+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Meditation Demonic?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Is Meditation Demonic?

Video http://www.truthseekah.com/is-meditation-demonic/

Just like in the video I get asked this question all the time as well so I'm glad somebody finally discuss this from a religious standpoint at that. I posted the same video on Facebook and some people sing like they had never heard this before. But down here in the Bible Belt we get this all the time. It seems to me that people demonize what they don't understand that's why even in the Bible it says to get understanding in to get wisdom and to study to show thyself approved. Great video

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,718 times in 3,383 posts

Default Re: Is Meditation Demonic?

Make sure you cleans your area and your self before doing any such activities, that would help and is good for you.
    Focus your mind on the good, focus out the bad thoughts first.

Demonics/Djinn need an opening in you to get into to you, they don't like you clean
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

CurEus (30th June 2017), GForce (29th June 2017), LadyKitt (29th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,872 times in 714 posts

For those who don't like clicking on links,

I don't get how he starts off talking about Christian things & then goes into new age jargon to justifying encouraging people to open up to things they have no understanding of or protection from.

IMO he is a dangerous person who has been deceived.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

GForce (29th June 2017), LadyKitt (29th June 2017), Mad Scientist (29th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,872 times in 714 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Make sure you cleans your area and your self before doing any such activities, that would help and is good for you.
    Focus your mind on the good, focus out the bad thoughts first.

Demonics/Djinn need an opening in you to get into to you, they don't like you clean
    Seeing as this started as a Christian take on things, here's a quote from the Bible about that;

Quote Luke 11:24-26)

43When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
    Once upon a time I was in a cult that taught meditation (amongst other things ) & I saw people with my own eyes end up what a man of science would call psychotic & what a man of religion would call possessed, not memories I like to dwell on !

If that guy in the vid really thinks "God" is talking to him he really has very little discernment, but then this stuff is like sex, every new generation thinks they discovered it first lol

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), GForce (29th June 2017), Hervé (29th June 2017), LadyKitt (29th June 2017), Mad Scientist (29th June 2017), OmeyocaN777 (29th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spiral (here)

IMO he is a dangerous person who has been deceived.
    Oh, wow. Strong words for disagreeing with someone's personal revelation on meditation. Meditation is beautiful.

9. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,760 times in 8,858 posts

Quote Posted by Makatao (here)
    Video http://www.truthseekah.com/is-meditation-demonic/

Just like in the video I get asked this question all the time as well so I'm glad somebody finally discuss this from a religious standpoint at that. I posted the same video on Facebook and some people sing like they had never heard this before. But down here in the Bible Belt we get this all the time. It seems to me that people demonize what they don't understand that's why even in the Bible it says to get understanding in to get wisdom and to study to show thyself approved. Great video
    You are right, people demonize what they do not understand.

And why don't they understand something else than the bible and religious dogma?

The Bible says to get wisdom and to study. I must tell you, lots of people from the Bible belt I met are nice people, good hearted, like many people from all religions, but the most ignorant of the developed world. The American school system has failed, you have no courses on world geography, on world history, even on science. The best people to fill with superstition are the unschooled unlearned ones.

I am sorry to be that rude. And I don't imply it is like this for all in the Southern Bible belt, but sadly for a majority it is.

I have lived in North America all my life, I know pretty well the Northern US American, and well enough the Southern Belt people. I have lived as well, as a non Muslim, in Muslim country.

I sincerely do not see the difference between a fundamentalist Muslim and a stern Christian. Both are equally intolerant of differences, both are equally not knowledgeable regarding the world's affairs, both are equally schooled almost only by religious dogma. And both are quite fanatic regarding their religious beliefs. This is truly scary. (I would say the same about orthodox Jews).

My experience of meditation: it clears your mind and help you see the truth through numerous false beliefs of all kinds (non religious people do have beliefs too). NO Wonder it is rejected by controlling religious cultures. But certainly not demonic! I sometimes Wonder if it is not religions of all kind that are demonic! (blasphemy ain't it? - no way out with these religious beliefs)

I personnally have one religion: develop your heart, use your brain to the service of your heart - live, behave and act based on your heart, have empathy love and if you can't for whatever reason, work to develop it. Cultivate your heart first, and then your brain that is a god send tool to differentiate. And do use your brain for discernment, to think and to help implementing heart values. This is my only religion.

Sunny Side up, demonic djinns and all freak entities go away when you have a very firm NO to their presence. A non revocable NO. And an unrevocable YES to your soul and your heart. Nobody plays trick on us but ourselves, by not chosing and by believing false dogma. But I understand, I would have thought the same as you do 3 years ago.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (29th June 2017), GForce (29th June 2017), Jad (29th June 2017), Michi (30th June 2017), Mike (29th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017), Pilgrim (30th June 2017), Sammy (29th June 2017), Sequoia (29th June 2017), shadowstalker (30th June 2017), Wind (29th June 2017), wondering (1st July 2017), Words of Joy (30th June 2017)

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member eb219's Avatar
    Thanks

Psalm 46:10 KJV - Be still, and know that I am God.

When we seek the Kingdom Within (Luke 17:21) with the empty mind that takes no thought for tomorrow (Matthew 6:34), we may feel the love arise within and transform our very heart (repentant) which creates a channel with Him.

The more we understand the sacred proportions of our intelligent design, the more this should bring each of us to the realization of the Creator. There is amazing symbolism encoded within the scriptures about the interior processes of the human body. Just the fact that this Book of Life has 'somehow' (thanks be to G-d) made its way into the present day intact... mm hmm

So it would be wise to recognize when meditating, we do so knowing His full presence, love, and awareness. To always test the spirits as Christ was tempted in the desert. If ever confronted, or under attack, command them to leave in Jesus's name. If they come in peace, we must ask them... "Are you from the most high G-d who sent his Son to die on the cross for the sins of this world?" His Word carries actual, real power with it. Remember it doesn't take much to believe on Jesus Christ, whereas John the Baptist used water, the thief on the cross simply believed and said "Remember me when You come into Your Kingdom" -Luke 23:42

“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” Joshua 1:8 KJV
    "He who understands nature walks close with God." - Edgar Cayce

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eb219 For This Post:

GForce (29th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017), Pilgrim (30th June 2017), Words of Joy (30th June 2017)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,785 times in 4,213 posts

Meditation is a very broad term.

I've heard people call chanting select phrases meditation.

From my own perspective, meditation isn't even a cerebral persuit. If it is, it fails my smell test and quite probably is dangerous or at the very least a programming excercise.
    .................................................. my first language is TYPO..............................................

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

anandacate (29th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), GForce (29th June 2017), Mercedes (30th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017), wondering (1st July 2017), YoYoYo (29th June 2017)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 times in 474 posts

I didn't watch the video but I'll just say this:

I Cannot believe this question is even being asked and debated. If Meditation is demonic than there's no recourse for any of us. Meditation is going within and if we're afraid of that we're afraid of ourselves and everything else. If we find something within that disturbs us, that's called needing to heal or transform some energies or experiences.

Meditation is the foundation of who we truly are and our connection to the Divine. Full stop.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Alekahn2 (29th June 2017), Basho (29th June 2017), DragonBorn (29th June 2017), GForce (29th June 2017), ginnyk (30th June 2017), Marikins (30th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017), Sequoia (29th June 2017), shijo (29th June 2017), starlight (2nd July 2017), Tinman (30th June 2017), Wind (29th June 2017), wondering (1st July 2017), YoYoYo (29th June 2017)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Sequoia's Avatar
    Thanks

I "forced" myself to try "meditation" for the first time in 2007 based on instructions in a book by a writer I very much respected. It was painful to say the least in the beginning... to "quiet your mind" and all that constant chatter, for even 10 seconds took long-term and severe mental discipline for me, a constant battle of will. Today I can shift myself to "that state" at will, which in itself is a miracle to me considering how difficult it was in the beginning and how much my mind resisting quieting down without one single thought and entering the void.
    How to quiet your mind...I learned to breathe properly which relaxes my body, I energetically protect myself from anything coming from outside, I connect myself to earth in order to stay grounded - that's where magic happens.

Yes, there is a reason why "meditation" in Western countries is largely still considered hippy woo-woo crap, eventhough more and more people are becoming aware about the benefits of unplugging from the constant electronic stimuli and quieting your mind in order to be calmer and think clearly so that you can focus on what you want, discard what don't want any longer, ie manifestation of your future.

I did not watch the video but IMO, to consider "meditation" demonic is an ignorant polarized way of thinking, there's nothing "wrong" with magic or nuclear energy either, it's how you use it, as long as you DO NOT DO HARM TO ANYONE..it's how you use these techniques/methods, for something positive or negative, which is the human free will of choice based on their knowledge about the existence of "good and bad" ie all there is.
    Last edited by Sequoia; 29th June 2017 at 14:09. Reason: clarification

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sequoia For This Post:

Akasha (30th June 2017), Caliban (29th June 2017), GForce (29th June 2017), ginnyk (30th June 2017), Mike (29th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017), Pilgrim (30th June 2017), shijo (29th June 2017), starlight (2nd July 2017)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    I didn't watch the video but I'll just say this:

I Cannot believe this question is even being asked and debated. If Meditation is demonic than there's no recourse for any of us. Meditation is going within and if we're afraid of that we're afraid of ourselves and everything else. If we find something within that disturbs us, that's called needing to heal or transform some energies or experiences.

Meditation is the foundation of who we truly are and our connection to the Divine. Full stop.
    The guy in the video deals with a lot of religious people. He use to be a Christian evangelist.

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 times in 364 posts

Christianity has a long history of demonizing any practice not supported by the Christian powers that be.

All demons exist in duality only. There are no demons beyond duality. None.

The goal of meditaiton is to take a person beyond duality, to nonduality. Which can only be seen by going inwards. Christians have had a hard time with going inwards to seek the source of it all (other than prayer). We need look no further than how Christianity treated Meister Eckhart or Theresa of Avila. Ever since Jacques de Molay was burned at the stake all inner traditions existing in Christian countries has gone deep underground. The Catholic church has seen to that.

There is an easy response to all this. If the practice or policy in question is not loving, then it is not legitimate. Not valid. Not Christian. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thy self.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Basho (29th June 2017), GForce (29th June 2017), Ioneo (29th June 2017), Sequoia (29th June 2017), Wind (29th June 2017)

22. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member GForce's Avatar
    Thanks

Meditation is a relaxed state of being. How its used and what that person seeks determines whether there's anything dark or demonic. If your goal is to connect with evil you can. Same holds true for connecting to spirit guides, heavenly beings, or even astral projection and remote viewing. You can always use protection if you have fears. There's nothing demonic about it unless you seek it!

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GForce For This Post:

Basho (29th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017), Sequoia (29th June 2017), shijo (29th June 2017), Wind (29th June 2017), wondering (1st July 2017)

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,521 times in 6,825 posts

As much as breathing is.

I'm quite sure that Jesus meditated too.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

1inMany (29th June 2017), Basho (29th June 2017), GForce (30th June 2017), Marikins (30th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017), Sequoia (29th June 2017), shijo (29th June 2017)

26. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member anandacate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Meditation is a very broad term.

I've heard people call chanting select phrases meditation.

From my own perspective, meditation isn't even a cerebral persuit. If it is, it fails my smell test and quite probably is dangerous or at the very least a programming excercise.
    Thank you for pointing this out, norman. I get irked when the term "meditation" is used by itself without clarifying exactly what is meant.

Searching on "meditation definition" in Google reveals it means all these terms: contemplation, thought, thinking, musing, pondering, consideration, reflection, deliberation, rumination, brooding, reverie, brown study, concentration; prayer; formal cogitation

I have been practicing Transcendental Meditation (TM) since 1972 (with a couple of periods of LOAs). However, my long experience with TM is not defined by any the above words.

Transcending is natural; however, it does not occur regularly and systematically. TM allows our awareness to transcend regularly to a state of pure Being, pure existence, the essential constituent of creation. Pure Being is beyond all seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and tasting—beyond all thinking and feeling.

In ancient Vedic literature, which embodies total knowledge of the nature of reality, this fundamental field of pure Being is called Ātmā, the transcendent Self of everyone (“S” being capitalized to distinguish it from the individual self).

According to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and confirmed by my own experience: "The nature of Being is bliss-consciousness; It is concentrated happiness of an absolute and permanent status." "Experience shows that Being is bliss-consciousness, the source of all thinking, of all existing creation."

"Meditation" using the Transcendental Meditation technique effortlessly turns the mind away from the outer field of the senses to take an inward direction by using the natural tendency of the mind to go towards greater happiness.

It is important to define what is meant when the term "meditation" is used. Most "meditations" are on the outer level of the senses, on the level of thinking.

PS: I did not listen to the OP video.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anandacate For This Post:

pabranno (29th June 2017), wnlight (29th June 2017)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,785 times in 4,213 posts

Quote Posted by anandacate (here)

It is important to define what is meant when the term "meditation" is used. Most "meditations" are on the outer level of the senses, on the level of thinking.
    On a good day, I smile, when I hear the current buzz word, "mindfulness".
    .................................................. my first language is TYPO..............................................

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

anandacate (30th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), GForce (30th June 2017), pabranno (29th June 2017), wnlight (29th June 2017)

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 times in 474 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Quote Posted by anandacate (here)

On a good day, I smile, when I hear the current buzz word, "mindfulness".
    Yeah, those "newer" terms tend to move the books off the shelves, usually written by some shrink eager to share his/her great discoveries.

Meditation as we know can come in a zillion forms and formats. When I think of it - and practice it - simplicity is the key. Sit - close your eyes - go within - let go - and keep letting go. Another way of putting it, as Neville used to say, is "Go into the silence."

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Basho (29th June 2017), GForce (30th June 2017), Sequoia (29th June 2017)

32. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,954 times in 2,989 posts

Is eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich demonic?
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Basho (29th June 2017), Caliban (29th June 2017), enigma3 (29th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), GForce (30th June 2017), Marikins (30th June 2017), shijo (29th June 2017), Wind (29th June 2017)

34. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,357 times in 2,953 posts

You always make me laugh, Conk?!!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Basho (29th June 2017), Caliban (29th June 2017), conk (8th August 2017)

36. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Is eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich demonic?
    After repeated consideration i would have to say yes.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shijo For This Post:

conk (6th July 2017), Marikins (30th June 2017), PurpleLama (29th June 2017), Wind (29th June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast