+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Egocentrism

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

Default Egocentrism

It is defined in a number of ways, one of the was this term is defined is has follows:

"Egocentrism is the inability to differentiate between self and other. More specifically, it is the inability to untangle subjective schemas from objective reality; an inability to understand or assume any perspective other than their own"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentrism

It could be said that this statement is one of the views mankind or the human species adheres to, especially when it comes to life our there in the vastness of space, views of the universe based on, technological limitations, scientific thought processes which are influenced by social behaviour and so named expectable norms, based upon limited physical insights of the observer.

Egocentric thinking has been apparent, more so in dictatorships, and also in other ideological process associated with the mechanism of politics, which also effects many other aspects of life, including the use of mind manipulation, indoctrinations, media inputs, repetition of basic beliefs and processes, place value of material things, which are frankly just a thing, it is in the mind of the observer whether it is important or not, with the exception of air you breathe, water you drink and food you eat, these are a matter of biological necessity.

Yet we continue in the so called "normal" world that life out there has to fit in with our parameters regardless, some believe this personally without interference from others, some are the result of the tactics of intelligence agencies and others including those that are responsible for keeping the masses relative calm and passive.

Has I write all this, prepare yourselves here on Avalon, be prepare to have a fluid belief systems, and don't hold on to things that you are told, or lead to believe are truth ( some theories are taught has truth indirectly or provide no other option if you want to fit in with the norms). There is a shock coming........in time

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

Clear Light (25th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th June 2017), Lifebringer (25th June 2017), Rawhide68 (24th June 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,250 times in 635 posts

Default Re: Egocentrism

Egocentrism is part of why we are born on this hevy duty low freq 3rd dimenson planet.
    I think Its a Yin & Yang thing, we have to realize that you are me and I am you, we are all one!, but at the same time we have our own individuality intact.
    Our logic left brain cant accept that, and unfortunately I´m a very left brained person.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Clear Light (25th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th June 2017), Lifebringer (25th June 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Default Re: Egocentrism

Quote Posted by bogeyman (here)
    prepare yourselves here on Avalon, be prepare to have a fluid belief systems, and don't hold on to things that you are told, or lead to believe are truth ( some theories are taught has truth indirectly or provide no other option if you want to fit in with the norms). There is a shock coming........in time
    Ah, but isn't it the case that so much of our Conditioning comes from our formative years early on in childhood and through into adolescence ?

It's kind of like a "lottery" as to where you are born, and into which family and of course, the "values" you are shaped with ... totally beyond one's own control eh ?

Thus, your so-called "ego" (or perhaps more precisely : "my identity") most likely develops (or is influenced by) all of these factors not forgetting the education system you were indoctrinated into too LOL !!!

And just to add to the mix : there's also the left-brain / right-brain "balance" (or imbalance) which I like to suggest can be addressed through meditation

Now, perhaps the "shock" you are referring to may have something to do with how so-called Consciousness is understood inasmuch as perhaps more and more of us are coming to appreciate just how fundamental it is to the "world out there" (of appearances) and just how seemingly Deceived we all have been since "Day One" eh ?

Furthermore is it truly possible to still maintain the out-dated "belief system" of a solely *pre-existing* matter-based "Universe" into which "I am born into a separate body" or is it more the case that my Consciousness is inseparable from the Universe as-it-appears to me ?

Wholeness vs Separation perhaps ...

Here's a rhetorical question : "who" wrote all of the above ?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Oh, here's a related Avalon thread if anyone's curious : The Universe is Immaterial : Mental and Spiritual
    Last edited by Clear Light; 25th June 2017 at 12:36. Reason: Added "pre-existing"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread