+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UV light at dangerous levels causing serious sunburn

1. Link to Post #21
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Default Re: UV light at dangerous levels causing serious sunburn

Lifebringer ,
    The recycling of waste matter and water might be the technical challenge most difficult to solve while living in a small hole in the ground. An underground garden will require a huge area and many solar panels. Can you successfully keep a well-shaded garden outside? Do you plan nighttime "EVAs" to tend the garden and clean the solar panels? Maybe you are not concerned about marauders - expecting the UV to kill them all.

I expect that a successful long-term underground retreat would require the cooperation of many families in a very large man-made or natural cavern. You would need a power source. The bees might not survive without the sun. You would have to pollinate your plants by hand - which might be better anyway as you could be more selective. My bias is that low level mountains such as the Ozarks are a better location. Chose a location with a natural spring. Be at least 100 miles from any large bodies of water and at least 500 feet above sea level. Stay away from the New Madrid zone and away from the large area between Galveton, Texas and Omaha, Nebraska. Stay away from the Midcontinent Rrift System. (Look it up.) The Earth is expected to go through some very traumatic times in the very near future.

These are just a few quick reaction thoughts. Please post when you have this setup. Use a VPN to disguise the location.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd May 2017), Bruno (23rd May 2017), Bubu (22nd May 2017), happyuk (22nd May 2017), Nasu (23rd May 2017), RunningDeer (22nd May 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd May 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 times in 404 posts

The material I have read on the magnetic pole shift predicts steadily increasing UV penetration and a steady increase in melanoma. It looks like the negative effects of the magnetic pole shift are well underway.

And 2 thumbs up on protecting your eyes and using a higher grade of sunblock. I am into amateur astronomy and have been keen to protect my eyes for more than 15 years now. I have worn Revo sunglasses since the year 2000. The two best brands of sunglasses out there are Revo and Maui Jim. Nothing else comes close. Revo was started by a couple of men who worked for NASA to develop the gold sunvisor/sunshield on astronaut helmets. They left to start Revo. If you go Revo, get an older pair from Fleabay before Luxottica bought the company. Also, a pair with "H20" on the lenses means they are polarized. I do not know how good the sunglasses from REI are now. They used to be quite good. I have an old pair of Revo gold coated sunglasses from the year 2000. They say Japan on them. Wouldn't leave home without them.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd May 2017), Bruno (23rd May 2017), Bubu (22nd May 2017), DNA (25th May 2017), Nasu (23rd May 2017), RunningDeer (23rd May 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd May 2017), Wind (23rd May 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Germany Avalon Member
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Hi Bill, you just have to be careful with those sunblock creams you are using. Most of them are doing more damage than good, up to cancers. I have been successfully trying shea butter and argan oil on my skin while I was in the sun. These oils are also hydrating which is a good thing when exposing the skin to the drying effect of the sun.
    Would you please share with us the sunblocks you are using up in the mountains.
    Thanks.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris411 For This Post:

Bruno (23rd May 2017), Bubu (22nd May 2017), RunningDeer (23rd May 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Folks, protect your eyes. high grade and oversized sunglasses are not an option. They are necessary.
    Yep!

I still have that same pair of glacier-quality glasses. (Those photos were taken in Norway in 2004. At indoor light levels, they're like blackouts.) They're almost impossible to find, now.

Hey Bill, do you notice on sunny days when its cool out, if standing still in direct sunlight do you get a different kind of sun burn ??? ( at higher elevations ) ... curious
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Bruno (23rd May 2017), Bubu (22nd May 2017), RunningDeer (23rd May 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

It is the same down here in the Philippines. The odd thing is that we have a good portion of rainfall but still haven't feel this heat before. I thought I am having some problems with health as may body has difficulty cooling down and cant work long under the sun as I use to do.
    Last edited by Bubu; 23rd May 2017 at 00:21.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bruno (23rd May 2017), RunningDeer (23rd May 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd May 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Sun block is carcinogenic. Try coconut oil

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedood73 For This Post:

Bruno (23rd May 2017), Bubu (23rd May 2017), fourty-two (24th May 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thedood73 (here)
    agree. we use coconut oil with bees wax for better result.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bruno (23rd May 2017), fourty-two (24th May 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd May 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

I spent most of my childhood out side and never burned. (1970's to early 80's) I got my fist burn in my late teens. I can't believe how quickly I can burn now. Even my father who is quite dark, native ancestry, has to be careful in recent years. He still farms and so he spends a lot of time outside.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

CurEus (24th May 2017), DNA (25th May 2017), Ewan (23rd May 2017), fourty-two (24th May 2017), RunningDeer (23rd May 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd May 2017), ZShawn (30th May 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,006 times in 904 posts

I stopped wearing sun glasses some years ago when it became apparent that there is a relationship between the sublight entering the eyes and sun burns
    ie. if your eyes detect a lower level of light induced by sun shades your skin isnt ready for the actual light levels
    I think it was Dr Mercola who had a video on it

I havent burned since....

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bruno (23rd May 2017), Bubu (24th May 2017), Carmody (24th May 2017), Eram (23rd May 2017), RunningDeer (23rd May 2017), StandingWave (23rd May 2017), thedood73 (23rd May 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd May 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rhah (here)
    Very interesting! Thanks for sharing, Thedood.
    Over the past four weeks I actually got sunburned quite badly three or four times after being out in the garden for only a few hours doing some minor gardening. Granted, I forgot to put on sunblock, which was stupid of me, but I used to never get sunburned this easily, especially not in April-May, so I just didn't really think about it.

Yesterday I was playing football with my nephew out in the field for maybe an hour max, and when we got home my nose and forehead were bright red. And still are today. I just couldn't believe it!
    As a kid I was able to stay out in the sun for hours on end without getting sunburned but getting extremely tanned instead. Whereas right now it seems I can't be out in the sun for even an hour without getting badly sunburned.

Higher UV levels would certainly explain that.
    Yes Rhah. We need to spread the word on this and warn people to protect themselves serious burns are not good especially for children who know no better and only realise when its too late. Of course there's the carcinogenic aspect as well, plus the fact that UV can actually damage our DNA... mutations could become a reality if these ultra-high UV levels continue on a long term basis. I've felt increased heat/radiation from the Sun for last 2 years at least but only recently found out about the high UV readings. Makes me wonder how long its been high and rising, how much have we already been exposed to...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedood73 For This Post:

Bruno (24th May 2017), RunningDeer (23rd May 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meat suit (here)
    I stopped wearing sun glasses some years ago when it became apparent that there is a relationship between the sublight entering the eyes and sun burns
    ie. if your eyes detect a lower level of light induced by sun shades your skin isnt ready for the actual light levels
    I think it was Dr Mercola who had a video on it

I havent burned since....
    My body comes first before eyes. I can wear body protection without sunglasses but cant wear eyeglasses without wearing long sleeves. its simply uncomfortable, Now I see the logic.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bruno (24th May 2017), Nan (24th May 2017), RunningDeer (24th May 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

You should see my poor washing pegs. They just break so easily now; even when put in the shade after use.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

Bruno (24th May 2017), fourty-two (24th May 2017), RunningDeer (24th May 2017), thedood73 (29th May 2017)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Pardon me, but what are "washing pegs"?!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

7alon (24th May 2017), RunningDeer (24th May 2017), Wind (24th May 2017)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,950 times in 2,388 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Pardon me, but what are "washing pegs"?!
    Clothespin, clothespeg

7alon: try wooden ones.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

7alon (24th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th May 2017), RunningDeer (24th May 2017)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by 7alon (here)
    You should see my poor washing pegs. They just break so easily now; even when put in the shade after use.
    Perhaps it's a combination of sun and profit? I purchased a new batch of clothes pins this spring. By comparison from the 1970's, now they're cut from a lightweight stock, use thinner hardware and are smaller in size. It's by design. Cuz, a quality product interferes with their bottom line.

20 years old vs weeks old

Last edited by RunningDeer; 24th May 2017 at 18:38.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

7alon (24th May 2017), Bruno (24th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th May 2017), ThePythonicCow (24th May 2017)

31. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Got it!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

RunningDeer (24th May 2017)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member Jay Freeman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by IChingUChing (here)
    p.s. I have wondered for a long time whether the increase in intensity of the sun's rays is partly due to the hole in the ozone layer.

Some may remember how prominently the ozone layer hole was reported on at the end of the 80's/beginning of the 90's and then nothing...

Last year a friend who works pruning apple trees was telling me that they have been seeing sunburn on fruit and leaves here in Germany. Not sure if that is something new or not but I never noticed or heard of sunburn on plants in western europe before.
    I do remember what was said about the ozone being depleted. I also seem to recall the admonitions not to use aerosol spray cans, but I have not heard a word about it since. I have been wondering about what's going on with the sun as well. However, not another soul that I have mentioned my observations to had noticed anything unusual. I live in SoCal so most people here spend a lot of time indoors. But I love being outdoors with my trees, plants and garden. I planted a number of fruit trees in my yard about five or six years ago, but being a fruit tree caretaker was a new experience. About three years ago, I noticed that all my persimmons were sunburned. They had big brown spots on the side facing the sun. I had never seen anything like it before. Each summer since then, it's been the same. None of the other fruit trees seemed burned, though they have exhibited other oddities. Then I noticed how quickly my own skin got burned. A few a days ago when I was out there, I noticed that the sun just felt hotter. It was somehow different. Usually on a hot day, the air itself feels hot. But I noticed that the air was not hot, but the sun itself was quite hot. Something is different, but I wondered if it was just my imagination. Anyway, I was glad to come across this thread and see that it's not my imagination, because the descriptions here are exactly the same as my own thoughts were.
    “The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life.” ~Vasudev

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay Freeman For This Post:

Bruno (26th May 2017), RunningDeer (25th May 2017), thedood73 (29th May 2017)

35. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,729 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Quote Posted by thedood73 (here)
    agree. we use coconut oil with bees wax for better result.

Retin A is what you have to look out for with sunscreens it is a highly known carcinogenic and to a lesser extent titanium dioxide, although less so with the titanium dioxide believe it or not. Never use Retin A!
    Coconut oil and bees wax are a good base for making sunscreen but they act only as the base, active natural ingredients that add an actual SPF would be carrot seed oil and Myrrh. Carrot seed oil is the absolute best and Myrrh much less so.
    My wife makes this for our family, she is the best. We make a good team, I expose her to information and she makes the actual practical applications.
    We buy the carrot seed oil on Amazon and if folks are interested I'm sure my wife will give me her recipe if folks want to PM me for it.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bruno (26th May 2017), meat suit (25th May 2017), RunningDeer (25th May 2017)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

Very good points, folks! I shall use only wooden pegs, not plastic ones from now on

Good news down under, the UV is quite low at the moment. It is the last few days of autumn here, and it currently averages at 2-3.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

Bruno (26th May 2017), RunningDeer (25th May 2017)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,006 times in 904 posts

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

RunningDeer (27th May 2017), thedood73 (29th May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast