+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trump : Bad government and bad business skills all in one.

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,443 times in 1,721 posts

Default Trump : Bad government and bad business skills all in one.

This week we wait in anticipation for the Thursday testimony of James Comey, a man who knows how to tell a story, and Wednesday's testimony of top intel officers like the NSA's Mike Rogers!

Trump, against the advice of presumably every lawyer, spent the days after the London attacks rage tweeting about his TRAVEL BAN OH YES IT'S A TRAVEL BAN and insulting the mayor of London, who now rather sensibly supports canceling Trump's state visit.

Also too! The Intercept got a major scoop about Russian election interference and their source, Reality Winner [real], was immediately arrested.

More miscellaneous:

- Trump proposed privatizing air traffic control, sours on Sessions, and Congress wants to know if Kushner was seeking a Russian bailout for his hilariously-addressed building at 666 Fifth Avenue.

- My husband noted that Reality Winner is totally a Phillip K Dick name and that explains a lot about this timeline. Either that or we are all collectively dying of oxygen deprivation and hallucinating incoherently.

- The Qatari thing is absolute madness. He's going to get people killed. Aside from the military base, Qatar owns Al-Jazeera.

- Nikki Haley warns US may pull out of UN Human Rights Council over 'anti-Israel bias'.

- Russian jet intercepts US B-52 bomber: Russian fighter jet intercepted a US bomber over the Baltic Sea in international waters on Tuesday, according to a statement from the Russian Defense Ministry that was published on state news agency TASS.

- Russian case: four law firms refuse to represent Trump. "The guy does not pay and does not listen. https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-...-sh&soc_trk=tw

I do expected that Trump is going to tweet during Comey testimony.

What's the best way to prepare for so-called Comey-mania ? Probably drinking with others Russian vodka specials and covfefe cocktails.

It was my mood of the moment that shows how fascinated I am by all this saga without end, it has become my favorite soap opera ....

Gaia
    Last edited by Gaia; 6th June 2017 at 20:12.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

AutumnW (8th June 2017), Bruno (7th June 2017), Cipher (6th June 2017), David Trd1 (7th June 2017), Lifebringer (7th June 2017), Nasu (6th June 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Trump : Bad government and bad business skills all in one.

Its been a looong, long time since we had a half decent president in this country. carter? eisenhower? lol
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

7alon (7th June 2017), David Trd1 (7th June 2017), Gaia (6th June 2017), Nasu (6th June 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Koyaanisqatsi (here)
    Its been a looong, long time since we had a half decent president in this country. carter? eisenhower? lol
    Obama was a good President. He could not accomplish much because the GOP majority just said NO (as a formal policy) to every single thing he proposed, even if (like Obamacare) it was previously their plan (Romney's plan). I am not going to get into a political debate because life is too short and no one ever changes anyone else. Obama made bad decisions internationally at times, but he was moving the country forward. The GOP and Trump want to take it back to the robber baron era of the late 19th century.

I will not come back to this thread because I am sick and tired of Trump fans (and I am NOT calling you this). But I have yet to find a single Trump fan who can calmly rationally speak from facts instead of Fox News propaganda. There is most often so much malice in what they say that there is just no point.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dylansdad For This Post:

AutumnW (8th June 2017), Bruno (7th June 2017), David Trd1 (7th June 2017), Gaia (6th June 2017), kirolak (8th June 2017), Lifebringer (7th June 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dylansdad (here)
    Obama was a good President. He could not accomplish much because the GOP majority just said NO (as a formal policy) to every single thing he proposed, even if (like Obamacare) it was previously their plan (Romney's plan). I am not going to get into a political debate because life is too short and no one ever changes anyone else. Obama made bad decisions internationally at times, but he was moving the country forward. The GOP and Trump want to take it back to the robber baron era of the late 19th century.

I will not come back to this thread because I am sick and tired of Trump fans (and I am NOT calling you this). But I have yet to find a single Trump fan who can calmly rationally speak from facts instead of Fox News propaganda. There is most often so much malice in what they say that there is just no point.
    You can only accurately evaluate a president at least twenty-five years after he has held office. You need time to determine what impact the policies and decisions the leader of the free world has made. Some other memorable parts of the Obama presidency include normalizing relationship with Cuba and visiting the country, implementing more Wall Street regulations, saving the American auto industry, and ordering Osama bin Laden’s death. Point of view from Canada
    Last edited by Gaia; 6th June 2017 at 20:50.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

AutumnW (8th June 2017), Bruno (7th June 2017), David Trd1 (7th June 2017), Dylansdad (7th June 2017), justntime2learn (6th June 2017), kirolak (8th June 2017), Lifebringer (7th June 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

You make imo one of the single worst posts I have read on this site in 10 years or so, then state I wont come back bc I am sick of trump fans!!!

Probably a very good idea you don't want to get into a political debate. It appears you would be very bad at it.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robinr1 For This Post:

Arcturian108 (8th June 2017), AutumnW (8th June 2017), David Trd1 (7th June 2017), Jantje (7th June 2017), NancyV (6th June 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,349 times in 12,376 posts

Good case in point!

Quote Posted by robinr1 (here)
    You make imo one of the single worst posts I have read on this site in 10 years or so, then state I wont come back bc I am sick of trump fans!!!

Probably a very good idea you don't want to get into a political debate. It appears you would be very bad at it.

There is most often so much malice in what they say that there is just no point.
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

abmqa (8th June 2017), AutumnW (8th June 2017), Dylansdad (7th June 2017), justntime2learn (6th June 2017), NancyV (6th June 2017), Words of Joy (7th June 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Trump fans? What is he, a sports team? lol . Apart from Afghanistan, Gitmo, repealing Habeus Corpus, prosecution of journalists and whistleblowers, The bailout, and unmitigated advancement of a surveillance state, he did a pretty good job in my humble meager opinion. And it just felt cozy, ya know? We were being told everything was ok, and getting better, and it felt good. We were so well lubed that it was easy to forget/not noticed how hard we were getting screwed lol. Dont leave this thead dylansdad! Its important to not shield yourself from opinions that might be different from yours, its how we can all grow. and healthy, positive debate is quite democratic in nature i think. Anyway, just my 2cents but im mostly full of crap so take with a grain of salt
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Arcturian108 (8th June 2017), AutumnW (8th June 2017), Bruno (7th June 2017), David Trd1 (7th June 2017), Gaia (7th June 2017), Jantje (7th June 2017), Nasu (7th June 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,098 times in 321 posts

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)

You can only accurately evaluate a president at least twenty-five years after he has held office. You need time to determine what impact the policies and decisions the leader of the free world has made. Some other memorable parts of the Obama presidency include normalizing relationship with Cuba and visiting the country, implementing more Wall Street regulations, saving the American auto industry, and ordering Osama bin Laden’s death. Point of view from Canada
    Im Not a trump fan, but Obama was a groomed president. He worked for a CIA front company in the early eighties long before becoming a community organizer.
    Osama bin laden was dead many years before the dog and pony show that was his death. Isnt it convenient that the practically the entire seal team that did the op died in a helicopter crash not long after. Obama oversaw the doubling the debt from 10 trillion to 20 trillion, he deported more people than any other president before him and had no strength or leadership in the foreign policy. He was a weak and controlled president, just look at his first cabinet. Watch any mainstream news outlet and they`ll make it seem like he did okay, and the best he could. That is fantasy, facts are facts, and they really don`t and wont stack up historically in his favor at all.......

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to David Trd1 For This Post:

Arcturian108 (8th June 2017), AutumnW (8th June 2017), Bruno (7th June 2017), Gaia (7th June 2017), Helene West (8th June 2017), Jantje (7th June 2017), Nasu (7th June 2017), wnlight (7th June 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Switzerland On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 times in 971 posts

I don't think that many people voted for Trump. Sure some did. But most, as I understand it, voted for NOT Hillary. It is quite a big difference. I do agree though that when we take a stand for or against anyone, we close ourselves off from the bigger picture. I didn't vote, so for me I had no dog in that race, however if I had been forced to vote, I too would have voted NOT Hillary.

As comical and bad as he is, at least he wears his ego on his sleeve for all to see, or rather his twitter account. Hillary plays the man's game much worse than most powerful men. IMHO a very scary person. She came, she saw, he died. Imagine the other smart arsed Cesar esque miss quotes we would have had to endure after her inevitable bloodshed...

Better the devil you know is my take....x..... N

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

abmqa (8th June 2017), AutumnW (8th June 2017), Bruno (7th June 2017), Gaia (7th June 2017), Helene West (8th June 2017), Jantje (7th June 2017), Lifebringer (7th June 2017), wnlight (7th June 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 times in 200 posts

I certainly understand what you mean and definitely agree. It's Trump fans there, Erdogan fans here - all the tactics, sayings, delusions etc. same - word by word. One must study the last 15 years of Turkey to grasp what will happen in US.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

AutumnW (8th June 2017), Bruno (7th June 2017), Dylansdad (8th June 2017), Lifebringer (7th June 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,744 times in 3,536 posts

I've been re-catching up on our full history before the slave trade and the biblical prophecy of the "awakening" of his chosen in the four corners of the world, "still in captivity, without a homeland of our own. This also falls in prophecy, but I won't say how because you've outlined it all pretty well. It was said the Anti-Christ would cause WWar annialation. The pickings are now down to 3 or four "madmen" who cared not for innocent mothers, children elderly, babies, just more and more bloodshed. America wasn't named like the other nations in the bible, however "she" is the clue, "she" is the child of Babylonette JR. Has legalized sodomy. with the "Eagle." Everyone in the world is putting this together and our current President is hasting the turn against this nation, by bravado for ratings. Kim Jung Un is just as spoiled and ready to test his leadership skills in war. Insults to those who would help us, is making allies ready to wash their hands of us. WE've left desolation, in every nation that has valuable resources, with NO puppet to control.
    People far more stranger and dangerous times coming. Put on your helmets, as the roads are not just bumpy but turbulent.

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Oh...I had spousal influence. He said as a military man AF, Trump had no experience to command blowing up balloons. He said Hillary is so "watched by the right, she will get snitched on, if she doesn't make a deal with the right." It was a hell of a vote for two hell bent Presidential candidates, with US as the loser, either way. Hillary would have worked on Chelsea's legacy to have her run, same families trying to remain "puppeteers." So weary of these lying cheats to the people. I can't call it any other way, so I don't. I am that fly on the wall, that can become very annoying, when poo is afloat.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

AutumnW (8th June 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Some people see, what they hope to see in a President. I put myself in the 1st black President's shoes, hounded by NWO and prayed he wouldn't get assassinated. Everyone did, so why isn't he a good role model for Americans. He protected this nation, prevented more attacks and if you look around, you'll notice they are increasing on citizens, and the world does nothing. I can't help but wonder, how the most powerful nation on the planet, "can't stop the hate crimes or police its people fairly. How can you be the best, with so much of what's needed to be the best "MIA" for certain citizens still/brown nations within the nations?

25. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    Oh...I had spousal influence. He said as a military man AF, Trump had no experience to command blowing up balloons. He said Hillary is so "watched by the right, she will get snitched on, if she doesn't make a deal with the right." It was a hell of a vote for two hell bent Presidential candidates, with US as the loser, either way. Hillary would have worked on Chelsea's legacy to have her run, same families trying to remain "puppeteers." So weary of these lying cheats to the people. I can't call it any other way, so I don't. I am that fly on the wall, that can become very annoying, when poo is afloat.
    Complex geopolitics is a ridiculously difficult subject that is full of gazillions of hidden variables. But one thing remain clear : There is... no liberal or conservative way of picking up the garbage.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

AutumnW (8th June 2017), Bruno (7th June 2017)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Obama made me believe there was hope and that there would be change. Bailouts and more bombings made me realize that there wasn't hope and that it was all business as usual. Obama was the "Eddie Haskell" President who knew what to say and said it nicely, but in the end even "June and Ward Cleaver" realized that he was a wolf in sheep's clothing. For me Trump is the opposite, he doesn't inspire me or make me hopeful, in fact he makes me angry. However, I feel that's the point, everything the man does or says is polarizing. I am of the opinion at the moment that he is only President so that we have something to focus our anger at . We seem quite busy with fighting each other about how right or wrong the man is about the current state of world affairs. Meanwhile the true puppet masters weave their web and go about their business.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

abmqa (8th June 2017), Daozen (8th June 2017), Eram (7th June 2017), Gaia (7th June 2017), Helene West (8th June 2017), Jantje (7th June 2017), Nasu (7th June 2017), onawah (7th June 2017)

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,957 times in 460 posts

If there has been any president in modern history that loosely reflects the sum total of the American state of mind, Trump comes the closest. So in that sense, he is very much the president that America deserves. Take that statement as you will, it is not really meant to be praise or criticism.

Despite his outlandish tweets and grandiose posturing, the acts of withdrawing from TPP and the climate agreement has more real benefit for the people of the earth than anything done by his last 7 predecessors at least. And if you believe climate change is a thing, put that aside for a moment and realize that the climate accords are all about creating a global carbon tax, that is not under the jurisdiction of any individual government oversight. It is pure and simple, the mechanism to finance a global bureaucracy free of democratic constraints. So if all we get from Trump is 4-8years of him flipping the bird to the globalist agenda and other assorted childish ballyhoo mixed in, I would say the world is better off given all the other realistic alternatives available.

I see him as a link in the chain to a better future, despite his internal warts and external hairstyle. He is here to upset the applecart, bring things to the surface that more thoughtful leaders may not be able to tap into. His abrasive nature is actually an asset in this process.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

angelfire (8th June 2017), Arcturian108 (8th June 2017), Bruno (8th June 2017), Dylansdad (8th June 2017), Eram (7th June 2017), Gaia (7th June 2017), genevieve (7th June 2017), Helene West (8th June 2017), justntime2learn (8th June 2017), Mystra (7th June 2017), Nasu (7th June 2017), scott12133 (8th June 2017)

31. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote His abrasive nature is actually an asset in this process.

Trump, can be abrasive, but no one can doubt his effectiveness. Coats and Rogers say they haven't felt pressure to interfere in the Russia probe, but refuse to say whether Trump asked them to do so. Pretty much what I expected. They're not going to say anything public at this point. Just a bunch of "i'll neither confirm or deny." With that said, their testimony should kill the wiretapping claims by Trump. From what I saw, their answers to unmasking was a collective eye roll.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Bruno (8th June 2017), Nasu (7th June 2017)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Please, fellow brothers & sisters - Don't fall for it yet again. Presidents are merely telepromptor reading sock puppets. The election circus is deliberately put on to divide us. Please understand that at the 'top' (trust me, no president is even near the top), they are neither Republican nor Democrat. And they don't much care which side you pick, just as long as you pick a side ... and hate the other. This way, you are pigeonholed into supporting your 'team' at all costs, even though you may disagree with a great many things your predetermined candidate stands upon. Much like how alliances are used to pull countries into wars, even though they may have no direct beef with an 'opposing' country - see how that works? E.g. Not all Dems agree with Obamacare, not all Republicans agree with invading all 'Brown Countries', but their parties drag them along for the ride.

Fact: Trump was a Dem for many years before switching (after Bill Clintons call)
    Fact: Clintons sat front & center at Trump's wedding
    Fact: Trump & Clinton family friendship is very deep & goes back many years
    Fact: Trump endorsed Hillary during her 1st run
    Fact: Trump donated on at least 5 occasions significant amounts to the Dem party
    Fact: Trump has supported socialized medicine & single payer

Come on, it's so obviously a show!

Are we seriously going to believe that these were the two most qualified, or even most electable candidates coming from both sides???

Before Bush/Gore, the last time a candidate won the electoral vote yet lost the popular vote was roughly 80 years prior. In other words, it doesn't happen often. Are we seriously going to believe that it legitimately happened again just 16 yrs later, with two obviously phony candidates, but this time where the popular vote spread was even greater (3 mil votes)? And the electoral spread was an astounding 77 votes??

Ok sure, I suppose it was slightly mathematically possible - perhaps about the same odds that I could still make it to the NBA one day.

Come on, folks wake up! Trump is clearly a set up job designed to take down the Populist movement (whether they need help or not). Why? Because Populism/Nationalism is not only bad for global commerce, but also bad for a centralized world governing body. Remember W Bush? He was so atrocious that it got Obama elected. Then Obama was so bad that it 'supposedly' got Trump elected. Do you see how this works?? This is how they ensnare us all. Back n forth, back n forth. Democrats suck, no Republicsns suck, no you suck, I h*te you! Blah blah blah, and on it goes.

DON'T FALL FOR IT. REFUSE TO TAKE SIDES!! STRIVE HARD TO UNDERSTAND AND LOVE YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!! ABANDON HATE!

TFS
    Last edited by TinFoilSuit; 8th June 2017 at 07:10.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

Basho (8th June 2017), Bruno (8th June 2017), Koyaanisqatsi (9th June 2017), Nasu (8th June 2017), onawah (9th June 2017)

35. Link to Post #19
    South Africa Avalon Member
    Thanks

Well, all I can say , is that it's crystal clear that the MSM is trying their outmost best to discredit Trump with whatever foolish new thing they can imagine. Add the hysterical left and almost everyone in Hollywood...big money is going into stopping him. Something is wrong in the world and if the establishment is trying this hard to oust him, he must be good for the free world in the long run...warts and all.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DbDraad For This Post:

Helene West (8th June 2017), Nasu (8th June 2017), robinr1 (9th June 2017), turiya (8th June 2017)

37. Link to Post #20
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,466 times in 2,590 posts

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    Complex geopolitics is a ridiculously difficult subject that is full of gazillions of hidden variables. But one thing remain clear : There is... no liberal or conservative way of picking up the garbage.

The U.S economy relies on war to keep itself going. As time goes on it just get worse. Kennedy tried to bring it under control and got himself killed. Carter suffered, too, by taking on power. Couldn't control the military or intelligence agencies. The neoconservatives loathed Reagan for supporting Glasnost.

Since then, the U.S has not had one remotely decent human being in power. And if they are slightly decent they can't act on it. Hillary is a pig and Trump is a pig's pig.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

abmqa (8th June 2017), Bruno (9th June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast