+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wearable AI for detecting AI

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

Default Wearable AI for detecting AI

Because AI´s and Computervoices are getting better and better there is now a wearable Device in development that gives one feedback is one is interacting with another AI. It gets cold behind the ear if it´s an AI or Computervoice.

Here´s the article from the DT R&D Website:
    https://rnd.dt.com.au/anti-ai-ai-a-w...e-244900e4d71c

From that Article:

Anti AI AI — Wearable Artificial Intelligence
    The post-truth era is just getting started. Near the end of 2017 we’ll be consuming content synthesised to mimic real people. Leaving us in a sea of disinformation powered by AI and machine learning. The media, giant tech corporations and citizens already struggle to discern fact from fiction. And as this technology is democratised it will be even more prevalent.

Preempting this we prototyped a device worn on the ear and connected to a neural net trained on real and synthetic voices called Anti AI AI. The device notifies the wearer when a synthetic voice is detected and cools the skin using a thermoelectric plate to alert the wearer the voice they are hearing was synthesised: by a cold, lifeless machine.

To make this work we developed a custom circuit board using the tiny Simblee BLE Arduino chip, and custom iOS app that streams audio to a Tensorflow application running a neural net trained on synthetic voices.

Thermal Feedback
    We wanted the device to give the wearer a unique sensation that matched what they were experiencing when a synthetic voice is detected. Common feedback mechanisms use light, sound or vibration to alert users. By using a 4x4mm thermoelectric Peltier plate we were able to create a noticeable chill on the skin near the back of the neck without drawing too much current.
    Last edited by uzn; 3rd June 2017 at 08:07.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

7alon (3rd June 2017), Cidersomerset (13th February 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2017), Inversion (14th February 2018), Spiral (15th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 times in 539 posts

Default Re: Wearable AI for detecting AI

AI discussion is becoming more mainstream. Here is an article in CNBC that says "A.I. will be 'billions of times' smarter than humans and man needs to merge with it":
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/13/a-i-...-to-merge.html

Even Elon Musk is quoted as supporting this movement, which is not surprising in that he has founded the Neuralink just to do that.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Cidersomerset (13th February 2018), Inversion (14th February 2018), Rich (14th February 2018), uzn (14th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    Here is an article in CNBC that says "A.I. will be 'billions of times' smarter than humans and man needs to merge with it":
    How useful is it gonna be though? is it necessary to merge with it instead of letting it solve the problems for us?
    And is there gonna be a relation to becoming more happy?
    At least what this advancement in technology is doing is pointing to the mind.
    PS: A human cannot really think, it is because of identification with the body that it may appear so.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

onevoice (14th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 times in 539 posts

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    Here is an article in CNBC that says "A.I. will be 'billions of times' smarter than humans and man needs to merge with it":
    How useful is it gonna be though? is it necessary to merge with it instead of letting it solve the problems for us?
    And is there gonna be a relation to becoming more happy?
    At least what this advancement in technology is doing is pointing to the mind.
    PS: A human cannot really think, it is because of identification with the body that it may appear so.
    I'm alerting the Avalonians here that dangers that even Elon Musk warned about is getting close when even the MSM is starting to talk about AI openly. I'm sure AI can/are lot smarter than we are. However, I don't think merging with AI is a good idea. We are already being mind-controlled by the media and other ways. I think the hope for the mankind will be lost if somehow it becomes the norm for humanity to merge with AI. Like the movie matrix, the PTB would have total control over us.

It is clear that PTB are already preparing us for the merger with all the AI already present in our smartphones and online. The new generation is already programmed to readily accept as they embrace the newest technology for advancing game technology. There are so many high tech multi-national corporation such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft and IBM are trying to advance AI technology as fast as they can. I think the advancement of a civilization should be evaluated on spiritual progress rather than technological progress. Atlanteans already made the mistake before, let's not repeat it again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Spiral (15th February 2018), ZoSo925 (15th February 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Deactivated ZoSo925's Avatar
    Thanks

It's going to be interesting how things all un-fold. There are a ton of companies but they are mostly software companies. IBM is a mix, but some major other players are NVIDIA and ATI Video Cards. They own tons of patents associated with AI. Many of these companies buy up other companies and the greedy pig gets bigger.

Just the other year I noticed that famous kids toy View-Master - Was a rotating picture disk and you can flip through photos under a light source... they are big into 3D Goggles and I'm sure will lead to AI.

I made a massive prediction 6 years ago and people laughed at me when Texas Instruments stock was like under $20 a share. This year the stock almost hit $120 and currently trading $100+ Wish I had the money funds to back up my predictions, I'd be sitting on a beach sipping on Margaretta's..hehe

Long story involved to type but my prediction was for Texas Instruments to buy out AMD. It totally looks more real now that TX is worth a fortune now and powerful enough to gobble up AMD or even start a bid war between other companies sending AMD shares parobolic..etc This whole long term goal looks real; especially how Donald Trump wants to bring jobs and action back to American. Texas Instruments is a symbolic company from Calculators to Speak-n-Spell; but they have really been working in the background silently over the years and many motherboards and electronic circuit boards have used Texas Instruments... but majority of public is unaware of this because they don't open up their electronic gadgets and look at the circuit boards.

I would never use anything AI, but I'm predicting something major with AI and the American return of Texas Instruments

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZoSo925 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th February 2018), onevoice (15th February 2018), Spiral (15th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread