+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Corey Goode Factor as part of a Larger Reality

1. Link to Post #21
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

Default Re: The Corey Goode Factor as part of a Larger Reality

Quote Here's the super-condensed version of the saga. I believe this to be accurate.
    • Corey Goode was an Avalon member for a long time.
    • After he was interviewed in Sept-Oct 2014, he left the forum, became critically hostile to Avalon, and then very grossly embellished his previous story, seeking out David Wilcock to assist. Researcher and author Michael Salla has also promoted Corey's story. Many details of the story are generally held to be ridiculous and fantastical, and other parts plagiarized.
    • Wilcock and Gaia TV have now turned this (and Corey) into a money-making golden goose that they cannot afford to kill, unless the goose ceases to be an asset.
    • Genuine whistleblowers and careful researchers are now being in danger of being marginalized in the context of a marketing wave of populist comic-book promotion.
    • There is growing evidence that nefarious forces are at play, not just one person's [what some people see as] sociopathy.
    Been waiting for something like this. Since I've written how I've been waiting for a condensed list of factual claims against Corey and all of the hype and conspiracy agenda behind him.

• Corey's story expanded as his memories came back, etc. Bill makes it seem as if Corey is making it all up and yet has no "proof" that this is true. Not sure about the "plagiarism" charge. But for Corey to reach out to both Wilcock and Salla isn't a problem at all. It's natural to try to gain an audience and besides both of these individuals found sufficient grounds to support Corey. There's no wrong doing here at all. And what amazing UFO story isn't at some point rediculous sounding or fantastical. What type of 20th century human logic could even recognize with its current reasoning civilizations thousands of years in advance, higher dimensional beings, etc.
    • For Gaia, finding ways to make profit, market ideas and spread the message is what networks do. How is that a problem? And how does spreading Corey's information and UFO related subjects a bad thing? The ones getting the bad rap are clearly the Secret Gov and bad aliens. I see nothing wrong here.

• To my knowledge, Corey never claimed he could prove anything, so anything provable can't be hurt. All his story does is help the over all awareness of people about such topics. And for those interested in "proof" from "credible" people there will be those as well as those who don't look and just follow...same story always.
    • We'll all be waiting for the evidence/proof of these "nefarious forces". Cause right now all I'm seeing is danger and fear rattling with little substance.

My two cents...cheers.

Last edited by OMG; 31st May 2017 at 22:24.

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

There is NO blue aliens, WE want a savior, we get more HOPE, perhaps that is good enough for some, but not for me. I have a good life, a good "income" a great son and a great wife. But i (S-O-R-E-L-Y) want some answers. I truly believe in the idea that we have been visited, by BIOLOGIC entities from another part of the UNIVERSE, but quit feeding me BS to make "the powers that be" look good

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HiddenWaters For This Post:

Nan (31st May 2017)

4. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,790 times in 1,357 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by MythKitty (here)

Being new to all of this, I would LOVE to start with that as it's all a bit of a tangled, confusing mess.
    Yes, I really understand!
    Thank you.

What about David Wilcock's work prior to teeming up with Cory? I don't know much about him but I've heard so many people speak highly of him.
    Bulletpoint summary of David Wilcock: (bearing in mind that some of this is my personal opinion, but I do know quite a lot about him)

• He's done a lot of good work. He has a very high intellect, is very articulate, and a huge ability to retain and recall data. He is also a good author.
    • Kerry Cassidy and I did quite a lot (in Project Camelot) to bring him to prominence back in 2007-8. Although he was already a known figure, he was at that time talented, modest, and a little unsure of himself in some ways. He was also very supportive of Camelot in that period, and we appreciated that.
    • Many people on the net (and many here on the forum) will say that his ego and desire for fame has grown since then to the degree that he is respected and liked quite a lot less.
    • Money has always been important to him. As long ago as 2009, he would not speak at a conference for less than $5,000.
    • There's one thread (started by Weezer) where she documents how she was defrauded by him out of $10,000.
    • There are many other Avalon threads about him (search for 'Wilcock' in thread titles). Many point out that he has stated and predicted many things that are not true, or have not come about, ALL of which he appears to brush off.
    Crisp, the only thing I wanted to highlight was that on the last George Noorey show Beyond Belief on Gaia he did not entirely brush off the prediction of mass banker arrests, he balanced it off against something else a little but he pointed out that this stuff had turned out differently from what he had been writing and pointed out a lot.
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 31st May 2017 at 22:31.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Michelle Marie (8th June 2017)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 57,038 times in 8,429 posts

Quote Posted by aoibhghaire (here)
    ...a larger reality where Corey Goode being one microcosm of many microcosms in this larger reality.
    Yes, of course.

But the macrocosm of which Corey is a small part is that those who are tasked and committed to protect some of their biggest secrets (the real ones!) are determined to infiltrate the UFO research community and spread confusion and division — which they're past masters at.

The real questions are:

1. What group is behind this?
    2. What methods are they using, and which groups and individuals have been targeted?
    3. Why are they doing this? And why now?
    4. How much are our reactions being fed back into the hive algorythm ( human or A.I. )
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th June 2017), Kristin (1st June 2017), ktlight (1st June 2017), Michelle Marie (8th June 2017), Omni (8th June 2017)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,679 times in 283 posts

I am not sure if this was posted before here, just watch as much as you can stomach Wilcock's huge ego and you'll clearly see how they are acting exactly like some 2 life insurance reps who are crushing it in sales and bragging about how everyone wants to be in their shoes... This whole truth spreading is simply their commodity to sell. David is so money focused that he is even trying to speculate how much money people are making from online hits from "copying" his material as if it was all lost revenue for him... If his true intentions were seriously about spreading the truth then he shouldn't be concerned about losing $60 bucks from lost video hits...

Last edited by Jad; 1st June 2017 at 02:48.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jad For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), Bluegreen (1st June 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th June 2017), Shannon (1st June 2017), Star Tsar (1st June 2017)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 times in 1,211 posts

Quote Posted by Jad (here)
    I am not sure if this was posted before here, just watch as much as you can stomach Wilcock's huge ego and you'll clearly see how they are acting exactly like some 2 life insurance reps who are crushing it in sales and bragging about how everyone wants to be in their shoes... This whole truth spreading is simply their commodity to sell. David is so money focused that he is even trying to speculate how much money people are making from online hits from "copying" his material as if it was all lost revenue for him... If his true intentions were seriously about spreading the truth then he should't be concerned about loosing $60 bucks from lost video hits...
    Right off the bat. "Another day, another dollar"...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Callista (1st June 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th June 2017), Jean-Marie (1st June 2017)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,717 times in 8,943 posts

I am not sure if this was posted before here, just watch as much as you can stomach Wilcock's huge ego and you'll clearly see how they are acting exactly like some 2 life insurance reps who are crushing it in sales and bragging about how everyone wants to be in their shoes... This whole truth spreading is simply their commodity to sell. David is so money focused that he is even trying to speculate how much money people are making from online hits from "copying" his material as if it was all lost revenue for him... If his true intentions were seriously about spreading the truth then he should't be concerned about loosing $60 bucks from lost video hits...

the non verbal language is incredible to look at, quite interesting
    hey
    However, I do understand clearly that they are using irony all along - the millions dollars house were not million dollars ones ) the perks of corporate world to live in those houses is no perk at all, this is middle class, etc etc. Irony all along.

Not as much bloated ego as I would have thought from the thread comments, but not nice either.
    4 Bedroom which is about the David's house in the video, 3 to 4 bedrooms
    $850,000 3 months ago
    -8.6%
    $845,000 now
    $930,000 one year ago
    $548,750 5 years ago

3 bedroomsà
    3 Bedroom
    $648,500 few months ago
    -6.0%
    $652,125 now
    $690,000 one year ago
    $442,000 5 years ago
    Boulder Colorado housing market price:
    Last edited by Flash; 1st June 2017 at 03:01.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

13. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,679 times in 283 posts

So you watched the whole video and concluded that Wilcock is a modest man who is not obsessed with money? I mean the guy was literally justifying to himself not giving money for homeless people while he is looking for handouts to help him spread "the truth"?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jad For This Post:

Shannon (1st June 2017)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

So you watched the whole video and concluded that Wilcock is a modest man who is not obsessed with money? I mean the guy was literally justifying to himself not giving money for homeless people while he is looking for handouts to help him spread "the truth"?
    you are concluding for me quite truly - i never mentioned any conclusion

i just said they are ironising all along - we have to be quite dumb or emotional not to see this

however, their non verbal language talks mountains, very interesting

also the overly tired face of David, either he flew across the continent the previous night or has been partying lolll

and, from a comment from Bill saying that David was not going to any conference below 5,000$ in payments and this, in 2009, says a lot too, but it is not in that video

funny that David talks of micro movements being overly perceived on a big screen in conferences and is not aware of his micro movements when talking in the car....
    Last edited by Flash; 1st June 2017 at 03:09.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), Jean-Marie (1st June 2017), Mike (1st June 2017), Shannon (1st June 2017)

17. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,560 times in 10,187 posts

I am not sure if this was posted before here, just watch as much as you can stomach Wilcock's huge ego and you'll clearly see how they are acting exactly like some 2 life insurance reps who are crushing it in sales and bragging about how everyone wants to be in their shoes... This whole truth spreading is simply their commodity to sell. David is so money focused that he is even trying to speculate how much money people are making from online hits from "copying" his material as if it was all lost revenue for him...
    Now that's my idea of entertainment
    I get the same feeling watching this as I got from Jim & Tammy Faye, the Crouches, and David Miscavige
    I love to gasp and laugh at the same time ... moar pleez

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), Bruno (1st June 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st June 2017), Mike (1st June 2017)

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member MythKitty's Avatar
    Thanks

Bulletpoint summary of David Wilcock: (bearing in mind that some of this is my personal opinion, but I do know quite a lot about him)
    • He's done a lot of good work. He has a very high intellect, is very articulate, and a huge ability to retain and recall data. He is also a good author.
    • Kerry Cassidy and I did quite a lot (in Project Camelot) to bring him to prominence back in 2007-8. Although he was already a known figure, he was at that time talented, modest, and a little unsure of himself in some ways. He was also very supportive of Camelot in that period, and we appreciated that.
    • Many people on the net (and many here on the forum) will say that his ego and desire for fame has grown since then to the degree that he is respected and liked quite a lot less.
    • Money has always been important to him. As long ago as 2009, he would not speak at a conference for less than $5,000.
    • There's one thread (started by Weezer) where she documents how she was defrauded by him out of $10,000.
    • There are many other Avalon threads about him (search for 'Wilcock' in thread titles). Many point out that he has stated and predicted many things that are not true, or have not come about, all of which he appears to brush off.
    I'm guessing the number of people you can trust in this field just keeps getting smaller, right? I can't say it's a surprise, it tends to happen to a good number of people in the spotlight. It makes it increasingly difficult for people like myself, new to all of this, to find reliable information.
    "There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare, Hamlet
    "Is all that we see or seem, But a dream within a dream?" ~Edgar Allan Poe

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MythKitty For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st June 2017), Kristin (1st June 2017)

21. Link to Post #32
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

am reminded of 60 minutes story on the "channeler" carlos , had james randis envolvement , long story short they built it up , sucked in a lot of genuinely motivated people then ridiculed them in the subsequent expose

http://www.abc.net.au/science/correx...ves/randi4.htm

22. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member MythKitty's Avatar
    Thanks

...just watch as much as you can stomach
    3:45... that's as far as I got.

I just want to know where one applies for a job as a paid troll?
    "There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare, Hamlet
    "Is all that we see or seem, But a dream within a dream?" ~Edgar Allan Poe

23. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,790 times in 1,357 posts

In Viewer Questions part 7(https://www.gaia.com/video/viewer-qu...player=feature) at 03:00 onwards Corey mentions something that to me stands out, stuff that makes me think there could be a kernel of truth in some of his insights.

What he mentions is that the process of raising your vibration is a process of looking less outside of yourself and more inside, to face and deal with stuff on the inside.

Although this is not a totally new idea in this field and the science of psychology, it is worth noting that he actually suggests this, he could have gone in a much more exciting more selling direction with this, the fact that he did not indicates that maybe he is in contact with some source of higher intelligence, because this correlates with my experience as well, this is how density works.

If you hurt someone and you feel you had that impact on that person, then if you do not ask that person for forgiveness, that information that remains unresolved is going to remain locked up in your density shield and carry weight.

This is what carrying weight is all about. Density increases when you hurt and when you are hurt. Density increases when you receive false deceptive information that you buy into - for instance lies in daily news headlines... By releasing density the vibration increases since what is left is now more true. So I agree with Corey that raising your vibration is about clearing/resolving the false that builds up that density. Even at 4th density of human subjective peace vibration you have a lot of density left because the subjective is bound to a certain level of limitation, but it is much less than in 3rd density. Although we are not aware of it now, if we would be in 4th density and quickly shift down to 3rd density it is like taking on layers upon layers of a heavy jacket that puts pressure at/on the chest. I know this because I have experienced it, not only this but densities below 3rd density too as well as densities above 4th. At 4th density you experience your subjective imagination of what it is like to exist in a place of true peace. From that state of peace although you do not think it is possible (you think the glass is full) there are infinitely higher levels of peace. To break free from what is already at your subjective imagination max - is beyond words to describe what it is like, it is a flood of love beyond anything you can currently imagine.
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 1st June 2017 at 20:43.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), Bibi (4th June 2017)

25. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,929 times in 32,960 posts

It makes it increasingly difficult for people like myself, new to all of this, to find reliable information.
    Yes, it's a real problem. Kudos to you for asking good questions... exactly the place to start.

This may be a very useful thread:
    I chipped in with my opinions in post #3, here.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), Bibi (4th June 2017), BMJ (8th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th June 2017)

27. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

(...)
    Not as much bloated ego as I would have thought from the thread comments, but not nice either.
    $850,000 3 months ago
    -8.6%
    $845,000 now
    $930,000 one year ago
    $548,750 5 years ago
    (...)
    One way of knowing where one stands in matters like this is when dissenting voices get defined collectively as paid trolls, as in this video. That means that anyone on Avalon who has posted on this subject is an alleged paid troll, something they simply know is not true. While this is personal subjective knowledge, its being shared by a community tarred with a single brush makes it somewhat objective. If you kind of suspected that Daniel Liszt, Bill Ryan and others were not paid trolls, then this personal knowledge that you yourself are not makes that suspicion something of a certainty.

The trouble is that this same rationale also operates in other cases: real trolls, paid or unpaid, conscious or unconscious, will stick together for exactly the same reason. So which side are we on? Rather than two sides, I suspect it is more of a continuum leading up to a watershed where anything can happen. There is no other guide than total honesty in knowing who you are and who you want to be, which direction you want to take. We appear to be at the parting of the ways, arriving on a single railway platform with trains leaving in either direction and a bustle to get everyone on the right train.

There are people on both sides who know who they are and who they want to be, and the two things coincide. But in the middle, there are others for whom, for whatever reason, the two do not coincide. Whoever they want to be, they are either being deceived and/or deceiving themselves, and they need to work out who they really are. One’s task is to help such people, to help us all. How? By bringing whatever vision and lucidity we can to this process of the blind leading the blind.

Here is a tiny concrete instance of (self-)deception I noted years ago in the David Wilcock material. I had been reading about his making a big deal of a little number synchronicity thing whereby he would be seeing the same digit (any digit) aligned in threes in his view count. Since this was a five-figure number, we are talking about a 33/1 chance. This could be significant depending on how often you check. But if you take this seriously, as he does, then you will likely be checking more often and thereby both increasing your chances and decreasing the significance; hence the process becomes weakly self-fulfilling. But that is not my point here. The idea was that whatever one had just been thinking when such a synchronicity popped up was important; so I decided to give it a try.

So I came to a piece about how David’s mother came into a valuable piece of land to build a house on, as a gift from a friend (this is my segue with Flash’s post). This suggested how aligned she was with the universe (and her son by association?): she had this accommodation problem, and a beautiful solution just came along at the right moment. I thought, well maybe so; but it could be a case of plain... corruption. I then came across a ‘you-know-it-makes-sense’ donation request, and I thought, No I don’t think so! And I promptly had one of those little synchronicities telling me to attach importance to what I had just been thinking!

You see, it doesn’t matter what one thinks of this stuff: it is self-debunking: by its own criteria it simply does not work. There is self-deception at work here since Wilcock’s own protocol can be used to invalidate his own data. Note: in the above, I have not demonstrated in any way that his mother did not just happen to have a generous friend who gave her some land: maybe she did. I simply had the thought that it might be otherwise, and was instructed to see that thought as significant. It WAS significant, not as evidence of corruption, only as proof of David’s self-delusion on this one point. It would of course be self-delusional to read more into it than that.

This is what serious research is about. Tiny details lead to limited conclusions. Something may be a one-off (mistake) or part of a series of one-offs. It can be extremely hard going for the researcher unwilling to draw overarching conclusions – and for his readers, if they are looking for yes-or-no answers. But if similar cases come to light, a pattern is formed, and researchers begin to learn what to look for and where to look for it. They start making predictions and it begins to get scientific: progress becomes a little easier.

The same painstaking approach is required in researching synchronicity itself, otherwise it floats off into woo-woo insignificance. It is not some kind of magic recipe, it is something firmly grounded in reality; in other words, it has an identifiable material aspect. This is where the danger lies and the wool gets pulled over your eyes. Spiritualism without the tiny, unambitious steps of materialism is the best excuse for all kinds of deceptions and shortcuts, as GK Chesterton’s priest-detective Father Brown knew perfectly well. Here is a quote I made from Chesterton 18 months ago in the Shane thread:
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Quote there are signs that the irrational Jones still dreams at night of this old
    idea of having an ordinary home. He asked for so little, and he has been offered so
    much. He has been offered bribes of worlds and systems; he has been offered Eden
    and Utopia and the New Jerusalem, and he only wanted a house; and that has been
    refused him. (…)
    The idea of private property universal but private, the idea of families free but still
    families, of domesticity democratic but still domestic, of one man one house--this
    remains the real vision and magnet of mankind.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), Bill Ryan (1st June 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st June 2017), Mike (1st June 2017)

29. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

I would like to restate a thought in keeping with this subject for those reading this series of posts as it may be what is actually going on. We know there are people whose heads and minds will be turned by money, especially after a long drought of same. What Good has claimed sounds much like what those who claimed to be in the outer space program have claimed relative to being used off-world and then being returned in time to their previous lives, without missing time, such as those who served time on Mars as the Military there. If none of this happened to him, he is just parroting what others have claimed. Also, it is possible that the Military Industrial Complex is paying to muddy the waters of THEIR SPACE PROGRAM in order to keep their trillions of stolen dollars flowing out of the pockets of the ignorant public. Get whistle blowers to lie and then expose them as such tells the gullible there is no such program going on. Follow the money!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), Carolyn Hamlett (2nd June 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2017)

31. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

I do not know if my lack of understanding is due to getting senile or what, but I did not understood the link with my post and yours. Convoluted writing or too smart for me?

Pitié! Peut-être aussi me suis-je mal exprimée dans mon post et conséquemment je ne vois pas les liens, ayant été perçue différemment de l'impact escompté, que sais-je? Araucaria, peux-tu allumer mon cerveau déficient?

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

(...)
    $850,000 3 months ago
    -8.6%
    $845,000 now
    $930,000 one year ago
    $548,750 5 years ago
    (...)
    One way of knowing where one stands in matters like this is when dissenting voices get defined collectively as paid trolls, as in this video. That means that anyone on Avalon who has posted on this subject is an alleged paid troll, something they simply know is not true. While this is personal subjective knowledge, its being shared by a community tarred with a single brush makes it somewhat objective. If you kind of suspected that Daniel Liszt, Bill Ryan and others were not paid trolls, then this personal knowledge that you yourself are not makes that suspicion something of a certainty.

The trouble is that this same rationale also operates in other cases: real trolls, paid or unpaid, conscious or unconscious, will stick together for exactly the same reason. So which side are we on? Rather than two sides, I suspect it is more of a continuum leading up to a watershed where anything can happen. There is no other guide than total honesty in knowing who you are and who you want to be, which direction you want to take. We appear to be at the parting of the ways, arriving on a single railway platform with trains leaving in either direction and a bustle to get everyone on the right train.

There are people on both sides who know who they are and who they want to be, and the two things coincide. But in the middle, there are others for whom, for whatever reason, the two do not coincide. Whoever they want to be, they are either being deceived and/or deceiving themselves, and they need to work out who they really are. One’s task is to help such people, to help us all. How? By bringing whatever vision and lucidity we can to this process of the blind leading the blind.

Here is a tiny concrete instance of (self-)deception I noted years ago in the David Wilcock material. I had been reading about his making a big deal of a little number synchronicity thing whereby he would be seeing the same digit (any digit) aligned in threes in his view count. Since this was a five-figure number, we are talking about a 33/1 chance. This could be significant depending on how often you check. But if you take this seriously, as he does, then you will likely be checking more often and thereby both increasing your chances and decreasing the significance; hence the process becomes weakly self-fulfilling. But that is not my point here. The idea was that whatever one had just been thinking when such a synchronicity popped up was important; so I decided to give it a try.

So I came to a piece about how David’s mother came into a valuable piece of land to build a house on, as a gift from a friend (this is my segue with Flash’s post). This suggested how aligned she was with the universe (and her son by association?): she had this accommodation problem, and a beautiful solution just came along at the right moment. I thought, well maybe so; but it could be a case of plain... corruption. I then came across a ‘you-know-it-makes-sense’ donation request, and I thought, No I don’t think so! And I promptly had one of those little synchronicities telling me to attach importance to what I had just been thinking!

You see, it doesn’t matter what one thinks of this stuff: it is self-debunking: by its own criteria it simply does not work. There is self-deception at work here since Wilcock’s own protocol can be used to invalidate his own data. Note: in the above, I have not demonstrated in any way that his mother did not just happen to have a generous friend who gave her some land: maybe she did. I simply had the thought that it might be otherwise, and was instructed to see that thought as significant. It WAS significant, not as evidence of corruption, only as proof of David’s self-delusion on this one point. It would of course be self-delusional to read more into it than that.

This is what serious research is about. Tiny details lead to limited conclusions. Something may be a one-off (mistake) or part of a series of one-offs. It can be extremely hard going for the researcher unwilling to draw overarching conclusions – and for his readers, if they are looking for yes-or-no answers. But if similar cases come to light, a pattern is formed, and researchers begin to learn what to look for and where to look for it. They start making predictions and it begins to get scientific: progress becomes a little easier.

The same painstaking approach is required in researching synchronicity itself, otherwise it floats off into woo-woo insignificance. It is not some kind of magic recipe, it is something firmly grounded in reality; in other words, it has an identifiable material aspect. This is where the danger lies and the wool gets pulled over your eyes. Spiritualism without the tiny, unambitious steps of materialism is the best excuse for all kinds of deceptions and shortcuts, as GK Chesterton’s priest-detective Father Brown knew perfectly well. Here is a quote I made from Chesterton 18 months ago in the Shane thread:
    Quote there are signs that the irrational Jones still dreams at night of this old
    idea of having an ordinary home. He asked for so little, and he has been offered so
    much. He has been offered bribes of worlds and systems; he has been offered Eden
    and Utopia and the New Jerusalem, and he only wanted a house; and that has been
    refused him. (…)
    The idea of private property universal but private, the idea of families free but still
    families, of domesticity democratic but still domestic, of one man one house--this
    remains the real vision and magnet of mankind.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), araucaria (3rd June 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2017)

33. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 57,038 times in 8,429 posts

. . . . So which side are we on? Rather than two sides, I suspect it is more of a continuum leading up to a watershed where anything can happen. There is no other guide than total honesty in knowing who you are and who you want to be, which direction you want to take. We appear to be at the parting of the ways, arriving on a single railway platform with trains leaving in either direction and a bustle to get everyone on the right train.

. . . . . . . .
    From reading this part of this post, the idea popped into my head that there may be a situation going on where the phenomenal realisation that we have lived our whole lives under a fiction (a big fat lie), and lived seemingly successfully up to this point, has made the possibility of going forward into the future from here under another self chosen fiction (another big fat lie) seem like a perfectly plausible thing to do.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

aoibhghaire (4th June 2017), araucaria (3rd June 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2017), Spiral (4th June 2017)

35. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Good point, Norman!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast