+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Katy Perry's "Bon Appetit" new music video: spirit cooking? human sacrifice?

1. Link to Post #21
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,230 times in 3,216 posts

Default Re: Katy Perry's "Bon Appetit" new music video: spirit cooking? human sacrifice?

Quote Posted by bbow73 (here)
    [...] I see a victim that beats her oppressors. Maybe she's trying to subtly show mainstream audiences that this kind of elite inhumanity is real.
    Horrifying Yet Heroic Story Of Surviving Child Sex Trafficking

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

BMJ (31st May 2017), Bruno (30th May 2017), DNA (31st May 2017), drneglector (31st May 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,411 times in 1,719 posts

Default Re: Katy Perry's "Bon Appetit" new music video: spirit cooking? human sacrifice?

Quote Posted by Von Salätte (here)
    I was going to mention the VC articles on KP, Larry beat me to it.

KP looks to have been co-op'ed into the whole entertainment MK biz. Following the same pattern as the many that have gone before her. Good on her, I say, she had free will and chose the short term gain tactic, whatever works eh Katy.

What happens when she wants to cash-out though?
    She will not be able to cash-out, (See Eminem, Marshall Bruce Mathers III).

Her brand will be wrung for all it is worth until she cannot generate a profit anymore.

Then she will be put out to pasture or sacrificed at some point like George Michael or Prince.

George Michael well known for the song "Last Christmas" (I gave you my heart) and so he did on christmas day 2016 due to dilated cardiomyopathy.

And Prince died in elevator on 21st April 2016 to the elevator tune "Let's Go Crazy". Prince thought that elevator (the devil) would never take him down. On that day it did.

Some people in tptw have a twisted sense of humour?
    Last edited by BMJ; 31st May 2017 at 16:46.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Bluegreen (31st May 2017), Bruno (31st May 2017), DNA (1st June 2017), drneglector (31st May 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

ok, so I watched her documentary. I didn't see anything suspicious. There were a lot of teenagers and a couple of kids in the movie. it didn't mean anything to me, it just looked like pop world PR. This is a witch hunt, guilt by suspicion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

Bruno (1st June 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bbow73 (here)
    ok, so I watched her documentary. I didn't see anything suspicious. There were a lot of teenagers and a couple of kids in the movie. it didn't mean anything to me, it just looked like pop world PR. This is a witch hunt, guilt by suspicion.
    Hi bbow73, I wasn't suggesting there was anything suspicious in the documentary film its self, simply that Katy Perry, her music and products are marketed to children and that is evident in the film.

In general the video, disregarding any Illuminati or Satanic allusions is full of some pretty sick images with regards to women and sexuality in general. I posted the video because of the dark allusions contained in it though. I don't think this is about a witch hunt, at least not for me. Katy Perry is not the only pop star that uses this type of imagery, it just shocked me in a way that other music videos had not. Katy has many videos with Illuminati references and allusions, ET being another example. I don't claim to know why this is a theme that Katy or her PR team think is worth exploring repeatedly. There are only so many possibilities, some could include....

1) They think they are being provocative and shocking?
    2) They are simply following a current pop cultural trend?
    3) They are trying to expose a dark aspect of humanity.
    4) They are part of a group that is trying to normalize and glamorize this behavior.

Of course there are many possibilities.

I think that the images we see in the media, especially the main stream media have a lot of symbols and ideas that are there for a specific purpose. Maybe that purpose is only to sell CD's, music downloads and concerts. In this case, in my opinion, the images serve a larger purpose, what that purpose is and whether Katy is complicit in this is not known or understood by me which is why I made this thread.

I usually enjoy pop culture and I feel freedom expression is important, especially artistic expression. For me this video crossed a number of lines.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

Bluegreen (31st May 2017), BMJ (1st June 2017), uzn (31st May 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

okay, I think I get where you're coming from. I do think its cheap for an artist to be sexually provocative to critique objectification of women/children.... its stupid really. So, even if Perry or her art director is just naive or has bad taste I think there is an intent of aligning with raising awareness about the spirit cooking elite. Now, contrast this with someone like Lady Gaga who will portray herself as the predator and selling herself as a cool badass... there is something very not cool about Lady Gaga.

as far as the documentary goes, everyone has a different idea about placing adolescents in the 'child' or 'young adult' camp. As far as school age children listening to any pop music, I'd have to say it's a bad idea (Maroon 5, Black Eyed Peas, Kesha, all of them), its all over sexualization, materialism and vanity. At least teenagers have the ability to think critically about pop... even if only a small minority ever does (actually, I'll add college age people to that group). It's sad how few teenagers that are becoming sexually active know nothing about secure attachment or the consequences of poor impulse control. Maybe Katy Perry should sing some songs about that

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

Bluegreen (31st May 2017), Bruno (1st June 2017), MythKitty (31st May 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member MythKitty's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a line from a poem I wrote many years ago that's been running through my head for over a week: "Any poisons they make will be shared."

Although I can fully understand why someone might believe Katy Perry is promoting "evil" deeds, I think it's because they have missed the messages in her songs. The video from the OP, Bon Appetit, goes right along with the line that has been running through my mind. I see the video as her suggestion that the tables (literal tables in the video) will be turned. You surely know that one must reap what one sews? I think that's exactly the message of this video.

No, I don't like blatant displays of sexuality blaring across my television screen (that's why I don't watch television), but I think Katy Perry does what she deems necessary to get her message across. It's as if she's saying, "I know exactly what you are doing and it won't end well for you."
    "There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare, Hamlet
    "Is all that we see or seem, But a dream within a dream?" ~Edgar Allan Poe

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MythKitty For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd June 2017), BMJ (1st June 2017), Bruno (1st June 2017), uzn (31st May 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Quote Posted by MythKitty (here)
    There's a line from a poem I wrote many years ago that's been running through my head for over a week: "Any poisons they make will be shared."

Although I can fully understand why someone might believe Katy Perry is promoting "evil" deeds, I think it's because they have missed the messages in her songs. The video from the OP, Bon Appetit, goes right along with the line that has been running through my mind. I see the video as her suggestion that the tables (literal tables in the video) will be turned. You surely know that one must reap what one sews? I think that's exactly the message of this video.

No, I don't like blatant displays of sexuality blaring across my television screen (that's why I don't watch television), but I think Katy Perry does what she deems necessary to get her message across. It's as if she's saying, "I know exactly what you are doing and it won't end well for you."
    Sorry, mythkitten, i aint buying any innocence on KP's part. The video in the OP is too blatantly polished, with too many vulgar displays (look at her getting cooked), to have any redeeming quality. I would counter that the weak, short-lived, 'good overcomes evil' ending of this vid, which i found confused and indeterminant, was an attempt to distract the audience from the sublimated sex/slavery/murder/cannibalism poison they had just been fed. Believe me, the poisoned message has a much longer lasting subconscious impact than the fairytale ending.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd June 2017), BMJ (2nd June 2017), Bruno (1st June 2017), onawah (2nd June 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    the poisoned message has a much longer lasting subconscious impact than the fairytale ending.
    art is subjective to individual viewers, even bad art. when I'm offended by an expression I want to make it an absolute, but the problem is that after art is released to the public it generally becomes independent of the artist's intent. The best thing to do is what we are doing now, openly process the various inferences.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

BMJ (2nd June 2017), MythKitty (1st June 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,230 times in 3,216 posts

I Regret Eating My Placenta

Kardashian Placenta Meal
    Last edited by Atlas; 2nd June 2017 at 00:12.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

BMJ (2nd June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2