+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jehovah; is he really who he says he is?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Jehovah; is he really who he says he is?

Jehovah. He is described, or rather describes himself as an authoritarian parent that must be obeyed without a doubt 100% of the time no matter what. No matter what? Or else what right? I mean you don't expect people to just bow down to you for no reason, I mean you don't even have a body, you are just a voice in my head. Well turns out Jehovah is well aware of the power of fear, and how to design it in such a way that the fear propagates across generations. How else but with stories of his wrath to his enemies and his expectations and rewards of his followers. So who was his biggest fan? Abraham of course, who else, and how did he get to be Jehovah's favorite? Well he was willing to perform human sacrifice to show him how much he was into him, not to mention it was his own son, not to mention that this voice in his head actually asked him to, not to mention that this psychopath made his son carry his own death tools up a ****ing mountain. Of course many believers overlook these simple truths, and still remain fixated on the ridiculous notion that Jehovah is God and that he loves them. I see a lot of similarities between Jehovah and his style of rule and that of dictators. They both instill fear in their subjects so as to more easily control them, they both lie compulsively while still acting in contrary to what he says he does or will do. In an awakened earth, religions based on faith would not be able to have as much influence as they do now. Its almost unimaginable, the fact that billions of Christians and Muslims go through life in fear of these discarnate entities, then again it makes sense why the world is such a horrible place to a lot of people. Imagine how different things would be if all that fear could be turned into love. The thing about a story is that it doesn't need to be rational so as to make its point or to create the desired feeling, you know, cartoons are still funny even if the laws of mathematics don't apply to them, we can however always apply logic to a story so as to derive the real truth and not the truth of the storyteller. This is why I say that faith based religions couldn't stand a chance in an enlightened world, because an enlightened world is made up of thinkers, mathematical, logical thinkers, of course this is not to say that we will all be autistic, rather that we will apply logic to everything, including information from the right brain, in the form of dreams, desires, intuitions and more. Think of how differently the story would have gone had Abraham applied logic to the voices in his head asking him to sacrifice his own son, he would probably have diagnosed himself with paranoid schizophrenia with just a hint of psychopathy. This is not meant to be a offensive to anyone based on your belief system, just that the point of the article was to highlight that belief and faith systems can have catastrophic results. It is my view that those most in need of such knowledge are also the least likely to seek it, because the process of rethinking ones perspective of life is both painful and hard but the rewards are so great that it doesn't seem like it was so hard once on the other side, it all begins with a decision, just decide that maybe you could have been lied to as a child, not because your parents don't want you know the truth but because they know that as the truth and often go to great lengths to make sure you see it as truth too. I obviously don't expect any believer to agree with me, as it should be, all I ask is that you be conscious the next time you think about God and worshiping him. Thank You

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to 6Denno For This Post:

Ashy67 (20th June 2017), BMJ (20th June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), conk (21st June 2017), drgreig (20th June 2017), EFO (20th June 2017), ghostrider (21st June 2017), Jackson (21st June 2017), Jad (20th June 2017), justntime2learn (22nd June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), latina (21st June 2017), littleOne (21st June 2017), Mercedes (21st June 2017), Noelle (20th June 2017), Pam (20th June 2017), Paprika (20th June 2017), raregem (20th June 2017), robinr1 (20th June 2017), Star Tsar (20th June 2017), thunder24 (20th June 2017), toppy (21st June 2017), Wind (21st June 2017), YoYoYo (20th June 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 316,834 times in 23,479 posts

Default Re: Jehovah; is he really who he says he is?

An early scholar called Marcon concluded that if one honestly studied the entire Bible — the Old and New Testaments together — one could see clearly that there were TWO DIFFERENT 'GODS' described: one a loving God, the one that Jesus knew and discussed — and the other, The Old Testament Jehovah, a cruel, badass 'God' who was very likely not the real one at all.

This heresy got him excommunicated from the early Roman Church. But he had a most excellent point.

The early Gnostics, of course, said pretty much exactly the same thing, pointing to the extremely unpleasant 'God' of much of the Old Testament as being the 'Demiurge'... an evil, Archontic impostor.

4. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

6Denno (20th June 2017), Andrew_K (20th June 2017), aoibhghaire (20th June 2017), Ashy67 (20th June 2017), BMJ (20th June 2017), Bob (20th June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), Cognitive Dissident (20th June 2017), DeDukshyn (20th June 2017), drgreig (20th June 2017), drneglector (20th June 2017), EFO (20th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th June 2017), gord (20th June 2017), Jad (20th June 2017), Jantje (20th June 2017), justntime2learn (20th June 2017), Kano (20th June 2017), kirolak (24th June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Lifebringer (20th June 2017), littleOne (21st June 2017), Mercedes (21st June 2017), Mike (20th June 2017), OmeyocaN777 (21st June 2017), pabranno (20th June 2017), Paprika (20th June 2017), poetbil (20th June 2017), Praxis (20th June 2017), raregem (20th June 2017), Spirithorse (20th June 2017), Star Tsar (20th June 2017), sunwings (20th June 2017), thunder24 (20th June 2017), toppy (21st June 2017), Wind (21st June 2017), xion (21st June 2017), YoYoYo (20th June 2017), Zanshin (20th June 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,259 times in 607 posts

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled wasn't convincing the world that he didn't exist but rather it was convincing people that HE was GOD.

The Cathars went further and saw the entire material plane as sinful and ruled by this imposter so the goal was to cleanse oneself of the body. Not in a suicide way of course but to live righteously and then go to the plane of GOD. They also viewed Jesus, at least some of them, as an emanation from heaven and not a flesh and blood being as he was too pure for that. Or at least this is what I understand of it. Man I of love Graham Hancocks and Robert Bauvals book on that subject!

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Praxis For This Post:

Andrew_K (20th June 2017), Ashy67 (20th June 2017), BMJ (20th June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), conk (21st June 2017), drgreig (20th June 2017), enigma3 (20th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th June 2017), justntime2learn (20th June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Noelle (20th June 2017), pabranno (20th June 2017), raregem (20th June 2017), Wind (21st June 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,423 times in 2,954 posts

Welcome to Avalon, 6Denno! Love your reasoning! Check out the videos here by Robert Stanley to zero in more on this "god"! Another good source are the videos by George Kavassilas! The works of Joseph Atwill add much to this discussion, if you are interested! The Library here is amazing, check it out!

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

6Denno (21st June 2017), Ashy67 (20th June 2017), BMJ (20th June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), EFO (20th June 2017), Jantje (20th June 2017), justntime2learn (20th June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Mercedes (21st June 2017), Noelle (20th June 2017), pabranno (20th June 2017), Star Tsar (20th June 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,245 times in 1,631 posts

Just the subject that I have been discussing (debating) with a family member over the last couple of days. I've been looking into the practice of sacrifice in Christianity, specifically Christ's death, which fulfilled the "old covenant sacrificial system"; the Eucharistic transubstantiation; and animal and human sacrifices, in the past up until to the present. It becomes more and more clear that Christianity is not what many Christians think it is.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Ashy67 (20th June 2017), BMJ (20th June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), EFO (20th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th June 2017), justntime2learn (20th June 2017), kirolak (24th June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Lifebringer (20th June 2017), Mercedes (21st June 2017), pabranno (20th June 2017), raregem (20th June 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,569 times in 1,605 posts

Quote Posted by 9ofClubs (here)
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled wasn't convincing the world that he didn't exist but rather it was convincing people that HE was GOD.

The Cathars went further and saw the entire material plane as sinful and ruled by this imposter so the goal was to cleanse oneself of the body. Not in a suicide way of course but to live righteously and then go to the plane of GOD. They also viewed Jesus, at least some of them, as an emanation from heaven and not a flesh and blood being as he was too pure for that. Or at least this is what I understand of it. Man I of love Graham Hancocks and Robert Bauvals book on that subject!
    Brilliant!

Does anyone really believe that the Devil Comes with horns, forked tail and pitchfork?

Or does he come as everything you desire?
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

6Denno (23rd June 2017), BMJ (20th June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Noelle (20th June 2017), pabranno (20th June 2017), raregem (20th June 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,744 times in 3,536 posts

There are two. While one was born of God, the other of Lucifer through occult spells and a virgin sacrifice. The one of Rome was of Zeus, Apollo, and other demi gods on the earth. One of Heaven. One copies or imitates, the other actually does the miracles and is the Redeemer/Salvation. The black one crucified was the real one NOT accepted. I AM THAT IAM. Ahayah Assur Ahayah, Son Y'ashayah. His name was removed from the diacese to put the pedophile Caesar Borgia Michaelangelo's lover and the 6th POPE's illigitimate son that raped his sister and killed his brother. This is Satan's deceit upon the world. Remember Christ told the Hebrew Isrealites that "They will hate you, as they did me." And they do hate us here. WE have only been given the 398 year history of slavery and post history, but the real history is that America and England forefathers KNEW who we were and why we were in Africa fleeing from persecution. They called us HEEBOES on the slave posters, but we came from IUDAH. WE are that tribe and and no one would buy our freedom. So...it stands to reason that if Deuteronomy 28:14 happened, then since Hopi prophecy has come(all 9) true, the curse came true that the book is true. This isn't the first destruction of the earth because the people lost their damn minds. WE were to be a sign to all nations that if the MOST HIGH God did it to his chosen, woe to those who don't heed when HE comes again. America NEVER repented and Obediah the only 1 chaptered book is all about this nation, ONLY the RCC and Kings of England removed the Apocrypha that explains that. This is why the word in the bible is played over. Had the POPEs left it alone, every gentile/other human on the earth would have understood God's word as Christ wanted to teach all even gentiles the word. By hiding our history from us, the world has suffered wars and all kinds of evil. WE were supposed to be HIS priests. Notice how our voices, naturally go beautifully transit when we sing. IT comes from our souls, when we mourn, when we praise and when we give thanks. That is what was lost to us. Culture, our place in the world, and our land. UNTIL WE ARE BACK IN OUR LAND, EXPECT MORE TO COME. TELL THE FAKERS TO LEAVE, THEY PUT US IN SLAVERY AND BLAMED AMERICAN WHITES when they had the banks, boats and paid the captains and took out insurance on us if we died on the year journey in the bottom of the ships. Deut 28:29-68 NOBODY FITS THIS BUT US. Seriously. WE are the "hardheaded yoke of iron people, brought in to "egypt again/slavery" He comes, I'm not worried. I've done my job to tell the gentiles so they can repent. Your blood is NOT on my hands now, see. That is my reward, to tell the word of truth to the gentiles in the last days. Repent America and save your remnant.
    PS, You're right though, HE is serious about following HIS laws for the universe and worlds. I think that's why HE sent HIS Son to have a little talk with our people. They/we rejected HIM with the "sanhedrin after being subjected to colloseum life as gladiators and if you didn't bow to the enemy/Harod, Xerxes, then you were put to death. The swinging bodies leading to Rome, were like the South where Southern fruit was hung on trees. Blood on the ground and blood on the leaves. My cousin Billy Holiday sang that song. Just thought you should know. She was a DAY and took the name Holiday. As in Holy Day.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 20th June 2017 at 16:11.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Bruno (21st June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Noelle (20th June 2017), raregem (20th June 2017), thunder24 (21st June 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,744 times in 3,536 posts

They mixed pagan beliefs in our HOLY days.God told us they would "change the image" reject HIS real image. If you go to the site: "YES, THEY WERE BLACK" You will see when you scroll down a Ashkanazi Jewish person whitening up the images. Thank God someone caught him or his family would lose their place in the book of life.
    POPE has the real paintings of the deciples/apostles and even PAUL was black Hebrew Isrealite. They screwed up bad and I see why Christ told John to warn of the awakening of his people in the last days. I was given a 3 books of info. Finished one, still have yet to afford to publish, too much life financial distractions. There are 3. Season Of The Witnesses, Exodust, and REturn of the Witnesses. This last one deals with us after the destruction returning to bring the true word to those that survive it and were spared through repentance. Amazing down loads from 2006-2017. I am still waiting for the other parts to the other two. Since finishing I've gotten a little more, but told to print the 1st. So.... still waiting for that income to do so. I imagine like in the days of the apostles, that the word would come to those who follow covenant. HE said, therefore I believe. He's coming for us. NO man may buy or sell us out of captivity. ONLY Christ. He's all we had here in America. The signs are all around us, but some are blind and politically detached to notice.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

NO I think Satan is reptilian because God commanded him to crawl on his belly.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

LadyKitt (20th June 2017), thunder24 (21st June 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    South Africa Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm a Christian, not a very good one, but I try. Since I was a boy, the Abraham sacrificing Izaak story bothered me. Why would God ask such a thing from Abraham, when He was supposed to be all knowing? I actually asked God to "explain" it to me. I almost got my answer instantly...God did not need Abraham to prove anything to Him, God asked for the sacrifice to show Abraham how much he loved God. In Abraham's time, human sacrifice was common place...Abraham probably expected some similar sacrifice some or other time. God showed him he was different AND he showed Abraham his devotion at the same time.
    I did not "hear" this in my head, I just "got" it. After years of being bothered, I "got" it after asking.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DbDraad For This Post:

Bob (20th June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    South Africa Avalon Member
    Thanks

OP. :
    How old was Abraham at that time, and what happenen before? Abraham trusted God for years and a seemingly irrational request did not dissuade him from that trust...and it panned out well in the end.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DbDraad For This Post:

LadyKitt (20th June 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,423 times in 2,954 posts

Interesting to read all the replies! The events of my own life forced to me to reexamine the belief system I had been brought up in. That led me to try to uncover exactly where The Bible had come from & why we referred to it as The Word of God! A child only knows what he or she has been programmed to believe while growing up. Most never bother to question & simply follow along the path they have been shown. Herve actually had a great post here about all this, but I don't remember what it was called! Perhaps someone else might remember??? We each have to draw our own conclusions, so I won't tell you mine!

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Basho (21st June 2017), Bob (20th June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), EFO (20th June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Mercedes (21st June 2017), Noelle (20th June 2017), pabranno (21st June 2017), Tintin (21st June 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I think Christianity is very misunderstood. It's easy to take an unsophisticated snapshot of what we see and draw unflattering conclusions. It's easier to take experiences with hundred of unsophisticated Christians around you and on TV and draw more unflattering conclusions. And easier yet, take our own experience in an unsophisticated church filled with indoctrinated consumers and make they representative of an entire religion.

I hope this will help:
    1. Genesis is basically Hebrew mythology. An example of what the early practicers of YWHism may have taken as not true stories but stories that contain truth.
    The general theological vibe is akin to how a baby (or infant race) would perceive it's surroundings
    2. 'The Law' is just a record of judicial precedent for a very pre-enlightenment nomadic people that made sense in a desert mobile community.
    The theological vibe is like a child becoming aware of unspoken behavioral rules about what is fair or unfair and when those rules are broken
    3. 'The Prophets' and/or period of the patriarchs is an example of how practicers of YWHism interpreted (again, often in a primitive fashion) the circumstances and events around them. Basically stories of some people that may have had divine encounters or just acted out their cultural norms.
    theological vibe=teenager, "why am I being punished? I was a good Jew!!! why aren't the Babylonians being punished? they were bad!!!"
    4 'The Writings' are very subjective expressions, momentary emotional reactions (sometimes nice and sometimes angry) about God or Israel or people they were at war with.
    theological vibe=college kid that thinks they are the first to discover philosophy and weed. "maybe 'good' & 'bad' don't equate to being 'blessed' or 'cursed' in this life... what if there is something MORE???"
    5 The Gospels, Imagine a non-human has some message of hope for humanity. It decides to take human for so that the audience won't freak out at the sight of it and maybe be able to listen. Then imagine it decides to use a human language and culture in addition to appearance to further the chances of being heard. And then imagine it uses the existing spiritual narrative as a construct to make the message easier to receive... and then it gets killed for being too weird.
    Theological vibe, Unconditional love, anything else perpetuates a cycle of violence, suffering, negative reinforcement, etc
    6. The Epistles, regular Joes trying to make sense of it all.
    7. The Bible, an anthology of the most frequently referenced writings in one easy to use volume.
    I usually say that any religion is more than it's sacred text. And on top of that a sacred text is more than the literal words on the papyrus. It is just as misguided to take such a text literally as it is to judge it literally.
    8. The non-canonical writings, a combination of real but not very useful writings of antiquity, real writings with some fan fiction embellishment, & fan fiction
    If you have any cynicism about the integrity of a writing included in the Bible then it seems that more cynicism would be appropriate for writings not included in the Bible. The Gnostic writings for example were not written by Jewish or Christian scribes, they were a sort of ancient near-east relativists that were attracted to various religions in a phase of controversy or radicalism and produced their own 'mystic' writings based on the particular religion they were fascinated with.
    Last edited by bbow73; 20th June 2017 at 19:38.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

DbDraad (21st June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), littleOne (21st June 2017), Noelle (20th June 2017), Tintin (21st June 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Welcome to Avalon, 6Denno! Love your reasoning! Check out the videos here by Robert Stanley to zero in more on this "god"! Another good source are the videos by George Kavassilas! The works of Joseph Atwill add much to this discussion, if you are interested! The Library here is amazing, check it out!
    Goodness, a new angle I'd not encountered yet. Thanks for sharing that Foxie, and for this discussion thread 6Denno. There are many major figures who are attempting to find and normalize approaches and manors of discussion for Christians who are exploring so many formerly taboo topics in the ufo, paranormal and other realms, such as Michael S. Heiser. Although I left the Church a good 50 years ago, Christianity and all organized religions provide endless insights and explanations into humanity's twists and turns for the last 2,000 plus years.

Kitt

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Lifebringer said: " They called us HEEBOES on the slave posters, but we came from IUDAH."

Hello Lifebringer, I looked up "Heeboes" in the Wikis and even the Urban Dictionary (a reach most likely), and finally a search engine produced a reference to Black Jews. Would you happen to have a link for additional research? Thanks.

27. Link to Post #15
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,730 times in 1,542 posts

Old testament (statement) with all his written and unwritten books/scrolls is a story,of an ancient civilization who inhabited Earth just before us,first spoken than written by our ancestors from our civilization with the warning that if we don't behave regarding planet's environment and human's interaction/s we'll be flushed away as previous was.This short message was,is and will be imprinted in every civilization who will inhabit this planet,until one will understand.Our civilization still don't understand,but we still have time,not much,but is still a chance.

New testament (statement) is an example of a being how humans should be to avoid to be flushed away,again.

How simple it is and it have nothing to do with actual practice of what is called religion.

If clerics will tell the truth will be an awakening,until than we'll sleep having all kind of dreams.

And a worth seeing movie
    Pope Joan - movie trailer (2009)
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

28. The Following User Says Thank You to EFO For This Post:

LadyKitt (20th June 2017)

29. Link to Post #16
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,730 times in 1,542 posts

And one more thing:
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

6Denno (23rd June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), drneglector (21st June 2017), frodo13 (21st June 2017), jjjones (21st June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Mercedes (21st June 2017), Noelle (21st June 2017), Tintin (20th June 2017), Wind (21st June 2017)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Foxie Loxie said: "We each have to draw our own conclusions, so I won't tell you mine!"

No! Please don't ever think that! you have a combination of life experiences unique to you, and as this new information comes along your life's filter processes it and produces a perspective that someone like me might miss because I have not experienced the events of your life in the same way. Your conclusions and perspectives are priceless gems for me, and if you are uncomfortable sharing them here in this thread, please come visit me and we'll talk about it at our leisure, okay?

32. Link to Post #18
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,016 times in 2,535 posts

Quote Posted by EFO (here)
    And one more thing:
    Which is probably why they were inspired to name a pharmaceutical company after him.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

6Denno (23rd June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), EFO (21st June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017)

34. Link to Post #19
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,245 times in 1,631 posts

Quote Posted by bbow73 (here)
    I think Christianity is very misunderstood. It's easy to take an unsophisticated snapshot of what we see and draw unflattering conclusions. It's easier to take experiences with hundred of unsophisticated Christians around you and on TV and draw more unflattering conclusions. And easier yet, take our own experience in an unsophisticated church filled with indoctrinated consumers and make they representative of an entire religion.

I hope this will help:
    1. Genesis is basically Hebrew mythology. An example of what the early practicers of YWHism may have taken as not true stories but stories that contain truth.
    The general theological vibe is akin to how a baby (or infant race) would perceive it's surroundings
    2. 'The Law' is just a record of judicial precedent for a very pre-enlightenment nomadic people that made sense in a desert mobile community.
    The theological vibe is like a child becoming aware of unspoken behavioral rules about what is fair or unfair and when those rules are broken
    3. 'The Prophets' and/or period of the patriarchs is an example of how practicers of YWHism interpreted (again, often in a primitive fashion) the circumstances and events around them. Basically stories of some people that may have had divine encounters or just acted out their cultural norms.
    theological vibe=teenager, "why am I being punished? I was a good Jew!!! why aren't the Babylonians being punished? they were bad!!!"
    4 'The Writings' are very subjective expressions, momentary emotional reactions (sometimes nice and sometimes angry) about God or Israel or people they were at war with.
    theological vibe=college kid that thinks they are the first to discover philosophy and weed. "maybe 'good' & 'bad' don't equate to being 'blessed' or 'cursed' in this life... what if there is something MORE???"
    5 The Gospels, Imagine a non-human has some message of hope for humanity. It decides to take human for so that the audience won't freak out at the sight of it and maybe be able to listen. Then imagine it decides to use a human language and culture in addition to appearance to further the chances of being heard. And then imagine it uses the existing spiritual narrative as a construct to make the message easier to receive... and then it gets killed for being too weird.
    Theological vibe, Unconditional love, anything else perpetuates a cycle of violence, suffering, negative reinforcement, etc
    6. The Epistles, regular Joes trying to make sense of it all.
    7. The Bible, an anthology of the most frequently referenced writings in one easy to use volume.
    I usually say that any religion is more than it's sacred text. And on top of that a sacred text is more than the literal words on the papyrus. It is just as misguided to take such a text literally as it is to judge it literally.
    8. The non-canonical writings, a combination of real but not very useful writings of antiquity, real writings with some fan fiction embellishment, & fan fiction
    If you have any cynicism about the integrity of a writing included in the Bible then it seems that more cynicism would be appropriate for writings not included in the Bible. The Gnostic writings for example were not written by Jewish or Christian scribes, they were a sort of ancient near-east relativists that were attracted to various religions in a phase of controversy or radicalism and produced their own 'mystic' writings based on the particular religion they were fascinated with.
    I am still new to Gnostic teachings, but how those who embraced them were persecuted under the Roman Catholic banner! And as far as I am concerned, all religious belief systems call for equal cynicism.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

6Denno (23rd June 2017), bbow73 (21st June 2017), Bruno (21st June 2017), EFO (21st June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Mercedes (21st June 2017)

36. Link to Post #20
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,016 times in 2,535 posts

Quote Posted by 6Denno (here)
    Jehovah. He is described, or rather describes himself as an authoritarian parent that must be obeyed without a doubt 100% of the time no matter what. No matter what? Or else what right? I mean you don't expect people to just bow down to you for no reason, I mean you don't even have a body, you are just a voice in my head. Well turns out Jehovah is well aware of the power of fear, and how to design it in such a way that the fear propagates across generations. How else but with stories of his wrath to his enemies and his expectations and rewards of his followers. So who was his biggest fan? Abraham of course, who else, and how did he get to be Jehovah's favorite? Well he was willing to perform human sacrifice to show him how much he was into him, not to mention it was his own son, not to mention that this voice in his head actually asked him to, not to mention that this psychopath made his son carry his own death tools up a ****ing mountain. Of course many believers overlook these simple truths, and still remain fixated on the ridiculous notion that Jehovah is God and that he loves them. I see a lot of similarities between Jehovah and his style of rule and that of dictators. They both instill fear in their subjects so as to more easily control them, they both lie compulsively while still acting in contrary to what he says he does or will do. In an awakened earth, religions based on faith would not be able to have as much influence as they do now. Its almost unimaginable, the fact that billions of Christians and Muslims go through life in fear of these discarnate entities, then again it makes sense why the world is such a horrible place to a lot of people. Imagine how different things would be if all that fear could be turned into love. The thing about a story is that it doesn't need to be rational so as to make its point or to create the desired feeling, you know, cartoons are still funny even if the laws of mathematics don't apply to them, we can however always apply logic to a story so as to derive the real truth and not the truth of the storyteller. This is why I say that faith based religions couldn't stand a chance in an enlightened world, because an enlightened world is made up of thinkers, mathematical, logical thinkers, of course this is not to say that we will all be autistic, rather that we will apply logic to everything, including information from the right brain, in the form of dreams, desires, intuitions and more. Think of how differently the story would have gone had Abraham applied logic to the voices in his head asking him to sacrifice his own son, he would probably have diagnosed himself with paranoid schizophrenia with just a hint of psychopathy. This is not meant to be a offensive to anyone based on your belief system, just that the point of the article was to highlight that belief and faith systems can have catastrophic results. It is my view that those most in need of such knowledge are also the least likely to seek it, because the process of rethinking ones perspective of life is both painful and hard but the rewards are so great that it doesn't seem like it was so hard once on the other side, it all begins with a decision, just decide that maybe you could have been lied to as a child, not because your parents don't want you know the truth but because they know that as the truth and often go to great lengths to make sure you see it as truth too. I obviously don't expect any believer to agree with me, as it should be, all I ask is that you be conscious the next time you think about God and worshiping him. Thank You
    This is very interesting indeed. I do need to source, and forgive me for not having it immediately to hand - I will share of course - the etymological interpretation of Jeh - oh - vah . There is much in the Bible (Book of the Els - gods) which is symbolical and conveying a message. I will share as soon as I remember the reference. This is another example of 'yes, you' being represented here: I'll root around and share as soon as I can. In the meantime thank you for sharing this.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

6Denno (23rd June 2017), LadyKitt (20th June 2017), Noelle (20th June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast