+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PRIMER (2004): the best (and most complex) time travel movie ever made

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,585 times in 6,628 posts

Default Re: PRIMER (2004): the best (and most complex) time travel movie ever made

The fascinating thing about time travel , once a time period is, it is always alive somewhere ... Imagine going back 1,000 years, that means somewhere , on some level, that day still exists, and a week from now it will still exist , therefore what is, always is ... The eternal now ...checking out the video now...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

BMJ (27th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th June 2017), justntime2learn (2nd July 2017), Noelle (27th June 2017), sunwings (27th June 2017), Tintin (29th June 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,223 times in 1,631 posts

Default Re: PRIMER (2004): the best (and most complex) time travel movie ever made

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    The fascinating thing about time travel , once a time period is, it is always alive somewhere ... Imagine going back 1,000 years, that means somewhere , on some level, that day still exists, and a week from now it will still exist , therefore what is, always is ... The eternal now ...checking out the video now...
    Sci-Fi author Philip K. Dick believed the Roman Empire never fell, that something caused time (or that particular timeline) to stop at 70 AD.

Thumbs up on the movie! I cheated by watching the primer to PRIMER first. And all those timelines ... reminded me of the different realities that played out in Vanilla Sky.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd July 2017), BMJ (27th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th June 2017), ghostrider (27th June 2017), Inversion (27th June 2017), justntime2learn (2nd July 2017), Mike (27th June 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,250 times in 1,267 posts

I just watched the movie and will watch it again tomorrow.

Good idea cheating Lady M

Perhaps we cold build a gravity distortion and time displacement machine? There seems to be a patent for one...Anyone think it works or it's purpose having a patent?

US Patent 20060073976 A1

"ABSTRACT

A method for employing sinusoidal oscillations of electrical bombardment on the surface of one Kerr type singularity in close proximity to a second Kerr type singularity in such a method to take advantage of the Lense-Thirring effect, to simulate the effect of two point masses on nearly radial orbits in a 2+1 dimensional anti-de Sitter space resulting in creation of circular timelike geodesics conforming to the van Stockum under the Van Den Broeck modification of the Alcubierre geometry (Van Den Broeck 1999) permitting topology change from one spacelike boundary to the other in accordance with Geroch's theorem (Geroch 1967) which results in a method for the formation of G{umlaut over ( )}odel-type geodesically complete spacetime envelopes complete with closed timelike curves.

Link: https://www.google.com/patents/US20060073976
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd July 2017), gord (3rd July 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 times in 876 posts

Wonderful film. Great direction and immensely engaging.:-)

Took the advice and had watched the Illustrative Primer primer tomorrow, which took me back to deciding, I will enjoy it the first time when I have time. Probably do that when I awake this morning:-)

Very simple visual story line yet the viewers perspective conflated by various time lines. We need challenging stories like this throughout our cinematic experiences.

Thanks for the "heads up" on this movie.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd July 2017), Noelle (3rd July 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,872 times in 371 posts

Predestination (2014) is an amazing time travel movie. I just watched it and I have to say I liked it much more than Primer. Though Primer was good and probably more realistic as far as time travel could be anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

Noelle (3rd July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2