+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The SENTIENT WORLD Program: how the agencies model and predict the future

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Post Re: The SENTIENT WORLD Program: how the agencies model and predict the future

Somewhere I read that they try to simulate and predict the "Cause and Effect" with the experiments on LHC [Large Hardon Collider] ...

Now a OffTopic question [Ignore if it bothers you]:

Q. So are we already in;
    i> Some kind of THE MATRIX/PRISON PLANET Situation ???
    OR ii> If we continue this way, someday we have to face it !!!
    "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
    ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,433 times in 8,340 posts

Default Re: The SENTIENT WORLD Program: how the agencies model and predict the future

Quote Posted by morninglight69 (here)
    Somewhere I read that they try to simulate and predict the "Cause and Effect" with the experiments on LHC [Large Hardon Collider] ...

Now a OffTopic question [Ignore if it bothers you]:

Q. So are we already in;
    i> Some kind of THE MATRIX/PRISON PLANET Situation ???
    OR ii> If we continue this way, someday we have to face it !!!
    In my opinion ?.......

Neither, quite, but I'll refer you to this very short post of mine in another thread.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1151847
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

3. Link to Post #23
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: The SENTIENT WORLD Program: how the agencies model and predict the future

Quote Posted by omg (here)
    [...]
    ... well meaning or not, something is severely wrong with agreeing to proliferate data that no one can gain access to or substantiate personally, even if it seems credible....
    [...]

???

Quote Posted by omg (here)
    [...]
    Quote if you’re already thinking this fellow is either a pathological liar or several croutons short of a salad, it gets much worse. The more i find out about dr. Deagle, the more astonished i am that he can actually function in society. Clearly, there is no ceiling for the high strangeness that he continually pulls out of his ass. It just gets crazier and crazier.
    [...]
    Ad hominem arguments in lieu of a factually substantiated opinion... great!
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Chester (12th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #24
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Anyway... many are working hard at improving accuracy of automated profiling:

Chinese professor defends criminal facial-recognition study after Google scoffing

RT
    Thu, 11 May 2017 12:15 UTC

© Cornell University Library / arxiv.org

A Chinese professor's study on revealing criminals based on their facial features has been lambasted by Google researchers, who described it as "deeply problematic, both ethically and scientifically."

Shanghai Jiao Tong University computer science Professor Wu Xiaolin said that the Google scientists read something into the research that simply isn't there and started their "name-calling," the South China Morning Post reported.

"Their charge of scientific racism was groundless," Wu added, saying that his work was taken out of context and that he was just eager to share his findings with the public.

In the research, Wu and his student Zhang Xi described machines that could figure out if someone was a criminal, basing on the analysis on nearly 2,000 Chinese state ID pictures of criminals and non-criminals.

In particular, the Chinese researchers based their research on "race, gender and age," and noted that "the faces of law-abiding members of the public have a greater degree of resemblance compared with the faces of criminals." For example, criminals tended to have eyes that were closer together, they added: "the distance between two eye inner corners for criminals is slightly narrower (5.6%) than for non-criminals."

All of the photos are of people between 18 and 55 years old who lack facial hair, facial scars or other obvious markings. Seven hundred and thirty of the images are labeled 'criminals', while the others are'non-criminals'.

The study was submitted to Cornell University Library's arXiv resource, a repository for scientific papers, last November.

However, the harsh reaction of Google researchers came only last week, when they said they found the Chinese scientists' findings "deeply problematic, both ethically and scientifically." They likened Wu's study to physiognomy, the practice of judging a person's character by their facial features, which is considered a pseudoscience by modern scholars.

"In one sense, it's nothing new. However, the use of modern machine learning (which is both powerful and, to many, mysterious) can lend these old claims new credibility," Google researchers Blaise Aguera y Arcas and Margaret Mitchell, and Princeton University Psychology Professor Alexander Todorov, wrote in the paper published online.

Google scientists showed six examples of 'criminals' and 'non-criminals', noting that the latter seem to be smiling and the supposed 'criminals' were frowning.

© Cornell University Library / arxiv.org

What the Chinese scientists' findings show is the "inaccuracy and systematic unfairness of many human judgments, including official ones made in a criminal justice context."

Google researchers also note the unlikely accuracy rate of the study (about 90 percent), citing another paper, "a well-controlled" study carried out in 2015 by computer vision researchers Gil Levi and Tal Hassner using a convolutional neural net with the same architecture as the Chinese scientists (AlexNet). The net was only able to guess the gender of a face with an accuracy of 86.8 percent.
    Last edited by Hervé; 11th May 2017 at 13:45.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (11th May 2017), Bill Ryan (11th May 2017), Chester (12th May 2017), Justplain (12th May 2017), Kryztian (11th May 2017), Nasu (11th May 2017), syrwong (11th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #25
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

... and:

Emotion reading: Technology that claims to spot criminals Before they act

Cara McGoogan The Telegraph
    Wed, 10 May 2017 12:37 UTC

NTechLabs has created emotion recognition software that could be added to CCTV cameras

Emotion reading technology could soon be used by police after a Russian firm created a tool that can identify people in a crowd and tell if they are angry, stressed or nervous.

The software, created by NTechLab, can monitor citizens for suspicious behaviour by tracking identity, age, gender and current emotional state. It could be used to pre-emptively stop criminals and potential terrorists.

"The recognition gives a new level of security in the street because in a couple of seconds you can identify terrorists or criminals or killers," said Alexander Kabakov, NTechLab chief executive.

The emotion recognition tool is a new part of NTechLab's facial recognition software, which made the headlines last year when it was used to power the FindFace app that can track down anyone on Russian social network VKontakte from a photo.

The identification app claims to have reconnected long-lost friends and family members, as well as helped police solve two cold cases and identify criminals.

© EGOR TSVETKOV/BIRD IN FLIGHT

Russian photographer Egor Tsvetkov's project YOUR FACE IS BIG DATA located strangers on public transport using FindFace

Adding the emotion element, which has an accuracy rate of more than 94 per cent according to the company, could give the software real-time crime fighting capabilities.

NTechLab retains an aura of secrecy around its clients, which include security firms and retail businesses. But it is reportedly working with Moscow city government to add the recognition software to the capital's 150,000 CCTV cameras.

The company refused to comment on where the technology is being applied. "The use case mentioned is generally for CCTV cameras and there's nothing confirmed with Moscow," it said.

Kabakov said he doesn't see any privacy problems resulting from the technology as it will be added to existing security systems and cameras.

"If the street didn't have cameras I could understand people might have some concerns, but now on every street you have cameras," he said. "If you're in a public space, you have no privacy."

He added that the expectation of privacy has disappeared with the advent of smartphones. "Now, with smartphones, we don't have privacy because phones know so much about you, including your behaviour and location," he said.

NTechLab also announced that it has raised $1.5 million (£1.2m), which it will use for research and development. It hopes to create more real world and cloud applications for the facial and emotion recognition software.

The Moscow-based NTechLab has more than 2,000 customers in countries including the UK, US, Australia, China and India.

It isn't the only company to have created such technology, but it has won two university awards for accurate face and emotion recognition, beating competition from the likes of Google and Facebook. Most recently it won the University of Ohio's EmotionNet challenge.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (11th May 2017), Bill Ryan (11th May 2017), Chester (11th May 2017), Nasu (11th May 2017), syrwong (11th May 2017)

9. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,782 times in 2,666 posts

After comparing the criminal/uncriminal pictures, it made me laugh as looking at political pictures, would one trust any of those 'in charge'?
    However, those of 'certain behaviours' tend to identify themselves via 'cult' self-presentation, ie shaven heads/tattoos/piercings etc in some cultures.
    Fascinating subject, as those who may 'aspire' to 'fit in' may be totally innocent.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Hervé (12th May 2017), Nasu (11th May 2017)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

I have to say that Mr. Corbett hits the nail on the head, that the social stigma on the public about having nothing to hide is the opposite of the justification of government agencies for keeping their snooping tech secret for 'security' reasons.

Now, for Deagle's claims in the other video in the OP, i have to wonder how he defends the failure of so many of his predictions from 2006 not coming true, such as the avian flu becoming a pandemic, or the world was coming to an end in 2007. He does pump some products and his radio show, but i dont see him trying to make a lot of money from fear mongering. But that is what he does in this presentation, almost every statement is meant to inspire fear, from what i can see. However, he does raise many, many interesting points that we know generally to be true, like the underground tunnels/bases, the moon and mars bases, the mass surveilance system using quantum computers, that hiv and other diseases were engenieered by the cabal, that vaccinations are ill intended, that drug running funded the ssp, etc., etc. This was eleven years ago, too. So, although i dont like the way Deagle presents his material (too rushed and fear driving), the extent of his accuracy is astounding on a wide variety of subjects.

I can see Sam's point about how getting through this stuff can be liberating. I dont fear it anymore, i dont know why. I actually appreciate life more. I just like having a better understanding of how the world may actually be running. After seeing 9/11 we all should know why we need a greater understanding. After seeing Macron, a rothchild protege come out of nowhere to become the French president it doesnt take much thought to comprehend the implications.

So i can tolerate the negative news, i just wont spend all day wallowing in it.
    Last edited by Justplain; 12th May 2017 at 03:23.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Alekahn2 (13th May 2017), Bill Ryan (12th May 2017), Chester (12th May 2017), Hervé (12th May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2