+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spiritual Practices For Becoming Financially Independent / Self Sufficient & Enabled

1. Link to Post #21
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Default Re: Spiritual Practices For Becoming Financially Independent / Self Sufficient & Enabled

Arthur, you have misunderstood Whisky_Mystic, he is not being unkind, the absolute opposite actually, and I'm not saying that for any other reason than to point out there's no reason to feel like he's being unkind to you. A suggestion; if you don't know others' intent then ask, making assumptions with a combative attitude is not the path of least resistance, nor will it prove productive.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

airaspect (26th June 2017), arthurwhite (21st June 2017), Callista (21st June 2017), Eram (21st June 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st June 2017), Spiral (21st June 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,303 times in 5,692 posts

Default Re: Spiritual Practices For Becoming Financially Independent / Self Sufficient & Enabled

Quote Posted by arthurwhite (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    However, if you insist that lust isn't virtuous, and you wish to continue to suppress it, I might suggest that this wealth and freedom you seek will only result in more of it!...for obvious reasons.
    I do not have to "supress" lust . It is a spiritual att-ck which I can sense and feel (like a wave). I know the direction of it and the part of the body where it lands.
    I would think people here at Project Avalon would know what I am talking about.
    Wealth and freedom do not result in more of what is non good.
    The Bible says wealth and prosperity are the result of the blessings of the Lord most high. The Lord gives wealth without any effort on our part and He adds no non-virtue to this blessing. The Bible says that wealth brings us friends while non-wealth estranges even the blood relations.
    The Greeks call non-wealth the mother of non virtue.
    When wealthy(er) and free(er) I was more secure against impious thoughts.
    What you say might hold true for you. Not for me, and the people I care about.
    It is strange that I have to go over the basics in a post with answers that contain such astoundingly basic inaccuracies.

Please if any are non benign kindly refrain from reading my posts or responding or heeding me.

The Bible says alot of things. It might be prudent to ask yourself how * you* feel about such things..instead of seeking an external source.

Good luck in your hopefully non bad journey. I'll leave you to it amigo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Post:

arthurwhite (21st June 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    Arthur, you have misunderstood Whisky_Mystic, he is not being unkind, the absolute opposite actually, and I'm not saying that for any other reason than to point out there's no reason to feel like he's being unkind to you. A suggestion; if you don't know others' intent then ask, making assumptions with a combative attitude is not the path of least resistance, nor will it prove productive.
    Some of the things some of the people have written are alarming to say the least.
    If this is what passes for kindness, I must admit I do feel defensive because I notice a completely different ambiance compared to what I have seen amongst people who are spiritual (or even in civilized settings) ... even in other threads on this forum. I would like to believe you Ms even though I have observed that it is not a kind outlook that some espouse.
    May God forgive me my non-virtuous acts/thoughts.

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    The Bible says alot of things. It might be prudent to ask yourself how * you* feel about such things..instead of seeking an external source.
    Good luck in your hopefully non bad journey. I'll leave you to it am---
    I agree with most of the sublime parts of the Bible.
    I am grateful for the love for the good book that the Lord Most High has given me.

I use the term "non good" to indicate that which is "not good" . I do not use the term "b-d" because I wish to avoid using non positive words atleast in my vocabulary.
    You are doing the exact opposite: using words with non positive connotations to indicate that which is good.

Why would someone with such clear unfriendliness bother to respond? I know I would not resort to such unfriendly behavior. And after writing so why then sign off with "am-go"? Kindly do not assume we are the same ethnicity...
    What may I have done to this gentleman is beyond me.
    My apologies (despite it all) and thank you for responding.
    If people think that such behavior is normal or kind amongst a spiritual people (or even gentlemen or civilized peoples) then that is perhaps surprising.
    I have unfortunately observed such lack of kindness amongst people who have been thoroughly un loved in military establishments.
    I did not advocate such unkind reactions towards anyone in my life (I rather admire and love the military , though not some of its products).
    If I advocated anything it was betterment and protection and service of peoples (through Law Enforcement Agencies and the military) but never unkindness.
    Last edited by arthurwhite; 21st June 2017 at 06:19.

6. Link to Post #24
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Some of the things some of the people have written are alarming to say the least.
    If this is what passes for kindness, I must admit I do feel defensive because I notice a completely different ambiance compared to what I have seen amongst people who are spiritual (or even in civilized settings) ... even in other threads on this forum. I would like to believe you Ms even though I have observed that it is not a kind outlook that some espouse.
    Well it's up to you what you make of your interactions with others, nobody gets to choose that but you. We all perceive through the filter of our own view as individuals.

In my view, God adores you, Arthur, always will, no matter what, no forgiveness necessary.

Much love to you.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

arthurwhite (21st June 2017), Blacklight43 (21st June 2017), Eram (21st June 2017), Nasu (27th June 2017)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Hi arthurwhite and welcome to project avalon.

Have you ever entertained the idea that there might be an "ivory tower" component to your life- and worldviews that limit your ability to attract financial independence, self sufficiency and "being able" to the point that it becomes almost impossible to achieve it?
    From what I read in your posts, you seem to have an extreme idealistic view on how people should live and behave and from what I've learned through personal experience, such a mindset can only result in (often unconsciously) pushing away exactly that which you say to seek, namely: prosperity.

The cause for this is that to aim for such ideals in the way that you show in your posts, you must reject and judge reality, since reality is far from the ideal picture that you hold in your mind.
    That's just the way things work in life.
    Reality is where prosperity is to be found and collected (go to work every day, deal with the (perceived) injustices that you come in contact with in your work, deal with a annoying boss etc), so if you are unwilling to "lower" yourself and get dirty, ...far away from the ideal picture that you hold in your mind, then you kind of shut the door to any of what you wish for.

The solution to your problems lie in untying the knot that your have created in your mind, not in trying to find a niche in the very exclusive conditions that you have set up for yourself in my strong opinion.

Climb down the ivory tower, burn it and role up your sleeves.

I hope you don't take offence in my directness.
    I feel for you and the situation that you are in.
    I've been tied up in a somewhat similar knot for many years and spending time on project avalon has helped me much in untying that knot.
    hylozoic tenet: “Consciousness sleeps in the stone, dreams in the plant, awakens in the animal, and becomes self-conscious in man.”

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

arthurwhite (21st June 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st June 2017), happyuk (22nd June 2017), Mike (21st June 2017), Nasu (27th June 2017)

10. Link to Post #26
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well it's up to you what you make of your interactions with others, nobody gets to choose that but you. We all perceive through the filter of our own view as individuals.
    In my view, God adores you, Arthur, always will, no matter what, no forgiveness necessary.
    Much love to you.
    Some things are perception indeed.
    Other things are just people being subtle, being unkind but hiding the unfriendliness with micro non-pacifisms.
    If someone attends church some of the elderly may resort to subtle non-pacifisms because they are supposed to be polite but on the inside they are not entirely benign.
    The subtle non-pacifisms were / are practiced by the dis-empowered classes (namely the fairer sex) .
    They resort to indirect, subtle cues and messages because they may not be openly unfriendly.
    I am sure Spiral, Mike & Whiskey have nothing to fear and can openly be unfriendly rather than hide it with passive-non-pacifist references in Spanish & beer & alleged dichotomy of life .
    I have noticed this being performed by some men even (some of the beer-drinking variety).
    It is not merely a matter of perception at that point.
    It becomes more of : why do such unhappy folk exist? and proceed to spread their message of non-good news.

Thank you for your restatement of what many Christians have told me repeatedly "God loves/adores".
    There was a person with a medal at a religious institution.
    I asked him what the medal was for , he said he was tasked with evangelizing to Australians and given medals for evangelizing to Australians (saving them by teaching them about Christianity).
    I complimented him and the conversation drifted to how "people in Australia and the Mid East & Asia deserve a white christmas too" (referring to the need for lakes and snowfall and rivers)
    The medal winner said in response "Well they do have white hot sands for christmas" and smiled too.
    I did not say anything then but such a statement though it seems innocuous is in reality a high non pacifism.
    It is not about perception, I hope everyone sees that.
    If you tell these people that to wish "white hot sands" for a people is unkind they are likely to say "Oh but the heat and the deserts are beautiful"
    or "you have to take the good with the bad".
    None deserve such unkindness not the people ok with it (espouse it) , nor the people who have to live with it.
    To many people who do not have a sense of what is pleasant / good / aesthetic such a statement would seem harmless and even a compliment when it is not.
    I wanted to say that when it comes to Australians I have advocated for the best lifestyle , a European lifestyle and better for them and for all the people
    of the world , including self (whether any realize it or not, whether any imagine a better life for themselves or not).
    God loves and adores and that is lovely.
    It would be lovely if His creation also adored one another :
    Adore
    Last edited by arthurwhite; 21st June 2017 at 11:01.

11. Link to Post #27
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Eram (here)
    Hi arthurwhite and welcome to project avalon.

Have you ever entertained the idea that there might be an "ivory tower" component to your life- and worldviews that limit your ability to attract financial independence, self sufficiency and "being able" to the point that it becomes almost impossible to achieve it?
    From what I read in your posts, you seem to have an extreme idealistic view on how people should live and behave and from what I've learned through personal experience, such a mindset can only result in (often unconsciously) pushing away exactly that which you say to seek, namely: prosperity.

The cause for this is that to aim for such ideals in the way that you show in your posts, you must reject and judge reality, since reality is far from the ideal picture that you hold in your mind.
    That's just the way things work in life.
    Reality is where prosperity is to be found and collected (go to work every day, deal with the (perceived) injustices that you come in contact with in your work, deal with a annoying boss etc), so if you are unwilling to "lower" yourself and get dirty, ...far away from the ideal picture that you hold in your mind, then you kind of shut the door to any of what you wish for.

The solution to your problems lie in untying the knot that your have created in your mind, not in trying to find a niche in the very exclusive conditions that you have set up for yourself in my strong opinion.

Climb down the ivory tower, burn it and role up your sleeves.

I hope you don't take offence in my directness.
    I feel for you and the situation that you are in.
    I've been tied up in a somewhat similar knot for many years and spending time on project avalon has helped me much in untying that knot.
    It is written that the word of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe.
    I adore my Lord and because I love the Lord I ofcourse love Netherlands as well (William of Orange I and III are my favorites).
    Perhaps we can have our fair towers and help everyone ascend to their own towers ?
    Last edited by arthurwhite; 21st June 2017 at 16:56.

12. Link to Post #28
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    Hello arthurwhite,
    What is truly preventing you from accepting employment? Is it that life isn't meeting your expectation?
    This is a long conversation. During the interviews I feel spiritual att-cks (strange thing is that they are due to something a patron did, I am suffering on behalf of other people's incorrect acts! that is unfair and just incorrect... I don't even like this patron and have spent time trying to avoid this person and his patronage ) Despite what happens during the interviews but due to my qualifications I still get an offer then the real stuff begins. I suffer from non-aligned thoughts and non-clarity and an inner voice that exhorts me not to accept the offer and to continue with my studies relying on the patron etc.
    The interviews and job offers perhaps don't help (they are for positions that are not so desirable and the interviewer - atleast one of them is nearly always rather impolite and thoroughly unprofessional or usually does something outrageously undignified; which I know for sure should not happen in a professional setting because I have some work experience ...).
    I have spent most of my life doing and learning things I dislike (so I am comfortable with doing things I dislike doing)... and even though I don't think of how much I dislike the line of work I do prepare a matrix of pros and cons and usually the cons win out. The impolite people offering me the job act like they are doing me a favor (with some even adopting a not so nice tone) which makes it easy to turn them down ...

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    What is your dream? What is your mission and purpose? This is what we call your "baby". You are the parent who will give birth to your dreams. So then, do what needs to be done to feed the baby.
    Strange, that this is the part of the post that I was immediately attracted to first and then I got side tracked and completely forgot about these sentences and thought you were not being friendly.
    I am still unsure about the motivations but I will continue with this.
    I asked about my life's purpose and I was kindly blessed with a vision (despite something usually blocking it).
    To put it briefly when I asked for my purpose in life I was shown a vision which to put it indirectly depicted a great part of the kingdom of heaven.
    Now my immediate reaction to the vision was that the way to bring about this kingdom of heaven would probably be in line with my education (I would use my education and everyone would get their Kingdom of Heaven); it was a rather human / practical (maybe even not exactly far sighted, expedient, spiritual etc.) approach. but since then I have learned a little bit .
    What I have learned also is that I am unsure if I am exactly upto this incredibly amazing and beautiful and lovely and precious task (I pray that even my non friends are into bringing about the kingdom of heaven because I am unsure if I may bring it about with some people being not into it or sulking about it, because its supposed to be heavenly) .
    Although I am deeply honored by this small part of a task I would much rather be beautiful and wealthy and live and love and enjoy life and not have to bring about the Kingdom of Heaven , perhaps?
    Really, no blasphemy intended I feel that God and His angels may do that, perhaps? I am perhaps not good at, do not have the right environment, do not have the support or the learning, or the financial cushion or ambiance for it, perhaps?
    Though I have been taught in my moment of distress I would much rather keep a channel open and have some hand holding and just conclude this task and move on with living life... it is like a chronic unfinished business, perhaps?
    And the people who oppose me are not exactly a handful and not exactly weak & perhaps more knowledgeable (but misunderstand me) . Even my friends don't recognize me, and I perhaps don't recognize my friends or my non friends. (as a result I like to think everyone is my friend)
    Since then I may have lost, like lost some hair on my head and suffered from some unpleasant acne scars, perhaps?
    And I may have perhaps lost control of myself maybe, which would be fine if during the loss of control I was only benign to self and others but ...
    I am supposed to "practice" actually which is odd (because perhaps I should be a natural at this if I am perhaps meant for this?)
    and maybe even if I don't need practice (and I may be good at it, I still don't have that sense of security or the feeling of being independent, perhaps).
    And instead I am impatient and not-elegant about it and at times even filled with some unhappiness (or something);
    I mean I don't want to make this a habit ("practice"?), it should be do it once and it happens and comes about, right?
    More like God /angels please do it once and I just want to enjoy heaven , please.
    Why should one need to "practice" ?
    but perhaps this is all a major distraction from the main topic which is for me to become independent enough ; so I may be at ease and do this perhaps elegantly without inconveniencing anyone for I love even the d-vil and my non-friends and cannot bear to see anyone inconvenienced; (when I am myself, which is most of the time).
    The idea is to get some distance from my loved ones who are perhaps not exactly enjoying this, and to then just make this happen, perhaps? so I can get back to living and loving and going out on dates and making movies and music and an enjoyable wholesome awesome life with plenty and beauty and love; I don't really know .... I like certain kinds of peoples who are kind, generous, loving and into the Kingdom of Heaven etc.

So you abundance and independence from the incompatible folk & just living and loving and enjoying life and being beautiful and being around everyone who is beautiful sounds more like my purpose in life , perhaps?

Anyways the point of this whole post is how to become financially independent really so we may live and love and prosper... apologies for the digression.
    Last edited by arthurwhite; 21st June 2017 at 21:44.

13. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member ErtheVessel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 times in 132 posts

I'd like to suggest that "financial independence and living in abundance might be very different things. For me, financial independence implies a kind of separation from the world - a desire to be done with the complexities and unpredictability of humanity and daily life. There is no spiritual way out of this that I know of other than becoming a monk, and that entails a vow of poverty, not financial independence.

Living in abundance, on the other hand, implies a mature spiritual understanding that we are an integral part of All That Is, including endless interdependence and relational interaction. Within the mindset of abundance one understands that "whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

That being said, the best spiritual practice I know of for abundance is to bless, continually, all the abundance you actually have in your life already. Bless any abundance you see around you that gives you joy. And with your thoughts and words of blessing you need to also feel the joy and appreciation and happiness inside of you.

Good luck to you, arthurwhite.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ErtheVessel For This Post:

arthurwhite (21st June 2017), Callista (21st June 2017), Eram (21st June 2017), Nasu (27th June 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (22nd June 2017)

15. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ErtheVessel (here)

Living in abundance, on the other hand, implies a mature spiritual understanding that we are an integral part of All That Is, including endless interdependence and relational interaction. Within the mindset of abundance one understands that "whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

That being said, the best spiritual practice I know of for abundance is to bless, continually, all the abundance you actually have in your life already. Bless any abundance you see around you that gives you joy. And with your thoughts and words of blessing you need to also feel the joy and appreciation and happiness inside of you.

Good luck to you, arthurwhite.
    Thank you,
    How do you bless ? Do you say "God(?/I?)Bless this xyz item or house, perhaps I may be glad to have a house of my own with a swimming pool with ionized water; and a tool workshop; air strip; dock yard and surrounding 10 miles of well-kept grounds "?

16. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member ErtheVessel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 times in 132 posts

Thanks for your question, arthurwhite. For me, blessing is more the feelings than the words. If I am blessing abundance, I focus on the things that make me feel abundant. For instance, if I have money in my wallet, I might simply say to myself, "Bless this wonderful money in my wallet that helps me buy the things I need and want" AND at the same time I call up the feeling inside of me of pleasure and joy and happiness that I feel when I have those things that I need and want. Blessing is a feeling state in my body of gratitude and appreciation for those things - an expectant joy and trust.

The same goes for things I see outside of me that I would like to have in my own life. Blessing the beauty or utility of something and feeling the joy it must be giving to the person who owns it and the happiness I would feel to also own it. This is a very different mindset from envy or "covetousness." When I bless what others have, there is a possibility that there is enough for all, including me.

Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by ErtheVessel; 21st June 2017 at 19:27.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ErtheVessel For This Post:

arthurwhite (21st June 2017), Callista (22nd June 2017), Eram (21st June 2017), Nasu (27th June 2017)

18. Link to Post #32
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ErtheVessel (here)
    Thanks for your question, arthurwhite. For me, blessing is more the feelings than the words. If I am blessing abundance, I focus on the things that make me feel abundant. For instance, if I have money in my wallet, I might simply say to myself, "Bless this wonderful money in my wallet that helps me buy the things I need and want" AND at the same time I call up the feeling inside of me of pleasure and joy and happiness that I feel when I have those things that I need and want. Blessing is a feeling state in my body of gratitude and appreciation for those things - an expectant joy and trust.

The same goes for things I see outside of me that I would like to have in my own life. Blessing the beauty or utility of something and feeling the joy it must be giving to the person who owns it and the happiness I would feel to also own it. This is a very different mindset from envy or "covetousness." When I bless what others have, there is a possibility that there is enough for all, including me.

Hope that makes sense.
    I am grateful for this information, and I don't know if everyone around me does that and I didnt have to do that before (except maybe unconsciously as opposed to deliberately) and maybe it seems like some kind of work maybe?
    I am very grateful and thankful already but it seems like God should just give us the best spirits and bodies and environment and then we don't have to worry about anything, perhaps?
    except maybe frolicking in heaven and being beautiful and beautifying others and loving and being loved etc?
    Thanks though I will immediately get to work on this...

I mention this for these reasons. My Pastor Rev. H. mentioned that I was loved by God and that I did not need to worry or stress out or work so hard- God will take care of me and bless me with prosperity etc.

Well I got an offer elsewhere and I was not pretty or wealthy enough for the lovely people at the Church. I accept that offer, then not even telling them I was leaving, I leave (I thought they told me to leave quietly in the night ...).

Anyways I figured I would leave and attempt to live life fully and well and right; do things to help this country (make the men as beautiful as Rev. H. and the women as beautiful as Kate Upton or Morgan Fairchild) I was possessed with a patriotic spirit (perhaps not so kind). What happened was that I ended up being "helped" by the people I tried to help (I became dependent on the very people I was supposed to help westernize and modernize). I spent some humiliating & dependent years until I ran off back to Rev. H for answers.

Meanwhile when I visited Church I saw that it was overflowing with Indians (@ Rev. H) and with Mexicans (@ Rev. S's church). Both places instead of nice glowing shine were now covered with brown darknesss (literally). Why? If there was a part of me that was not fair I would cut it off and choke it to non life and not have children (the last part is the only part I know how to do). Why did the people I love suffer so.

The Rev. H seemed scared and asked why I had to leave the Church & the state so suddenly. I tried to tell him that I thought that was what I was asked to do, but he seemed afraid and had "Peace" written on the window of his home. The organist asked me if I was ready to get married (with my beloved in this state, no!)
    I was just alarmed and left in a hurry. Next time I dropped by things were even not so nice. The Pastor's kid was smoking! and had tattoos! (the same little beautiful angel I saw from the stage when I would sing with the choir). The Pastor himself was covered with bruises (even more Indians were hovering around).
    The Pastor said nicely that he did not want anything to do with me. I apologized to the Pastor and God for being so immature and for wanting everyone to be white and Protestant Christian (or whatever is the most loving and gentle and best way) and for not liking the Roman Catholics (I was for some reason thinking that the R.C. were trying to subvert the fair Norse folk).
    I then went to the Church of Rev. S and there was a nice Hispanic looking lady there talking about Jesus dying for our sins while I looked for the Pastor and I had a really not good feeling. There were these nice Mexican gents hovering around the Church and the walls looked brown and delapidated. I have asked God about what is happening but my receptors are kind of blocked , I have asked why did it have to happen to people I love and I have guesses but no response.

I don't know whether to cry over what happened to them or what is happening to me. I do both.
    Last edited by arthurwhite; 22nd June 2017 at 04:56.

19. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,514 times in 32,788 posts

Mods announcement:

arthurwhite's last post above ^^ has (rightly) been reported, and that was the tipping point for the mods to take action to reverse our decision to approve him as a new member. I wrote here on RECORD of MODERATOR ACTIONS:
    • New member arthurwhite has been unsubscribed. This is one of the instances where the moderators made an error in approving his application. (He was actually declined the first time, but then made a heartfelt appeal.) We apologize to him, and to the community here. We wish him well, of course, but his worldview is not a good fit for this forum (at all).
    Of course, I'll write to him by e-mail. He's not a bad person — very far from it. One can't imagine him hurting a fly. But I hold my view, not without a great deal of compassion, that he's somehow become very afraid of the world, and much of reality. What we've read from him is his very complicated personal defense against anything or anyone that might possibly hurt him, emotionally or otherwise. While this can all be understood with empathy, it's not a good fit for the Avalon Forum.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bob (22nd June 2017), Bruno (22nd June 2017), Chester (22nd June 2017), Eram (22nd June 2017), Eric J (Viking) (22nd June 2017), ErtheVessel (22nd June 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd June 2017), genevieve (22nd June 2017), Nasu (22nd June 2017), PurpleLama (22nd June 2017), raregem (14th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2