+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zeitgeist: Books, Movies & Music with Messages from Our Collective Unconscious

1. Link to Post #1
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Default Zeitgeist: Books, Movies & Music with Messages from Our Collective Unconscious

An Anthony Peake interview introduced me to the idea of the Zeitgeist, humanity's collective unconscious, and how it tries to communicate with us via books, movies, music and other art. I think it's fascinating. As each of us as individuals has a higher self that drops us clues, then it could be that our collective "us" can also send us messages to help us along our path. Peake, as examples, pointed to the movies "Vanilla Sky" and "Groundhog Day," along with many of the works of sci-fi author Philip K. Dick.

I hope this thread can produce a healthy list of books, movies, and music that members feel contain a message from our collective unconscious, as well as generate a healthy discussion on the meanings of these works. You can even include a sentence or two summarizing the main message. I imagine there could be some overlap with links posted in the favorite movie and music threads. (If this is not ok, moderators, then I have no problem with you deleting the thread.)

I begin the thread by sharing a song/video, which I posted last night in the "My Favorite Music" thread because I did not know where else to put it. It's called "Amen," by the band Enigma and released in 2016. I felt extremely moved by it, by the symbolism, which I'm still trying to figure out, and the lyrics, which seem to suggest that humanity is rising from its fallen state.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd May 2017), Bluegreen (23rd May 2017), Bruno (23rd May 2017), EFO (22nd May 2017), justntime2learn (22nd May 2017), leavesoftrees (24th May 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd May 2017), Omi (23rd May 2017), Open your eyes (23rd May 2017), RawLove (23rd May 2017), StandingWave (15th June 2017), toppy (22nd May 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,881 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: Zeitgeist: Books, Movies & Music with Messages from Our Collective Unconscious

I first began to "wake up" watching Zeitgeist.

Thank you LadyM

"The rebel inside a mind of my own
    I haven't felt right since the moment that I gave up
    I challenged my limits, I'm feeling I'm becoming limitless
    I take it all and inhale

I'm wide awake
    I open my eyes and the sky's so blue
    All of a sudden I know that I treasure my life
    I find myself wide awake like you

The struggle within now I understand
    Freedom begins when you get out of the cage you built
    It looks like I'm crazy but I know I'm not the only one
    To believe in myself, believe in myself, I won't becoming undone

'Cause I feel like I'm wide awake

I'm wide awake
    Like you"~ Lacuna Coil

Last edited by justntime2learn; 22nd May 2017 at 23:26. Reason: Thank you added
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd May 2017), EFO (25th May 2017), Noelle (23rd May 2017), RawLove (23rd May 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Zeitgeist: Books, Movies & Music with Messages from Our Collective Unconscious

Quote Posted by justntime2learn (here)

Thank you LadyM

I take it all and inhale

I'm wide awake

I'm wide awake
    Like you"~ Lacuna Coil

I have not seen "Zeitgeist" yet, but I want to. It must be good if it helped get your awakening going. Thanks for posting this music video with the lyrics. I like it!
    Last edited by Noelle; 23rd May 2017 at 02:55.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

EFO (25th May 2017), justntime2learn (23rd May 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)

Thank you LadyM

I take it all and inhale

I'm wide awake

I'm wide awake
    Like you"~ Lacuna Coil

I have not seen "Zeitgeist" yet, but I want to. It must be good if he helped get your awakening going. Thanks for posting this music video with the lyrics. I like it!
    There are several but this is the first I watched years ago.

Has anyone else seen it? If so, what are your thoughts?

Here is another version per request of LadyM:

And another:

Last edited by justntime2learn; 23rd May 2017 at 23:03. Reason: Added links
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

EFO (25th May 2017), Noelle (23rd May 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thank you LadyM

I take it all and inhale

I'm wide awake

I'm wide awake
    Like you"~ Lacuna Coil

I have not seen "Zeitgeist" yet, but I want to. It must be good if he helped get your awakening going. Thanks for posting this music video with the lyrics. I like it!

I will watch it tomorrow Thanks for posting it here.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

EFO (25th May 2017), justntime2learn (23rd May 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

You are most welcome LadyM.

I was born awake and not like most others. One instance is that my parents and my Catholic school attempted to "indoctrinate" me over and over again, making me accept the status quo. Things simply didn't make scene (or add up) in my head, no matter how hard they tried to convince me that war was necessary. In some cases I was told wars could be waged "In the name of God". What about "though shalt not kill"? No one could explain it and it never added up in my head. This is just one instance of many.

About two years after I left the Church I stumbled onto the video. Several subjects are covered from religion to the federal reserve.

Let me know what you think and thank you

Here are a couple short clips of the movie for those that don't have 2 hours and are curious if they want to give it that much time. There's much more than these two samples:

Cheers, Chuck
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 23rd May 2017 at 23:10. Reason: Added video clips

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bruno (23rd May 2017), EFO (25th May 2017), Krist (23rd May 2017), Noelle (23rd May 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

You are most welcome LadyM.

I was born awake and not like most others. One instance is my parents and Catholic school attempted over and over making me accept the status quo but, it simply didn't make scene (or add up) in my head. No matter how hard they tried to convince me war was necessary and in some cases I was told "In the name of God". What about "though shalt not kill"? No one could explain it and it never added up in my head. This is just one instance of many.

About two years after I left the Church I stumbled onto the video. Several subjects are covered from religion to the federal reserve.

Let me know what you think and thank you

Cheers, Chuck
    Thanks, Chuck. I imagine most of us here started awakening early in our lives, whether it be questioning reality or reading the right book or watching the right movie. I started doubting a lot of what I was told decades ago, especially about religion, but there was no Internet back then, no place to go or no one to reach out to. Then after a metaphysical experience (OBE), it was like a big alarm clock going off in my mind, and thankfully the Internet had arrived and I could quickly learn about what I was experiencing and reach out to others experiencing the same thing.

I sure will let you know about my reaction to the film.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bruno (23rd May 2017), EFO (25th May 2017), justntime2learn (23rd May 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Thank you LadyM

I take it all and inhale

I'm wide awake

I'm wide awake
    Like you"~ Lacuna Coil

Here is another version per request of LadyM:

And another:

I watched and am glad I did. It reminded me of the Esoteric Agenda in format and with some content, but it definitely expanded on certain aspects. In the film, they describe the Zeitgeist as something "manufactured" by those in control. The Zeitgeist that Anthony Peake talks about is the "World Spirit," or humanity's collective unconscious that is like the muses of ancient Greece, whispering information in the minds of creators of poems, novels, screenplays and songs for the masses. This information, according to my take on Peake's meaning, are clues for humanity on the true nature of reality.

For those interested, here's the Peake interview that I watched:

Anthony Peake -- "The Man Who Remembered the Future" - Philip K. Dick ~ The Plane Truth

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

EFO (25th May 2017), justntime2learn (24th May 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

I'm so glad it was worth your time LadyM.

You are quite insightful and helped me to see things and ask questions I hadn't before.
    I'm always learning

I'll look at your video shortly.

Many Blessings and Thank You

"Could these flashes of intuition, clarity and creativity be proof that Tesla was indeed being contacted by extraterrestrial beings who were in a sense feeding him information? when we look back into our history, practically prophets of the past received information the same way."?

Source:http://www.ancient-code.com/nikola-t...behind-genius/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

EFO (25th May 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

An Anthony Peake interview introduced me to the idea of the Zeitgeist, humanity's collective unconscious, and how it tries to communicate with us via books, movies, music and other art. I think it's fascinating. As each of us as individuals has a higher self that drops us clues, then it could be that our collective "us" can also send us messages to help us along our path. Peake, as examples, pointed to the movies "Vanilla Sky" and "Groundhog Day," along with many of the works of sci-fi author Philip K. Dick.

I hope this thread can produce a healthy list of books, movies, and music that members feel contain a message from our collective unconscious, as well as generate a healthy discussion on the meanings of these works. You can even include a sentence or two summarizing the main message. I imagine there could be some overlap with links posted in the favorite movie and music threads. (If this is not ok, moderators, then I have no problem with you deleting the thread.)

I begin the thread by sharing a song/video, which I posted last night in the "My Favorite Music" thread because I did not know where else to put it. It's called "Amen," by the band Enigma and released in 2016. I felt extremely moved by it, by the symbolism, which I'm still trying to figure out, and the lyrics, which seem to suggest that humanity is rising from its fallen state.

More about this song/video "Amen": It comes from Enigma's latest album, "Fall of a Rebel Angel," released 27 years after the project's (band's) debut album. Many say the song "Amen" is Enigma's best. I feel that this song is from humanity's collective unconscious because it moved me and many, many others, often to tears. When I first watched it, I actually felt the vibrations in my heart and head region. I also think it talks to us as individuals and as a collective of souls in this reality. So, in my opinion, the character in the video can be you as well as represent all of humanity, if, indeed, humanity is the "fallen angels."

Some symbols and motifs from the video that I think have meaning:

The orb - Looks like the moon, an artificial moon (maybe paper)
    The torch - A symbol with many meanings (victory, illumination, hope, divine love, etc.)
    Ashes - The ashes of the fallen angels, or humans in their fallen state
    Orion's Belt - Seen often throughout the video, even the oil well fires are in the Orion's Belt pattern
    Standing stones scene - Our spiritual heritage? And the image on the ground looks like ancient representation of an extraterrestrial being
    The character's walking direction - moves in the same direction or toward some of the clips of our past self-destructiveness and yet walks away from the bomb
    That energetic field the torch busts through -- Unsure ... any ideas?
    Paper lanterns rising - Leaving our fallen state

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bluegreen (3rd June 2017), EFO (25th May 2017), justntime2learn (25th May 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I'm so glad it was worth your time LadyM.

You are quite insightful and helped me to see things and ask questions I hadn't before.
    I'm always learning

I'll look at your video shortly.

Many Blessings and Thank You

"Could these flashes of intuition, clarity and creativity be proof that Tesla was indeed being contacted by extraterrestrial beings who were in a sense feeding him information? when we look back into our history, practically prophets of the past received information the same way."?

Source:http://www.ancient-code.com/nikola-t...behind-genius/
    Thanks for your nice words! On your question, they could be two different things. Tesla may have been channeling information from beings outside of our reality. The "World Spirit" may be the Akashic field, or zero point field. Then again, they could be related or the same. Once we know for certain the real nature of our reality, the hologram that we exist in, we will have more answers.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

EFO (25th May 2017), justntime2learn (25th May 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

@ LadyM and justntime2learn

In the following pictures I want to show you how symbolism has developed during time in Timisoara my native city in the place now called Liberty Square.

Before the WW I was called Prince Eugen Square (Prinz Eugen Platz - from German)...ground view - the image is dated 05 October 1899:

This second image is the same place before WW II.In its middle is a triangle with a spiky monument on the down side of the triangle which for me looks like the triangle with the all see eye:

The third and fourth images are how the Square looked before WW II until 2015.All symbols are gone (the triangle is "smashed" in a few pieces).
    Aerial view:

and ground view

In 2015 it became a "target":

It is very obvious how symbolism evolve between at least 1899 and 2015.
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bluegreen (3rd June 2017), Bruno (26th May 2017), justntime2learn (25th May 2017), Noelle (25th May 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EFO (here)
    @ LadyM and justntime2learn

In the following pictures I want to show you how symbolism has developed during time in Timisoara my native city in the place now called Liberty Square.

Before the WW I was called Prince Eugen Square (Prinz Eugen Platz - from German)...ground view - the image is dated 05 October 1899:

This second image is the same place before WW II.In its middle is a triangle with a spiky monument on the down side of the triangle which for me looks like the triangle with the all see eye:

The third and fourth images are how the Square looked before WW II until 2015.All symbols are gone (the triangle is "smashed" in a few pieces).
    Aerial view:

and ground view

In 2015 it became a "target":

Incredible! The target symbol is puzzling to me, and not in a good way.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bruno (26th May 2017), EFO (25th May 2017), justntime2learn (25th May 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

Quote Posted by EFO (here)
    n 2015 it became a "target":

Incredible! The target symbol is puzzling to me, and not in a good way.
    I know and I understand you.
    Should I mention that on the lower and right side of the last photo are two military garrisons?
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bruno (26th May 2017), justntime2learn (25th May 2017), Noelle (25th May 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Until recently, I had no idea of the extent of humanity's connection to the Orion constellation, specifically Orion's Belt and the Orion Nebula. From prehistoric times to the present, structures have been built around the world to align with or in the pattern of Orion's Belt. Some examples that I have come across include Serpent Mound in Ohio; pyramid systems in Egypt, China, and Mexico; Washington D.C.'s National Mall area; and the former World Trade Center's main buildings. In most of these cases, I have to assume the structures were purposely (consciously) built to align with Orion's Belt. For whatever reason -- and there are different theories -- Orion's Belt must be important.

In many works of art, however, we see something from the "unconscious" that seems to suggest that the Orion Nebula is also important. Danny Wilten, who has a YouTube channel, has analyzed several works of art, including in cathedrals, and matches them to areas in the Orion Nebula, which was not discovered by telescope until November 1610. He argues that these are not instances of pareidolia; rather, they are repetitively pulled from our collective unconscious (zeitgeist) -- the primordial images or the ancient, deep thoughts of mankind (citing Carl Jung).

If interested in some of Wilten's research:

(1:22:18)

(43:49)

Some of the works that Wilten looks at:

Michelangelo - Creation of Adam (1511), matched to the human brain and Orion Nebula
    Michelangelo - Conversion of Saul (1542), matched to the Trapezium in Orion Nebula
    El Greco - Trinity (1577), matched to Trapezium
    El Greco - Adoration of the Name of Jesus (1580), matched to Trapezium
    Isenheim altarpiece (1515) - matched to Trapezium
    Mayan three hearthstones - Tapezium
    Nile River Delta - matches how the area looks today as a result of human development to the Trapezium (Wilten believes "pyramids were built to show us something larger.")

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bruno (16th June 2017), justntime2learn (15th June 2017), StandingWave (15th June 2017)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

The song “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” sung by Julie Garland in the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz, is considered one of the most iconic songs. It has been remade dozens and dozens of times since the year it was released. Is it a message from our collective unconscious? Maybe it is a reminder of a better place – our true home, possibly – that we seemingly can only experience in the dreams that we have in this reality.

“In the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy is wishing she could go home, wishes she could be anywhere but where she is right now. And, all along, home was right where she found it. All along, she had the power to be there when she chose it,” writes Laura Clark in “Your Someday Over the Rainbow is Now,” published on Sept. 25, 2014 in Aspire Magazine. In her article, Clark also makes some good points about the rainbow and its colors (how they correspond to our chakras).

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

justntime2learn (6th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread