+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not all Christians are NWO chumps

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Not all Christians are NWO chumps

When I was Christian I enjoyed debating atheists and challenging religious conspiracies. But these days I can see institutions with their hierarchies of power and authority being manipulative for dogmatic and personal gain.
    I don't know if these are hypocrites or zealots or both.

However, I still furrow my brow at the theories of pagan agendas, wordplay coincidences & Zeitgeist DaVinci Codes. These things seem to rely on the assumption that Hebrew & Catholic traditions actually have spiritual significance rather than being an expression of a culture (specifically a religious culture). I guess it is significant for conservatives but that's only half of all Protestants (and some Catholics). I'm not promoting Christianity, I am 3 years post-Christian. Are there religious cabals? Sure. Are their cabals that leverage religious dogma? Sure. I just want to offer some moderation to the frequent overly dramatic reaction that comes from viewing religions (in this case Christianity) as one monochrome entity.

My issue was that I was in a Southern Baptist church. The hallmark of a Baptist church being the autonomy of the local church. These churches don't answer to a higher administrative authority. The South Baptist Convention is just an association that a Baptist church may or may not have membership. Even if they did have membership the church didn't have to conform to the Baptist Faith & Message. Generally, a Baptist church is democratic, making decisions by vote and your beliefs are supposed to be a personal matter, not a corporate matter. This is why it is almost meaningless to write a history of the Baptist church. You could have two Baptist churches on the same street, one opposing emancipation and the other running an underground railroad.

There has always been a liberal camp in the Baptist Church. These people don't believe in a literal translation of the Bible or inerrancy. They consider most of Genesis to be Hebrew mythology. Militant language in the Bible is viewed as a pre-modern person's understanding of what is right or 'of God'. Patriarchs may have had genuine experiences with God but may have been genuinely unable to comprehend their experience. The liberal perspective is that the Bible is not 'revelation' but may contain revelation or contain the stories of a person that experienced a revelation.

Liberal Baptist don't put a lot of emphasis on tradition because Baptist traditions are relative, they are different in each church. Most are not evangelical and some don't believe in Hell. The blood or DNA of Jesus means nothing. Dynasties mean nothing. Using the line of David was just an accommodation to help a superstitious civilization be able to hear a message. Liberal Christians tend not to be vocal, they lack to photogenic drama to get represented in film and television and they don't hold signs that say 'God Hates Fags'. Liberal Pastors don't do therapy, they refer people to licensed certified mental health care professionals. The children's programs I've seen dont indoctrinate kids with guilt & shame. And they acknowledge that most kids are too young to understand theology, so they focus on wonder & discovery.

I think liberal Christians are just too boring to fit into conspiracy theories.
    Last edited by bbow73; 9th June 2017 at 15:52.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

AutumnW (9th June 2017), fourty-two (9th June 2017), Justplain (10th June 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Default Re: Not all Christians are NWO chumps

Clean thy temple, the house of God resides within you, if you've ever prayed to Christ. Now which Christ you are worshiping, is another thing. DYK that Leonardo Divinci and Michaelangelo were gay and the image of Christ is of the illigitimate child of the 6th POPE? Ceasar Borgia? or Borgio, who raped his sister, and killed his brother? Absolute truth. And if you go to the site: "Yes, they were Black" you would see a according to Revelation 2:9 (askenazi changing the images on the paintings and walls of the old Christian churches in ME. Ablsolutely amazing this "awakening."

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

bbow73 (9th June 2017), Daozen (9th June 2017), drgreig (9th June 2017), jjjones (9th June 2017), justntime2learn (9th June 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Liberal Christian values that uphold the Ten Commandments and emphasize humility (not humiliation) have great value. We live in a narcissistic age and culture. Those traits need to be countered. The individual needs to be supported, helped and honoured.

Eastern mysticism and philosophies, filtered through Western mentality can be problematic. In places like India, where there is a crush of humanity and very close family bonds (physically and emotionally) it's vital that people detach, even momentarily. Their philosophies work for them.

In our culture, family relationships are weak. Friendships are shallow. People turn to the Internet for community. This can feel like closeness but is lacking many key features of actual closeness. Eastern asceticism, coolness, detachment is exactly what Westerners don't need. Paradoxically, the imposed alienation can cause rage reactions. The answer to this isn't an even more cool aloof society, it is active embracing and shoring up by others.

People who are lonely do NOT need Zen koans or meditation to 'help' them on their journey of isolation. They need other people. A Christian church community fills this void. A liberal Christian community might be the most compassionate sanctuary from social atomization a person can find these days.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

bbow73 (9th June 2017), Bruno (9th June 2017), justntime2learn (10th June 2017), Justplain (10th June 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    DYK that Leonardo Divinci and Michaelangelo were gay and the image of Christ is of the illigitimate child of the 6th POPE? Ceasar Borgia? or Borgio, who raped his sister, and killed his brother? Absolute truth.
    This is a very compelling statement that I was extremely interested in exploring a little further...and by simply searching "jesus cesare borgia" in Google Images - I came across numerous "memes" that would support this. However, in looking even further than this (to pages that COUNTER this argument) you will also find statements that support the origin of White European-looking images of Jesus in fact ANTEDATE the life and times of Cesare Borgia.

I certainly support the fact that "Jesus" was a Middle-Eastern man, and was not "White" as the popular images depict. Besides, worshiping an image to any extent is considered "Idolatry", and is a common practice among Catholics. So IMHO, this whole "interpreted" image of Jesus is wrong on so many levels - regardless of whether or not his image was based upon that of Cesare Borgia.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,259 times in 1,414 posts

The everlasting positive message of Jesus, which survives the ongoing censoring and fakery written into the new testament writings, is unselfish love, forgiveness and compassion. This message redeems the bible and acts as an ongoing beacon to new generations. The rest is mostly claptrap and can be ignored.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

AutumnW (10th June 2017), Words of Joy (12th June 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

It's really about that, Justplain. Jesus may have been one of many who formed the Messianic movement of his time. When he spoke about being here to spread the good news, it was about life everlasting. That may have been an idea that was gaining traction in the Judaic community, at the time, anyway.

I think the common belief during Jesus time was the finality of death.

Jesus wouldn't have set conditions on life everlasting. That's part of the biblical virus and Jesus was about love and forgiveness, plus -- he wasn't a stupid ass saviour. And it would be so extremely stupid for him to encourage compassion and then treat the afterlife like entry into an exclusive country club.

And this 'son of God,' business is a bit strange too. He was just a very cool guy and probably not even the nephew of God!

A liberal not literal approach, using emotional reason is required.

It is all so easy when you get rid of the crap, the judgement, the mean spirited radical nature of fundamentalism.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 10th June 2017 at 03:52.

+ Reply to Thread