+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jehovah; is he really who he says he is?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: Jehovah; is he really who he says he is?

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    I am still new to Gnostic teachings, but how those who embraced them were persecuted under the Roman Catholic banner! And as far as I am concerned, all religious belief systems call for equal cynicism.
    The Roman Catholic institution is just a monarchy, nothing spiritual about it, nothing representative about it beyond their own drones.
    My cynicism is mostly like, is all religion just some crap people made up because they were like, "yea, that seems like the way things are"?

Anyway, Gnostic philosophy is super fun.
    1. we live in an illusory world
    2. we are a part of an alpha divinity through a 'divine spark'
    3. we can wake up from the illusion
    4. we can commune with the divine and surpass our archon/Demiurge oppression
    that by itself is not very controversial, most major religions have an aspect of these 4 pillars. And of course there's more to it than that.

My problem with Gnostic beliefs is that it's so internal... almost a selfish pursuit. "I'm going to evolve, I'm going to become enlightened. I'm going on to this next level journey."
    One of the things I actually did like about Christianity was that it would only manifest in community. You grew by loving an unloveable. You got fed by feeding others. You became free by reciprocating fear and anger with compassion. That and they usually had fried chicken at all their gatherings.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

Bruno (21st June 2017), LadyKitt (21st June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017), pabranno (21st June 2017), Tintin (21st June 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Quote Posted by bbow73 (here)
    I am still new to Gnostic teachings, but how those who embraced them were persecuted under the Roman Catholic banner! And as far as I am concerned, all religious belief systems call for equal cynicism.
    The Roman Catholic institution is just a monarchy, nothing spiritual about it, nothing representative about it beyond their own drones.
    My cynicism is mostly like, is all religion just some crap people made up because they were like, "yea, that seems like the way things are"?

that by itself is not very controversial, most major religions have an aspect of these 4 pillars. And of course there's more to it than that.

My problem with Gnostic beliefs is that it's so internal... almost a selfish pursuit. "I'm going to evolve, I'm going to become enlightened. I'm going on to this next level journey."
    One of the things I actually did like about Christianity was that it would only manifest in community. You grew by loving an unloveable. You got fed by feeding others. You became free by reciprocating fear and anger with compassion. That and they usually had fried chicken at all their gatherings.
    If I was forced to pick between the two, I would go with the "fun" one. Maybe if the Gnostic version had prevailed, instead of what we have now, we would have had more spiritually empowered individuals, which would have manifested in more spiritually empowered communities.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Basho (21st June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), EFO (3rd July 2017), justntime2learn (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (21st June 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

I guess my point is that it doesn't matter what religion you choose, but how you do it. Whatever form your spiritual expression takes there's an inward path that focuses on yourself and an outward path that focuses on others. My inward focused friends are generally inconsiderate and unsatisfied.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

LadyKitt (21st June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017), pabranno (21st June 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

For what it's worth, it is said Jehovah was the son of Jehav, son of Arus II, son of king Arus the barbarian ... He was of Lyrian descent originally, migrated to the Sirrus star system, then on to Earth, Mars, and Malona a destroyed planet which now circles as the asteroid belt... the scientists of king Arus secretly mated with wild earth females creating a new life form, us ... Arus sought to capture his rouge scientist, instead found a new way to control the new humans, religion...His sons carried on his total control up until around 1,500 years ago, they developed a degree of spirituality, and decided to leave the newly created humans to the course of natural evolution... He returned to the pleadies, where he lives in peace in an allied federation with the plejaren ... this is some information contained in the Edward Meier contact notes... its up to the individual what you choose to believe... not trying to sway anyone, just offering what I have read ... according to the plejaren Jehovah was a Lyrian ET , a blood thirsty tyrant , until he grew up spiritually and changed his mind...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Bruno (21st June 2017), EFO (21st June 2017), Ernie Nemeth (21st June 2017), guyres (21st June 2017), LadyKitt (21st June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017), syrwong (22nd June 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    For what it's worth, it is said Jehovah was the son of Jehav, son of Arus II, son of king Arus the barbarian ... He was of Lyrian descent originally, migrated to the Sirrus star system, then on to Earth, Mars, and Malona a destroyed planet which now circles as the asteroid belt... the scientists of king Arus secretly mated with wild earth females creating a new life form, us ... Arus sought to capture his rouge scientist, instead found a new way to control the new humans, religion...His sons carried on his total control up until around 1,500 years ago, they developed a degree of spirituality, and decided to leave the newly created humans to the course of natural evolution... He returned to the pleadies, where he lives in peace in an allied federation with the plejaren ... this is some information contained in the Edward Meier contact notes... its up to the individual what you choose to believe... not trying to sway anyone, just offering what I have read ... according to the plejaren Jehovah was a Lyrian ET , a blood thirsty tyrant , until he grew up spiritually and changed his mind...
    So,nothing divine about jehovah.
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

LadyKitt (21st June 2017), Mercedes (21st June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    who said this?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

LadyKitt (22nd June 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Go to Mary Sparrowdancer's website: http://www.sparrowdancer.com/ Scroll down to the story, "The Gospel of Judas, Barbelo and Long-Kept Secrets" Very intriguing. A good who is who story.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st June 2017), LadyKitt (22nd June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    South Africa Avalon Member
    Thanks

For Christians: we assume the Bible is the Word of God, but humans have been taking care of it for 2000 years. Satan would have tried to corrupt it for that whole time, but God and the Holy Spirit would not have allowed too much corruption. The various churches would have been corrupted by Satan even more. We are not to follow like sheep, but we must seek the truth. Blind faith is useless, God wants intelligent faith. We seek the truth in order to find it. The Spirit will guide us.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DbDraad For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st June 2017), LadyKitt (22nd June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017), Sojourner (21st June 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,537 times in 4,011 posts

... specifically Christ's death,... the Eucharistic transubstantiation...It becomes more and more clear that Christianity is not what many Christians think it is.
    Christ not being anyone's personal name, if anything, being a spiritual principle, it couldn't die. A person may be called Chrestos, meaning "good, useful, reliable" rather than Christos.

The early followers of Jesus were almost all Gnostics (Ebionite, Marcionite, Nazarean), and yes, they were heavily persecuted and eventually killed by an institution which became the church, which has no scriptural basis. Subsequently they proceeded to invent numerous things, such as the Eucharistic Transubstantion as mentioned, Virgin birth, Vicarious Atonement, Confession, and so on, which rendered the Western branch into its current state, a sort of exclusivist cult, modernized vessel of Jehovah, who, at best, was an old tribal power.

To the extent there could be considered a "Creator" of this world, it is neither perfect nor the true deity, neither did it create but rather shaped eternal matter. So to yearn for this type of being is not something I personally could ever contemplate.

The scripture as generally known conflates Jehovah, Adonai Tsabaoth and Elohim, generally putting these forth as "pick a name, they're all the same", whereas they ought to be distinguished.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (22nd June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017), thunder24 (21st June 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Some additional viewpoints to throw into the discussion:

1. Genesis Of The Grail Kings - a book by Laurence Gardner

Whereas Bloodline of the Holy Grail traced the line of Messianic kingly descent over the past 2,000 years, this second book goes back to the beginning of this line 4,000 years earlier in Mesopotamia. It ties the Old Testament to its earlier influences in Sumer, relating the accounts in Genesis to their original Mesopotamian sources and showing how stories ranging from Adam & Eve's Garden of Eden and Cain & Abel to Noah's Flood have their own "genesis" in the much older stories of the Anunnaki taken from the remarkable Sumerian cuneiform tablets that have only been uncovered within the past hundred years.

Genesis of The Grail Kings Full Lecture Transcript

Quote It is worth remembering, therefore, that the biblical edict to abstain from blood came not from Enki the Wise, but from Enlil-Jehovah, the god of wrath and vengeance who had instigated the Flood, wrought havoc in Ur and Babylon, and had endeavoured to deceive Adam by saying that he would die if he ate from the Tree of Knowledge.
    Read the full lecture here.

2. Is Jehovah an E.T.? - a book by Dorothy Leon

This book describes the origins and activities of various space beings who have posed as "gods". Pinpoints the many Biblical scriptures and other "sacred texts" that describe spacecraft. Exposes recent alien visitations that have inspired modern religions. Using quotes from Biblical scriptures and other sacred writings, this book offers new interpretation to cherished concepts. * Jehovah and JHWH are not the same being. * We were manipulated and duped by E.T.'s posing as "gods". * There is a true God far beyond these imposters. * The "Ark fo the Covenant" was a communication device. * Jesus was sent to nullify Jehovah, the "Father of Lies". * Jesus taught us to see beyond the controlling E.T.'s to the inner Devine Forces.

A reader of this book posted excerpts from each chapter posted here.

{warning, the audio quality of the first video below starts off sketchy, but improves within a couple of minutes after they switch Dorothy's mic}

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paprika For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (22nd June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

I wasted a lot on Gnosis, prolly because of interference via abductions, Catholicism on the other hand has a lot going for it, which is why everyone attacks it, the Communion is about as powerful as you can get, which is proved by black magicians trying to steal consecrated hosts !

This all goes beyond being here, and getting beyond being here is the only goal anyone should be attaining too !

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

bbow73 (22nd June 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (22nd June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Semjase, the plejaren woman who began speaking with Edward Meier in January 1975... Her race is a splinter group of Lyrian descent, the other group went to the Orion region...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (22nd June 2017)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Go to Mary Sparrowdancer's website: http://www.sparrowdancer.com/ Scroll down to the story, "The Gospel of Judas, Barbelo and Long-Kept Secrets" Very intriguing. A good who is who story.
    okay, I see whats going on. The Gnostic writings are not Christian writings. They are mystic writings that appropriate a variety of religions, and in the case of 'forbidden' or 'lost' or 'secret' Gospels they are appropriating Christian narratives. It's fan fiction. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to enjoy from Gnostic philosophy (especially if you liked the movie The Matrix) but there are no manuscripts or fragments that will support authorship or authenticity.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by DbDraad (here)
    For Christians: we assume the Bible is the Word of God, but humans have been taking care of it for 2000 years. Satan would have tried to corrupt it for that whole time, but God and the Holy Spirit would not have allowed too much corruption. The various churches would have been corrupted by Satan even more. We are not to follow like sheep, but we must seek the truth. Blind faith is useless, God wants intelligent faith. We seek the truth in order to find it. The Spirit will guide us.
    please don't lump all Christians together. The circle I ran in didn't profess the Bible to be the word of God, we understood that Jesus was the word of God. Also we didn't believe in Satan or Hell.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

conk (23rd June 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (22nd June 2017)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Spiral;1161884]
    I wasted a lot on Gnosis, prolly because of interference via abductions, Catholicism on the other hand has a lot going for it...
    I should have worded my post more carefully, I try to make a distinction between the Roman Catholic entity and the religion of Catholicism. One of my favorite teachers is a Franciscan. Taught me a lot about the value and method of incorporating personal experience and mindful tradition into my theology.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (22nd June 2017), Spiral (22nd June 2017)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

You are right,we should be free to show other people our perspectives. Especially here where the ratio of awake people to sleepwalkers is drastically different from the one out there.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6Denno For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (23rd June 2017)

31. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

I would strongly suggest anyone who has not done so, should check out the life story of Robert Stanley. What he has lived through & his slant on "The Father" is most unique & seems to go a long way in adding to our understanding the bigger picture of things. It really doesn't matter which version of the Christian church one subscribes to...ALL are based upon what happened in the 300's when a "control" was placed upon which books could be circulated & which could not. Control of the masses is what Rome wanted, & they achieved that!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

gord (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (23rd June 2017)

33. Link to Post #37
    South Africa Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    okay, I see whats going on. The Gnostic writings are not Christian writings. They are mystic writings that appropriate a variety of religions, and in the case of 'forbidden' or 'lost' or 'secret' Gospels they are appropriating Christian narratives. It's fan fiction. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to enjoy from Gnostic philosophy (especially if you liked the movie The Matrix) but there are no manuscripts or fragments that will support authorship or authenticity.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by DbDraad (here)
    please don't lump all Christians together. The circle I ran in didn't profess the Bible to be the word of God, we understood that Jesus was the word of God. Also we didn't believe in Satan or Hell.
    My apologies, not trying to lump all Christians together and I agree that Jesus is actually the "Word of God". ...actual point being that the Bible might have been and lots of churches have definitely been corrupted over the years.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DbDraad For This Post:

LadyKitt (24th June 2017), Noelle (23rd June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2