+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: A Breatharian Couple in Ecuador

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Skywizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,727 times in 1,319 posts

Default A Breatharian Couple in Ecuador

Studies have shown the health benefits of brief periods of intermittent fasting, but one couple has gone one step further and claim they live a “food-free” life.

Camila Castello, 34, and Akahi Ricardo, 36, are what is known as “Breatharians” - they eat just three times a week, and only ever a piece of fruit or some vegetable broth at a time.

The couple, who live between California and Ecuador, claim they have forgotten what it feels like to be hungry, and Castello says she only ate five times throughout her first pregnancy.

But with NHS figures showing that around 6.4 per cent of Brits show signs of eating disorders, they’re dangerous claims to make.

Castello and Ricardo say they survive on the “energy that exists in the universe and in themselves” and that they are sustained by “cosmic nourishment.”

“Humans can easily be without food, as long as they are the connected to the energy that exists in all things and through breathing,” Castello said.

The couple also make the outrageous claim that they didn’t eat at all for three years.

“For three years, Akahi and I didn’t eat anything at all and now we only eat occasionally like if we’re in a social situation or if I simply want to taste a fruit,” Castello said.

“With my first child, I practiced a Breatharian pregnancy. Hunger was a foreign sensation to me so I fully lived on light and ate nothing.

“My blood tests during all three trimesters were impeccable and I gave birth to a healthy, baby boy.”

She says she was open to changing her food-free lifestyle when she became pregnant, but she just never felt hungry.

“I didn’t feel the need or desire to eat solid food during the entire nine months and so I only ate five times, all of which were in social situations,” she said.

“And I knew my son would be nourished enough by my love and this would allowed him to grow healthily in my womb.

“I went for regular pregnancy check-ups and my doctor confirmed the above average growth of a very healthy baby boy.”

The couple have a five-year-old son and a two-year-old daughter, but they don’t impose their Breatharian lifestyle on the children:

“Our children are aware of Breatharianism and the energy that exists in the universe and in themselves,” Ricardo says.

“But we would never try to change them and we let them eat whatever they want – whether that be juices, vegetables, pizza or ice-cream!

“We want them to explore the different tastes and have a healthy relationship with food as they grow. It would be unfair to impose Breatharianism upon our children now but maybe as they grow, they will get deeper into the practices.”

The couple met in 2005 and first discovered Breatharianism in 2008. They eventually transitioned from vegetarians, to raw vegans, to fruitarians and finally to Breatharians.

Ricardo says he hasn’t felt hungry since 2008.

By not eating, Castello and Ricardo say they have more money for travelling.

“There is a freedom that comes with not being attached or dependent on food,” Ricardo says.

“Obviously, our living costs are a lot less than most families and that has allowed us to spend our money on things that really matter like travelling and exploring together.

“It’s given us a clear sense of what we want in life. Anyone can live a Breatharian lifestyle and feel the benefits. It’s not about never eating food again, it’s about understanding cosmic nourishment (not just physical nourishment) and living without limits.”

Castello also says her health has increased despite not feeding her body any nutrients from food:

“Since Breatharianism, I feel healthier and happier that I’ve ever done before,” she said. “When I was younger, my weight fluctuated but now after having two children, my body bounced back to its natural shape immediately.

“I never suffer from PMS symptoms any more and I feel more emotionally stable.”

Many people have reacted with disbelief to the couple’s claims though.

According to the NHS, “eating a healthy, balanced diet is an important part of maintaining good health.”

They recommend a balance of fruit, vegetables, starchy foods, dairy or dairy alternatives, protein, unsaturated fats and plenty of fluids.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7792841.html

peace...
    ~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

2. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Skywizard For This Post:

aoibhghaire (18th June 2017), Ashy67 (19th June 2017), bearhug (18th June 2017), Ben (18th June 2017), Bill Ryan (17th June 2017), Bluegreen (18th June 2017), Bruno (19th June 2017), Cipher (18th June 2017), DeDukshyn (18th June 2017), drneglector (18th June 2017), dynamo (19th June 2017), Flash (18th June 2017), happyuk (18th June 2017), Heart-2-Heart (18th June 2017), Heavy Duty (11th November 2017), Iloveyou (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), Kryztian (19th June 2017), Limor Wolf (17th June 2017), mab777 (20th June 2017), Matt P (18th June 2017), meat suit (19th June 2017), NancyV (17th June 2017), Ol' Roy (19th June 2017), Omi (18th June 2017), Pam (18th June 2017), RedSun88 (18th June 2017), Richard S. (18th June 2017), RunningDeer (17th June 2017), Sophocles (18th June 2017), toppy (18th June 2017), Verdilac (18th June 2017), WhiteLove (18th June 2017), Wind (18th June 2017), wnlight (21st June 2017), Zampano (18th June 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Default Re: A Breatharian Couple in Ecuador

Anyone who only eats five times during their pregnancy is an abusive parent.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Rich (9th August 2017), sunwings (18th June 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Hi AutumnW, that is unfortunately a misconception who does not understand the existence of abundance in our world which is heavily hidden and overlayed, and the origin of some of the beings (people) here as an energy beings, or the truth of food as a programming of society that basically grounds people to a denser level and to the virtual simulation version of this planet.

The body that skips that food programming simply shifts from that program to it's more natural state. Other programs like that that controls society are - age, the regeneration of cells, diseases, beliefs and perceptions, any type of limitation. There is another aspect of ourselves as Avatars, and who we really are feeding while we eat and consume animals, but that is another story..

Here are some videos of the Ecuadorian couple -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhAdUS5RcEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXOs_JoQGLU

All the best,

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 18th June 2017 at 08:49.

6. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

aoibhghaire (18th June 2017), arthurwhite (20th June 2017), Ashy67 (19th June 2017), Basho (18th June 2017), bearhug (18th June 2017), Ben (18th June 2017), drneglector (18th June 2017), dynamo (19th June 2017), Franny (19th June 2017), Heart-2-Heart (18th June 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), Kryztian (19th June 2017), Matt P (18th June 2017), NancyV (17th June 2017), Pam (18th June 2017), Richard S. (18th June 2017), robinr1 (18th June 2017), seko (17th June 2017), Skywizard (18th June 2017), toppy (18th June 2017), Wind (18th June 2017), wnlight (21st June 2017), yelik (18th June 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

What kind of confirmation do we have of these claims? Why is a relatively mainstream place publishing this? What is the purpose of this idea becoming mainstream?

“And I knew my son would be nourished enough by my love and this would allowed him to grow healthily in my womb.

Do you understand how WOO WOO this sounds?

Limor,

Do you practice this lifestyle? If not, why? If so, could you please explain more about this from a personal point of view.

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

It's funny how people think that energy comes from only calories. Did we not all learn that oxygen is the main energy source for all animals? How does a scrawny 120 lb person raun a marathon, or complete a circuit on Amercian Ninja Warriors? They breath and get their energy from oxygen.

I eat almost nothing- maybe 1000 calories a day, and yet I have few extra pounds, I'm currently 190 and 5'-10.5" so not super trim by any means. I did learn (or rather train myself), when I was much younger to consistently deep breath (6-8 seconds per every full breath). I now do take vitamin supplements to ensure I am not lacking other molecules, but find relying on food for a sole energy source as unnecessary.

One can also consider that caloric restriction is the only proven way to extend human lifespan - energy sourced from calories actually causes aging, as the energy from that source creates byproducts that contribute directly to the aging process. Caloric restriction also induces about 300-400 gene expression changes - basically activating new genes not used and deactivating others.

I do have to say, I eat whatever I crave - anything really, and I don't eat incredibly healthy, but when you crave less, eating what you crave becomes less a problem ... in fact I might just be eating what my body wants me to and not what the pleasure/addiction center of my mind wants (i have no preference for sweets at all). I have read reasonably researched articles on the topic of addictions to calories themselves and how corporate food giants maximize and leverage this.

I don't necessarily endorse caloric restriction, but the preliminary research is fascinating, yet I have noticed it is a topic highly filtered on web searches, and it seems to be a sensitive topic overall.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 18th June 2017 at 02:46.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

9. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

arthurwhite (20th June 2017), Basho (18th June 2017), bearhug (18th June 2017), Ben (18th June 2017), Bluegreen (18th June 2017), Bruno (19th June 2017), drneglector (18th June 2017), dynamo (19th June 2017), guyres (18th June 2017), Happyjak (18th June 2017), happyuk (5th November 2017), Heart-2-Heart (18th June 2017), Heavy Duty (11th November 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), Matt P (18th June 2017), meat suit (19th June 2017), Orph (18th June 2017), Pam (18th June 2017), Richard S. (18th June 2017), robinr1 (18th June 2017), seko (18th June 2017), Skywizard (18th June 2017), Sunny-side-up (18th June 2017), toppy (18th June 2017), Wind (19th June 2017), wnlight (21st June 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,667 times in 638 posts

This reminds me of the documentary called EAT THE SUN. It is a must watch documentary, where one man goes through a sun gazing process and explains articulately how it really does feed him.

He meets many other sun gazers along the way, including an Indian man who claims to sun gaze, at not to have eaten for twenty years.

SPOILER ALERT!

At the end the Indian man is caught eating at an Indian Buffet, claiming sometimes my body cries out for food. (understandably )

Would like to see a documentary about Breatharians, if anyone could recommend one. However I´m pretty sure these guys eat more than they are telling us.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

arthurwhite (20th June 2017), AutumnW (18th June 2017), Ben (18th June 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), Matt P (18th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

Here is a comment posted by Jerocho Genesis Sunfire under a Youtube interview with him.

He is/was known as the "breatharian personal fitness guru". You will see that he says what is called breatharianism is a new age scam and he distances himself from it.

A long time ago I read that he was suffering mentally and with physical ailments from breatharianism but I cannot yet find those articles. I think it is highly irresponsible of the Independent newspaper to put out that article.

To avoid any confusion, the following is a quote of the comments of Jerrico Genesis Sunfire and not from me (see comments under video on Youtube at www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDvdVEh835E).

Here's his comment:

Quote Genesis Sunfire 2 years ago

This post is for the people that follow my work. As I said earlier, me and wifey are going to have a good facebook clear out but before we do that I want to mention something first, in the hopes that you can pass it on whenever people mention my name. I held the last few camps purposely not to be a guru and teach but to say goodbye, I wanted people to get a "glimpes" of the real me before I left the scam they refer to as breatharianism and not be left with the new age lies and rumours, I added campsters and others on this facebook page for the same reason, now that time is over and the purpose has been served.

I want those that are interested to know that I no longer promote breatharianism because it is a scam, none of the mainstream guru's live it yet they sell it as fact to the weak minded seeking something to believe in, I can tell you that it's all fake, all of it. Anybody that teaches it is a fake because you cannot be public and live a breatharian life, you cannot regularly do workshops dealing with groups of people and live a breatharian life, I know this for a fact. Infact anybody using the term breatharian or claiming to be breatharian doesn't know what they are talking about or is a fake because anybody that really knew anything would know that the term breatharian is totally redundant and is a scam with the aim of parting easily fooled people from their money.

The fact that the body produces 1.5 to 2ltr of saliva proves that point perfectly and blows the concept that a breatharian has NOTHING completely out of the sky and that's just one point, there are many more practical points. It is my belief that with the initial help from internal cleansing and giving the body time to heal from the mental addiction withdrawl process and destructive physical effects of processed foods (at least 15 years in my opinion) , the body is indeed a self sustaining organism capable of managing itself for very long periods of time with no problem at all. I no longer believe in Breatharianism, the term breatharian dictates that you have nothing but some external energy that sustains you, the body is redundant and for you to live food/liquid free you must tap into this ancient new age energy via breathing exercises and meditation to live, it's all based on consciousness with no need to transition, no need to focus on anything physical.

This is a romantic concept but unfortunately this is where people get themselves messed up, instead, through my own personal experience I believe that with the evolution of the human and technology, the modern human is a totally different beast from the ancient times, the modern human now has mechanical transport, air pollution/air conditioning, addictive chemicals in foods, GMO, climate change, higher levels of mental health issues, rampant sickness and disease, wi-fi, cell phones/internet, the list is endless, so the so called ancient teachings are redundant and no longer valid and are now reduced to just being romantic tales.

Can a human be PERMANANTLY food free and liquid free, with regards to the food thing, in my opinion YES, a human can be permanantly food free for sure, can a human be permantly liquid free, MAYBE, I would say yes to this too but I say maybe because if you are in mainstream society, dealing with stress, people's everyday issues, doing mainstream things in all kinds of heat and artificial environments it's not wise to eliminate the option to have external liquids as back up and then yes a human can go long periods without external liquids and will be sustained by the human bodies production of saliva and other things, but even then you would have to live in a very controlled and disciplined manner if you are to stay in society. If you put yourself in the himilayas, keep yourself away from sun/heat/light and human contact and don't move then yes, a human can PROBABLY be permanantly liquid free too, very safely but that's just not practical in my opinion.

I believe to live life based on the definition of breatharianism is slow suicide, I've lived it in mainstream society for many years and it's been my downfall from the skeptisim to the fact that it's pretty much impossible to maintain mostly because it's simply redundant, it's a constant internal fight because it's a fairy tale, it has taken me over a decade of being burnt out to figure it all out. I've sensed this for years and wanted to get to the truth because I knew something wasn't right and with no human to trust the harsh realities of nature has been my biggest teacher, the plants and animals have been the ones that I have looked to for guidance/example.

After years of observation/research I have found that every wild animal/plant internally sustains itself by default for very long periods of time with minimal external nutrition as back up, nearly all living beings including the domesticated are capable of going without nutrition/food for very, very long periods of time, some out in the wild go several months to a year simply self sustaining but all depend on something at some point, to me this is where the truth lies, at some point in life you will need something external, you must keep that option open and live with no rules, no ego's, no definitions, just living as life should be lived. This is how I've wanted to live all along and now I'm with wifey I'm going to do it because I'm loved and supported, I believe I have found a truth I can live by and live it with a happy heart, the fame never interested me, that **** came with the new age breatharian lable, I was just searching for a truth I could live by, infact, nothing much is going to change except for my understanding of what I want, I have always wanted to live naturally no rules and not live someone elses insanity, who would of thought this would be so hard to do. This is what you get when you follow the masses without question.

As of yesterday I will no longer be public property, I will no longer do camps, sell books or do consultations, what I know is now between me and wifey and a chosen few and doesn't need to go further. I'm going to have fun as me, not a breatharian or diet.

I see many people online that claim to know me "real well" after this you guys will see through these people, nobody has really taken the time to ever know me through out this dietry journey except wifey and a chosen few. So now you guys know the deal, now you guys know different.

Take care guys and it was an honour to work with you. G.

Last edited by IChingUChing; 19th June 2017 at 08:43.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

Akasha (18th June 2017), AutumnW (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), StandingWave (18th June 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

From www.rawsomehealthy.com/breatharian-myth/

The Complete Myth Of Breatharianism Exposed

Breatharianism – a much romanticised concept that you can live without any food or even water – attracts many people. Is it genuine or just a myth, and a potentially dangerous one?

In this video, Yulia exposes the illusion of breatharianism and reveals how one of the main proponents of breatharianism called Jasmuheen, failed, under close supervision, to demonstrate that she can live without food. You will also find out about our personal experiences of meeting breatharians and much more!

Do you know about breatherianism? Met any breatherians? Have your thoughts to share on this matter? Please post below!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

Akasha (18th June 2017), AutumnW (18th June 2017), Bruno (19th June 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Member Jantje's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 times in 181 posts

There is a difference between being a breatharian and claiming to be one. A video on youtube of someone claiming not to have eaten food for an x amount of time does not prove anything.
    I also wonder why we have a digestion system if we don't need food to be processed by the body to get nutrition.

I remain skeptical on this topic for now.

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jantje For This Post:

AutumnW (18th June 2017), Ben (18th June 2017), DeDukshyn (18th June 2017), drneglector (18th June 2017), Eram (19th June 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), PurpleLama (18th June 2017), seko (18th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017), Wind (19th June 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,163 times in 1,390 posts

Not to undermine what many have written in favour of this kind of activity……..but……..I remain highly skeptical of breatharianism. Let me live 24/7 for a month with one of these practitioners and I may come round (or catch them having a sneaky midnight snack).

Also, as with all activity which may appear suspicious, the old adage, “follow the money” often goes a long way, as I feel it may have done in this instance. Visiting Camila Castillo’s shop one can start to get a sense of the marketing behind such a concept - In other words, this is a far cry from the old breatharian woman in Yogananda’s Autobiography of a Yogi (which I also remain highly skeptical of) :

4 Day Live Pranic Woman Program - $399

4 Week Pranic Woman Video Course - $297

Personal Session With Camila - 60 minutes - $170

Pregnancy (I assume that is advice rather than offering breatharian surrogacy, lol) - $3060

Preconception - Postpartum - Complete Accompaniment - $4800

The list goes on……

I'm not begrudging the woman a living, but as one can see, this appears to be a very lucrative business venture.

Does she have a connection at The Independent? Did she pay them? I don’t know but she’ll get a hell of a boost in website traffic now….that’s for sure!

(I'll be honest, going "from vegetarians, to raw vegans, to fruitarians and finally to Breatharians" but "recommending dairy" was a bit of a red flag for me too.....hmmmmm).
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

AutumnW (18th June 2017), drneglector (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Retired
    Thanks

Quote Originally posted by IChingUChing : Breatharianism – Is it genuine or just a myth?
    There is a wonderful and interesting learning curve ahead that will put all 'is it a myth or not?' conversation to futile, with regards to anything or anyone, states of being, situations and all experiences. All types of experiences do exist (in potentiality and in within it's materialization),therefore there are gurus and 'frauds' and real sincerity that may perhaps not be entirely accurate at times, and there is real genuine state of being.

Love, compassion and tolerance while we begin to understand this world, while we begin to understand (and remember us), and how things were operated, with no malice towards any type of experience, may help us greatly

Many Blessings ~

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 18th June 2017 at 09:49.

21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Ankle Biter (18th June 2017), arthurwhite (20th June 2017), Basho (18th June 2017), bearhug (18th June 2017), Ben (18th June 2017), drneglector (18th June 2017), Franny (19th June 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), Matt P (18th June 2017), Pam (18th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017), Wind (19th June 2017), wnlight (21st June 2017), wondering (18th June 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

Is it abuse if the baby is perfectly healthy and happy?

I would have thought regular readers around here would be more careful not to say anything is impossible in this world of mystery, with the power we have to manifest what we want. I have been noticing references to this ability for many years. I have never tried it but I've also never climbed the world's most dangerous cliffs without ropes. Doesn't mean because I can't do it that it can't be done. Human creation has never ceased to amaze so I'll remain openminded and continue exploring even though I'm not even close to the level of surviving off "universe juice." [Kung Fu Panda reference from 2008]
    What a cool concept though. Imagine if we didn't have to destroy another life form in order to survive. Sounds like a great evolutionary leap that would change our entire existence. Lets dream!

Oh, and just for giggles...the universe juice scene 😉😁
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Basho (18th June 2017), Ben (20th June 2017), drneglector (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), Joe Akulis (19th June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), Ol' Roy (19th June 2017), Pam (18th June 2017), Richard S. (18th June 2017), robinr1 (18th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017), wnlight (21st June 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Limor Wolf (here)
    Hi AutumnW, that is unfortunately a misconception who does not understand the existence of abundance in our world which is heavily hidden and overlayed, and the origin of some of the beings (people) here as an energy beings, or the truth of food as a programming of society that basically grounds people to a denser level and to the virtual simulation version of this planet.

The body that skips that food programming simply shifts from that program to it's more natural state. Other programs like that that controls society are - age, the regeneration of cells, diseases, beliefs and perceptions, any type of limitation. There is another aspect of ourselves as Avatars, and who we really are feeding while we eat and consume animals, but that is another story..

All the best,

Limor

Limor, I really appreciated your post. I would love it if you would tell us more about your statement.

Quote ...and who we really are feeding while we eat and consume animals, but that is another story..

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

arthurwhite (20th June 2017), Ben (20th June 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), Limor Wolf (18th June 2017), Matt P (18th June 2017), seko (18th June 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

There have been accounts of breatharianism throughout history. There is a very interesting account in the book "Autobiography of a Yogi". Lets imagine that it is possible, one could avoid the toxins we have created that are throughout our food chain if one could access energy directly.

When I take a tiny cutting of a plant and put it in a glass of water and it eventually turns into a large plant, I never cease to wonder at that. How does it create so much structure from water? It doesn't seem possible. Is the plant respirating what it needs to grow new structure directly?
    Last edited by Pam; 18th June 2017 at 12:42.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Ben (20th June 2017), Bluegreen (18th June 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), Matt P (18th June 2017), Richard S. (18th June 2017), wnlight (21st June 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 times in 233 posts

In mid January last year, when sitting on the beach of a bay, with the sun just setting over the hills on the other side, my intuition led me to gaze at the sun till it set, whilst doing breathwork at the same time.
    What followed for a reasonably mild DMT trip, that lasted for about 15 min, then took about an hour for me to gently come back to 'normality'.
    A bit of research led me to believe i'd activated my pineal gland and that it had flooded my body with DMT. And from my perspective that's exactly what happened.
    The two times I have done that since, at the top of my local park, have immediatelly led to quite incredible synchronistic meetings with people, who just so happened to either have been having the same experiences, or were totally in tune with, and understanding of, what i'd experienced.
    Each time it has felt like I was opening up my energetic self, and letting go of negative feelings, emotions and truamas, thus leaving space for new positive experinces and energies to enter my being.
    I really believe we all have it in us to utilize the sun's vitality, in order to create a world where we consume so much less food, are cured of illness, and dare I say it, develop the 'extra sensory powers' that are surely part of our current evolutionary trajectory.
    Last edited by Ben; 19th June 2017 at 21:59. Reason: Spelling/grammar

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

arthurwhite (20th June 2017), Eram (19th June 2017), Jantje (18th June 2017), Limor Wolf (18th June 2017), Matt P (18th June 2017), Pam (18th June 2017), robinr1 (18th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017), wnlight (21st June 2017), yelik (18th June 2017)

30. Link to Post #16
    Retired
    Thanks

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Quote Posted by Limor Wolf (here)

All the best,

Limor

Limor, I really appreciated your post. I would love it if you would tell us more about your statement.

Quote ...and who we really are feeding while we eat and consume animals, but that is another story..
    Hi Petpam, insted of answering direct, I would like to share my different phases of food intake. When I was young, age 3-5 I was made to eat. Like all mothers (under program) that was thought best and that 'breakfast is needed' ,my body didn't need it, but I wasn't allowed to get out of the table if I didn't eat what's on the plate, and because of my family being under more programming and cohercment than others.. I ended up more then once having the plate content on my face. Whenever was possible, I would throw the bread topped with jam out of the window and all sorts of acts like that.

At the age of 10 I became vegeterian after my brother and I, who were playing ball, had to climb over a slaughter house fence to get it back, that evening my brother 'illuminated' me that what is served to us is a 'dead cow' - when my mother verified this, I was pushing the plate far from me. I simply couldn't. but I felt symptoms of unappreciatedness all around society back then (collective programming), at the beginning my body craved what I love to eat before that, but soon it ceased.

I always wanted to be a vegan, that was an awarness and an inner feeling, but the body in it's density didn't let me, I have tried a couple of times, as I felt it's my nature, in the first two days I felt full of energy and upliftment, as soon as I would continue, not only the energy dropped tremendously, but I could feel all sort of strange sensations, an overall feeling of lack, rather then nourishment - that like with many, have led to the conclusion that 'this is not for me', 'I don't know how to do it right', 'this is not meant to be' - and 'that is risky and I am entering a state of malnourishment' (which is not entirely untrue knowing how energy is being harvested) my spirit said otherwise, but my body had it's own ideas.. or had it?

Finally, one day I watched the famous Gary Yourofski YouTube video, that was sent to me, even though not thinking that there's 'anything new under the sun', but when finished I went to the refrigerator and throw all the dairy and milk products that were there (that movie seems to be having this affect on many people..) . The next day I became vegan, my will was stronger then anything that gave resistance in my body. That was happening on 1/11/11

At that point the level of interdimensional interference on beings in a human body became more and more visible and understood, moreso having the abductions and strangest things in my life which led me into research (as most of us here, each and their own 'nisch'), and when connecting the dots of the many behaviours of our society in mind, body and mental influences (hard to explain but so easy to see around us with the right set of glasses), all our institutions (hospitals are good example.. but schools and most anything else as well) are working as an energy harvesting 'machines' and are not for the benefit of human beings.. so, to the benefit of who? Are we really that limited that we have to give our life, energy, and our being to be dependent on something of a system or on someone else? the way it was done is that we do give our 'consent' according to a very twisted universal law (a bit of a bullocks here..please excuse me) while we attend those institutions that we were conditioned to visit, being in the state of amnesia knowing nothing else. Taking it further in perspective, it's a gloom reality that is being exposed, on one side of the coin and a positive one on the other, because now we can help ourselves (the game of duality, which is reflected in this planet in it's overlayed dimensional expression. as consciousness does not play with each but containing the all)

So many games are being played with and via human beings, the political, educational, governmental, entertainment aspects of our society is being controlled, no ET disclosure is needed but a much much further one, and so does our BODY. No, we are' not alone in the world' (and niether alone in our body), but that is not about the 'crazy ET's disclosure trend that is about to be presented to us while we are meant to act upon it, react to it, play our 'roles' - looking outside again, while overlooking the truth of our true selves.. are scripted to praise the saviors that will come to help us that are under systems of programming themselves - another type of parasiting in sheep's clothes over the unaware.. up untill consciousness strike which will stop all this unadequate permission over our human race, this is well under the sleevs. The human treasures are far and sought after, and we are kind and in spirit am accommodating and connected to all sentience, plants included, so it's far far deeper than that.

Now, if our bodies are Avatars, meaning our bodies are like a car, the question is, who do we give permission to drive our vehicle, knowingly or not? would that be an outer source or our own spirit? Are all our sensations, thoughts, beliefs, body conditions our own?

That may not be true to all, though, as our Earth society is not homogeneous one - therfore the parasiting and the being parasited 'roles' - that we consider as ' normal' - and often say - '' such is life' - but that is not true... food is a programming that is meant to keep the human body under density and mute and subdue the human cosciousness, food intake considerd normal and we can't IMAGINE anything else, strict in our convictions, we are literally programming ourselves, and are keeping the limitaions and the true free will going, the energy that we generate via all means of our lives is passed on, not to say taken. So, it is about to be quite exciting, wonderful and necessary kind of awakening that is coming up, Let it be for the highest good and for the highest benefit of all.

Blessings,

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 18th June 2017 at 15:44.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Alekahn2 (19th June 2017), arthurwhite (20th June 2017), Basho (18th June 2017), Ben (19th June 2017), Bluegreen (18th June 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), Jad (19th June 2017), kirolak (20th June 2017), Libico (19th June 2017), Pam (18th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017), Wind (19th June 2017)

32. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Jantje (here)
    There is a difference between being a breatharian and claiming to be one. A video on youtube of someone claiming not to have eaten food for an x amount of time does not prove anything.
    I also wonder why we have a digestion system if we don't need food to be processed by the body to get nutrition.

I remain skeptical on this topic for now.
    There's two parts to this -

1) there is getting energy from oxygen, which is called aerobic energy, and everyone knows they get winded when they do cardio because the body needs more energy in the form of oxygen. We get this oxygen through breathing. Hence the breathing provides energy. Whether this is real or not is not up for debate - it's known scientific fact.

2) aside from energy, a body needs nutrients. Why/how we need nutrients will be explained below, but one cannot create nutrients from oxygen - this is not possible.

In regular people, the body only switches to using aerobic energy when larger amounts of energy are needed to be expended over a very long period of time - long distance running is a perfect example. In all other scenarios, the body uses energy from calories that is stored in the blood and in muscle tissue. Pro bodybuilders often ingest 10,000+ calories per day to fuel their huge muscles. The muscles get huge so they can store more energy - but this energy comes strictly from calories. A long distance runner's muscles are different - they burn aerobic energy from oxygen and don't need to have any large size to be effective or efficient. This is how extreme long distance runners are often very thin, yet the energy they put out during say a marathon run is relatively huge - far more than a body builder in a typical workout scenario, because oxygen is converted to energy "on the fly". When anyone is in a normal resting state (the main state of every westerner the vast majority of the time in our "exotic" western lifestyles), they burn calories anaerobically -- meaning they burn calories as their vast main energy source.

I don't know much about breatharianism, and can't comment directly on that and what the trends are, but I can say one can train their body to breath efficiently at resting state and force their body to get much more of their energy from oxygen as opposed to food. This requires dedicated breathing practices and techniques. When this happens, the body needs far less energy from calories, and a very low calorie diet becomes adequate for energy sustenance.

Now at the same time that calories are greatly reduced, the body will go through 300-400 gene expression changes. What do all these gene changes do? It's not fully understood, but some of the gene changes put the body into an extremely efficient mode. That is the thing with the human body -- it is incredibly adaptable -- if you feed it a fat and calorie rich western diet, it will generally become inefficient at processing food and energy, because it can - it is getting excess of what it needs. When calories are restricted, the body senses that it needs to become highly efficient at processing inputs to maintain proper functioning and the gene expressions change to produce this effect. This is why extreme low calorie diets fail at causing one to lose weight - the body just goes into efficiency mode, and when one tries to resume normal eating habits again afterward, you just gain more weight, as it takes some time for those gene expressions to change again.

Now the "nutrients" part of it. The human body is an extremely efficient nano-assembler. It can pull apart molecules and redesign them to make new molecules that it needs for proper functioning. The human body utilizes around 6000 different chemical compounds for all it's various process to keep itself alive and functioning, yet only needs about 30ish molecules (in the form of vitamins) and some minerals to create any of those 6000 compounds. That's how good it is at what it does. The body also recycles almost anything it can - sometimes harmful substances like cyanide can be created during some of this processing, yet the body can use trace amounts of cyanide to create other compounds that are useful. This happens inefficiently in a calorie rich environment, and more efficiently in a calorie restricted one, similar to what we see with energy.

The question becomes, what does it take to make the body so very efficient, that it requires no nutrients to keep up all it's chemical processes for normal functioning? This is the factor to consider with breatharianism. It "may" be possible that ones body can become this efficient, but you would need to have all the needed compounds and materials (vitamins / minerals) at a perfect ratio and functioning in perfect recycling so as little to no losses of any nutrient. Most people in medicine will tell you this is not possible.

If anyone is going to play around with caloric restriction or breatharianism, DO NOT gamble on the nutrient part of the equation or disease could be the end result - take very high quality vitamin/mineral supplements as part of the regimen. People who are "breatharian", I suspect have highly efficient bodies, and many of their claims may be true, but if you body is not running as efficiently as you think, a lack of nutrients will inevitably result and cause disease.

All that said, there are examples of people who claim to not eat or even drink much fluids, and have been curiously tested by scientists and military (of course) with no final conclusions.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 18th June 2017 at 18:01.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ben (19th June 2017), Eram (19th June 2017), Hym (18th June 2017), Jantje (19th June 2017), Pam (19th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,043 times in 911 posts

Wow! LimorWolf, Right On....In so many ways.

You remind us of staying connected with our energy levels, the truth about how the food we consume for energy is produced. The question, maybe more important than whether or not it is feasible to attempt to live primarily on air, is WHAT DRAINS US OF OUR ENERGY? The hypocrisy of the human thought process is not noticing how much people drain each other instead of nurturing each other. Who needs parasites, archonic energies that are very, very real, when people feed off of each other the way they do, and the way they accept the divisions entrained upon them by those who influence their lives? I see the negative parasites, including A.I., as feeding off of the left-overs.

Damn it, people. Take back the beautiful and unending responsibility for your own well being. I guarantee there is no downside to removing the shackles imposed by religions and the new religious dogmas of social media and centuries of educational narrow-mindedness. When I measure the power of breath in my life I look to those who I breath easy with as my attraction, my sustenance.

We do have a right to know exactly how the food we eat is made, but if we do not insist on taking responsibility for those things we put in our bodies, in one way or the other our energy is being consumed by something, by someone else. This is not just about air and the prana it provides as the real food for living a healthy life, as uncirculated and polluted air cannot provide the energy needed to live, alive. The simple truth in the lives of those claiming to be entirely or largely living off of air alone, is that their lives are not physically active. Most are not masters of pranic or uhpaanic breathing and few if any do the hard labor, the satisfying work, like those of us in construction do.

Like Dedukshyn I don't eat a large or even medium amount of calories per day. The fact of the matter is that there are very few who can match my energy level and situational awareness, primarily the condition of those I work with, even though I am twice or 3 x's most of their ages. I eat as I have it prepared and have it ready as I feel the need. I am known by friends and co-workers alike to always have extra food available if they don't have any or have forgotten to bring any. On the other hand, if I am offered food by friends, as long as it is not too sugar laden or have meat in it, I will eat as the energy is offered.

Breath is the difference between awareness and control of our lives, as much as that is possible or those things we even care to control. The deeper the breath, the more varied the rhythm of breathing, the more aware we are. So many here know this. Because the topic of this thread is living without the need for food or very little food I suggest that the topic and the heading may be a bit off from the core of what it means to be in control of the energy that sustains us and keeps us vibrant. Though it may seem off topic to some, Limor Wolf's comments and experiences go to the Heart of what this topic is all about. Dismiss her spot on observations and you miss the entire value of the topic itself.

I too have lived with water and tea, without food for 2 weeks at a time, but it was a natural progression of allowing the indoctrination of desire, projected by society, to simply fade from my view. I measured desire and where it came from and saw it, and all years since this time, to disappear from my focus. I was most impressed at how happy I was and how happiness just came in out of it's own accord. It seemed a very natural state, yet it was not measured in relationship to anyone else around me.....It may have seemed very spacey to others. I do know that I could not have stayed without food if I had been working as energetically as I have building, no way. Nor could I have exercised as long and intensively as is my normal state if I had no solid food in me.

A good example of just what energy really means to our health is one I will share here. A driver friend of mine, 400 lbs.+, went way out of his way to find and purchase veggie burgers just for me, when he spent time to make barbecue for our Friday shared lunch. He didn't want to leave me out of the sharing. Even though the grill was dripping with juice from the meat burgers and this is where he grilled my veggie burgers, I ate them. It had been over 40 years since I had any meat at all, but because it was made with so much love it could not be refused. I did not get sick and more importantly I did not project sickness into the food I ate. It came in love, I found nourishment in the veggie-ness and the truth is that the burger was dripping with love. How could I not be nurtured by that?

It is only a higher, thus natural state, of consciousness that takes all of our living habits into account and finds out what and who takes our energy. It is also natural and nurturing to find and allow those who energize us into our lives. Limor certainly expresses a commendable
    awareness of the truth I also know thru my experiences.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Alekahn2 (19th June 2017), Ben (20th June 2017), Bluegreen (18th June 2017), Jad (19th June 2017), Limor Wolf (18th June 2017), Pam (19th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017)

36. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

I don't believe the human body can maintain itself without food forever and yes, I believe that a woman who starves her foetus in the womb is abusive, even if that is not her intent.

Have you seen what anorexia does to the human body? People who are so resistant to material reality that they refrain from eating altogether are not highly spiritual, they are in a weird fight to impose their set of beliefs against all creation. It is a neurotic and narcissistic condition twisted into a spiritual experience.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Isserley (19th June 2017), Jantje (19th June 2017)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,043 times in 911 posts

Anorexia is both an acceptance and a rejection about feeling alive, but breatharians do not binge and purge. Anorexia is a deep trance state of feeling unworthy and not facing the temporary nature of living in a human body.
    These are two very different states of being, certainly not narcissistic-no more than one who touts a know-it-all attitude about their nutritional lifestyle choices.

Jason Asks His Audience to Breathe.....

My son took me to a Jason Mraz concert last night and I mention this because of the very good, the positive, the inspiring message he and his band shared with us. I didn't know the music well because of it's light jazz and reggae based sound but there was more to the experience than than my own personal music. Besides the good music, and the surprising number of middle aged, like me, people in the audience, there was a heart-lifting reality to the power of loving in the midst of our own problems. At the end of the concert he did something very cool. He asked us all to "take a deep breath..........Then another................And another."......(the audience laughed)....(He quipped something hokey about it at the end, which I will include if my son remembers it....something about breath) Singers all know of the power of breath and breathing deeper, sustaining it to express, to share, to inspire...

It is the quality of the air and the life we breath together, the songs we sing together, using the air we breath to produce a powerful harmony that sustains us and makes the life worth living. It is very different living alone in the air we breath than the air we share.

In one of his well known songs "I Won't Give Up" Jason sings..."God knows we're worth it" an assertion of the responsibility that love brings us as a gift to take care of each other, even to the end of some crazy ass relationships.

(If anyone knows how to imbed Jason's song "I Won't Give Up" I would appreciate you place it here in this thread. It fits.)

I was looking to the skies, as I often do, knowing that we evaluate our worth as a group, a humanity knowing full well we create a large part of our realities, even as to the choice to end it all on a large scale, as has been done before in this brief, two-legged odyssey. If you only knew the power, unencumbered by our own acceptances of lack, of not giving up.....Jason and the band may not have seen it, but as one part of his song went "'Cause even the stars they burn, Some even fall to the earth"...an asteroid fell from the sky and went down over the mountains, the Sandias (someone must have caught that...) "We've got a lot to learn, God knows we're worth it. No, I won't give up..."

Breath is precious. Slowing it down, alone, gives life. Though it seems overly simplistic I would bet that breatharians breathe deeper and slower than the average person.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Alekahn2 (19th June 2017), Ben (20th June 2017), DeDukshyn (27th June 2017), Limor Wolf (18th June 2017), Pam (19th June 2017), seko (18th June 2017), toppy (19th June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast