable can spend their time playing computer games and living in virtual worlds. What a bright future for humanity he has all mapped out.

Last night I watched the new film "Ghost in the Shell", originally told via Japanese Manga. It is largely about transhumanism, 70 something per cent of humanity have embraced cybernetic implants, enhancements etc.

Quite near the begining the doctor/scientist tells the main character..
    Quote We cling to memories as if they define us, but, they really don't.
    What we do is what defines us.
    At the end of the film the main character tells us..
    Quote My mind is human, my body is manufactured. I'm the first of my kind, but, I won't be the last. (She repeats the previous quote). My ghost survived to remind the next of us that humanity is our virtue. I know who I am.
    With the overall message, as I understood it, being that humanity is above and beyond any kind of 'enhancement' from technology. I'm sure it depends on your perspective, there will likely be a lot of people ready to embrace the idea of implants and enhancement not realising the long term result is likely to be a negative.
    I thought it was an unsettling article too. I came away from it wondering, yet again, are we in a simulated reality game being played out by our future selves?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Chester (10th May 2017), Ewan (9th May 2017), PurpleLama (9th May 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Morocco Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    of all the living organism on planet earth perhaps humans are the only ones afraid to lose a job.
    When someone tells me with a sad look on their face that they got laid off, I say "congratulations, lets celebrate" That elicits a big smile from most but they tell me I'm crazy. I tell them welcome to your rebirth process
    ISness is my business..

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basho For This Post:

Ahnung-quay (9th May 2017), Helene West (13th May 2017), starlight (11th May 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I read the original article yesterday. It made the hairs on the back of my neck rise. This idea that work is somehow going to disappear with the advent of robots and automation is ludicrous to me.

Work, as it is used in the article is really = earning money. Work will still need to be done. Unless they give us each our own personal robot, which only would be fair, you will still need to paint your house, repair your car, cut the grass, cook dinner... Not to mention the real work of creative potential that we all do in one form or another already.

It is the greedy, selfish, and short sighted mentally of this society, a society that cannot even be called a civilization yet, that has made work (read earning money) a necessity by monetizing everything on the planet.

It seems like a logical question to ask - what are we going to do to earn money? But the secret is that this is a meme implanted into our minds long ago, it is not a pertinent question. The question is now, how will we restructure society so that all are provided with the basic necessities without having to worry about earning money? Or even more pertinent: What are the global controllers planning to do with us, now they have rendered us useless?

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Atlas (10th May 2017), Chester (10th May 2017), Ewan (13th May 2017), Jake (14th May 2017), Justplain (10th May 2017), PurpleLama (9th May 2017), raff (13th May 2017), Satori (11th May 2017), ZShawn (3rd June 2017)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I read the original article yesterday. It made the hairs on the back of my neck rise. This idea that work is somehow going to disappear with the advent of robots and automation is ludicrous to me.

Work, as it is used in the article is really = earning money. Work will still need to be done. Unless they give us each our own personal robot, which only would be fair, you will still need to paint your house, repair your car, cut the grass, cook dinner... Not to mention the real work of creative potential that we all do in one form or another already.

It is the greedy, selfish, and short sighted mentally of this society, a society that cannot even be called a civilization yet, that has made work (read earning money) a necessity by monetizing everything on the planet.

It seems like a logical question to ask - what are we going to do to earn money? But the secret is that this is a meme implanted into our minds long ago, it is not a pertinent question. The question is now, how will we restructure society so that all are provided with the basic necessities without having to worry about earning money? Or even more pertinent: What are the global controllers planning to do with us, now they have rendered us useless?
    Isnt the question really 'how do we advance ourselves with our spare time?'? Then the question is 'what does advance mean?'. So, if one thinks that advancing oneself is to improve their consciousness, then the search goes on for that. Otherwise one might choose to advance oneself via cyborg augmentation, which is what transhumanists advocate. Choosing the first option is the only way to true freedom, our problem is following the path. Instinct tells me we already know the way home, we just need the patience to follow the path shown by the enlightened ones. The question is how many of us will have the patience.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Chester (10th May 2017), Ernie Nemeth (10th May 2017), Satori (11th May 2017)

32. Link to Post #17
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

in every society need to work but what are the purpose of work? why are we working? current time period we are working for survival, endless of materialism creating usless stuff or creating same stuff over and over agian....ect.

I still can't understand why we have so many people unemployed and not many jobs out there. with proper system having job allocation we can weekly hours work less than 20, damn sad seeing engineering students unemployed or a friend of mind who you can be trusted unemployed. We need new system what ever you want to called it, a system of Socially Own.

what happen if we have Automated Government? Do we need Government in 100 years time when we have achieve advance AI? we in here have heard about time travel or secret space program on AI control the world or AI manage the world.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (10th May 2017)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

The Province of Ontario ( Canada) is test piloting a guaranteed minimum income project of about $1600/month. Everyone would get the money monthly.
    The discussion is about "dignity" and valuing everyone.
    This will totally eviscerate the government administrators for Welfare, Pensions, Student loans/supports, Disability pensions etc. That is A LOT of people to lose their jobs.

I tend to think that it is about appeasing the masses who will not have much work in the future. Now taking this further we note that Australia has threatened to remove payments to parents who do not vaccinate their children and the same if they fail drug tests for welfare/child state funds.

Further again, what type of ID would be necessary? Well banking accounts is one and most people here use bank debit cards, not cash. As it is easy to track individual purchases with use of debit cards.....hopefully we do not go above any "quota" for "unapproved foods" be it candy or meats. Other ID could be....a payment microchip implanted?

What other "demands"will be made of for "free money"........
    Only ONE child for you!
    Did you take your flu vaccine?
    You must quit smoking/drinking
    Buy more brussel sprouts and GMO corn...you are not getting enough "vegetables" in your diet.

Just some thoughts I believe are worth sharing.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (10th May 2017), Helene West (13th May 2017), Justplain (12th May 2017), raff (13th May 2017)

36. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Again, the idea is not deep enough. You can't go half way. If you want to support the people by supplying their basic needs, the first thing that has to go is money. It has no place in such a system. All items are supplied freely to all. It takes an entirely new mind-set to grasp the basic and fundamental difference.

The problem is we think we are broke and that commodities are scarce, when nothing could be further from the truth. Scarcity is engineered.

We are, as a planet of individuals, richer than our wildest dreams can imagine. Just witness the trillions pulled out of thin air to prop up the corporations and banks back during the latest financial collapse. When they are hurting money comes out of nowhere to save the day (you can argue it did not come from nowhere and that the bailout will cost generations many times that number but the money is false and it is created as needed when needed).That is that incredible wealth that we have amassed but that is being artfully stolen from the wealth-builders - the workers.

In other words, the wealth is there but it has been successfully stolen and then cunningly hidden from public view. The PTB are not broke, only we are, by design.

Like I said, we are rich beyond our wildest dreams, but money has subverted that wealth from its rightful owners - US! Get rid of money, parse out everything evenly and without predudice, watch this planet blossom into a utopia.

Or just never mind and let's get up and go to work...

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bruno (11th May 2017), leavesoftrees (11th May 2017), LoneWolf76 (11th May 2017), raff (13th May 2017), starlight (11th May 2017)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

Seems to align with agendas 21 and 30...we own nothing and we are "free"

not buying it!

I can't even "own" a private email between myself and my mother without someone storing it, reading it or advertising to me about it.....
    Last edited by CurEus; 11th May 2017 at 19:38.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Jake (14th May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast