+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Trump: I did not record ex-FBI chief James Comey. But someone else may have? 22 June 2017

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Default Trump: I did not record ex-FBI chief James Comey. But someone else may have? 22 June 2017

The Donald could not help a little jibe at the deep state , when he says I did not
    tape our conversations but who knows if anyone else did ? Maybe a nod to the
    alphabet agencies and other leakers. Seems a good troll by POTUS , though it
    depends which side you are on and the mainstream will go after him and his
    supporters will be laughing and clapping their hands....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CIA NN going crazy against Trump as usual....

Trump: I did not make any tapes of Comey

Published on 22 Jun 2017
    President Trump tweets that he "did not make and does not have" alleged tapes of
    talks with former FBI Director James Comey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump: I did not record ex-FBI chief James Comey
    1 hour ago

US President Donald Trump says he did not make secret recordings of ex-FBI chief
    James Comey despite an earlier hint to the contrary.

He said in a tweet: "I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings."

read more...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40375143

=====================================================

WH responds to Trump's Comey tape tweet

Published on 22 Jun 2017
    Deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters President Donald Trump's
    tweet about not having tapes of his conversations with James Comey has given clarity to
    the situation, but would not say why Trump tweeted about tapes in the first place.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 22nd June 2017 at 20:29.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), BMJ (23rd June 2017), Bruno (23rd June 2017), GCS1103 (24th June 2017), genevieve (23rd June 2017), Inversion (23rd June 2017), justntime2learn (23rd June 2017), Nasu (22nd June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017), turiya (23rd June 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Trump: I did not record ex-FBI chief James Comey. But someone else may have? 22 June 2017

Wolfe Blitzer and Sen. Richard Blumenthal's seem to think there must be something
    going on and Trump is guilty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CNN.....

Panel Discuss Trump: "DID NOT MAKE AND DO NOT HAVE" Tapes Of Comey Talks. #Breaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv80ZTDRUjE

Published on 22 Jun 2017

====================================================

CNN...

Sen. Richard Blumenthal's Reacts on Trump Admits He Has No Tapes Of Comey Talks. #POTUS #Breaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd_7atelKV0

Published on 22 Jun 2017

CBS News....

Trump tweets about possible James Comey tapes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF649no-QLI

Published on 22 Jun 2017
    President Trump has posted new tweets about the possibility that conversations between him and
    James Comey were taped. CBS News political director Steve Chaggaris joins CBSN with more details.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 22nd June 2017 at 20:44.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), BMJ (23rd June 2017), Bruno (23rd June 2017), genevieve (23rd June 2017), justntime2learn (23rd June 2017), Nasu (22nd June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Trump: I did not record ex-FBI chief James Comey. But someone else may have? 22 June 2017

Fox and CNN see Trumps tweet differently , no surprise and Tapper one of
    his arch critics think it was why Comey leaked to the press via his friend...

Trump tweets there are no Comey tapes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz1YKHmqGk

Published on 22 Jun 2017....Fox Business news.
    President Trump says that he never made tapes during Comey
    conversations. FBN’s Neil Cavuto and Charlie Gasparino with more.

============================================

Tapper: Comey's plan worked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSv2Abzr_nM

Published on 22 Jun 2017
    President Donald Trump tweeted that he did not record his conversations with fired
    FBI Director James Comey, ending weeks of speculation kick-started by the
    President himself.

===========================================

H A Goodman suggests its all part of the plot to get rid of the Donald
    on 'Trumped' up Russia spying charges...

FBI JAMES COMEY MEMOS WRITTEN TO IMPEACH TRUMP: Practically Written by Mueller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDjIM-a8Uh0

Published on 21 Jun 2017
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 22nd June 2017 at 22:42.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), BMJ (23rd June 2017), Bruno (23rd June 2017), genevieve (23rd June 2017), justntime2learn (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Hi Cidersomerset

Trump, imo, has played it perfectly. In other words, he cast out his fishing line ("Careful Comey, there may be tapes"), and Comey took the bait - hook, line & sinker. It prompted Comey to commit a felony - leaking classified information to the press through a so-called "friend".

I have been asking Director Comey & others,
    from the beginning of my administration, to
    find the LEAKERS in the intelligence
    community.....

5:10 AM - 16 May 2017

The big story is the "unmasking and
    surveillance" of people that took place during
    the Obama Administration.

4:05 AM - 1 Jun 2017

Despite so many false statements and lies,
    total and complete vindication...and WOW,
    Comey is a leaker!

3:10 AM - 9 Jun 2017

Call it the 'Art of the Deal', but it looks like this could very well include Special Counsel, Robert Mueller - who is another member of the Deep State. Also, Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein's head could very well also be on the chopping block... time will tell.

I believe the James Comey leaks will be far
    more prevalent than anyone ever thought
    possible. Totally illegal? Very 'cowardly!'

5:29 AM - 11 Jun 2017

I am being investigated for firing the FBI
    Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI
    Director! Witch Hunt

6:07 AM - 16 Jun 2017

With all of the recently reported electronic
    surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and
    illegal leaking of information, I have no idea...

9:54 AM - 22 Jun 2017

...whether there are "tapes" or recordings of
    my conversations with James Comey, but I
    did not make, and do not have, any such
    recordings.

9:55 AM - 22 Jun 2017
    Last edited by turiya; 23rd June 2017 at 00:30.

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Turiya,
    Exactly what felony did Comey commit? Can you site the U.S.C. to back up your claim? Or maybe in the Federal Code of Regulations? Once you have cited the relevant Code and section please provide the precise moment you believe he commited this felony(I am assuming you are referring to his testimony to Congress). Because from what I remember, he addressed this in the testimony. He is legally in his right to brief members of congress about matters. He did so. That member of congress then leaked the info. He specifically stated that he briefed within the scope of his job and that what the members did with it is on them. I am pretty sure he didnt admit that he wanted/knew they would leak it. But i could be wrong here, it was a long testimony and i watched it mostly in one sitting may have nodded off. . .

On a side note, how much of the testimony did you watch? Not read breitbart or zerohedge of it, actually watch the CSPAN of it?
    Last edited by Praxis; 23rd June 2017 at 01:44.

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Judicial Watch seeks documents
    unlawfully removed by Comey

(Published on Jun 19, 2017)

Weekly Update: JW Pursues Comey Records

JUNE 16, 2017

The Swamp creatures in Washington who gamed the system to appoint a special prosecutor need to be held accountable.

Your Judicial Watch is focusing on James Comey, the former FBI Director who spirited away government documents, then arranged for the contents of those documents to be leaked to the media to force the appointment of a special prosecutor. We aim to get the bottom of both the records’ removal and the leaks to the media, then hold accountable the persons who were involved.

Just today, we sued the Justice Department, which oversees the FBI, for a key Comey memo. The lawsuit seeks access to a memorandum Comey wrote after a private meeting with President Trump regarding the pending investigation of Gen. Mike Flynn and potential Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice (No. 1:17-cv-01189).

We filed the suit here in DC, after the Department of Justice failed to respond to our May 16 FOIA request for:
    The memorandum written by former Director James Comey memorializing his meeting and conversation with President Trump regarding the FBI’s investigation of potential Russian interference in the 2016 United States presidential election. For purposes of clarification, this memorandum was reportedly written on or about February 13, 2017 and is the subject of a New York Times article … dated May 16, 2017.
    The memo purportedly recounts a conversation between President Trump and Comey about Flynn.

(Judicial Watch is pursuing six FOIA lawsuits (see here, here, here, here, here and here) related to the surveillance and unmasking President Trump’s associates during the FBI’s investigation of potential Russian involvement and the subsequent leaking of information about that investigation to the media.)

Having to sue to get a document leaked to The New York Times is a scandal. The memo should be released forthwith, and, frankly, the president can and should order its immediate release.

But the lawsuit was only one of several significant actions we took this week. Yesterday we sent acting FBI Director Andrew G. McCabe a letter reminding him about the FBI’s legal obligation under the Federal Records Act (FRA) to recover records removed from the agency, including Comey’s memos apparently taken by Comey when he left the FBI and subsequently leaked to the media.

My June 14 letter states:
    As you are well aware, former FBI Director James Comey gave sworn testimony last week before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Among other things, Mr. Comey confirmed that, while in office, he created various memoranda regarding his meetings with President Trump. Mr. Comey also confirmed that, after his departure from the FBI, he provided at least some of these memoranda to a third party, Columbia Law School Professor Daniel Richman, for the purpose of leaking them to the press. Various media outlets now have reported that Professor Richman has provided these memoranda to the FBI. It is unclear whether he still retains copies of the memoranda.

I am writing to you on behalf of Judicial Watch, Inc., a not-for-profit educational organization that seeks to promote transparency, accountability, and integrity in government and fidelity to the rule of law. In furtherance of its public interest mission, Judicial Watch regularly requests access to the records of the FBI through the Freedom of Information Act and disseminates its findings to the public. In fact, on May 16, 2017, Judicial Watch submitted a FOIA request seeking these specific memoranda removed from the FBI by Mr. Comey. Judicial Watch also has pending FOIA lawsuits in which the memoranda may be at issue.

These memoranda were created by Mr. Comey while serving as FBI director, were written on his FBI laptop, and concerned official government business. As such, they indisputably are records subject to the Federal Records Act. 44 U.S.C. §§ 2101-18, 2901-09, 3101-07, and 3301-14. The fact that Mr. Comey removed these memoranda from the FBI upon his departure, apparently for the purpose of subsequently leaking them to the press, confirms the FBI’s failure to retain and properly manage its records in accordance with the Federal Records Act. Even if Mr. Comey no longer has possession of these particular memoranda, as he now claims, some or all of these memoranda may still be in possession of a third party, such as Professor Richman, and must be recovered. Mr. Comey’s removal of these memoranda also suggests that other records may have been removed by Mr. Comey and may remain in his possession or in the possession of others. If so, these records must be recovered by the FBI as well.

As you may be aware, the Federal Records Act imposes a direct responsibility on you to take steps to recover any records unlawfully removed from the FBI. Specifically, upon learning of “any actual, impending, or threatened unlawful removal, defacing, alteration, corruption, deletion, erasure, or other destruction of records in the custody of the agency,” you must notify the Archivist of the United States. 44 U.S.C. § 3106. Upon learning that records have been unlawfully removed from the FBI, you then are required to initiate action through the Attorney General for the recovery of records. Id.

In the event you fail to take these steps, you should be aware that Judicial Watch is authorized under the law to file a lawsuit in federal district court seeking that you be compelled to comply with the law. Judicial Watch, Inc. v. Kerry, 844 F.3d 952, 955 (D.C. Cir. 2016); Armstrong v. Bush, 924 F.2d 282,296 (D.C. Cir. 1991). Please advise us no later than June 26, 2017 if you intend to take the action required under the law. If we do not hear from you by that date, we will assume that you do not intend to take any action. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
    Mr. Comey left the FBI with government records, and the FBI and Justice Department are obligated to get them back. If they don’t, we may sue to try to force them to do so.

Judicial Watch
    Last edited by turiya; 23rd June 2017 at 04:04.

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Trump, imo, has played it perfectly. In other words, he cast out his fishing line
    ("Careful Comey, there may be tapes"), and Comey took the bait - hook, line & sinker.
    It prompted Comey to commit a felony - leaking classified information to the press
    through a so-called "friend".
    I agree Turiya a nice little 'honey trap'...... He played the mainstream media by highlighting
    the deep state surveillance/leaking. They did not pick up on this much on the news panels,
    though some did and many of his supporters watching alternate news , know this goes
    back to the alleged Obama administrations taps on Trump and these over blown Russia
    allegations.....

Trump finally admits he did not record conversations with James Comey

Published on 22 Jun 2017

The president hinted that he might have tapes last month after he fired the former FBI director.

A frustrated Trey Gowdy exasperated that 3 leaks had occurred a few hours
    after a confidential meeting...

Gowdy: We promised no leaks

Published on 22 Jun 2017

Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina confirmed to CNN's Erin Burnett Thursday that Coats did
    meet with the House intelligence committee.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 23rd June 2017 at 13:02.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), avid (23rd June 2017), BMJ (23rd June 2017), GCS1103 (24th June 2017), genevieve (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017), turiya (23rd June 2017)

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Exactly what felony did Comey commit?
    Depends who you ask , he admits to leaking to the media thru
    a friend in open hearings. So it would be up to the department
    of justice and a jury to give the definitive answer.

Did Comey Break the Law by Leaking? Jay Sekulow Says Yes.

Published on 9 Jun 2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOMENTS AGO JAMES COMEY BROKE ON CAMERA AND ADMITTED TO
    LEAKING THIS SECRET ABOUT TRUMP

Published on 8 Jun 2017

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If James Comey has any problems over this its comforting for him to know
    that there is a flat/apartment next door to Snowden waiting for him , which would
    be ironic.....

Putin extends asylum offer to Comey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzE-Xd2WpAg

Published on 15 Jun 2017
    Russian President Vladimir Putin said he is willing to take in former FBI Director
    James Comey in the wake of Comey’s testimony before the Senate Intelligence
    Committee about his interactions with President Donald Trump, providing evidence
    in the committee’s investigation into accusations of collusion between the Trump’s
    campaign and the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential election. In his remarks,
    Putin compared Comey to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. RT’s Daniel
    Hawkins has more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSNBS are going 'loopy' as usual about Trump and will not be happy until he
    is burnt at the stake as a witch......The Dems don't believe the President and
    Sen Schiff and others , know the state eves drops or have the capacity to do
    so which is what Trump is referring to imo...

Dems On Donald Trump Claim There Are No James Comey Tapes: Prove It | The 11th Hour | MSNBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U1LYlB8o30

Published on 22 Jun 2017
    On Twitter, Pres. Trump now says he has 'no idea' whether there are tapes of his
    conversations with Comey. Democrats on the Hill want proof. Guest host Nicolle
    Wallace discusses with our panel.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 23rd June 2017 at 08:48.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), avid (23rd June 2017), BMJ (23rd June 2017), DouglasDanger (26th June 2017), GCS1103 (24th June 2017), genevieve (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017), turiya (23rd June 2017)

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Hannity sums up the situation pretty comprehensively from surveillance ,
    Russia, Comey to Mueller and more.....

Hannity: It's time to drop Russia hysteria, focus on agenda

Published on 22 Jun 2017
    Republicans in Congress need to get to work and earn votes in 2018

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), BMJ (23rd June 2017), Bruno (23rd June 2017), GCS1103 (24th June 2017), genevieve (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017), turiya (23rd June 2017)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

I use straight out the horses mouth C-span too. Jefferson Bouregard Sessions is a real Foghorn Leghorn, huh? LOL

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), Bruno (23rd June 2017), Cidersomerset (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

CIA NN is nothing if not predictable on this subject , Fox has done an interview
    with Trump aired today and the alphabet news channel (CNN) has gone straight
    for snippet's on their u tube channel as usual of anti Trump rhetoric. The first
    Comey , then Russia and Putin's plans to back him, from a secret source that
    cannot be revealed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump: I think Comey's story may have changed

Published on 23 Jun 2017

In an interview with "Fox and Friends," President Donald Trump says that he doesn't have tapes
    between himself and former FBI director James Comey but that there may be "governmental tapes."

WaPo: Putin directed US election hacks

Published on 23 Jun 2017
    The Washington Post reports that Russian President Vladimir Putin directed the hacking of DNC emails
    to help elect President Trump.

This is classic CIANN the interviewer keeps asking Kelly Anne what is the President
    doing about Russia ,Russia ,Russia , Russia and does not listen to her answer in
    this short clip......To be fair there is no love lost on either side.

Conway defends Trump's Russia response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th-P1pCVIQg

Published on 23 Jun 2017

Kellyanne Conway, senior counselor to President Trump, discusses what Trump is
    doing to prevent the hacking of US elections in the future.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 23rd June 2017 at 13:16.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

BMJ (23rd June 2017), GCS1103 (24th June 2017), genevieve (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017), turiya (23rd June 2017)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

The Dems still digging a 'dry' well on Russian interference...

Russia probe expands to Trump campaign members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFaeBFQP8z0

Published on 22 Jun 2017
    Investigators are now looking into whether Trump campaign members used information
    obtained by Russian hackers. CBS News justice and homeland security correspondent Jeff
    Pegues joined CBSN with more on the expanded investigation into possible election meddling.

The REAL Election Hack That MSM Won’t Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8dO08CGzwI

Published on 23 Jun 2017
    In a voting fraud lawsuit, a County Clerk as asked, “You think the Secretary of
    State can tell you NOT to follow state law?” Answer: “I know exactly that they can,
    yes. Absolutely.” Dr. Laura Pressley, Election Integrity Technologist & Strategist,
    challenged the idea that illegal ballots could be used. She was given a $40,000
    personal fine for objecting and told the fines would go away if she didn’t appeal.
    Instead she doubled down and her case has begun the review process by the Texas
    Supreme Court. She joins David Knight to talk about the problems created by ALL
    e-voting machine manufacturers, worldwide— removing the key items that allow
    auditing and integrity.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 23rd June 2017 at 13:09.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

BMJ (23rd June 2017), GCS1103 (24th June 2017), genevieve (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017), turiya (23rd June 2017)

22. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

The major slimeball that should be in front of the Senate Intel committee won’t be. Obama and his crew of snakes put this country on permanent Treachery Alert with the cute maneuver enacted a few days before he left office that allow the National Security Agency to share information it gleans from its vast international surveillance apparatus with 16 other agencies that make up the U.S. intelligence community. It guarandamntees we will forever be vulnerable to leakers. Although the obsequious fanboys of that crew will manufacture all kinds of excuses for why he did this, simple common sense says too many cooks spoil the broth. Humans are vulnerable creatures. 16 agencies, scores of people within those agencies and their staffs, people who can be bribed, threatened and blackmailed. If there was faux-worry about Russia hacking at any time, it’s real now along with worry about China, Iran, Korea, and any nation or group who would like to handicap the U.S. in multiple ways thanks to all the possibilities for leakers that the obama crew created.

But when you’re committing big crimes you must have big cover. He and his snake team covered their butts up good with these new rules making congress chase their tales as clues to leakers will be forever difficult to trace.

I believe the small handful of smart and righteous congressmen who are getting hip to the witch hunt being not one iota real but a ruse to use trump as a major diversion from them and their illegal activities, these congressmen got the scent. But they are so surrounded and possibly outnumbered by criminal dems and large numbers of rhinos they may be thwarted at every lead.

Those who suffer from TDS (trump derangement syndrome) may be finding gratification in the present non-stop witch hunt but the american people are being abandoned – the ‘continuance of governance’ is being abandoned because of this freak show. Presidents come and go but the harm that obama did will last until someone repeals these new rules and more importantly uncovers - what the democrats are hiding by this monstrous diversion.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

BMJ (23rd June 2017), Cidersomerset (23rd June 2017), GCS1103 (24th June 2017), HaveBlue (24th June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017), turiya (23rd June 2017)

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Its CBS turn to go around in circles over Russia.....

Trump finally clarifies he did not tape Comey conversations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQyYgRUQFA

Published on 23 Jun 2017
    After suggesting there might be "tapes" of his conversations with ousted FBI
    Director James Comey, President Trump has now admitted he knows of no
    such tapes. CBS News White House and senior foreign affairs correspondent
    Margaret Brennan joins CBSN with more.

===============================================

New revelations on Russia's election meddling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8x3mnsb78U

Published on 23 Jun 2017
    A Washington Post report reveals new information about Russian interference
    in the 2016 presidential campaign and how the U.S. response fell short. CBS
    News justice and homeland security reporter Jeff Pegues joins CBSN with the
    latest details.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

BMJ (23rd June 2017), Helene West (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

MSNBC is even more paranoid about Trump and Russia than CNN and this
    story published in the Washington post if true confirms that the US was
    ready to sabotage Russian cyber infrastructure. Now the US/UK collects
    information from everyone in the world and this item is interesting and
    I have never doubted that Russia eaves drops on other countries just as
    others with the capability spy on each other even allies....Wiki highlighted
    this with Vault Seven.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside Barack Obama's Secret Struggle Against Vladimir Putin | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Published on 23 Jun 2017

On Friday, the Washington Post published an in-depth story on President Obama's
    efforts to punish Russian President Vladimir Putin for election meddling. Reporter
    Greg Miller joins the show to discuss.

MENWITH HILL: NSA's Spy Center in the UK - 2012 Report ( This is not new) !!

I have touched on this in a previous post....This will also explain why any leaks
    about this place will be treated as a violation of National Security ......and
    why the US/UK are so interlinked at this level, it goes back to WW11 thru
    the cold war to today. A massive defence bureaucracy that needs an enemy
    or the fear of one.

British Big Bro: UK spy agency & NSA 'siblings', share mined data

Published on 22 Jun 2013
    With the US grappling with privacy debates over its recently exposed surveillance
    tactics President Obama has nominated James Comey to lead the FBI. He is a
    former high ranking Justice Department official under President George W. Bush.
    RT talks about this surveillance issue with Glenmore Treaner Harvey, editor in chief
    of the World Intelligence Review website.

read more....

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...732#post691732
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 23rd June 2017 at 19:07.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), Helene West (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Trump casts doubt on Russia investigator Mueller

1 hour ago
    From the section US & Canada

President Donald Trump has questioned the neutrality of Robert Mueller,
    who is investigating Russian interference in last year's US election.

Mr Trump said Mr Mueller's friendship with James Comey, who had been
    heading the inquiry until sacked from his role as FBI chief, was "bothersome".

Asked on Fox News whether Mr Mueller should step down, Mr Trump said:
    "We're going to have to see."

However, Mr Trump did call Mr Mueller an "honourable man".

Mr Mueller was given the role of special counsel by the justice department
    to lead its investigation into alleged Russian interference after Mr Comey
    was sacked on 9 May.

read more...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40385833

=============================================

What did President Obama know about Russian election meddling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrGnZ3MuYgo

Published on 23 Jun 2017
    The Washington Post is reporting more detail about Russian President Vladimir
    Putin's role in hacking during the 2016 U.S. election, as well as President
    Obama's response when he learned about it in August. CBS News justice and
    homeland security correspondent Jeff Pegues joins CBSN to discuss.

================================================

Report: Obama admin. struggled to deal with Russian meddling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ8UrjNNIF0

Published on 23 Jun 2017

Washington Post quotes unnamed former senior Obama administration official:
    'we sort of choked'

OBAMA GAVE TRUMP CYBER WEAPONS TO ATTACK RUSSIA:
    Obama Admits Trump Never Colluded With Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVkeSQnZwT4

Published on 23 Jun 2017
    Obama put cyber weapons in Russian infrastructure that Trump can activate:
    report http://thehill.com/homenews/administr...

OBAMA ALLOWED RUSSIAN HACKERS TO MEDDLE IN ELECTION, DID NOTHING:
    Trump Blames Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD31rnzO4iY
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 23rd June 2017 at 21:29.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), Helene West (23rd June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), Snoweagle (25th June 2017)

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

This is so interesting.
    I didn't read the news during obama administration anywhere near what I'm doing now. I knew why he was installed and I knew he'd be faking it and the globalist press would help him fake it.

Now it's all coming out in the wash. Apparently the Russians also knew an incompetent when they saw one and began playing with the obama crew and having fun with them and the obots were like the gang that couldn't shoot straight. You can sometimes forgive incompetence but the fact that they wouldn't allow enforcement/intel to check their servers and really know the level and depth of the problem that is not forgiveable.

So what did this upstanding crew do? Kick the can down the road to dump it on the alpha male, twisting it around to make it look like trump did something wrong. What a case study in passive aggression. I guess man-haters and beta males are not the answer after all. Knowing their secretive incompetence would have continued with a clinton administration is even more scary than the mess obama's crew left us to deal with now.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th June 2017), Cidersomerset (23rd June 2017), DouglasDanger (26th June 2017), Nasu (24th June 2017), StandingWave (24th June 2017)

32. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

So I gotta thank you for making me actually look these up and read them. I also found very interesting JFK in title 44 as well! So thanks on that account as too.

§ 2101. Definitions
    As used in this chapter—(1) “Presidential archival depository” means an institution operated by the United States to house and preserve the papers and books of a President or former President of the United States, together with other historical materials belonging to a President or former President of the United States, or related to his papers or to the events of his official or personal life, and may include research facilities and museum facilities in accordance with this chapter;

(2) “historical materials” including books, correspondence, documents, papers, pamphlets, works of art, models, pictures, photographs, plats, maps, films, motion pictures, sound recordings, and other objects or materials having historical or commemorative value;

(3) “Archivist” means the Archivist of the United States appointed under section 2103 of this title; and

(4) “Administration” means the National Archives and Records Administration established under section 2102 of this title.

(Pub. L. 90–620, Oct. 22, 1968, 82 Stat. 1287; Pub. L. 98–497, title I, § 102(b), Oct. 19, 1984, 98 Stat. 2282; Pub. L. 99–323, § 2, May 27, 1986, 100 Stat. 495.)

Historical and Revision NotesBased on 44 U.S. Code, 1964 ed., § 397(j) (June 30, 1949, ch. 288, title V, § 507, as added Sept. 5, 1950, ch. 849, § 6(d), 64 Stat. 583, and amended July 12, 1962, ch. 703, § 1(o), (p), 66 Stat. 594; July 12, 1955, ch. 329, 69 Stat. 297; Aug. 12, 1955, ch. 859, 69 Stat. 695; July 3, 1956, ch. 513, § 4, 70 Stat. 494; June 13, 1957, Pub. L. 85–51, 71 Stat. 69; Mar. 15, 1958, Pub. L. 85–341, § 1(1), 72 Stat. 34).

Amendments1986—Par. (1). Pub. L. 99–323 inserted “, and may include research facilities and museum facilities in accordance with this chapter” after “or personal life”.
    1984—Pub. L. 98–497 substituted “this chapter” for “sections 2103–2113 of this title”, designated two existing paragraphs as pars. (1) and (2), respectively, and added pars. (3) and (4).

Effective Date of 1984 AmendmentAmendment by Pub. L. 98–497 effective Apr. 1, 1985, see section 301 of Pub. L. 98–497, set out as a note under section 2102 of this title.

§ 2901. Definitions
    As used in this chapter, and chapters 21, 25, 31, and 33 of this title—(1) the term “records” has the meaning given it by section 3301 of this title;

(2) the term “records management” means the planning, controlling, directing, organizing, training, promoting, and other managerial activities involved with respect to records creation, records maintenance and use, and records disposition in order to achieve adequate and proper documentation of the policies and transactions of the Federal Government and effective and economical management of agency operations;

(3) the term “records creation” means the production or reproduction of any record;

(4) the term “records maintenance and use” means any activity involving—(A) location of records of a Federal agency;

(B) storage, retrieval, and handling of records kept at office file locations by or for a Federal agency;

(C) processing of mail by a Federal agency; or

(D) selection and utilization of equipment and supplies associated with records and copying;

(5) the term “records disposition” means any activity with respect to—(A) disposal of temporary records no longer necessary for the conduct of business by destruction or donation;

(B) transfer of records to Federal agency storage facilities or records centers;

(C) transfer to the National Archives of the United States of records determined to have sufficient historical or other value to warrant continued preservation; or

(D) transfer of records from one Federal agency to any other Federal agency;

(5) the term “records disposition” means any activity with respect to—(A) disposal of temporary records no longer necessary for the conduct of business by destruction or donation;

(B) transfer of records to Federal agency storage facilities or records centers;

(C) transfer to the National Archives of the United States of records determined to have sufficient historical or other value to warrant continued preservation; or

(D) transfer of records from one Federal agency to any other Federal agency;

(6) the term “records center” means an establishment maintained and operated by the Archivist or by another Federal agency primarily for the storage, servicing, security, and processing of records which need to be preserved for varying periods of time and need not be retained in office equipment or space;

(7) the term “records management study” means an investigation and analysis of any Federal agency records, or records management practices or programs (whether manual or automated), with a view toward rendering findings and recommendations with respect thereto;

(8) the term “inspection” means reviewing any Federal agency’s records or records management practices or programs with respect to effectiveness and compliance with records management laws and making necessary recommendations for correction or improvement of records management;

(9) the term “servicing” means making available for use information in records and other materials in the custody of the Archivist, or in a records center—(A) by furnishing the records or other materials, or information from them, or copies or reproductions thereof, to any Federal agency for official use, or to the public; or

(B) by making and furnishing authenticated or unauthenticated copies or reproductions of the records or other materials;

(10) the term “unauthenticated copies” means exact copies or reproductions of records or other materials that are not certified as such under seal and that need not be legally accepted as evidence;

(11) the term “National Archives of the United States” means those official records which have been determined by the Archivist of the United States to have sufficient historical or other value to warrant their continued preservation by the Federal Government, and which have been accepted by the Archivist for deposit in the Archivist’s custody;

(12) the term “Archivist” means the Archivist of the United States;

(13) the term “executive agency” shall have the meaning given such term by section 102 of title 40;

(14) the term “Federal agency” means any executive agency or any establishment in the legislative or judicial branch of the Government (except the Supreme Court, the Senate, the House of Representatives, and the Architect of the Capitol and any activities under the direction of the Architect of the Capitol); and

(15) the term “Administrator” means the Administrator of General Services.

§ 3101. Records management by agency heads; general duties
    The head of each Federal agency shall make and preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency and designed to furnish the information necessary to protect the legal and financial rights of the Government and of persons directly affected by the agency’s activities.
    (Pub. L. 90–620, Oct. 22, 1968, 82 Stat. 1297.)

Historical and Revision NotesBased on 44 U.S. Code, 1964 ed., § 396(a) (June 30, 1949, ch. 288, title V, § 506(a), as added Sept. 5, 1950, ch. 849, § 6(d), 64 Stat. 583).

Managing Government Records
    Memorandum of President of the United States, Nov. 28, 2011, 76 F.R. 75423, provided:
    Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies
    Section 1. Purpose. This memorandum begins an executive branch-wide effort to reform records management policies and practices. Improving records management will improve performance and promote openness and accountability by better documenting agency actions and decisions. Records transferred to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) provide the prism through which future generations will understand and learn from our actions and decisions. Modernized records management will also help executive departments and agencies (agencies) minimize costs and operate more efficiently. Improved records management thus builds on Executive Order 13589 of November 9, 2011 (Promoting Efficient Spending), which directed agencies to reduce spending and focus on mission-critical functions.
    When records are well-managed, agencies can use them to assess the impact of programs, to reduce redundant efforts, to save money, and to share knowledge within and across their organizations. In these ways, proper records management is the backbone of open Government.
    Decades of technological advances have transformed agency operations, creating challenges and opportunities for agency records management. Greater reliance on electronic communication and systems has radically increased the volume and diversity of information that agencies must manage. With proper planning, technology can make these records less burdensome to manage and easier to use and share. But if records management policies and practices are not updated for a digital age, the surge in information could overwhelm agency systems, leading to higher costs and lost records.
    We must address these challenges while using the opportunity to develop a 21st-century framework for the management of Government records. This framework will provide a foundation for open Government, leverage information to improve agency performance, and reduce unnecessary costs and burdens.
    Sec. 2. Agency Commitments to Records Management Reform. (a) The head of each agency shall:
    (i) ensure that the successful implementation of records management requirements in law, regulation, and this memorandum is a priority for senior agency management;
    (ii) ensure that proper resources are allocated to the effective implementation of such requirements; and
    (iii) within 30 days of the date of this memorandum, designate in writing to the Archivist of the United States (Archivist), a senior agency official to supervise the review required by subsection (b) of this section, in coordination with the agency’s Records Officer, Chief Information Officer, and General Counsel.
    (b) Within 120 days of the date of this memorandum, each agency head shall submit a report to the Archivist and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) that:
    (i) describes the agency’s current plans for improving or maintaining its records management program, particularly with respect to managing electronic records, including email and social media, deploying cloud-based services or storage solutions, and meeting other records challenges;
    (ii) identifies any provisions, or omissions, in relevant statutes, regulations, or official NARA guidance that currently pose an obstacle to the agency’s adoption of sound, cost-effective records management policies and practices; and
    (iii) identifies policies or programs that, if included in the Records Management Directive required by section 3 of this memorandum or adopted or implemented by NARA, would assist the agency’s efforts to improve records management.
    The reports submitted pursuant to this subsection should supplement, and therefore need not duplicate, information provided by agencies to NARA pursuant to other reporting obligations.
    Sec. 3. Records Management Directive. (a) Within 120 days of the deadline for reports submitted pursuant to section 2(b) of this memorandum, the Director of OMB and the Archivist, in coordination with the Associate Attorney General, shall issue a Records Management Directive that directs agency heads to take specific steps to reform and improve records management policies and practices within their agency. The directive shall focus on:
    (i) creating a Government-wide records management framework that is more efficient and cost-effective;
    (ii) promoting records management policies and practices that enhance the capability of agencies to fulfill their statutory missions;
    (iii) maintaining accountability through documentation of agency actions;
    (iv) increasing open Government and appropriate public access to Government records;
    (v) supporting agency compliance with applicable legal requirements related to the preservation of information relevant to litigation; and
    (vi) transitioning from paper-based records management to electronic records management where feasible.
    (b) In the course of developing the directive, the Archivist, in coordination with the Director of OMB and the Associate Attorney General, shall review relevant statutes, regulations, and official NARA guidance to identify opportunities for reforms that would facilitate improved Government-wide records management practices, particularly with respect to electronic records. The Archivist, in coordination with the Director of OMB and the Associate Attorney General, shall present to the President the results of this review, no later than the date of the directive’s issuance, to facilitate potential updates to the laws, regulations, and policies governing the management of Federal records.
    (c) In developing the directive, the Director of OMB and the Archivist, in coordination with the Associate Attorney General, shall consult with other affected agencies, interagency groups, and public stakeholders.
    Sec. 4. General Provisions. (a) This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.
    (b) Nothing in this memorandum shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
    (i) authority granted by law to a department or agency, or the head thereof; or
    (ii) functions of the Director of OMB relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.
    (c) This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
    Sec. 5. Publication. The Archivist is hereby authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

§ 3301. Definition of records(a) Records Defined.—(1) In general.—As used in this chapter, the term “records”—(A) includes all recorded information, regardless of form or characteristics, made or received by a Federal agency under Federal law or in connection with the transaction of public business and preserved or appropriate for preservation by that agency or its legitimate successor as evidence of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, operations, or other activities of the United States Government or because of the informational value of data in them; and

(B) does not include—(i) library and museum material made or acquired and preserved solely for reference or exhibition purposes; or

(ii) duplicate copies of records preserved only for convenience.

(2) Recorded information defined.—For purposes of paragraph (1), the term “recorded information” includes all traditional forms of records, regardless of physical form or characteristics, including information created, manipulated, communicated, or stored in digital or electronic form.

(b) Determination of Definition.—The Archivist’s determination whether recorded information, regardless of whether it exists in physical, digital, or electronic form, is a record as defined in subsection (a) shall be binding on all Federal agencies.

(Pub. L. 90–620, Oct. 22, 1968, 82 Stat. 1299; Pub. L. 94–575, § 4(c)(2), Oct. 21, 1976, 90 Stat. 2727; Pub. L. 113–187, § 5(a), Nov. 26, 2014, 128 Stat. 2009.)

Historical and Revision NotesBased on 44 U.S. Code, 1964 ed., § 366 (July 7, 1943, ch. 192, § 1, 57 Stat. 380).

Amendments2014—Pub. L. 113–187 amended section generally. Prior to amendment, text read as follows: “As used in this chapter, ‘records’ includes all books, papers, maps, photographs, machine readable materials, or other documentary materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received by an agency of the United States Government under Federal law or in connection with the transaction of public business and preserved or appropriate for preservation by that agency or its legitimate successor as evidence of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, operations, or other activities of the Government or because of the informational value of data in them. Library and museum material made or acquired and preserved solely for reference or exhibition purposes, extra copies of documents preserved only for convenience of reference, and stocks of publications and of processed documents are not included.”
    1976—Pub. L. 94–575 expanded “records” to include “machine readable materials”.

So what your article actually says he did was take government documents with him that he shouldnt have? I believe that is not actually what he said he did. If you re watch the testimony he told the person to give the content of the memo to the newspaper and not the document himself. So, it seems he wrote a memo as director, sent it to someone who had the need to know and then 'hoped' he would share the content with others but not the actual memo. As far as I recall, he did NOT take the memos with him after he was fired. He shared it with the person before he was fired when he knew it was coming.

33. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 9ofClubs (here)
    So what your article actually says he did was take government documents with him that he shouldnt have? I believe that is not actually what he said he did. If you re watch the testimony he told the person to give the content of the memo to the newspaper and not the document himself. So, it seems he wrote a memo as director, sent it to someone who had the need to know and then 'hoped' he would share the content with others but not the actual memo. As far as I recall, he did NOT take the memos with him after he was fired. He shared it with the person before he was fired when he knew it was coming.
    The above article in Post #6 is not my article. It is a Judicial Watch article. Seems that Judicial Watch is not the only entity that wants a piece of James Comey. As the founder of Judicial Watch, Larry Klayman, has since founded another organization named Freedom Watch. Together with the person he is representing, Dennis Montgomery, they have filed a lawsuit against Comey. The lawsuit includes other Defendants, namely the CIA, FBI & NSA.

Regardless of what you or I think, it really only matters what the courts will decide.

WASHINGTON, June 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Larry Klayman, the founder of both Judicial Watch and now Freedom Watch, and a former federal prosecutor, announced that he and his client whistleblower Dennis Montgomery have moved for a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction in their lawsuit against former FBI Director James Comey, the FBI itself, and the NSA and CIA, among other defendants. The underlying lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia by Freedom Watch is styled Montgomery and Klayman v. Comey et. al, Civil Action Number 1:17-cv-01074 (RJL).

The case involves allegations that James Comey, in concert with the other defendants, buried an FBI investigation, caused by whistleblower Dennis Montgomery, a former NSA/CIA contractor, into mass illegal surveillance on not just President Trump, but the chief justice of the Supreme Court, other justices, 156 judges, and even Klayman. Montgomery came forward to Comey years ago with 47 hard drives containing classified information, under grant of immunity, and even was interviewed under oath by FBI agents Walter Giardina and William Barnett.

Despite this, the complaint and the motion alleges that Comey buried the investigation and thus obstructed justice, since as recently alleged and revealed by Circa News and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, the FBI was engaged in this illegal and unconstitutional surveillance under Comey, allegedly along with the intelligence agencies.

The motion for TRO and preliminary injunction filed late last night asks the court to order a temporary halt to this continuing illegal surveillance, as well as preserve the evidence which Montgomery provided to Comey and the FBI. The complaint and the motion can be found at www.freedomwatchusa.org.

Klayman had this to say:
    "Having asked the intelligence and judiciary committees in Congress to investigate the alleged obstruction of justice, and their having not taken action to date, Mr. Montgomery and I, on behalf of ourselves had to take matters into our own legal hands. This mass surveillance, which threatens the privacy of all innocent Americans, must be ordered to cease forthwith, as it endangers our democracy and our republic."
    For further information, contact Freedom Watch at daj142182@gmail.com or (424) 274 2579.
    Contact: Adrienne Mazzone 561-750-9800 x2270 amazzone@transmediagroup.com
    SOURCE: Freedom Watch
    Last edited by turiya; 24th June 2017 at 04:31.

34. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

The CIA said it was Putin and Russia interfering in the US elections John Brennan
    was pushing this which is a red flag for me as its definitely in the CIA's and their
    neo - con/dem advocates and other allies to demonise Russia over Ukraine and
    Syria. Interesting discussion by the Washington post panel even though its
    Russian paranoid and does not go into the Clinton and US deep state manipulation
    on the election that backfired not due to Putin but Trump supporters listening to
    alternate sources of news and not being brainwashed by the pro Clinton media.

Russia and other countries and individuals may of been involved with some
    sort of information wars but no more than the US does to other countries. It
    is way overblown and if it is as bad as alleged then tighten up on the ballets
    and return to a paper or other more secure method. Though there is no proof
    ballets or a single vote was changed by Russian or any other nations hackers
    although the Dems seem to have stitched up Bernie and may of tampered with
    votes....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How Obama tried to punish Russia

Published on 23 Jun 2017

Washington Post

Reporters explain how the Obama administration struggled to retaliate against Russia
    and Vladimir Putin for interfering in the U.S. presidential election.

Ex-Obama official to WaPo: We choked on Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prjX9aT1gVs

Published on 23 Jun 2017
    A former Obama official said the previous administration "sort of choked"
    in its effort to punish Russia over its attempts to influence the US presidential
    election, The Washington Post reported Friday. CNN's Michelle Kosinski has more.

=================================================

Trump tries to raise red flags about Mueller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPiWwQ4LoLU

Published on 23 Jun 2017
    President Trump said "we're going to have to see" when asked about the future of
    Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is reportedly investigating whether Trump
    attempted to obstruct justice.

=================================================

Obama administration knew about Russian meddling in August

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcqnMYNLpU

Published on 23 Jun 2017
    New details reveal how the Obama administration responded to Russian
    interference in the 2016 presidential campaign. CBS News justice and homeland
    security correspondent Jeff Pegues joins CBSN with the latest details.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 24th June 2017 at 08:14.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Snoweagle (25th June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast